ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

bvoigt iso:

Not finding too much bad stuff so far. The first thing I found that was quite weird was his questioning my wagon all day and then in iso 19 he says: "Anyway, after reading LMP's case and doing a more thorough ISO, I'd say ThAd is fairly likely to be scum." and votes for me. Shortly after he unvotes and votes gonnano, but I feel like it could be a scum-motivated play: question a potential mislynch on me earlier in the day, and then later in the day when the options are running out jumping on me because it looked like a lynch on me could be pushed through.

Ok, getting a bit more interesting. Switches back and forth between me and amrum a bunch of times between isos 21 and 24, always seeming to jump on the one that looks more likely to be lynched. Finally jumps on the bunnylover wagon for the slip-that-wasn't-actually-a-slip.
Recently has jumped on both the furc and dp wagons.

In summary: while he has been pretty consistent with his suspicion for gonnano, generally is always voting for the person who is most likely to be lynched, i.e. shamelessly bandwagonning.

Verdict: could well be scum.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

mothrax
asked for replacement.

Welcome
The Fonz
who replaces him!

Thanks.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by bvoigt »

XScorpion wrote:You read it wrong.
No, you read it wrong.

@ThAdmiral: Somewhere around my ISO #20 on D1, I decided it was time to get a flip, and switched around between several people who seemed pretty likely to be scum.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Day 2, vote count 9

DavidParker - 7 -
ThAdmiral, LynchMePls, InflatablePie, Lowell, bvoigt, EGL, Beasts of the Sea
Furcolow - 4 -
Scott Brosius, XScorpion, Stephoscope, Sathoris
gonnano - 1 -
Amrun
Amrun -2 -
gonnano, Furcolow
The Fonz - 1 -
Nachomamma8
smargaret - 1 -
Artem
Stephoscope - 1 -
smargaret

Not voting - 3 -
The Fonz, Feysal, DavidParker

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline for the end of day two is Tuesday 23rd March @11am CST
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Feysal »

I only have time for a brief post right now. I've been badly strapped for time between my games and real life for the past week, and it is obvious my activity here has suffered from this. I intend to remedy this as soon as possible, for now I'm just saying I haven't disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Oh, and The Fonz is most welcome in the game. Even though a recent experience with him taught me to be leery of his style catching up.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 am

Post by Amrun »

Xscorp, seriously, YOU read it wrong. Nacho was saying he will kill someone tonight. He even clarified upon request.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Furcolow »

smargaret wrote:Furc, of course I disappeared. My FMIL was literally at the door and we were going somewhere with no internet connection.

I don't see Nacho's post as a softclaim. Sathoris's reaction was "I want to prove that I didn't PM furc about the game" not "I want to show how town I am!!!!" scummy.

Furc, how many people do you find scummy right now?
SCUMMY, or scum?
DavidParker, for instance, is scummy. However, I don't feel he is scum. I'm not sure about it, but my gut is telling me he is snarky town.

Amrun is most definitely scummy...
EGL was scummy, but has been doing a lot better today in terms of helping himself with my opinion of him in my head...
I have found you mildly scummy all game, too, smarg, as I feel you are ready to wagon anyone at the drop of a hat. Who has the motivation to do that? Plus there is that associative tell, you getting overly defensive a page ago, and if you add all that together it is pretty damning.

Add Sathoris to that list, and me not considering DP scum fully... so does that count? and I'd say 3 and a half.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Furcolow »

I would also be happy lynching Stephoscope, even if I'm iffy on whether or not they're scum/scummy, because they're useless.
Call it a policy lynch if you will.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:47 am

Post by LimMePls »

Sotty7 wrote:
mothrax
asked for replacement.

Welcome
The Fonz
who replaces him!

Thanks.
/cheer.

Should restore some sanity to this cluster f*ck of a town.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:07 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Sathoris PMed me yesterday as well.

Not seeing the case. Bit of a stretch.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Furcolow »

the fact he is pming people, regardless of what he is saying, is bullshit
"im going to pm you off the topic of the game to get on your good side"
why would someone want to do that?
if and when he flips scum, iPie, you might want to be on the town side of the lynch
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Sathoris »

Because I'm new here and I like to be friendly to people. Seriously why is this even coming up in this game. I've been playing with you and iPie from a month or so now so I though I'd wish you a happy birthday. Dont worry though, I won't do the same for you next year, furc.

Besides your reasoning is completely off. I've been against you all game. I have no motives to get on your good side in this game.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

On the subject of Sathrois PMing members of the game, I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that there is no talking about his game outside of the thread. In this case it seems the PMs were non game related (if this is wrong please PM me ASAP) and so no rule has been broken. Still, contacting players you are playing with is generally frowned upon because it is opening the door for out of thread game manipulation. Which is not cool.

So consider this a warning, with the notion that all PMing activity stops and if it is brought up again in game, steps will be taken.

Thanks.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:48 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Sathoris wrote:Happy Birthday!

Have a great day!
Exact quote. And the post subject had nothing to do with this game, so he's fine.

It's a null-tell because it's not game related. Furc is being silly.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Sathoris »

If I knew furculow would blow this way out of proportion I wouldn't have bothered. Strictly business here then. This has derailed the game long enough. Your attempt of trying to blow something up to shift attention from yourself has been noted furculow..
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hey guys. I've got a job interview tomorrow I'm prepping for, so it might take me a while to get caught up. Fair warning.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:48 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

bvoigt wrote:
XScorpion wrote:You read it wrong.
No, you read it wrong.

@ThAdmiral: Somewhere around my ISO #20 on D1, I decided it was time to get a flip, and switched around between several people who seemed pretty likely to be scum.
This may be true. But you've bandwaggoned since then as well.
Sathoris wrote:Because I'm new here and I like to be friendly to people. Seriously why is this even coming up in this game. I've been playing with you and iPie from a month or so now so I though I'd wish you a happy birthday. Dont worry though, I won't do the same for you next year, furc.

Besides your reasoning is completely off. I've been against you all game. I have no motives to get on your good side in this game.
This comes across as properly genuine.
You've hurt his feelings furc. Congrats.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Smarg iso:

post 1 contains a stretch imo, to make furc seem scum and to bolster her case against furc at this point in time. I'll quote the post in full to explain what I am talking about:
smargaret wrote:That post from Furc is just bad. First, while town could gain some information from speculating on the setup at this point in the game, there is no way that town gains more information than scum does. Giving scum information is only good if you give town more information.

Then let's look at the Ivy vote. Ivy is scum because she hasn't posted a wall of text yet - on page 3, when the game has been open for less than 24 hours. Leaving validity of meta arguments aside, it is unreasonable to expect a wall at this point in the game. Furthermore,
saying
that the lack of a wall post is the motivation behind your vote means that if Ivy is scum, all she has to do is manufacture a wall post and she'll be cleared as town in Furc's view.

Consider also this snippet from Furc's wall:
Furcolow wrote: I am suspicious of LlamaFluff for his black/white reaction to the RQS. Only siths deal in absolutes, kind of thing. The townie reaction, in my opinion, is more along the lines of what Scott Brosius said. He was confused, wishy-washy on it, and then voted me.
So you, as town presumably, posted something to which the townie reaction is to vote you? How is that pro-town? Hint: It's not.

UNVOTE: jmj
VOTE: Furc
The first two points are fine: setup speculation is anti-town, invalid reason for voting ivy. The third point, however, is a bit ridiculous. Furc was quite clearly saying that he would expect a townie to not be so sure of themselves, but ultimately to vote the person they think was most likely scum. Smarg tries to turn this around in to furc admitting that he's anti-town. As I said, it's a stretch.

Questions case on me, ok. Votes gw, ok.

Post 13: Votes jmj when she had been pretty hard on PI for a while. Shows an inconsistency of behavior.

Post 16: Talking about showing an inconsistency of behavior... Votes me. Why? "While the early wagon/case didn't look that great, neither did ThAd's response to said case". Well then why didn't you bring it up earlier instead of only mentioning me to ask Nacho why I was scummy? Now it's starting to look like she is going after whoever she thinks most likely to be lynched.

Goes after amrum after the mccarthy claim. That's fine.

post 43: Jumps on bunny for the slip-that-wasn't-actually-a-slip. Once again arguably looking for the easy lynch.

post 53: thinks amrum is scum because of her opening post. We later find out that this is because she committed the amishtell. Fair enough.

Goes after furc for lying. Understandable. She had said that she believed furc was town yesterday, but that was mainly name related, and it would make sense that after che came up town she revised her belief in name-to-alignment validity.

Most recently builds a case against stephoscope. I don't really have a problem with it but she seemed pretty sure that furc was scum, so I don't really understand why she would jump off him.

Overall: Some good things and some bad. Made sensible cases for the most part, but (similarly to bvoigt) often looked to be chasing the biggest wagon. I know that a lot of people just wanted a flip yesterday, but that doesn't mean the scum weren't also chasing wagons and wanting people to be lynched. It was also the
way
she jumped from one person to another, which sometimes seemed inconsistent with what she had said earlier.

Verdict: Could well be scum.

Out of the three I would say lowell is prob-town and the other two are prob-scum. As for who to vote my head says bvoigt but my heart says smarg. I'm a go with the heart kind of guy.

vote: smarg

@ dp: I know I'm not voting you anymore, but seriously - could you please answer my question?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by LimMePls »

ThAd wrote:@ dp: I know I'm not voting you anymore, but seriously - could you please answer my question?
Cart before the horse?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I would just really like him to address it.

At the same time I feel like smarg/bvoigt are more likely to be scum based on my analysis.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sathoris, Furc, DP, Lowell, why did you ignore my claim?

Unvote, Vote: DavidParker
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I ignored it too.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You did.
But I don't care about you.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by gonnano »

I like Thad's analysis, although I disagree somewhat about bvoigt, who seems to me the most town out of the three that Thad was looking at. I've been getting scummy vibes off of smarg throughout the game, but I'm still not sure if I've seen enough to warrant a vote.

Furcolow's accusation about Sathoris PMing him is a null tell, reads as more VIS play on Furcolow's part.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Nacho, please fullclaim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”