Newbie 1067 - Game over - Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Les Guilelesser »

inspiratieloos wrote: Oh and Les for the record: Mist is apparently 13 years old... that last comment was creepy... :eek:
@Moderator
:cop: Could we change post # 166?

@Mist,
Just for the future, change the numbers after your name that look like 1976.

Mod note: No changing posts after they are made, whats there is there.
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 pm

I want to support my opinion on Mist7676

Mist7676 is Town!

Post # 87:
Mist7676 wrote:Okay now I'm getting a major scum read from Les. I don't think he is playing the newbie card. He wants to follow the cop that has as much information as he has now. He doesn't want his role revealed. Lynch him. LYNCH HIM NOW!!VOTE: Les Guilelesser
Her impulsive guileless reaction is a common character of the girls in her age.
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Escho »

PeRrY-_- wrote:if you guys believe its me, go ahead and vote, i dont care, itll help narrow down who the scum really is
If you are really town, this kinda behaviour never helps the town.

And Les...you are a bit scary.
Show
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 pm

dysorder wrote: With Les making some MASSIVE noise, chaos and confusion, keeping him around could only be a good thing for scum. If they keep the raving,
lunatic Townie
around, that means they can keep most people distracted and manouvre around them....

With that wall of text said and suspicions raised,
I'm keeping my vote on Les.
I don't want this noise distracting us from finding real scum.
Bravo!
What you are saying is that Les is Townie (though is lunatic) and then let's lynch him (Les, the Townie) on Day 1 because I am so tired of this noise. Yes, let us lynch a townie on the 1 day - this will give us a bit of rest - and then we shall go in search of mafia.

You act like a real maf, Disorder!
(Evagrius the Solitary)
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by dysorder »

Les Guilelesser wrote:
dysorder wrote: With Les making some MASSIVE noise, chaos and confusion, keeping him around could only be a good thing for scum. If they keep the raving,
lunatic Townie
around, that means they can keep most people distracted and manouvre around them....

With that wall of text said and suspicions raised,
I'm keeping my vote on Les.
I don't want this noise distracting us from finding real scum.
Bravo!
What you are saying is that Les is Townie (though is lunatic) and then let's lynch him (Les, the Townie) on Day 1 because I am so tired of this noise. Yes, let us lynch a townie on the 1 day - this will give us a bit of rest - and then we shall go in search of mafia.

You act like a real maf, Disorder!
No, Las, I'm acting like somebody who wants to flush out the mafia. With you acting like a crazed loon the focus is all on you and nobody else. Except the opposite end of the spectrum, Perry.

You want to talk about scum moves, Les, why don't you actually flesh out some ideas of your own and share them with us? And no, I'm not talking about "he voted for me so he MUST BE MAFIA!!" reasons. That's all you've given us, and some crazed character.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

@nacho it would be awesome if i survived, but if you really think its me go ahead. youll just be losing a newbie townie, but then again, everyone claims as townie.

reason im fine with with being lynched is ill get to see the rest of the game without worry and learn more, and it will narrow who is scum and who is town

@ les, mist could still be mafia, its called bussing, saving her own self and taking some suspicion off her, but it could still backfire
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

Kcdaspot wrote:my god, he says NOTHING until his 15th-16th posts where he sees everyone on les's case.

he's been on his phone or so he claims for almost all of the game and when he gets around to it he repeats everyone's case on les for a read.

the ONLY benefit of a doubt i'll give him is the phone thing but that has got to give.
dont worry, im not using it anymore (cept for facebook and other things :P)
dysorder wrote:My apologies for being quiet, the past few days have been slightly hectic for me. Let's be honest though, not much has changed in this game. Les is still acting incredibly bizarre, and Perry is still maintaining his couple of line posts...

The thing is, I'm not so sure either are scum at all anymore. I agree, after reading over them a bit more, that Les' language barrier could be an influence into how his posts read, as well as his obvious desire to insert some roleplay into this. This brings me to another point: With Les making some MASSIVE noise, chaos and confusion, keeping him around could only be a good thing for scum. If they keep the raving, lunatic Townie around, that means they can keep most people distracted and manouvre around them. That said, they also have to be seen to be similarly chasing down the raving lunatic, but making sure they keep him around. Something had been bugging me all weekend: Nacho had placed his vote on Les, making it -2 and made sure it was known in #89, but as soon as I get it near hammer with my vote at #100, he unvotes and promptly changes course, picking a new target. He claims the day is young, and wants to hear more from Les, but swerves and starts charging at Perry. If this was someone who did think that Les was acting scummy, he should be pressuring Les more. I'm fine with removing the vote to save him from being hammered, that makes sense. But he doesn't put any more pressure on Les at all, simply leaves him alone and within a few of Les' bizarre posts, he concludes that Les is town after all and Perry is undoubtedly scum. Incredibly suspicious, from my point of view.

With that wall of text said and suspicions raised, I'm keeping my vote on Les. I don't want this noise distracting us from finding real scum. It's too easy to let a townie survive, only to have him make all the wrong noise and distract us, only to end up with Mafia swerving us against each other during the day and capping us in the night.

Also, for those who are now highly suspicious of Perry, don't you think that if he was scum (and new at that), he would have actually found time to write up a whole big post by now? If all he has to do is write a few paragraphs giving his thoughts and ideas on the game to get you people off his back, any mafia (and especially a new, paranoid player) would succumb to that to stay within the confines of the game and not look suspicious. I really do think his reading/posting on his phone claims are valid, and just seems like someone who can't really play the game right now.

tl;dr - I think Les and Perry are town, Les is annoying noise and maf are using him to distract us. My vote stays, but I'm looking at Nacho suspiciously. No finger, not just yet.
yeas i am having trouble playing atm, between school/work/grounded, but i still find the time, but i somewhat agree on the nacho suspicion, to some extent

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Perry wrote:if you guys believe its me, go ahead and vote, i dont care, itll help narrow down who the scum really is
This is a fantastic reason that Perry needs to die, now. Note the differences between Les and Perry as they begin to fall under pressure, and how Les is trying to find the mafia while Perry is saying that he doesn't care if he's lynched or not despite saying earlier that he was trying to survive.
i did not say i was only trying to survive, i said "be somewhat safer"

and on that note i will be going to bed
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:20 am

One more post from me, guys, and I shall take, at last, some rest from posting.

Personally, I found PeRry's behaviour typical for mafia after his post # 150
PeRrY-_- wrote:@Les again,i will say this again, this is a game of deception, nobody is always as they seem

Mafia need say something pertaining to the common sense though generally avoiding much posting to be revealed. (His post might have been seen as him feeling sorry for poor Les - and this is typical for mafia).
I also agree with what was said against PeRry in post #159 (look it, please, again yourselves).

And the last:
[/quote]
Post #161
PeRrY-_- wrote:im not trying to sound
like les
here but im not a mafia.
There is no room for another Les on Day 1, PeRry; the house is full.
\vote: PeRry
(Evagrius the Solitary)
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 6

Les Guilelesser 2 - Mist,dysorder
PeRrY 2 - Nachomamma8, Les
inspiratieloos 1 -Hazard

Not voting

inspiratieloos
PeRrY
Escho
Kcdaspot

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline Saturday 19th March 10AM EST
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

If you were to actually read and listen the whole thing, I'm not saying I'm going to be exactly like you, just comparing the being new part, still not going to vote, but I still have some suspicion for les
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

Unvote Vote: Perry

I gotta say, they're pretty right about you. I'd say post some content.

Also, is Escho still on V/la, or something?
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Escho »

No I'm not on a V/LA, just busy with school.
Show
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

quote striping and one liners =/= content perry

i'd vote you but HwaG beat me and i'm not ringing you to L-1 without you posting decent reads/cases.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

... bringing...
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

liek ive said a million times before (or whatever), go ahead and vote me if you want, youll at least have more of an idea who the mafia really is. the reason i dont have huge million word posts is i cant write that much, its near imposible to me. anything over 2 paragraphs is big to me, theres a reason i have an F in Language arts (aside the fact im lazy and do no HMWK>.>) im tired of playing the newbie card so just go ahead and vote me, i really dont care anymore, it would be awesome if i survive, but at this point, i have no clue how im going to change your guys' minds.

only thing i remotely have to think who might be mafia are les, mist or nacho

les- the way hes been jumping votes and acting weird

mist- her having almost nothing towards les then jumping all over him

nacho- him immediately jumping off of les and right on to me just because i was looking at "votes" from my phone, i ment to say posts, but now i know not to say that since people ill jump all over me for just looking at votes

but if you guys still think its me, go ahead, no hard feelings whatsoever :P
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

^^ to add on to the les suspicion, his theory of why people are mafia are kinda off >.>

Les Guilelesser wrote:
One more post from me, guys, and I shall take, at last, some rest from posting.

Personally, I found PeRry's behaviour typical for mafia after his post # 150
PeRrY-_- wrote:@Les again,i will say this again, this is a game of deception, nobody is always as they seem

Mafia need say something pertaining to the common sense though generally avoiding much posting to be revealed. (His post might have been seen as him feeling sorry for poor Les - and this is typical for mafia).
I also agree with what was said against PeRry in post #159 (look it, please, again yourselves).

And the last:
Post #161
PeRrY-_- wrote:im not trying to sound
like les
here but im not a mafia.
Les Guilelesser wrote:There is no room for another Les on Day 1, PeRry; the house is full.
\vote: PeRry
for me pulling the newbie card, im automaticaly scum? and reminding you about the game is scummy? i highly doubt that is anything scummy

also:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
PeRrY-_- wrote:well right now ive got nothing to really say. not trying to lurk but im new here trying to learn the ropes here, much much different than EM or in person. if you can squeeze a paragraph out of me its a miracle ^.^
Scummy, considering that he's been promising books and huge post... Why make a promise you can't keep, unless you're just trying to look good?
i did not promise long posts, i promised "getting more in depth" as in reading other posts. if you go and read post 13...
PeRrY-_- wrote: ill try to post a couple time a day at least, and
ill stay away from super long storys
:P
explains why i i havent made huge posts, just likethe first 3 posts of the game, short simple, to the point

now that ive writen (plus the other post) all that im gonna go die in a hole, that was a lot for me o.O

Mod note: Quotes fixed
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Mist7676 »

UNVOTE YOURSELF BEFORE MAFIA PULLS A QUICK HAMMER!!!
You Are Worth It
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:16 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

He didn't vote himself, he made a mistake when quoting Les. But better unvote just to be sure ;)
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:38 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Perry, what information do you think your death will provide? I don't really see it... well maybe Nacho being scum if you flip town, but even that's a stretch. Just accepting your death isn't going to help your team in any case, please don't do that.

Nacho and kcda, you've been going off on Perry for not posting content, have you looked at Hazards posts? I think Perry has posted more content in total than him, although his content to post ratio is a lot lower so the lack gets noticed. Although I really don't like the fatalistic attitude.

I guess my wish from #139 came true... but now I have too much potential mafia.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 am

Post by PeRrY-_- »

if I get lynched, you'll lose someone who's horrible at this game ^.^ but also there will be a higher chance of catching the mafia

And just in case that vote up there is thought to be mine, UNVOTE:
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

mod note: I am treating PeRrY self vote as an accidental quote mistake given there was a broken quote bracket and it was a quote from what was said a few posts earlier...This has now been Mod fixed to take away any and all confusion
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

Well now that Perry has been pressured into doing something, I'm
unvoting
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Just posting here to say that I'm not disappeared or dead.
I've been a non-presence in this game, but that will change.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

Hazard with a Glove wrote:Well now that Perry has been pressured into doing something, I'm
unvoting
more or less, its more that i finally have time :P
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

posting.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”