Open 291 Frenenemies (+ other guy) - Game over: Wolves win!

aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by aaah400 »

i voted again glass just to indicate what i have done previously.
i agree wagonning is actually protown but also dangerous at the same town as wagonning can lead to mislynching.

+ve factor is that alot of information will be gained such as who voted and what happened. within the votes, we can see who has been following who, which may indicate actions from mafia side.

unvote
while i am reading more.

note. SSS is a very lurking type player and has flipped scum in my current game Modding by Crazy.
Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.
The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Glass »

@Aaah
-palm collides with face-
aaah wrote: note. SSS is a very lurking type player and has flipped scum in my current game Modding by Crazy.
Not only is talking about an on-going game a big no-no, but this has absolutely no relevance to anything.
aaah wrote:i voted again glass just to indicate what i have done previously.
....;O_o

Also, whats +ve? Are we talking about electrical charges in mafia?

Regarding the c/krazy exchange... I will need to sleep on it.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by parknourie »

Okay. First of all,
Unvote: Wizrak

Don't want any replacee to have a pressure on them as they entre.
@Crazy - I thought Krazy was doing a decent amount of scum-hunting. He's town read on me and so are you (another scum-hunter here).
My top candidate is still Wizrak (I feel the same way Krasy does on this one).
aaah figure is intriguing too. He's basically here, but not here. Always leaves his mind somewhere (if he has one, that is).
Also, to note: Chkflip has gone AWOL. Thoughts?
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Post by aaah400 »

AWOL = ?
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Krazy »

Absent WithOut Leave
vote conspiracy
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by aaah400 »

ah lol and +ve shortened for Positive. another words. pros and cons
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote count

Crazy - 1 (Jerbs)
Jerbs
Krazy - 1 (Crazy)
Quaroath - 1 (TheBigLebowski)
wizrak - 3 (smashbro_of_the_SSS, Krazy, Glass)
Glass
smashbro_of_the_SSS
parknourie
TheBigLebowski - 1 (chkflip)
chkflip - 2 (Quaroath, wizrak)
aaah400

I'm giving smashbro_of_the_SSS, TheBigLebowski and wizrak another 24hrs then I will replace
Last edited by ThAdmiral on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:53 am

Post by Crazy »

@park - Even though I disagree with the wizrak wagon, you get town cred for showing initiative there. Krazy just piggy-backed on your case in a very opportunistic manner. His "I'm really feeling this wizrak wagon" post and his lame backtracking that followed really rubs me the wrong way.

@aaah - That doesn't answer the question of WHY you voted Glass in the first place.

The lurkers either need to post or get replaced. Smash's V/LA ended yesterday, so he's due for a post. Chkscum and TBL seem to have totally disappeared, so they probably just need replacements. As for Jerbs, I'm awaiting his promised catch-up post.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Crazy »

So aaah and wizrak were banned for cheating in another game... now what?
aaah400
aaah400
Goon
aaah400
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 am

Post by aaah400 »

I am still here crazy
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:05 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

first off, sorry that I didn't post yesterday, was busy.
Krazy wrote:Not getting that much out of this RVS so far, so let's do some RQS.

-How screwed is the town?
can't tell until later in the game, hopefully we aren't.

-Which are cooler, werewolves or mafia?
depends on my mood, i guess werewolves

-How lurkerish are YOU?
... a lot. unfortunately, i tend to only post when i have something new to say, so if i have the same thoughts as someone else, I'm not going to make a post only saying i agree. it just takes up space. this game i'm going to try to be more attentive and post more often.

-Rate the following on a scale of Very Scummy to very Noobish to Totally Pro:

-Asking questions about role mechanics (Is this always role fishing?)
not necessarily always rolefishing, and while not a great move, I've seen town do stuff that's scummy

-Talking about No Lynch
if there's use for a no lynch, then of course talk about it

-Talking about theory in the first few pages
usually unhelpful, but again, not necessarily scummy

And the most important question:
-Why haven't you voted Crazy yet?
because i'm not planning on it

now that that is out of the way, I really don't like aah's coming into vote and then leaving for a while, but i can't say it's scummy for him yet. but aah, how come you don't seem to be posting as much as usual?

unvote
because i don't actually think wizrak was scum, that was leftover from rvs. don't particularly like wizrak's play, but i don't see it as scummy.

Krazy is my number two suspect right now. I especially don't like the lynch all lurkers post, especially the reasons for some people. we aren't going to spend 5 days lynching lurkers, so why even bring it up?
Krazy wrote: then:
TheBigLebowski (for vanishing from multiple games simultaneously)

then:
smashbro (because I'm running out of reasons)
you say to lynch TBL for not being in any games? If anything that just means that he has no time at all, not lurking in general. as for me, thanks for giving no reason, but why throw me on there? I was on v/la. (other people on the list might have been too, idk. same goes for anyone else who announced v/la). Please tell me that this is just a joke post to get reactions.
other than that, there is Krazy calling himself a hypocrite, which tends to be scum lampshading bad play they want to get away with. A decent amount of your posts have been either calling out the lurkers or looking for support on your RVS wagon on Crazy. Now, you're voting Wizrak, but when did you actually push for the wagon? You made the comment about him being thin skinned and for wagoning, but that's about it. Seems like you're just latching onto a popular wagon without reason. oh wait. you said you were doing that, right hypocrite? simply wagoning someone who was wagoning?

my top scum right now is chkflp though.
chkflip wrote:Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon
or
the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.

Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
This post is full of scumminess, bringing up 3 things that could be called scummy if put together with another case, and bringing them up would probably make chk look good and that he could use later. I could easily see him going back and saying they aren't dismissible anymore if he needs to. He's setting himself up for calling anybody from this group scum if somebody starts a wagon.

now that chk hasn't been around, there really isn't much more to comment on, so I'll
vote Krazy
for now, at least until chk or a replacement comes back.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Am checking up on situation regarding aaah.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Krazy »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
Krazy is my number two suspect right now. I especially don't like the lynch all lurkers post, especially the reasons for some people. we aren't going to spend 5 days lynching lurkers, so why even bring it up?

I was pretty clear that I was doing it simply to encourage lurkers to post more. Interesting that you seem to want to ignore the context, however.

And why would we assume that we can't spend 5 days lynching lurkers? If all the lurkers do is lurk, and never send in their night actions, then maybe there won't be any nightkills! Easiest town-win ever! :D
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: you say to lynch TBL for not being in any games? If anything that just means that he has no time at all, not lurking in general.

Well of course that's why he wasn't at the very top of the list.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: as for me, thanks for giving no reason, but why throw me on there? I was on v/la.

That is my bad, actually. I will downplay my mistake by saying you didn't bold your v/la announcement :P
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: Please tell me that this is just a joke post to get reactions.

I don't understand how you would read my exchange with Glass and take it as anything other than that.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: A decent amount of your posts have been either calling out the lurkers or looking for support on your RVS wagon on Crazy.

That's sort of like saying "you've either been calling out 90% of the game or looking for support on your pressure of the other 10%"
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: Now, you're voting Wizrak, but when did you actually push for the wagon? You made the comment about him being thin skinned and for wagoning, but that's about it. Seems like you're just latching onto a popular wagon without reason. oh wait. you said you were doing that, right hypocrite? simply wagoning someone who was wagoning?

Actually, I explained that I was doing so because she was putting in the motions of RVS without actually putting substance behind her votes when voting either candidate. Wagoning without content. Apparently you decided to skip this post too, however.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
vote Krazy
for now, at least until chk or a replacement comes back.

Okay, so you have a top scum candidate, but instead you vote for someone else?
vote conspiracy
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Jerbs »

chkflip
chkflip wrote:Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
your point is?

As for the "dismissible" stuff, you didn't really justify your actions, and you seem to be saying that you purposely said something was dismissible so that people would attack you and start a conversation?

And these actions whould be either "scummy" or "not scummy" You were just fencesitting.

aaahI don't think aaah is paying attention.

took a look at his iso

first 5 posts are fluff/RVS, nothing interesting

then votes takes the bait and votes glass again

then
aaah400 wrote:i voted again glass just to indicate what i have done previously.
i agree wagonning is actually protown but also dangerous at the same town as wagonning can lead to mislynching.

+ve factor is that alot of information will be gained such as who voted and what happened. within the votes, we can see who has been following who, which may indicate actions from mafia side.

unvote
while i am reading more.

note. SSS is a very lurking type player and has flipped scum in my current game Modding by Crazy.
"I voted glass just to indicate what i have done previously" yeah okay
"I agree wagonning is actually protown but also dangerous at the same town as wagonning can lead to mislynching" something relavent so that I look protown, I'm not even gonna take a stance
Then some wagoning theory discussion, irrelevant
"unvote while I am reading" If you were sure enough to vote glass twice, why would you unvote?
"note" ongoing game and irrelevant. How is this something to note? unless you mean meta? which doesn't mean anything anyway

Then more fluff

Vote: aaah
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

I word things the way I do to get rouses out of people. Use big words and people really start to go
apeshit
, don't they? I didn't find it noteworthy, so I said it was dismissible. It worked with Quaroath too, it seems, as I hardly even noted about him and he feels I'm giving him some sort of grilling. Sorry about my slight absence, I had some hefty college exams. That doesn't happen often.

Crazy
: No no, there you go acting like you know me again. I say "it strikes me", that doesn't have to always mean I think it's particularly scummy. It could actually be particularly unscummy to me, I'll just say something about it, and nine times out of ten it'll get some sort of response that backs up what I already thought or might even make me see something I may have been missing before. I even said this in post 49. To you, as a matter of fact. I'll call it scummy when I think it's scummy.

Quaroath
: I didn't say answering questions is scummy. I'm also not trying to take the non-stance on a situation that doesn't even exist. I'll go ahead and reiterate. It's expected to have questions answered because it's just rude not to answer them. It's not that you answered, it was how meaningless your original statement was. It made you think of a song; that's awesome, lots of things make me think of songs, too, but I don't often think to mention that in the duration of a mafia game. That's what I found to be a little interesting. Not particularly scummy, but definitely reassures me that you're a bit defensive by the way you've reacted.

unvote
the random vote. Was testing so I'll give it a quick re-read and drop a serious vote.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

Jerbs wrote:
chkflip
chkflip wrote:Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
your point is?

As for the "dismissible" stuff, you didn't really justify your actions, and you seem to be saying that you purposely said something was dismissible so that people would attack you and start a conversation?

And these actions whould be either "scummy" or "not scummy" You were just fencesitting.
Okay, you're the second to say so, so I'll try this again. Choo-choo doesn't mean anything to me. Never will. Glass saying it's odd for Qua to say something about riding trains when he wasn't in fact riding himself
also
doesn't mean anything to me. I wasn't fencesitting, I was waiting for some real content. It was page 2 iirc.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:my top scum right now is chkflp though.
chkflip wrote:Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon
or
the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.

Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
This post is full of scumminess, bringing up 3 things that could be called scummy if put together with another case, and bringing them up would probably make chk look good and that he could use later. I could easily see him going back and saying they aren't dismissible anymore if he needs to. He's setting himself up for calling anybody from this group scum if somebody starts a wagon.
I've pretty much just said the opposite to that. Is there anything else you could easily see me doing after playing a whole one game with me (where you were scum and I lynched you) prior to this one?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Crazy »

Extreme disappointment about the wizrak/aaah/park situation.
TheBigLebowski
TheBigLebowski
Goon
TheBigLebowski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by TheBigLebowski »

I'm really sorry, but some
Major
stuff in my life has popped up.

/replace out
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Glass »

WTF THIS GAME HAS SERIOUSLY JUST GONE TO SHIT. PARK AAAH AND WIZRAK ARE DELETED AND TBL IS REPLACING OUT? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The real only saving grace is that chk is back.
Game-related post to follow.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Krazy »

Hey guys, why don't we all just replace out so that an entire new wave of replacements come in and it's basically a BRAND NEW GAME?
vote conspiracy
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Glass »

Ok, sry for the wait (I tried to do some digging on the park/aaah/wizrak deletion and didn't find anything, I will post before I go back to searching).

First off I think that the crazy-krazy exchange from last night is rather ridiculous on crazy's part. Don't think that needs any more covering.
SS wrote:He's setting himself up for calling anybody from this group scum if somebody starts a wagon.
That is such a stretch, even if he goes on to say that it is not dismissible, attacking someone for something that would have happened pages ago without any support is ludicrous. If he does have other support than it is not really a scum move to reconsider his thoughts.
SS wrote: now that chk hasn't been around, there really isn't much more to comment on, so I'll
vote Krazy for now, at least until chk or a replacement comes back.
You don't think that chk might feel more inclined to post if there is pressure on him?
krazy wrote: And why would we assume that we can't spend 5 days lynching lurkers? If all the lurkers do is lurk, and never send in their night actions, then maybe there won't be any nightkills! Easiest town-win ever! :D
/facepalm. But I know you are joking so I will let it be. If you actually are serious say so so that I can come back and rage.

My attention is very drawn onto SSS, but I am going to UNVOTE: until some shit gets sorted out regarding the 4 needed replacements.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Crazy »

Glass wrote:First off I think that the crazy-krazy exchange from last night is rather ridiculous on crazy's part. Don't think that needs any more covering.
Tell me that Post #104 does not look like opportunistic scum.
Tell me that his posts that follow that do not look like lame backpedaling.
Tell me HOW you can possibly think that.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Crazy »

Chk, you definitely have a way with stuffing a lot of words in your posts yet still saying nothing at all. So you're basically denying ever having a stance on anything?

I don't care what you find "interesting" or what "strikes" you. Tell me what you find scummy!

What I find scummy is when someone tries to pass off the notion that calling something "dismissible" was part of an elaborate ploy to start discussion.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Glass »

Nah, I do see where you are coming from crazy, but I think that you are misinterpreting. In his posts krazy essentially said how he liked the wagon even more because of his dislike of wizrak. So there are 3 possibilities. The first is that he gets emotionally involved in the game and that influences his decisions (granted, this happens for everyone, but I mean more so than the average joe). The second is that he is open to policy-lynches, he sees wizrak as being a hindrance to town even if he is town. The third is that he was being an opportunistic scum trying to lynch wizrak for being thin-skinned.

Number 2 seems the most likely to me considering his postings about lynching-all-lurkers, is it poor play? Yes, but poor play does not equate to scummy play. I honestly do not see how krazy was trying to push a lynch by saying wizrak was thin-skinned, he was not marketing that to anyone, just saying that it makes him feel better.

I just went and looked to see if krazy was emotional/open to policy-lynches in his previous games and I find that when he was town he actually played the game a lot more seriously (I unfortunately cannot link it because it is on-going, but you are free to look at krazy's games yourself). So I guess that is a black-mark on his name.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Krazy »

Glass wrote:Nah, I do see where you are coming from crazy, but I think that you are misinterpreting. In his posts krazy essentially said how he liked the wagon even more because of his dislike of wizrak. So there are 3 possibilities. The first is that he gets emotionally involved in the game and that influences his decisions (granted, this happens for everyone, but I mean more so than the average joe). The second is that he is open to policy-lynches, he sees wizrak as being a hindrance to town even if he is town. The third is that he was being an opportunistic scum trying to lynch wizrak for being thin-skinned.

Why can't it be all of the above? :D

You're welcome to look at Open 289 for a game where I get emotional and advocate a policy lynch in my first post. Unfortunately I haven't flipped yet in that game, but it's hardly new behavior for me :P
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Open Games”