Newbie 1066 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by mozamis »

TheWayItEnds wrote:
mozamis wrote:lets just keep focused on rg people. too much talk is good for scum.
Um...... what?

Thats literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard
You don't understand. There is one scum amongst us whilst Rg is away. What scum wants us to do is to keep talking ,tie ourselves in knots ang get us to lynch someone before Rg gets back. If we maintain discipline and dont cast too many other suspicions etc, we won't lynch someone.

You're in the mindset of "talking=infomation=good for town". Normally i guess thats true.
But not in this case -unless we think we can genuinely lynch RG's. scum partner. But thats risky.
I would rather we lynched rg and got ourselves a definite scum lynch.
Understand now?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 am

Post by Maxous »

You have yet to explain why Garm is 'a definite scum lynch'..
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Crazy »

Vote Count:

Vordark
(0)
RaudhrGarm
(2) - mozamis, Thian
TheWayItEnds
(0)
mozamis
(3) - RaudhrGarm, Maxous, Vordark
Thian
(0)
bvoigt
(0)
Maxous
(0)

Not voting
(2) - TheWayItEnds, bvoigt

With 7 alive, 4 votes will achieve a lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is
March 24th
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Vordark »

After going through the thread yet again, I'm beginning to think the most plausible scenario here is that RG is just horrible town and Moz is scum trying to mis-lynch us into lylo for Day 3. Moz's defense of "I'm not talking because that will help the scum" is absurd. I'm also thinking that Maxous is correct about Moz's sudden and dramatic change in attitude over the night phase.

Moz is at L-1 right now. It would be nice to see something more than "Not gonna" from him, when he's asked to say something.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Thian »

**off game note**
Had a long weekend was out celebrating with staff from my friends work place. I am back
**end off game note**

Mozamis:
You are right in a sense that being concise with what you say is good. However, you do need to have conversation if you are going to weed anything out. So I disagree with you in that sense. Less talking? Where were you going with that?
~I told you it was a bad idea to tell her she smelt like hot dogs!~
Games Completed
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:14 am

Post by bvoigt »

Vordark wrote:Moz's defense of "I'm not talking because that will help the scum" is absurd.
It may not have been a good idea, but why would scum be more likely to say something like that?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Maxous »

I'm more concerned with how he
definitly knows
Garm is mafia. And then while I was looking back I noticed also that Garm votes Mozamis with his first post of the day. What's more interesting is that Mozamis says nothing about this. Remember his reaction to every suspicion on him in day 1? But Garm votes him..not a bother on him, no refutal.

They did'nt mention a lick of suspicion on each-other in day 1. It looks like bussing to me, vote for each-other, seperate and not get caught together.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Vordark »

I think there's already enough of a case for Moz being scum without even factoring in Day Two. If you
do
look at Day Two, Moz's behavior took a complete 180, as Maxous observed, and I believe his explanation to be the most plausible. Moz's scum buddy coached him during the night phase. The more I look at the RG wagon, the less I like it and the less I like the people on it.

Moz pushing a second fast wagon and playing the "lurk the suspicion away" card all of a sudden smells like a scum gambit to me. The longer he sits at L-1 and says nothing, the worse it looks to me.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:52 am

Post by mozamis »

shit i didnt realise i was L-1.
want me to claim?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Maxous »

Sure.
Why not?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 am

Post by mozamis »

vanilla townie. *I'm dead face*
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Vordark »

Maxous wrote:I'm more concerned with how he
definitly knows
Garm is mafia. And then while I was looking back I noticed also that Garm votes Mozamis with his first post of the day. What's more interesting is that Mozamis says nothing about this. Remember his reaction to every suspicion on him in day 1? But Garm votes him..not a bother on him, no refutal.

They did'nt mention a lick of suspicion on each-other in day 1. It looks like bussing to me, vote for each-other, seperate and not get caught together.
I don't think Moz definitely knows Garm is mafia. I think he definitely knows Garm is town. I considered the idea that this is a bus, but that would be a big risk.

After his behavior Day One and his hammering of NS, RG is an almost guaranteed lynch coming into Day Two. I find it hard to believe that a bus attempt would be made there, since it would be almost certain to result in a kill rather than just a way to deflect suspicion.
Maybe
if this was RG trying to sacrifice himself to make Moz look good for Day Three, but I think that's a stretch.

I think the more plausible scenario is that Moz is pushing for an RG wagon because it is as close to a sure lynch as you can get. RG goes down Day Two, Mafia NK's someone tonight and we're in lylo for Day Three. Moz continues to use his teflon noob coating and FoS's someone else here, probably bvoigt given the setup he's already dropped, which
also
appeared to come out of nowhere after the night phase.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am

Post by mozamis »

thats the most convincing town post i've seen vordark make all game.
which leaves me with maxous and rg as most likely scum
possibly bvoigt.
sure as i can be that Thian an TWIE are town.
still, as i have suspected everyone all game i know no one's gonna believe me now, especially as i am wriggling in the rope ;)
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Vordark »

mozamis wrote:vanilla townie. *I'm dead face*
The only thing that would have dissuaded me here was if Moz had made a cop claim, because that would be the only justification I could see for the near-silent tunnel on RG. As it is, I find a VT claim here less than compelling.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Maxous »

Now Bvoight is maybe mafia?
I'm not even going into why I'm mafia while he's sure Thian is town :/

@Vordark: I'll go back and look at Bvoight a bit closer then.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Vordark »

Maxous wrote:Now Bvoight is maybe mafia?
I'm not even going into why I'm mafia while he's sure Thian is town :/

@Vordark: I'll go back and look at Bvoight a bit closer then.
To be sure,
I'm
not saying bvoigt is Mafia. Moz is:
mozamis wrote:Sorry NS :(
Ok, so I realise i have ZILCH scum hunting credibility right now having pushed hard for NS lynch.
But ASSUMING that at least one of those on NS Bw is scum, that leaves bvoigt, vordark and rg.
Vordark is town i think. Just dont think scum would have tunnelled for me quite so much as vordark did.
so rg or bvoigt?

the way rg hammered looked dodgy.
VOTE RAUDHRGARM
Which began the following interchange...
bvoigt wrote:Hmm. That hammer
was
pretty scummy....
mozamis wrote:why havent you voted for him then?
bvoigt wrote:No need to place someone at L-1 with the 5th post of the day.
mozamis wrote:lol yeah especially when hes your scum partner
bvoigt wrote:Oh, now I'm scum? Why?
mozamis wrote:lets get rg lynched and the we'll deal with you scum
A wee bit later...
bvoigt wrote:
Maxous wrote:@Mozamis: Please answer why you think Bvoight is mafia?
Yeah, please answer this. Even if you don't think I'm mafia anymore, explain what your thought process was.
mozamis wrote:no i dont think i want to. Completely fair question. I shouldnt have mentioned it really-better for town if we concentrate on one scum at a time rather than the scum team. If we lynch rg and bvoigt still looks suspicious, I'll explain it.
That's what I was referring to.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Thian »

Thewayitends and bvoight.

Where are you placing your votes? Are you hesitant to do so? is that why they are in limbo?
Games Completed
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@mozamis: Why do you think Thian is town?
Vordark wrote:After his behavior Day One and his hammering of NS, RG is an almost guaranteed lynch coming into Day Two. I find it hard to believe that a bus attempt would be made there, since it would be almost certain to result in a kill rather than just a way to deflect suspicion.
Maybe
if this was RG trying to sacrifice himself to make Moz look good for Day Three, but I think that's a stretch.
I actually think it's a bussing situation if RG is scum; however, the way mozamis is pushing his case doesn't look like bussing. (I thought I had something else to say, but now I can't remember what it was.)

@Thian: I'd definitely prefer a RG lynch over a mozamis lynch. In fact, since he's not at L-1 anymore, I'll place my vote. It looks like TWIE will be the one to decide.

VOTE: RaudhrGarm

RG and mozamis are both at L-1 now. However, we are not ending the day until we get a claim from RG.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Crazy »

Oh, the suspense!

Vote Count:

Vordark
(0)
RaudhrGarm
(3) - mozamis, Thian, bvoigt
TheWayItEnds
(0)
mozamis
(3) - RaudhrGarm, Maxous, Vordark
Thian
(0)
bvoigt
(0)
Maxous
(0)

Not voting
(1) - TheWayItEnds

With 7 alive, 4 votes will achieve a lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is
March 24th
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

Loled at "Oh, the suspense!"

I haven't placed a vote because I was under the impression that we were waiting for RG to come back from V/LA.

I can place it for you right now if you want... but it might as well be a random vote considering that we're probably looking at RG or moz getting lynched today.... neither of which is happening until both players answer a few questions.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Vordark »

TheWayItEnds wrote:Loled at "Oh, the suspense!"

I haven't placed a vote because I was under the impression that we were waiting for RG to come back from V/LA.
Bvoigt is waiting for RG. Right now, I think RG is bait.
TheWayItEnds wrote:I can place it for you right now if you want... but it might as well be a random vote considering that we're probably looking at RG or moz getting lynched today.... neither of which is happening until both players answer a few questions.
When RG gets "back" (still unconvinced this isn't his "drop out of sight defense") he might be willing to say something useful, but Moz has had a
lot
of time to answer the questions put to him and the only response we've had is a scum list and a VT claim, both of which I find dubious. No discussion as to why bvoigt is scum and no explanation for why RG has gone from "If he's mafia I'll eat my left toenail" (post 141) to "I'm
positive
he's scum, kill him!". I don't think we're getting any more answers there than we already have.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Maxous »

bvoigt wrote: I actually think it's a bussing situation if RG is scum; however, the way mozamis is pushing his case doesn't look like bussing.
So it's a bussing situation if RG is mafia, but you don't think it's bussing even though you think RG is mafia?
..That does'nt make sense

@The Way It Ends: Take your time to decide if need be. We're in no hurry at all.

@Vordark: The only person Mozamis has'nt suspected is TWIE. For arguements sake assuming Moz is mafia he has bussed his partner sometime in this game - unless TWIE is his partner. Any thoughts on who?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vordark
Vordark
Goon
Vordark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Vordark »

Maxous wrote:@Vordark: The only person Mozamis has'nt suspected is TWIE. For arguements sake assuming Moz is mafia he has bussed his partner sometime in this game - unless TWIE is his partner. Any thoughts on who?
I'd be looking at the people on the RG wagon now, which would be bvoigt and Thian. I'm still perplexed by some of the interchange between Thian and Moz on Day 1, and the relative lack of attention Thian seems to be giving Moz Day 2. And like I've said, this bvoigt as scum thing came out of nowhere. I think that's more about laying some shoddy groundwork for a Day 3 mislynch, but it could easily be a bus attempt in case the RG gambit goes nowhere and Moz gets the rope.

I'm not getting a scumvibe from TWIE. He's got his pick of the lynch right now and hasn't moved. It be really easy for him to drop a vote down now and pass it off as "We're going nowhere and a hammer gives us more information". I think he's a bit optimistic in believing we'll get any more information out of RG or Moz, but not dropping the hammer by now is something I think town is more likely to do.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:45 am

Post by bvoigt »

Maxous wrote:
bvoigt wrote: I actually think it's a bussing situation if RG is scum; however, the way mozamis is pushing his case doesn't look like bussing.
So it's a bussing situation if RG is mafia, but you don't think it's bussing even though you think RG is mafia?
..That does'nt make sense
It is a bussing situation. However, I think Thian is the one doing the bussing, not mozamis.
Thian
Thian
Goon
Thian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Thian »

TheWayItEnds:
So you are willing to stall the game and get no where with RG until he comes back. Which is worse? Waiting around waisting time? or Quick Lynch? ((sarcasm jokingly)) Why are you hesitant on voting RG? Do you agree he has been helpful or not helpful?

bvoight:
Not true, speculate what you want. why would I bus RG in your opinion? Would the situation be different, if I went back to my first feeling on mozamis day 1? Getting ridiculed for it as people claim that Mozamis "IS" lynch bait? If you take into account that calling someone Lynch bait, is pretty much telling the town in some slip or another, that they know mozamis is town and just an easy target?
Games Completed

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”