Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Umbrage wrote:I doubt scum will try and pull any more shit.
any more?
You must be
really
confident that Amrun is scum with that statement :neutral:

anyawasy,
Exe wrote: 5. I strongly feel like a lot of what is going on at this point is just noise. It's just a gut feeling, but something is off with the amount of discussion.
QFT

personally, I want to move on to voting for executee with more intelligent discussion as well.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Setael »

umbrage wrote:I could care less who the executioner is. I think we've made it clear: if you fuck up, we will kill you. No excuses. I doubt scum will try and pull any more shit.
Are you just referring to the day executioner here? I agree that can be anyone, but the choice for night executioner really needs to be a townie. If the person we choose isn't NK'd it will be difficult to know if the scum didn't just win the vote. (If Amrun flips scum this won't be as big of a worry.) The night executioner needs to be trustworthy.
umbrage wrote:Why would ScuAmrun want to disrupt the plans for the NK? Because they were headed in a direction that was bad for scum. If Amrun is scum, she knew SV would flip town. As I recall, if SV was town, the plan was to kill SO. What if Amrun ended the day prematurely and killed vezok to save her scumbuddy from certain death?
I don't recall that being the plan. The plan was to no kill no matter what the flip was. Otherwise we'd have had SO claim.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Umbrage »

Yes, just the day executioner.

And I remember arguing for SO to be killed if SV was town at some point...
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

VOTE: Exe

Amrun (2): Umbrage, Final Fires,
Final Fires (5): Setael, Amrun, Ant_to_the_max, Twistedspoon, Exe,
Haschel (2): charter, Tragedy,
Charter (1): Haschel,
Umbrage (1): StrungOver,

@11:33 am
Twistedspoon wrote: I'm in favour of an Amrun nightkill at the moment, although I would like to not rush into things one page into day 2.
I'm just upset that the cop was killed. If it was Amrun's fault or if it was a mafia motive I do not know. Hopefully we will find out somehow.
@1:19 pm
Twistedspoon wrote:you are absolutely correct seteal

vote me executioner and I will serve you amruns head on a plate. she killed our cop and betrayed us.
Hmmmm not rushing into things much? Twistedspoon, StrungOver, and Umbrage have seemed to make a really quick power play for the executioner role which is bothering me.

StrungOver wrote:Well first off there is NO doubt in my mind that vezo was the scummiest player in this game yesterday. The main reason I wanted him dead was because I'd heard that he looks scummy no matter what. So I figured we may as well get him out of the way so he doesn't interfere with our reads. Vezo's flip though does make me find Exe way more town, but still exe is 4th on my list. The other three are Stel, FF, and Amrun. I will post reasons tomorrow when I'm not in bed on my phone throwing up.

But yet you didn't vote for Amrun? You voted for Umbrage instead. If you really wanted Vezo to die, you would have voted for Amrun.

This has to be one of the most obvious lies out there right now....StrungOver is one of my top picks for today. TwistedSpoon, Umbrage, and Tragedy are my other people I would be willing to kill.

If it wasn't clear, I am totally leaning with the idea that scum voted for Amrun, and he just did something stupid and offed Vezo because he though the town wanted him to.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ant_to_the_max wrote: Hmmmm not rushing into things much? Twistedspoon, StrungOver, and Umbrage have seemed to make a really quick power play for the executioner role which is bothering me.
*shrug*

it doesn't really matter who is executioner since they'll be obeying town
Twistedspoon wrote: Actually, I don't care who is the executioner
and that

might vote Exe tommorow. 'Tis late here now.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Vote Count 2.2

Twistedspoon (3)-StrungOver, Umbrage, Twistedspoon
Exe (1)-Ant_to_the_max

Not Voting (7)-Charter, Haschel Cedricson, Amrun, Exe, Final Fires, Tragedy, Setael

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to elect your executioner!

Deadline is March 26th!
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Final Fires »

Vote: Exe

TS wrote:But wouldn't that just be the perfect tactic for scum? Get a town read from one bold statement and then: Town read forever?
I'm not advocating a town read forever, but it definately did influence my read on her a little.
Umbrage wrote:Tragedy's a slight scum read of mine.
Umbrage, what did you think of Tragedy's comment? Can you explain how (or if) it influenced your read on her, and why? Here's the comment I'm referring to, in case you missed it:
Tragedy wrote:Meanwhile, there's only WITCHES, as some would obviously read and notice from their Role PM as well, amIRight?
Ant wrote:This has to be one of the most obvious lies out there right now....StrungOver is one of my top picks for today. TwistedSpoon, Umbrage, and Tragedy are my other people I would be willing to kill.
Same question to Ant; what did you think of Tragedy's comment? Did it influence your read on her, and why?
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:39 am

Post by Final Fires »

And actually same question to TS too: What did you think of the comment of why?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:56 am

Post by charter »

We need to lynch TS before Amrun, I'm telling you.
Vote Exe

Need to catch up, but still. Kill TS first.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

I asked her about it in post #409

Never got an answer from it, or at least I missed it. I still stand by what I said, I think I knew what she was poking at, but wanted to hear it from her.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Exe »

Unvote. Vote: Exe
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Tragedy »

@Now Stating the Obvious to Ant:
"
Some villagers, some witches. Then, however, a leader by the name of Andrew Smith decided to do something about it. He declared that the villagers should fight back!
And so thus begins there story..."

If you could
read
your Role PM, you win when
All the Witches
are dead. DEAD I SAY.
WITCHES SHOULD BE BEHEADED.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Umbrage »

charter wrote:We need to lynch TS before Amrun, I'm telling you.
Vote Exe

Need to catch up, but still. Kill TS first.
No.

This response contains more logic than that post.

@ EVERYONE:

The executioner does not matter. The executioner is a means to an end, and will either do the town's will or die. So stop all this bullshit about who it is. That is a detail that will work itself out when the time comes. What we need to decide is who will die at night. NOT who will do the killing, who will die if Amrun is scum, and who if she is town. Or even if we want to no-lynch.

DO NOT POST WITHOUT STATING YOUR PREFERRED NIGHT KILLS.

If Amrun is town: Setael.
If Amrun is scum: Final Fires.

Now your turn.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

So your statement was just to get everyone to use the correct flavor titles right?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Setael »

If amrun is scum: Tragedy
If amrun is town: me

I reserve the right to change my mind after finishing my reread, but right now I'm thinking tragedy is amrun's most likely scum buddy.

I'm fine with exe as day executioner. What really matter is who people want to be the vote for night executioner. I'm thinking Ant.

Who is it that said the thing about pilgrims? I think that is potentially a lot more telling than referring to witches.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Final Fires »

Setael wrote:Who is it that said the thing about pilgrims? I think that is potentially a lot more telling than referring to witches.
Well, my plan was to ask TS/Umbrage/Ant and see if they knew that Tragedy was referring to the win condition or not. If they didn't, then I was going to continue and see if they knew the town win condition at all. However, that plan's not going to work anymore.

Anyways, the reason I think Tragedy is confirmed town is because she knew the town win condition. That's not knowledge that scum would have. Likewise, it raised a red flag when people continued putting suspicion on her even after I pointed that out, because it indicated that they
didn't
know what the town win condition was.

And TS was the one who mentioned Pilgrims.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Lol Pilgrims?...
I thought we were just regular Townspeople. :|
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Final Fires
Final Fires
Goon
Final Fires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Final Fires »

Scroll to the bottom if you want the short version.

I hope this makes sense. If any parts are a little confusing, ask for clarification.
Tragedy wrote:Lol Pilgrims?...
I thought we were just regular Townspeople.
We are. The witches wouldn't know this though, and would try to put a flavor twist to the traditional townie name, because there's a flavor twist to the traditional mafia name.

I saw this day one but waited to point it out because I figured that PRs wouldn't know if we were pilgrims or townies either (in the first post it mentions an Andrew Smith, which made me think PRs would have flavor too). I asked for everyone's opinion on whether I should point it out, and I was told to wait until Day 2 to mention it, which I'm glad I did. When Vez flipped regular cop (no flavor), I knew there was a good chance that TS was scum rather than a PR. I pointed out his quote and waited to see how people reacted to it, which is why I didn't follow up on it for awhile.

This was TS's defense for posting it:
TS wrote:I think i might have called them that on my first post. I'm not sure I remember why though with it being the first post. Flavour reasons I would guess.
---

When I was rereading ISO's, I actually understood what Tragedy was
really
saying this time, and tried to make it seem like a big deal so that everyone understood there was an important underlying message:
FF wrote:I feel really confident that she's town, just because of one thing she said. I misunderstood what she was saying the first time around, but now I get it:
Tragedy wrote:Meanwhile, there's only WITCHES, as some would obviously read and notice from their Role PM as well, amIRight?
This is an extremely bold thing to say, and I find it very hard to believe that scum would even dare say something like this, especially so early on in the game. This practically confirmed her as town for me.
Most town win conditions are worded to the extent "You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated." The one in this game is worded very differently; I can't quote it exactly, but go read it in your role PM (if you're town). It clearly indicates that there is only one scum group; the witches. This is what Tragedy was refering to; "as some [meaning the town] would obviously read and notice from their Role PM [win condition] as well, amIRight?" The win condition indicates that there are no SKs, multiple factions, etc. If someone were a witch, they would not know what the win condition is for town. As far as I'm aware, scum win conditions are generally worded something like, "You win once [your scum team] can't be stopped."

Another reason I made such a big deal out of Tragedy's post was to try to draw the question, "How does that make her town?". If this had been the case, that person definately would've been scum, because they obviously would not have known what the town win condition is. No one did. Instead, TS put this:
TS wrote:But wouldn't that just be the perfect tactic for scum? Get a town read from one bold statement and then town read forever?
In addition to this Umbrage and Ant both still expressed uncertainty after I had pointed this out:
Umbrage wrote:Tragedy's a slight scum read of mine.
Ant wrote:....StrungOver is one of my top picks for today. TwistedSpoon, Umbrage, and Tragedy are my other people I would be willing to kill.
Right away this shot all of them up on my scumdar. I tried to probe deeper so that they would get caught in a lie if they were scum. By asking them:
FF wrote:What did you think of Tragedy's comment? Can you explain how (or if) it influenced your read on her, and why?
They would have to answer:

-Didn't influence their read on her (And thus implying they don't know the town win condition)
-Influenced towards town (Thus implying they do know the win condition. I was trying to give potential townies a 'get out of jail free' card before I nailed them on this; by asking them to look deeper into Tragedy's statement, they would look at their role PM to try to understand what she was saying, see their win condition, and take back their earlier read on Tragedy.)
-Influenced towards scum (Implies they don't know what the town win condition is.)

Ant's answer was very vague:
Ant wrote:Never got an answer from it, or at least I missed it. I still stand by what I said, I think I knew what she was poking at, but wanted to hear it from her.
It's difficult to tell exactly what he meant by this. When I read it my first impression was that he knew the town win condition (thus "I knew what she was poking at), knew what I was doing, and tried to keep it on the downlow so the other two could answer, and either confirm themselves as town or scum.

Unfortunately, before the other two could answer, this was posted:
Tragedy wrote:If you could read your Role PM, you win when All the Witches are dead. DEAD I SAY.
WITCHES SHOULD BE BEHEADED.
This ended all questions that could be asked to see if scum knew the win condition or not, because now everyone knew that Tragedy was referring to the win condition, as well as what the win condition was.

Umbrage dodged the question entirely in the post right after Tragedy's.

After Tragedy posted her explanation, Set still put her as one of his scum reads:
Set wrote:If amrun is scum: Tragedy
If amrun is town: me
Which just flat out confused me.

Conclusion:

-Twisted and Umbrage are scum for not knowing the win condition. Considering they are both pushing an Amrun lynch, it makes me feel like the Amrun wagon is more scum driven than anything. However, this doesn't clear Amrun, because as someone pointed out they could just want the "townie points" if Amrun flips scum.
-TS is also scum for thinking that we're pilgrims.
-SO is still scum. Just throwing that out there.
-Ant was vague, and hinted at knowing the win condition. I'm starting to lean a little town on him, because I think he knew.
-Set just confused me, considering she still put Tragedy on her scum list even after Tragedy blantantly expressed knowledge of the win condition. And she put herself as the kill if Amrun was town. This is the second time that she's bet her life on how someone will flip; I kind of doubt someone would do that unless they already knew.

My strong scum reads are: Twisted, Umbrage, and SO. My potential scum reads are: Amrun and Set.
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by StrungOver »

can we kill FF already?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Exe »

Lol. SO, are you even trying to actually play this game?
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by StrungOver »

Final Fires wrote:
StrungOver wrote:Well first off there is NO doubt in my mind that vezo was the scummiest player in this game yesterday.
The main reason I wanted him dead was because I'd heard that he looks scummy no matter what.
So I figured we may as well get him out of the way so he doesn't interfere with our reads. Vezo's flip though does make me find Exe way more town, but still exe is 4th on my list. The other three are Stel, FF, and Amrun. I will post reasons tomorrow when I'm not in bed on my phone throwing up.
So essentially, you wanted to set up the easiest lynch possible?

And what are you sick with? The flu? (This is relevant, I promise.)
Yes the flu, well minor flu sever cold. I'm throwing up.
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by StrungOver »

Exe wrote:Lol. SO, are you even trying to actually play this game?
Yes but it's just SOOOO lengthy and speculative.
unvote
vote exe

Call me scummy for it, but I don't care. I reread the game I I think me and exe's play styles just don't match... they never have. Exe, promise me that you will kill Amrun today, and if he flips scum, please promise me that at night you will kill either Set or FF.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

^lol
StrungOver
StrungOver
Goon
StrungOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by StrungOver »

Ant_to_the_max wrote:^lol
:goodposting:
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by charter »

Hey, I've been saying for a while that we should kill TS first today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”