A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Post by danakillsu »

LynchMePls wrote:So because Zdenek is voting and nominating YOUR town reads, he must be scum? And its so scummy that it negates the BLATANT connections that Feysal has to TWO SCUM FLIPS?

dana is scum.
ZOMG! I THINK DANA IS WRONG SO HE MUST BE SCUM, RIGHT?
Cut it out, man, you're better than that.
LynchMePls wrote:@dana: Benmage is voting and nominating the exact same way that Zdenek is. What is your read of Benmage?
My read of Benmage is town, because he has given some explanation at least for voting the players he's voting. Zdenek has not contributed as much, and in fact has kind of sheeped Benmage (who I think is wrong). Scum are often willing to vote town players when other town players do the work of making them look scummy. I can give you more on Zdenek, if you really think it's necessary, but not today.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Nexus »

The fact I thought Raivann was scummier than he was. That's why I voted Raivann over Diddin.

Sorry, I thought that was obvious by the fact I voted Raivann over Diddin.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Nexus »

And I felt DGB was initially scummier than Diddin. So I kept my vote on her before I saw how scummy Raivann was.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I didn't think Diddin was scum. He was. I made a mistake.
Trans rights are human rights.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Kast »

@Dana-
There's several mistakes. Individually, I could believe them as simple mistakes. Taken as a whole, it's unlikely they were all mistakes. These also happen to be mistakes of the type where there is obvious scum motivation for each one; as opposed to mistakes that don't indicate affiliation in any way.
-Blindly accepting GreyICE's misrepresentation of xvart's post.
-Mistaking the Nominations of Envoy as a positive thing(?).
-Completely misreading/misrepresenting Benmage's post as a completely implausible scum claim.
This is a separate point from the mistakes, but I also thought your heavy D1 buddying of DGB was eye-raising.

@Setael-
Mikujin read:
Low content. I didn't like the initial case on Mikujin, but his abrupt abandoning of his stated position/beliefs in response to the threat of pressure seemed like scum appeasement.

Setael read: A lot of [her] arguments felt like misunderstandings without interest in clearing them up.

At your prompting I did an ISO and it changed my impression somewhat. The things I noted which gave me a feeling that you were misunderstanding things without being interested in clearing them up were primarily some throwaway comments in your first post, as well as most of your criticisms of LMP and some of your posts to MoI. These points were mostly dropped after minimal follow up or dropped without any follow up.

However, your ISO reveals you were pretty thorough in chasing down your three primary suspects this game (Feysal, BunnyLover, and to a lesser degree Nexus). I agree with the sentiment that it is extremely odd when you dropped Feysal; insisted you still thought he was scum; then returned to him explicitly because you thought he was scum. There's a disconnect in your in between position stating you still thought he was scum but having some other reason for wanting to leave him be.

The impression I'm getting from some (not all but maybe 1/3 of your posts) of your attacks on Feysal and BunnyLover is that you might be bussing; the minor attacks thrown in at LMP seem aimed to plant early doubt in the event that he successfully drives a lynch of Feysal-scum.

@Ben's list-
To be clear, with 3 or so days until deadline, I agree that now would be an absolutely abysmal time to attempt a strong push/switch to a non-approved target such as BL. I can't fairly complain since I haven't been here for the past week or so, but there is and has been support for a BL lynch from long ago; this has been stopped and the day drawn out to deadline as a direct result of BM's threats.

@DGB-
You may be right about both. I have them both as more neutral reads. I don't have any current plans to specifically iso either of them, unless of course new information surfaces.

@Nexus about Setael-
From ISOing Setael, her move to you seems to make sense and is consistent with her other play. Timing doesn't appear to correlate with your V/LA as much as it correlates with pressure on Feysal.

I think the unvote Feysal itself is pretty odd and still doesn't really make sense. However, if Setael was going to vote anyone after unvoting Feysal, it's entirely consistent and expected that she would vote Nexus at that point in time.

@
Dana
-
Deadline's coming up. There's no support for a Zdenek lynch. You appear to agree that Feysal is suspicious but
not as suspicious as
Zdenek. Is that correct? Please indicate if you will switch to Feysal to prevent a no lynch.

@
Ghostlin/DTMaster/Shadow/TS/Thor
-
Your vote is currently wasted. We're 3-4 days from deadline. Please pick a lynch so we have time for a claim and time to evaluate.

The obvious self-preservation vote for TS is on Feysal. If TS plans to not do this, please say so and explain. If you plan to do this, then let's see some action.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Kast wrote: The obvious self-preservation vote for TS is on Feysal. If TS plans to not do this, please say so and explain. If you plan to do this, then let's see some action.
Our case on Zdenek is getting curiously little attention. Ben mentioned he didn’t want to read it, and then commented on things past it. Ben, are you seriously saying that you didn’t read the post, even while you’re voting for us? Or did you not find a single thing worth commenting on on?

Kast, your complete lack of mention of the case is odd, particularly since at the beginning of the day, Zdenek was his second suspect after dana. He said he likes Zdenek’s D2 posts more than D1. We disagree pretty profoundly. Did you find nothing of note in our Zdenek case? What makes Feysal so much more compelling?

Raivann, anything to say about the Zdenek case? You seem awfully happy to sit on your unlynchable laurels without contributing. “Still happy with my Twilight vote” isn’t going to cut it. We’ve got a little less than four days until deadline. I’m not going to accept dull, “lol sheep end day without saying anything.”

We'd prefer a Zdenek lynch to Feysal. We'll obviously lynch Feysal at deadline if needed.

More coming soon. We're working on some giant walls in google docs. A nice cure to hydra schizophrenia, but with three people nitpicking it does take some time to roll out.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.19

Twilight Sparkle (6) MagnaofIllusion, Benmage, Raivann, Zdenek, Hasdgfas, Magua
Bunnylover (1) Ghostlin
Ghostlin (1) DTMaster
Thor665 (1) Shadow1psc
Feysal (7) LynchMePls, Setael, Locke Lamora, DrippingGoofball, Kast, xvart, Nexus

Zdenek (4) Twilight Sparkle, Bunnylover, Feysal, Danakillsu

Not voting (1) Thor665

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. No majority at deadline and there'll be no lynch.

Envoy to the Eyrie
[/u]

Bunnylover (9) MagnaofIllusion, LynchMePls, Nexus, hasdgfas, Setael, Locke Lamora, Kast, Danakillsu, xvart

Raivann (3) Bunnylover, Ghostlin, Feysal
Thor665 (4) Zdenek, Benmage, Twilight Sparkle, DrippingGoofball
Nexus (1) Raivann,
xvart (1) DTMaster
Twilight Sparkle (1) Magua

Not nominating (2) Shadow1psc, Thor665

With 21 alive it takes 11 to sent someone to the Eyrie

* Kast is on V/la. As is Zdeneek.
* Any mistakes in the VC point them out
*The deadline can be found here.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

I was waiting for zed to post...I'll see if I can do something when I get outta work
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by danakillsu »

@ Kast
I would switch to Feysal to prevent a no lynch. Heck, I'd switch to myself (if allowed) to prevent a no lynch.
While I agree now that I've had an inordinate amount of mistakes this time, you can actually look at my scum games. I don't make more mistakes in them. Also, name a couple types of mistake that have NO scum motivation whatsoever.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Kast »

@LMP-
In case you were asking where I see Raivann using his free pass to rolefish, it's here, then after MoI finally calls him on it he plays dumb (while posting something random that may have been more fishing), then acts like nothing happened.

His votes have also been almost exclusively sheeping & buddying
with people who don't suspect him
. Even his Thor case is finally dropped when people start suggesting 1 of Thor/Raivann is likely scum; at which point he completely drops Thor from must be lynched to null.

@Hito-
Hito wrote:We'll obviously lynch Feysal at deadline if needed.
With 3-4 days to go and L-4 on the largest wagon, we're
AT
deadline. If your intent is to wait until the 11th hour; please be more clear.

Regarding your case on Zdenek, I thought it was pretty weak on first read through, I still find it pretty weak on second review. I don't think it's at all valuable or necessary to hold a long discussion about it this close to deadline, but to meet you halfway, I'll spoiler a simple response to it.
Spoiler: Hito/Mina's case
Point 1: Pure semantic argument trying to play with meaningless technicalities and make flawed analogies. You flat out implied that a nigh confirmed townie is an SK. Zdenek did not do the same no matter how much you try to twist his statement.
Point 2: Agreed that Zdenek is buddying/sheeping MoI/Benmage/Magua lot more on D2*. However, it's fallacious to claim that someone agreeing with something that they missed the first time around is being inconsistent since he
missed it until it was pointed out to him
. Whether you think Zdenek is faking agreement with MoI/Benmage/Magua; that doesn't make his behavior inconsistent.
*Point 3: MoI and Magua are two of the more rational/analytical players in this game AND are actively commenting on almost everything. Even if you don't agree with everything they say, there's bound to be some agreement, especially for players who fell behind and need to catch up. Zdenek's buddying is a tad beyond the norm, and would be a reason to keep him in the "Acceptable Lynches" category.
Point 4: Your catch of Zdenek espousing the merits of discussing cow's post restriction and also attacking you for doing the same is a relevant point. The rest are meaningless (both of you are pushing meaningless BS).
Point 5: This is a non-point. If you object to Zdenek's reason for suspecting dana, then share that and why. There's nothing inconsistent about suspecting someone but also disagreeing with a bad case made against your suspect. Maintaining a scum read from D1 into D2 is a crap-logic reason to suspect someone.
@Dana-
I really shouldn't need to be so explicit about this, but since your answer is ambiguous, out of Feysal and TS, which would you prefer to switch to?
Do you think it is valuable for our D2 lynch candidate to claim prior to being lynched? Please vote accordingly.
Spoiler: Types of mistakes with 'NO scum motivation' or at least not very obvious/direct motivation could include
-Posting in the wrong game thread
-Mixing up a player name
-Messing up formatting/quote tags/hyperlinks
-Misattributing a quote/post that doesn't have relevance to the poster's affiliation
-Lots of more stuff
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Kast »

@Feysal Lynch-
We're at 7 + 3 who would switch to avoid a no-lynch (Magua, TS, Dana). Feysal should start putting together a defense sooner than later.
Show

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Magua wrote:
My preferred lynch is Twilight Sparkle.
UNVOTE: Nexus
VOTE: Twilight Sparkle
TS is town, why don't you let the scum NK them, they have been very active, clever and useful. Lynching TS is doing the scum's job.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Setael wrote:So your read on DGB was leaning town but you weren't convinced by what you were perceiving as a soft claim at a PR. What was your motivation for stating that? Does DGB often, as a protown player, pretend she's a PR when she's not? I don't understand why you'd say that.?
I do sometimes pretend I'm a PR when I'm vanilla, most notably and hilariously, in ongoing game, so don't ask.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Feysal »

I have defended myself for a long while now, and it has fallen on deaf ears. You need only look into my ISO to find long wall posts where I have refuted the arguments made against me. I am especially disappointed by LynchMePls who, instead of responding to my counterarguments like a rational individual, resorted to rhetoric and appeals to the mob and screamed in all caps like a raving lunatic that I was lying. Thereafter he has ignored my posts. How am I to defend myself if my opponent refuses to even talk to me?

For the record, if there is anything good about this train wreck, it is that it has given me a solid town read on Setael. She considered my counterarguments, and her reasons for suspecting me are better than LMP's in the first place, but especially the following two quotes make me give her a town read as strong as the one I have on Locke.
Setael [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2848728#p2848728]#1268[/url] wrote:Ok so what about MY statements? LMP is not the only one posting about Feysal.
Setael [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2851124#p2851124]#1320[/url] wrote:@LL: I resent you giving full credit for the Feysal case to LMP. I'll let it slide this once. /partial sarcasm
No scum in their right mind will ever, under any circumstances, demand recognition and credit for pushing a mislynch.
You of course don't have the advantage of knowing I am town yet, but I expect that will be remedied soon enough.

The only thing I can still say in my defense without repeating myself is who I am. However, I very much doubt my claim will help me any, in fact it is more likely to result in my quicklynch. Therefore I'll only claim when I am sufficiently prepared for death, which right now I am not.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by danakillsu »

-Posting in the wrong game thread
-Messing up formatting/quote tags/hyperlinks

I didn't even know you considered these mistakes in the same sense. I don't even notice these things.

-Misattributing a quote/post that doesn't have relevance to the poster's affiliation

You believe that there ARE many quotes and posts that have no relevance to the poster's affiliation? If there aren't many, this barely ever happens.

-Mixing up a player name

I think that this (at least in my case) would be something you would say DOES have a scum motivation. It certainly has as much scum motivation as me not seeing the difference in the nomination mechanic.

Conclusion:
Pretty much every mistake most players would notice could be said to have a scum motivation if it wasn't really a mistake. You have to look at what I did to make up for my mistakes. Did I hold on ridiculously to a false notion? Did I try to vote/nominate someone even after someone else showed me how mistaken I was? No? Then put them down as mistakes and move on.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 pm

UPDATE:

The wagons:

Noob-(townie/scumbus)-easy-wagon: Hasdgfas-TOWN,
zoraster-LYNCHER
, Twilight Sparkle, Mikujin
Annoying-townie-easy-wagon:
diddin-SCUM
, LynchMePls, Nexus, Shadow1psc
Zoraster (13) MagnaofIllusion, DrippinGoofball-TOWN, Kast, LynchMePls, Raivann, Magua, Zdenek, Benmage-TOWN, Ghostlin, Twilight Sparkle,
diddin-SCUM
chesskid3-TOWN
, Shadow1psc
Mikujin-DISTANCING WAGON (3) Danakillsu, Locke Lamora, Thor665
Raivann (I suspect all townies voting here) (5) Feysal,
Zoraster-LYNCHER
, Bunnylover, xvart, Nexus
Feysal

One of Twilight Sparkle and Mikujin/Setael are scum. I put my money on
Mikujin/Setael
. But apparently, according to Benmage-town, Setael is town - it stretches credulity, though.
One of these three is scum: Danakillsu, Locke Lamora, Thor665. If LL is town, that means dana or
Thor
are scum.
. Dana is now town, so that means Thor NEEDS ROPE.

Town:

DGB
Shadow
GreyICE/DTMaster - DTMaster is town because the mod told me so last night, how 'bout that, pussycat?
Benmage - iz town.
Chesskid3-TOWN - Oh, alright.

Magua
MagnaOfIllusion
Twilight Sparkle
hascow
LynchMePls
Nexus
LMP
danakillsu

Not particularly bothersome:

diddin-SCUM

Locke Lamora - According to some, I should have him on the town list but I already forget why.
Zoraster-LYNCHER

Raivann - I'm going to take his word for it. Ooops not anymore.

Worrisome:

Zdenek - I should look at this one again.
Kast - POE
xvart - POE
Song of ice and fire/Thor - to be honest, I haven't a clue, but he's getting a lot of flack.
Bunnylover

Lurkers:

Xtoxm-SCUM

Scum:

Percy/Ghostlin
Mikujin/Setael

=====================

I'll update again soon I'm sure, I'm a little behind in this game. I shall ketchup.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 pm

DAMMIT, forgot Feysal.

Town:

DGB
Shadow
GreyICE/DTMaster - DTMaster is town because the mod told me so last night, how 'bout that, pussycat?
Benmage - iz town.
Chesskid3-TOWN - Oh, alright.

Magua
MagnaOfIllusion
Twilight Sparkle
hascow
LynchMePls
Nexus
LMP
danakillsu
Feysal

Not particularly bothersome:

diddin-SCUM

Locke Lamora - According to some, I should have him on the town list but I already forget why.
Zoraster-LYNCHER

Raivann - I'm going to take his word for it. Ooops not anymore.

Worrisome:

Zdenek - I should look at this one again.
Kast - POE
xvart - POE
Song of ice and fire/Thor - to be honest, I haven't a clue, but he's getting a lot of flack.
Bunnylover

Lurkers:

Xtoxm-SCUM

Scum:

Percy/Ghostlin
Mikujin/Setael

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:We'd prefer a Zdenek lynch to Feysal. We'll obviously lynch Feysal at deadline if needed.
Me too.

VOTE: Zdenek

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Kast wrote:@LMP-
In case you were asking where I see Raivann using his free pass to rolefish, it's here, then after MoI finally calls him on it he plays dumb (while posting something random that may have been more fishing), then acts like nothing happened.

. Even his Thor case is finally dropped when people start suggesting 1 of Thor/Raivann is likely scum; at which point he completely drops Thor from must be lynched to null.
Where did I get the impression that LMP had to be town??? I second guess that, now.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:57 pm

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Kast wrote:@LMP-

Where did I get the impression that LMP had to be town??? I second guess that, now.
Never mind, the case was against Raivann, not LMP.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Magua »

DrippingGoofball wrote:TS is town, why don't you let the scum NK them, they have been very active, clever and useful. Lynching TS is doing the scum's job.
Enlighten me.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Setael »

Feysal wrote:The only thing I can still say in my defense without repeating myself is who I am. However, I very much doubt my claim will help me any, in fact it is more likely to result in my quicklynch. Therefore I'll only claim when I am sufficiently prepared for death, which right now I am not.
Hold on. This is not what I expected at all. You soft claimed a PR, which is why I originally moved my vote. Once I became more sure you're scum, I expected a big fancy fake PR claim from you. If your claim won't help you like you say, then why did you say this:
Feysal, ISO p. 14 wrote:Being night killed would enable me to focus more on my remaining games, but dying without having claimed would make me unhappy.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

unvote, vote Thor
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Giant Wall Contents

(ctrl+f to search a specific point if you're looking for just that)

[TS01 - Points against Zdenek]
[TS02 – Response to MoI]
[TS03 - Response to xvart]
[TS04 - Response to LynchMePls]
[TS05 - Thoughts re: Feysal]
[TS06 - Thoughts re: Magua]
[TS07 - A public service announcement]

[TS01]

Points Against/Response To Zdenek

So first of all, I kind of goofed in this post.:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:In other words...he asks Ghostlin why he agrees with every point of Magua’s in 926?
I left out a sentence.  Zdenek asks Ghostlin why he doesn’t “have a problem" with Magua‘s 926.  Aside from that question being pure fluff (Magua’s 926 wasn’t particularly noteworthy) and his singling out of Ghostlin rather WTF, I’ll compare Magua’s 926 and Zdenek’s first quote of the day:
Magua wrote:Flavor says that Zoraster wasn't bluffing at the end.

hasdgfas and Locke are confirmed town, as far as I'm concerned.
Shadow remains a strong town read.
GreyICE was a townread, but DTMaster, meh, not so much at this point.

I highly doubt Raivann is Stark. diddin rode her lynch over Zoraster's for a long time (till one hour before lynch, as it turns out). I could see him jumping onto a buddy's wagon at the end, but not jumping from a buddy's wagon if it was obvious someone else was going to be lynched.

Actually, looking at the wagon on diddin yesterday, I am disinclined to believe that any of Raivann, MagnaofIllusion, xvart, or Zdenek are Stark.

So:

VOTE: Twilight Sparkle
Nominate: Mikujin
Zdenek wrote:I strongly doubt that Magua is Stark because of his push on diddin yesterday.

I am willing to accept that because of the flavour that LL is cleared (my own knowledge of flavour is minimal, so I really am trusting others here)

I agree with MoI that Twilight Sparkle's use of soft accusations against him is scummy.
MoI, since Zoraster's flip, what are your opinions of Nexus and Dana?

I would guess that Bunnylover isn't Stark because of diddin's attack on her yesterday.
He doesn’t exactly sheep Magua, but those opinions are fairly similar to those espoused in 926.  And then asks Ghostlin why he
didn’t
have a problem with that post.

Zdenek, explanation, please.

Hey, Ghostlin, you’ve had quite a bit of back-and-forth with Zdenek today on Raivann, but I don’t think you’ve shared many concrete opinions.  Even your vote is languishing.  Well, what do you think of Zdenek?  Scum?  Town?  Would you consider voting him today?
Zdenek [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2857514#p2857514]1405[/url] wrote:
TS wrote: Point One: Inconsistency re: LL, but more importantly, his sidestepping around whether he could consider LL to be third party.
Just because you say something, doesn't make it true. I have never sidestepped on this issue. Here is what I've said about LL:
Zdenek wrote: I am willing to accept that because of the flavour that LL is cleared (my own knowledge of flavour is minimal, so I really am trusting others here)
Zdenek wrote: I don't think that he's scum.
It's precisely because my read on Locke is due to other's knowledge of the flavour that I said
Zdenek wrote: Trying to undermine someone who most people are perceiving as almost confirmed town is scummy.
All of TS's point one is poor logic and rhetoric.
Okay, so let me get this straight.

You cleared LL with no ASoIaF knowledge, completely trusting other players. I posted a point that, no, he’s not confirmed - he could be an SK, if the evidence for one pops up. And your response is to call me scum because - while you’re completely giving up on reading LL - you’re still going to attack me for a contrary read to OTHER PEOPLE? I’ve admittedly never been in the situation of relying on someone else for a flavor clear, but I simply can’t imagine saying, “There are two different sides to whether this person is flavor-cleared. I know nothing about the flavor - but THAT SIDE IS STILL THE SCUMMY SIDE!"

Surely, when you say you’re trusting others on the flavor-clear, you would
especially
want any information that someone might not be cleared town?
TS, why did you wait to share your argument that LL could be a serial killer in your case against me rather than arguing with people who think that LL is confirmed town?

I did. I argued with those people in my ISO Spectacular, when I hit LL. Here is exactly what I said:
Twilight Hito wrote:Mostly-confirmed town now; highly doubt Gregor is anything but a Lannister. I could, however, see him as a sk (I don't have my books with me atm, lent them to a friend, but I remember Twyin saying something about him as a dog in his service that he doesn't associate with house Lannister...someone with the books please confirm/deny). But sk hunting is something to save for when we have more night actions/flips to work with. Right now we're scumhunting, and LL ain't Stark.
Then (as in, AFTER that), you responded that-
Trying to undermine someone who most people are perceiving as almost confirmed town is scummy.
THIS is my problem. You called us scummy for pointing out blind-spots in a flavor-clear (blind spots that you should be particularly interested in hearing), and when pressed you still refused to commit to whether or not you think LL could or could not be an sk. You were desperate to paint us as scummy, to the point that you reached somewhere that a townie shouldn’t reach.

Now,  I will be honest.  Zdenek’s defence to our point 2 and explanation of how his reads evolved on D1 was actually quite reasonable. One of the things I was withholding from my chronology was that although Sotty had already mentioned disliking MoI’s Raise of Benmage (which was why I originally thought he was caught scum) before Zdenek Raised us, Sotty did have one big post further attacking his Raise that MoI rebutted before Zdenek moved his Raise.  I wanted to see if Zdenek would mention that post as a reason for his change in opinions.  But I’d missed that the “observation" he’d referred to re: Benmage was that TS should have requested the governor.  (On a side note, it had occurred to us to self-raise, but felt kind of arrogant...and anyway, since we were advocating that the governor blow his shot, it didn’t really matter to us.)

Just one thing.  Zdenek, are you saying that when you saw Sotty’s post attacking MoI’s raise, you actually thought for yourself, “Gee, Sotty is making MoI look bad with soft attacks"?  That was your personal thought process?

TS wrote: Point Five: Inconsistency regarding Danakillsu
There is no inconsistency; I was attacking your logic.

Okaaaaay...so, your stance on danakillsu is: he’s not scumhunting, but if the person he tunneled on day one (when he “wasn’t scumhunting") flips town, you can’t see how that would reflect negatively on dana? Have I got that straight?
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:44 pm

[TS02]

Response to MoI

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Twilight-Mina wrote:So guys. I will spend tonight on a monster case. Unfortunately, I'll only have time for one subject:

1) The player with whom I have reservations the size of a small continent and whose every post raises yet another alarm bell, simply because a couple of the arguments he's pushing are so ridiculous that I'm shocked he could genuinely believe them as town, but who wouldn't be my top choice for a lynch this early on.

2) The player who has virtually claimed scum.
So you went with 2.  Why do I think that 1 is a more experienced player who you don’t want to antagonize since you are under fire?  Well, let me see ...
No.

The obvious move is to first make the case on the player who is more objectively scummy, we find more deserving of a vote, we don’t consistently change our mind on, and isn’t on Benmage’s insta-governor list.  On a case that takes hours of collaborative work, it makes more sense to get to the important stuff first and leave my reservations on a player getting no heat whatsoever for later.
Also, writing 1 is like tearing my fingernails off, one at a time, because a certain quote of Kast’s is accurate.

But 1 wasn't someone I'm afraid to antagonize and turn against me.

Number 1 was
you

And you want to know why?

My (Mina’s) views on the two Mags have been the exact opposite of Sotty's.  MagUa seemed to have suspected us from the beginning of D1, and I saw where he was coming from re: his view that our vote was somewhat languishing during the beginning of the day.  Furthermore, his feeling better about Thor because we weren't on the wagon shows that at the very least, he has a consistent view of the game.  Your attacks on us, on the other hand, felt more as though you were capitalizing on Magua’s and Ben’s objections with us and trying to get a potential threat lynched early.  I also think your “soft attacks" argument was bullshit used to justify turning every objection to your play around on us (hence why I’m so sceptical of Zdenek thinking that was the SELLING point for him on the Twilight Sparkle).  Example:
I didn’t address it because quite honestly I didn’t even see it since you followed so quickly on the heels another Twilight post. In looking at that post are taking the soft tactic that I’ve noticed Sotty-head also taking – swiping at me with accusations that are meant to undermine but not outright directly call scummy. That’s a scum tactic – I should know I used it on Benmage in Clash myself (and he rightfully called me on it but didn’t really pursue it). I obviously disagree with your conclusions as I did with GreyICE. The difference is that he kept throwing crap any which way while you said nothing further.

@Twilight Mina (when you get back) - Why did you let that slide for 700 or so posts before bringing it up again?

But back to your earlier assertion – you intimate that GreyICE is an easy target. Did you find him to be a VI? Are you attempting to say I wouldn’t attack your slot for scummy-behavior simply because of it’s make-up of Hito, you and Sotty?
(FTR, it was because that was the first time I--as in Mina--got around to posting in this game other than that one fluff post to Magua.  I think I’d mentioned something along those lines on AIM, but it didn’t make it into hito’s catch-up post. Decided to remind you of it before my trip.  Re: GreyICE, remember this was before his flip in BotW, and I’d thought overaggressive emotional play from him was a towntell.  I don’t know if I’d outright call him a VI--but yes, he had a controversial playstyle, was a total paranoid lunatic, and was disliked by most people.  
If you are scum
, I’d expect you to prefer attacking the player whose play is “wackier" than someone who’d likely be a hard lynch (well, we were SUPPOSED to be a hard lynch <_<).)

But you never answered my initial question about why you wasted your time talking about the wonderful stuff you COULD have done with raising statistics.  Instead, you retroactively decided that my question had been a soft attack, because
Sotty
had done something you thought was a soft attack.

But I almost let it slide because many of your posts from D1 looked very, very protown.  And I did feel somewhat better about you when you explained the evolution of your TS suspicions. Besides, people are naturally more paranoid about attacks against themselves, so I could sort of see your POV on the Sotty thing (in her defence, however, her experiences with Benmage have been much less positive than yours).

Also, your attacks on GreyICE here were a niggling doubt in my mind on D2-3 of Brotherhood of the Wolf.  So sure enough, when he flipped scum there, it made me think your suspicions of him in this game were genuine--a huge point in your favour if there’s a single scumteam.

But that’s it.  At this point, you have stopped believing in what you’re arguing.  And I can prove it:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Twilight-Mina wrote:I'm not sure if I should be combing through ISOs looking for connections to diddin, or answering every single point that anyone has made against us.
If you were Town you know the answer and showed that you do in Clash – you would be scum-hunting. I absolutely refused to give you the “Mina is waffling" pass. You are too good a player to get away with it any longer here on MS.
(I’m not sure what “waffling" has to do with it, and I was never in this much danger of a lynch during Clash, but moving on....)
I don’t see any of my concerns about your slot being addressed. Just a large post that says – LOOK OVER HERE!!! HE’S SCUMMY FOR X,Y,Z! DON’T PAY ATTENTION TO THE FACT I AM GUILTY OF THE SAME CRIMES!!!
So which is it?  You want us to avoid defending ourselves and just scumhunt?  Or do you want us to concentrate all our energy into “addressing your concerns"? (As a side note, I love the arrogance implicit in “Stop playing the game and address more of MY concerns!")

I think Twilight Sparkle has answered most of the points against us.  If there's anything in particular you think would affect your read for us to address, please point it out.  (I think there's one about my read on Thor I didn't answer--I missed his comment on holding stronger players to higher expectations.)

But at this point, most people have made up their minds on us.  Constantly defending ourselves is draining, and our energy is better served moving on and looking at the other players in the game. I mean...wasn't the major concern with our slot that we weren’t scumhunting enough?

You’ve completely stopped trying to figure out our alignment--which makes no sense for a case based in large part (yes, I know there are other issues) on inactivity during a period when the hydra was at reduced strength.  Now you’re just trying to score easy points.  Ha ha.  We put a response in spoiler quotes for readability, and you missed it.  How antitown of us. *tsk*  Or just look at this kind of bullshit:
Mina wrote:Magna, I would really like for you to answer this yourself. Because you seem to be implying that our comment was scummy. Do you think there's a problem with the underlying assumption behind it--at least before LynchMePls' claim?
Now it is important for someone to answer the question put to them without interference? :roll:
Ooh.  What a clever jab.  We unwittingly disarmed LMP’s trap by correcting his goof on the kill flavour because we aren’t mind-readers who knew he’d seen a potential slip from Feysal.  Therefore aren’t we being so hypocritical for politely asking you to answer something “yourself"?  You have totally proven that we are scum with your catty dig.

For the record, I was trying to trap you by getting you to say you found us scummy for assuming there was a single scumteam, when you’d suggested the same theory earlier on.  You didn’t fall for it.  But when the only thing you have to say to several big posts are one-liners like “haha, you should have remembered that one of Raivann and Thor can still be third party, but since you didn’t explicitly mention it, that’s scummy," then you’ve gone beyond scumhunting into point-scoring.

=========================================
MoI wrote: I’ve read it and just want to be sure we are on the same page.

Points 1, 2 and 5 are all the same point – Zdenek is being inconsistent and thus scummy.
Point 3 – Making safe, convenient stances is scummy.
There was actually some debate as to how to order/categorize/label the points--even using the word “inconsistencies" in all three headings was a bit arbitrary--but no, they are
not
all the same.

If you summarize 3/5ths of our case under the headline of "inconsistency", sure.  But our posts are not as amenable to one-sentence description as you seem to think they are.

For example, our first point is not just "inconsistency." It is that Zdenek is calling us scummy for holding an opinion on Locke that he, logically, must hold. When we pointed out this contradiction, he chose an answer that
specifically
didn't address whether or not he shared our thoughts on LL. Throwing this under the banner of inconsistency doesn’t do it justice.

Also, inconsistencies aside, on a pure gut level, he's just
scummy
.  Not scummy as in a weak player, scummy as in
scummy
. Just look at that “catching up" post in which he makes a bunch of useless fluff comments like his weak attack on Magua and question to Ghostlin.
MoI wrote:Your slot is guilty of exactly those same offenses in Points 1-3, 5 as Zdenek is.

Inconsistency – I’ve pointed out this in my case regarding my slot. Others have pointed out how Hito’s “Iso Extraveganza" has players with Town reads being listed in second tier suspects.
I (hito) already addressed why Nexus had a townie mention in ISO but was included in my scumlist in ISO 47.

But furthermore, how the fuck does our being accused of an "inconsistency" mean that we're not allowed to point out WORSE inconsistencies from Zdenek?  How does our having some stances you find safe nullify Zdenek’s overall pattern of behaviour?  Even if the likelihood of multiple scumteams didn’t mean that we could be scum and still notice genuine scummy behaviour from Zdenek, ad hominems are Logical Fallacies 101.   Zdenek can be inconsistent and scummy even if the three heads of Twilight Sparkle pointing this out aren’t 100% consistent.
I’m not sure what exactly you are saying in Point 4 but I don’t see the scumminess there.
Try reading it, then:
First Paragraph of Point 4 wrote: These are, I freely admit, less damning as scumtells. I place them here because, together with the other evidence, they suggest the overarching theme that Zdenek is simply trying to find as many “points" to raise as possible. They are seriously vacuous, and in some cases downright moronic. Having a bad justification isn’t a scumtell per se; but when you apparently deemed raising these trivial, frivolous points as the most important use of catch-up time, it suggest that you’re simply ISOing us, looking for anything you can twist as scummy, and going, without taking time to consider if it’s actually scummy or worth mention.
That catch-up post is exactly what I would expect to see from competent scum under fire for lack of Pro-Town play – a well-reasoned case against a player who isn’t likely to competently fire back.
I’m interested in your quote, “a well-reasoned" case on Zdenek. You haven’t really said whether our case is good or bad at all. Instead, your points seem to amount to, in essence, that we’re not
allowed
to make this case on Zdenek. You also say that it’s against a player who “isn’t likely to competently fire back". Seeing as Zdenek is, by your own admission, “far from a VI", I’m curious as to what this means.

Also: a well reasoned case against scum seems exactly what the doctor ordered, and whether or not someone can fire back is independent of their alignment. If this is what the
scum
reaction is, then what do you think competent
town
would do in this situation?

If you thought our case on Zdenek was weak, then why didn’t you argue with the specific instances of scummy behaviour we called attention to themselves, the way Kast did?  (We’ll respond to his later post when we have time.)  Instead, you’re trying to trivialize the specific instances of questionable behaviour we found from Zdenek by lumping them into categories such as "inconsistencies" or "safe stances", and then imply that suspicious behaviour falling into those categories is off-limits to us.

So what do
you
personally think of Zdenek?  Had that case not been made by people whose opinions should be invalidated because (gasp) hito found one post vaguely townish from a player in his second tier, would you have agreed with our points against him?

===============
By the way, Magna, what is your read on Nexus?  At the beginning of the day, he was one of your top four suspects, but you’ve spent comparatively little energy attacking him.

Oh, and also, WHY THE FUCK did you feel the need to post this:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:No, they didn’t. Because you obviously didn’t investigate them as you had the same ‘rock-solid’ Town read on that slot before Night 1.

Stop drinking the gambit juice. Too many players who are Obv-Town at this point. You aren’t going to manufacture a NK draw …
-80% Mina, 20% hito

(Note that this section was started days before the other parts of this wall,but underwent constant revision and so was only posted now.)
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:45 pm

[TS03]

Response to Xvart

Xvart wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:@LMP: We’re your third biggest scum read. How much of it is associative with Feysal?
Woah. I really don't like this quote. At all. Fishing out relations with other players? Have to think on this some more.
I don’t think LMP said anything negative about us (he even asked what the case on Twilight Sparkle was) until hito corrected him on the kill flavour.  So it seemed as though we were one of his top suspects solely because we could be Feysal’s scumbuddy for answering a question directed at him.

Also, what do you mean by “fishing out relations with other players"?
Xvart wrote:I think Setael's 1327 push on Bunnylover is weak and forced, looking only at mannerism and not content. And the follow up discussion about VI/number of games played is just bad. Nitpicking trivial stuff while not voting. If BunnyLover flips scum I'd bet Setael is scum too..
Hrmm? You’re attacking Setael for pushing BL without voting? But in the same post:
xvart wrote:But it gives you the perfect opportunity to throw in a (weak) bus since it won't go anywhere or do anything because of Benmage's declaration.
This is to Setael, regarding Bunnylover. You clearly know that BL is on the “no-lynch" list. But then, what of your previous quotes? Nitpicking trivial stuff without voting? Do you think Setael should be voting Bunnylover right now?

[TS04]

Response to LynchMePls

LynchMePls wrote:This. Plus, my experience with Zdenek is that he's mislynch bait. Every game I've been in with him (2 that I can think of off the top of my head plus 1 I modded) he was mislynched by the town. The fact that the case came out of left field when TS was being run up makes me feel pretty confident that it's a red herring.
I’ve never played with Zdenek before.  Do you have town and scum meta on him, for comparison’s sake?

@MoI (who earlier said Zdenek was far from a VI): do you agree with LMP’s assessment of Zdenek’s meta?

The case certainly didn’t come out of left field.   I’d said in my (Mina)’s second post after returning from my V/LA that I wanted to devote a huge post to Zdenek, and we’d already mentioned objections with him.  Some of it was DGB’s logic that knowing we’re town, there should be at least one scum on our wagon.  Zdenek’s vote struck us as the most blatant case-free bandwagoning (since at least Raivann had set, and was unlikely to be a Stark given only one scumteam).   We decided to take a closer look at him, and then more stuff jumped out at us.  But the case itself was cowritten in Google docs by hito and I during an all-nighter AIM session, and ended up growing beyond what we’d expected.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”