Newbie 1070 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by muh316 »

Remember the pressure that was placed on her early in the game? I need that pressure to be placed again. We need reactions.

Vote Count

muh316 (4) - splitfarvle, T-Bone, Ellyssa, Jack Forman
barefoot-fighter (2) - Stels, muh316
Quaroath (1) - Rain
Stels (1) - Quaroath

Not Voting (1) - barefoot-fighter

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Forman
Jack Forman
Townie
Jack Forman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Jack Forman »

@Muh Yeah we need reactions from you...dduuhh. Why do you want more presser on her?? Maybe cus you have too much pressure?? So maybe you shouldn't post, it just seems to be a waste of your time since you really didn't answer anything in that... what you might call a post.
Fuben84 is my xbox name.
I Love Beer!!!
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by muh316 »

I didn't freak out when I had 3 votes placed on me.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

Wow, didn't expect that development. And great, -now- a wagon forms on barefoot.

@muh
muh316 wrote: I am being pretty lazy here. T-Bone its not good to rush the town. Rushing leads to mislynches. This is obviously the case here. I like T-Bone's mindset of 20 pages. I like that. This game is too slow for me. I have seen Newbie games finish with just 15 pages. They don't end up well. I'm just saiyan that we should pick up the pace in this game.
Above and beyond Jack's comment that you had a period of inactivity earlier in the week - where if we HAD gone at a quick pace like you seem to be advocating, you'd have coasted through to day 2 with little or no work - I don't really get what you mean by the sentence above.

I think it's more phrasing than anything though that's confusing me, but first you say, "Rushing leads to mislynches" and ask him not to rush the town, implying you think we're going too fast, then you say this game is too slow for you and newbie games with "just" 15 pages (which are quick games) don't end well (which I guess implies Mafia wins?). Sorry, just trying to grasp what you mean here.

@Quaroath in #190 Hope you get well soon if you aren't already. And also, I don't think Jack's #179 was advocating a quick lynch, he seemed to be presenting an alternate viewpoint and possible reason why muh shouldn't be lynched based on post activity. ie, he truly hasn't been around much, and was not active lurking in the sense of reading but coasting. I agreed with him in my post and I think you do too in yours.

@T-Bone I'm not sure what to think of you. Bunch of short fluff/neutrality posts recently too. You did kind of explain it with the 4 day thing though. Where have you played prior, out of curiosity?

I had a busy day at work, got about 1/3 through my re-read of Quaroath/Rain/Stels but far from done. I think Q/Stels were tunneling each other heavily for a while there as residue from the pre-game dustup, and that may have coloured their opinions of each other a little.
Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

Sorry for double post. Have to add.
muh316 wrote:I didn't freak out when I had 3 votes placed on me.
You didn't exactly defend yourself either though. :/ It's really hard to pin you down as mafia or town because while you didn't act mafia, you didn't act town either. Sorry if you are town after all, and you get hammered. (If you are Mafia, then die scum die etc)

Could you explain the vote on barefoot though? While I certainly appreciate it, it does seem like a way to redirect me back onto my original target and I'm not biting yet. This is your first vote all game outside of the RVS stage (which was on barefoot too and which you didn't withdraw for a long time, though you did FoS her when you unvoted). What changed between then and now to make you vote her? To us, it seems like you ARE cracking under pressure, like, now you're going "lynch her instead of meee". Or trying to save her tomorrow by distancing yourself from her via the vote.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by T-Bone »

@ Whoever, it's because I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable to end the day. If the rest of you aren't so be it. Start Unvoting and let the game continue. I'm patient.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Jack Forman
Jack Forman
Townie
Jack Forman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Jack Forman »

Another waste of space from Muh and T-bone, you guys are killin me... Post something that we can go off of... if you really are town guys then help us so that we don't have to kill off anymore town than we have to. If you guys don't want to play the game then say so, so we can get replacements that would be of some benefit.
Fuben84 is my xbox name.
I Love Beer!!!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count

muh316 (4) - splitfarvle, T-Bone, Ellyssa, Jack Forman
Quaroath (1) - Rain
Stels (1) - Quaroath

CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
barefoot-fighter
barefoot-fighter
Townie
barefoot-fighter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by barefoot-fighter »

Stels wrote:@barefoot-fighter: I'm not offended or anything, I just wanted to see the correlation between how you got from being confused by names to presuming that we may have different roles the sentence after that was said.
Also, I noticed that you just pushed off the pressure by referring to Quaroath, that I should lay off you and go back to him, since I am currently voting him. This strikes me as very odd. Why would you do so in the first place?
UNVOTE: Quaroath
VOTE: barefoot-soldier
I meant "don't confuse the names, they may have different roles, in which case, confusing the names is prejudicial." I don't know why you put the pressure on me because of this naming issue. "Do you take it out of a magic hat or something" is something I didn't ask for. So I didn't expect your reaction. Now freaking out when I say you may have different roles, that's something I take note of. And I said "I'm not Quaroath" because he is the one who has been bullying you since you both confirmed, so I'm saying I don't want to be involved. I thought you were mad at Quarotah and were being agressive towards me as well, so I said I'm not teasing you, get off me.
You can suspect me and stuff, I got it already, but please don't be rude. I'm not looking for a fight, I just want a game.
muh316 wrote:I didn't freak out when I had 3 votes placed on me.
No, you didn't. You didn't freak out when you had four votes on you, threatening five.
Also, bad timing. I know you already did suspect me, but not enough to vote me, right? This weak argument from Stels convinced you? Right when we are about to lynch you. Just defend yourself, don't assume no one will hammer you.
muh316 wrote:The case is weak in general. Its not the specific bits if it that I can tear apart. I am being pretty lazy here. T-Bone its not good to rush the town. Rushing leads to mislynches. This is obviously the case here. I like T-Bone's mindset of 20 pages. I like that. This game is too slow for me. I have seen Newbie games finish with just 15 pages. They don't end up well. I'm just saiyan that we should pick up the pace in this game. If lynching me helps discussion, so be it. I'm willing to die.
I'm with Ellyssa on this one. Could you please explain what you meant by this paragraph? It's very confusing. And it's the biggest post from you, as of late.
T-Bone wrote:@ Whoever, it's because I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable to end the day. If the rest of you aren't so be it. Start Unvoting and let the game continue. I'm patient.
I think it's time for me to point fingers at people (hey Ellyssa!). You say you want the day to end and it's completely understandable here, but I think you already wanted Day 1 to end a few pages ago.
T-Bone wrote:
I think now we've gotten what we're going to get out of the day phase. People keep throwing out a suspect list, so lets grab some common ground and get a lynch going.

Unvote

Vote: Muh316

I said I'd be okay with this vote. He and Stels were my picks for votes, at this point, I think Stels has redeemed himself enough for now. At least until the next phase.
Underlining mine. Voting for muh just to get someone lynched quickly? Maybe you just want to get this over with and move on to the Night Phase. Lurking, which you're constantly accused of, is waiting for others to vote to whoever they want, then hop along and get the game going. Question: is this all we're going to get out of Day 1?
Am I scum?
Really?
Oh, my! I didn't know that!
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by muh316 »

What I meant by the game being slow was that there aren't enough posts or discussion. What I mean by rushing is getting things done too quickly.

T-Bone isn't really contributing to the game. His posts are implying hurry up I want to use my scum powers for night 1.

I'm not suggesting a lynch anytime soon. What I do suggest is getting a bandwagon going on for more information.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Stels »

muh316 wrote:Remember the pressure that was placed on her early in the game? I need that pressure to be placed again. We need reactions.
And notifying the person who the pressure is supposed to be on that the pressure is just there for pressure and not a serious vote defeats that purpose.

@Ellyssa: I think he's just trying to hop onto a wagon that has the potential to not get him lynched for the day /OR\ He's doing it on purpose and playing so carelessly to end his life ASAP... both of which are bad...

@barefoot-fighter: yet again, I'm not trying to be rude, I just failed to see the how 'this' and 'that' were related to each other. The "magic hat" part wasn't intended seriously as an insult, it was more like a reference to how you got that idea from, since I didn't understand how you came up with such correlations. You know that when I put my vote on you, I already read Quaroath's apology and I responded to it, AKA I wasn't actually bullied by him.
barefoot-fighter wrote:I thought you were mad at Quarotah and were being agressive towards me as well, so I said I'm not teasing you, get off me.
I'm pretty sure that the tone of my posts towards you for the last two posts was neutral towards you as it was since the 'magic-hat' post. There was no implied emotion as far as I can see as well as teasing.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Yeah I'm hopping on bandwagons. The second vote is totally a bandwagon.

It is your fault if you guys can't get a read off of me. I'm not gonna say if I'm town or scum, because the moment you say you're town, you become a safe lynch at this stage of the game.

I've seen a bit of a theme "so and so wants to end the day because they wanna use their scum powers!" There are 9 players playing. At most, 4 players have night actions, at least, 2 players do.

I'm not here to make your ability to play easier Jack. If you think I'm scum, don't wimp out. Cast your vote. Don't "waste space" as you so eloquently called it by complaining "I'm not good enough at this game to make reads on other players unless they spell it out for me" with your posts. This has got to be the 3rd or 4th time you've complained that someone else isn't playing good enough. Don't blame your problems on other players.

I'm rushing the town? Really? Because we've had 4 posts in the last day. If I'm rushing the town, I'm doing a horrible job at it.

Ellyssa
Ellyssa
Townie
Ellyssa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Ellyssa »

T-Bone wrote:Yeah I'm hopping on bandwagons. The second vote is totally a bandwagon.

It is your fault if you guys can't get a read off of me. I'm not gonna say if I'm town or scum, because the moment you say you're town, you become a safe lynch at this stage of the game.

I've seen a bit of a theme "so and so wants to end the day because they wanna use their scum powers!" There are 9 players playing. At most, 4 players have night actions, at least, 2 players do.

I'm not here to make your ability to play easier Jack. If you think I'm scum, don't wimp out. Cast your vote. Don't "waste space" as you so eloquently called it by complaining "I'm not good enough at this game to make reads on other players unless they spell it out for me" with your posts. This has got to be the 3rd or 4th time you've complained that someone else isn't playing good enough. Don't blame your problems on other players.

I'm rushing the town? Really? Because we've had 4 posts in the last day. If I'm rushing the town, I'm doing a horrible job at it.
Wait, what? Why would you not want to say you're town? This isn't a complex game with 3 factions and a couple third parties; 7 townies (PR or otherwise), 2 mafia - the 2 mafia KNOW who the town are - everyone else - so what would your not saying you were town do to sway/confuse them exactly?

@Stels Nods, agreed to muh. It seemed like he was trying to invoke my b) option for unvoting him in my #187. ie bus or mislynch someone else to save himself. Also, I suspect re: barefoot, there may be a slight language barrier in terms of how we're reading her or she's reading our words sometimes.. not sure though. And not sure how much leeway to then give what she says.
Rain
Rain
Goon
Rain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Rain »

Still no defense. I don't see any bandwagon forming on anyone else in the near future. Also, I'm getting a bit bored in this game. Gotta make something happen.

Die scum.

Unvote
All cats die. Socrates died. Therefore, Socrates was a cat.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Didn't see that coming, hope it was a good decision
T-Bone wrote:I'm not gonna say if I'm town or scum, because the moment you say you're town, you become a safe lynch at this stage of the game.
I know Ellyssa already mentioned this, but I'd really like to know your reasoning here. Are you saying that someone claiming to be town would get lynched?
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Ellyssa wrote: @Quaroath You said you've felt a barefoot-Stels scumteam. Have you seen any sort of connection between the two, or they just happen to be your main suspects besides Rain? I'm not sure if you've listed any already, may have missed it, I only saw the early post you referred to where you said you mainly suspected them, before Rain jumped on and you two OMGUS'd each other. Adding to the question, which of the three do you think is more likely to be innocent, since you did vote Rain too? One of them at least has to be innocent.

Sorry about the delay on this I've had an interesting week. Mostly just a feel on the two players themselves more than a connection of any kind. I'm questioning my read on stels though, it's possible i was bing more OMGUS than anything. I need to reconsider this one.

I think Rain is the least likely to be scum of the three.
muh316 wrote:I'm up for voting barefoot right now.

VOTE: Barefoot-fighter
Seriously, Rain said this already but, wow that’s .. bad.

@ Ellyssa
Elyssa wrote:@Quaroath in #190 Hope you get well soon if you aren't already. And also, I don't think Jack's #179 was advocating a quick lynch, he seemed to be presenting an alternate viewpoint and possible reason why muh shouldn't be lynched based on post activity. ie, he truly hasn't been around much, and was not active lurking in the sense of reading but coasting. I agreed with him in my post and I think you do too in yours.

Fair enough.
barefoot-fighter wrote: I think it's time for me to point fingers at people (hey Ellyssa!). You say you want the day to end and it's completely understandable here, but I think you already wanted Day 1 to end a few pages ago.
T-Bone wrote:
I think now we've gotten what we're going to get out of the day phase. People keep throwing out a suspect list, so lets grab some common ground and get a lynch going.

Unvote

I said I'd be okay with this vote. He and Stels were my picks for votes, at this point, I think Stels has redeemed himself enough for now. At least until the next phase.
Underlining mine. Voting for muh just to get someone lynched quickly? Maybe you just want to get this over with and move on to the Night Phase. Lurking, which you're constantly accused of, is waiting for others to vote to whoever they want, then hop along and get the game going. Question: is this all we're going to get out of Day 1?
I think more information can be gleaned, but the day really is near maxxing out information that can be gained. Understand most of the information we are going to gain will be looking back at what happened based on the lynch and night actions. I don't really think T-Bone saying take your time and saying he thinks the day has maxxed out info is particularly scummy though.
Ellyssa wrote:
T-Bone wrote:Yeah I'm hopping on bandwagons. The second vote is totally a bandwagon.

Wait, what? Why would you not want to say you're town? This isn't a complex game with 3 factions and a couple third parties; 7 townies (PR or otherwise), 2 mafia - the 2 mafia KNOW who the town are - everyone else - so what would your not saying you were town do to sway/confuse them exactly?
Saying you are town is pointless, town says they are town, scum says they are town. It’s a vapid claim. It’s why I pointed out that insinuating townieness and saying I’m a townie just like you gets less and less believable the more you hear it. It's not confusing to mafia, but townies can't know if you are being honest or not. It's rally overall, a pointless claim in my eyes.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Didn't see the hammer until most of that post was composed, figured I shouldn't waste the typing.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Quaroath »

@my post 140 and 146 making me think T-Bone is town: It's the tone of the typing in the posts, posts after those haven't changes this feel.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Final Vote Count

muh316 (5) - splitfarvle, T-Bone, Ellyssa, Jack Forman, Rain
Stels (1) - Quaroath

"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

muh316,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1. Any night actions should be sent to me by the end of March 12th, PST.

Mafia may resume privately talking.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Jack Forman,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1. Mafia should cease privately talking.

Day 2 dawns with 7 alive. It is 4 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of April 2nd, PST.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:36 am

Post by T-Bone »

Cool guys, start talking before I go on vacation this week.

Mod, updated player list?

Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Stels »

^^I dislike your obsessive use of sarcasm...
Will post a bit later today.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

Huh?

muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 am

Post by muh316 »

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”