Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by tclawren »

I'm super excited about this, it's been a while since I've played a serious game of mafia. :P

I detest RV's so I think I'll keep my vote in my pocket. (I know what they're supposed to do, I just don't think it really does it.)

Looking forward to outing some scum. :wink:
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by tclawren »

Also you can just call me token if you want.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by tclawren »

1. Eastern Time USA GMT-5
2. Nope.
3. Hmm... this question is going to spark debate about the summiness of the responses. Not sure if it will actually help though. Regardless the answer is town. My scum game needs work.
4. hopefully pretty regularly. School will start up again Monday so probably every night or so when that hits. Of course there will be the occasional night off.
5. The idea of one person leading is really silly. Everyone should think for themselves. That doesn't mean you can't try and persuade others, but ultimately there shouldn't be a "leader" and there shouldn't be any "followers." Ideally.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by tclawren »

Regfan
:Where did 'one person leading' come from, everyone does indeed think for themselves though every player has a tendancy to lead or follow in the game of mafia, thus what the question is about.
I think i misunderstood your question. Nearly all of the mafia games I've played (in real life and chatmafia) have suffered from a huge cases of sheeping. Only the cop or some pr would lead the game and there were many people who would just go with the flow, making it very difficult for town. But however to answer your actual question I think for at least the time being I will tend to follow as this is my first game on the site. I want to get used to the structure of things.

Now, on to the big stuff which is namely my reluctance to vote.

1. I really don't think RVs help. It kinda just makes people run around in circles. That's just my opinion. I can totally see the other side of this. Votes=pressure, blah, blah, blah...

2. Just because I'm not RV-ing doesn't mean I will be lurking. I will regularly post (hopefully) quality content. I will try extremely hard not to lurk. Lurking is
very
antitown.
Pappums:
bold 2: general not joining in with the rest of the group. it doesnt make someone scum imo obviously, it just seems off.
Exactly what do mean by off? Do you mean scummy? Antitown? I would just like some elaboration.

@Carcinogen: Is your vote of regfan a policy lynch for bad play or do you believe that he is scum? Also what responses do you normally get when you ask the miller question? What were you hoping to achieve?
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:21 am

Post by tclawren »

Truant
: Otherwise, vote for sub or possibly pappum's as a third option.
Explain this. I
hate
when people accuse people without explaining themselves. Even if it something stupid explain yourself.

My opinion about the Miller question is that is somewhat more helpful than the regfan questions for reasons similar to what Carciogen put down. It is obviously about the game going on right now. Regfan's were... obliquely related at best.
Vollkan
: @ EVERYBODY: DO NOT answer the above question!

Why did you not want people to answer this?
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 am

Post by tclawren »

Honestly the scummiest looking person is Yura. Voting for Volkan for no reason, changing her mind after some derision from the town, the fact that her posts make literally no sense whatsoever. It's obvious she's bad at the game, but it's hard to tell if she's actually scum.

I'm thinking about voting for pappums (for mostly the same reasons posted above, especially for the fact that he didn't HoS Regfan at first when it was obvious to anyone actually reading that he didn't RV, but I would like to hear from a little bit more from him first.

I would also like to urge Magnetic to post some meaningful stuff. So for all you've done is post a whole bunch of filler, it looks really suspicious.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by tclawren »

Maxous:
So the scummiest looking is Yura, but you can't really tell if she's scum because she is obviously bad at the game. Puting aside that small contradiction, is being 'bad' at this game a scumtell in your opinion?
And why think about voting pappums if the scummiest looking is Yura?
Rereading that post I understand the confusion. I'll try to be a little more clear. Hopefully this makes more sense. Firstly about Yura, I do think she is playing very anti-town, bordering on scummy. I do not think that being "bad" is a tell, but it sure makes people suspect you and examine you. That said her play is becoming more and more scummy.

I was not clear about this, but I was pretty close to voting for either of them, but I thought if waved my vote in front of pappums he might actually give an answer swiftly. And he still has time to.

I was going to vote for Yura (bandwagoning all over the place), but I don't want to start a bandwagon myself after Carciogen's vote, so I'll abstain.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by tclawren »

1. Magnetic is a troll. Look at his past games and ask Andrew, he's been a few himself.

2. A Claim for Town Weak Doctor? The claim was utterly unnecessary at the time. I've probably played in less games then Magnetic and even I know that you don't need to claim that early. But see point 1.

3. Lets assume role is true. That means at least a serial killer maybe two sets of maf. I don't think I'm over-analyzing this.

4. But, I don't understand-at all-why he didn't know what his role did. It should have been stated clearly in the PM. So unless he can't read English, which we all know he can, he should have been very clear in his paraphrasing.

So I'm confirmed town.
Everyone, looks for scums OTHER than me.
Talking right at you Magnetic. This makes you seem very scummy. You are not confirmed. Let me say this again. You are not confirmed. You could be a maf doctor. You could just be a scum trying to lure out the real doctor. The thing is that we can NOT be sure that you are the real thing.

Now that is out of the way, one more thing. Take the heat. Your complaining is making things worse for you. After you make a claim out of nowhere and then insist that all pressure be taken off of you that's when is rightfully going to be added.

FOS Magnetic
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by tclawren »

Well since you are not doctor...VOTE: Magnetic

Remember:
Lynch All Liars.
Especially a day one liar. sheesh.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 am

Post by tclawren »

UNVOTE: Magnetic I do want day one to last a little longer. It's been like two days. And it's the weekend. Andrew has posted twice. I do want to lynch magnetic. Just not yet.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 am

Post by tclawren »

bgg said:
In case I wasn't clear, when I said "more logical reasons", I meant that I would have a vote with more logical reasons behind it.
Although, if you wish to believe that I already have many logical reasons why S_C is scum, and am deliberately witholding them from you for whatever reason, that is fine too.
Please, please, please. If you have suspicions based on
anything
please share them with the group. It is anti-town otherwise. I don't care if it is something as silly as I don't the underscore in the username I just want reasons for why you are
keeping
your vote on Carciogen.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 am

Post by tclawren »

Let me rephrase. Your vote on Carciogen was basically a RV. You called her out for not posting, which doesn't make any sense but whatever. It was a RV. I can live with that.

But, now you are speaking again and you are still keeping your RV up, and alluded to (perhaps WIFOM-ing) having your own reasons for doing so.

So let me ask you this: Are you keeping the vote up because you see no reason to change it as of this point or do you think that Carciogen is acting scummy in some way? If it's the latter explain how he is.

Hopefully that clears things up.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am

Post by tclawren »

Ckd wrote:
to add to the above post....if he had been hammered before your post, we also wouldnt not have seen tcl unvote. On the surface, it looks towny...very towny, but if magnetic DOES flip scum, it looks like a reason for a buddy to jump off a wagon. look at all the information we would be missing if we just quick lynched someone day 1.
I understand the reasoning here (even if it is a little bit stretched) so let me explain. I woke up this morning to see that Magnetic was now magically at L-1! I do not want day one to end this early. It is far too soon. Now if Magnetic doesn't show back up in the next few days (which I feel he might do) then let's lynch him. Remember that more info always benefits town, since the mafia already have much more info than we do.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by tclawren »

this post feels off cos it seems to be town credit seeking.(although i myself was about to defend magnetic due o the way he trolled in my game, but tclawren doesnt know that?)
I read all his games the other day right before he claimed doc. I was trying to figure out how new he was, so yeah I know he's an idiot.

I honestly believe that more discussion could have helped and without it I wouldn't be nearly as wary of bgg as I am, but the topic of discussion had flagged thanks to regfan taking the bait from bgg. That combined with the post that ultimately comprised a taunt by Magnetic I think that it was perhaps good for the SC to hammer.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”