Mini 1140 - Mafia Mishmash...Game Over!!

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Votecount 1.1:

bgg1996 - 1 (subgenius)
tclawren- 1 ( Truant)
Surprise_Carcinogen - 2 (Magnetic, vollkan)

Regfan - 1 (Surprise_Carcinogen)
Pappums rat - 1 (curiouskarmadog)
Magnetic – 1 (Andrew94)
yura-chi – 1 (pappums rat)

Not voting: (Maxous, Regfan, yura-chi, tclawren, bgg1996)

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end no later than Friday April 1st at midnight EST.
Last edited by havingfitz on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Magnetic »

Wonder what tclawren did that was so meaningful that he has a right to say shits about me. Its page 4 (early page 4) and he is bitching me already.
Don't get pappums rat's vote on Yura just as I don't get Yura's apology and unvoting.
Japan...What can we do to help them?
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

Page three already?
Is it too late for a semi-random vote?
People both love and hate me... Without the 'love' part.
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

I'll
vote: Surprise_Carcinogen
because, as of this moment, he has not posted for the longest time.
More logical reasons coming soon.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by yura-chi »

ill agree with bgg1996 he hasnt said anything for awhile...

Vote:Surprise_Carcinogen
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Magnetic »

the two people who has jumped on the wagon of Surprise: I have my lock-on on you.
Unvote
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by subgenius »

@bgg1996

Are you planning on answering the regfan questionnaire there, pal?
bgg1996
bgg1996
Goon
bgg1996
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by bgg1996 »

subgenius wrote:@bgg1996

Are you planning on answering the regfan questionnaire there, pal?
1. Eastern Standard Time
2. Can't say.
3. Mafia
4. Idk. Could be anywhere from twice every hour to none at all.
5. Neither.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Maxous »

@Magnetic: Why do you have a "lock on" on those 2 that voted SC.

@Subgenius: Why did you want bgg to answer the questions? Are you reading anything from people's answers here?
pappums rat wrote:this game has been bringing teh lulz so far. subgenious... it was an rvs vote obviously. everyone else: the hos on token wasnt LIEK OMGZ HE R TEH SCUMZORZ, it wasnt even really all that serious, i wanted to see how he would react with me calling him out for not rvs'ing.
Okay and what did you think of tcwlaren's reaction?

_________
_________

tclawren wrote:Honestly the scummiest looking person is Yura. Voting for Volkan for no reason, changing her mind after some derision from the town, the fact that her posts make literally no sense whatsoever. It's obvious she's bad at the game, but it's hard to tell if she's actually scum.

I'm thinking about voting for pappums (for mostly the same reasons posted above, especially for the fact that he didn't HoS Regfan at first when it was obvious to anyone actually reading that he didn't RV, but I would like to hear from a little bit more from him first.

I would also like to urge Magnetic to post some meaningful stuff. So for all you've done is post a whole bunch of filler, it looks really suspicious.
So the scummiest looking is Yura, but you can't really tell if she's scum because she is obviously bad at the game. Puting aside that small contradiction , is being 'bad' at this game a scumtell in your opinion?
And why think about voting pappums if the scummiest looking is Yura?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Surprise_Carcinogen »

Regfan wrote:Again, never have I said any of the points would be used in a case, just to help me gather a feel of the players and to attain some basic gut reads. The idea of 'Just because seomeone used those methods doesn't mean they will do it again' really shows how little attention you paid to my posts because I explicitly said that although it doesn't mean they're going to play that way this game it gives us some basis to work from. Again, what's the point of asking questions for reactions if you're going to explain what reactions you're looking for? In regards to C, this is my second open setup, I normally stick to closed setups.

So lets just get this right:

- I dislike RVS, you say refraining from using RVS is a scumtell.
- I bring up questions, you attempt to discredit the questions before an explanation was given towards them and before they had a chance to work at all, you state those questions are a scumtell.
- Someone points out that disliking and refraining from using the RVS is a null-tell, you instantly turn the previous scum-tell on me towards 'anti-town' behavior even though you understand the RVS vs RQS debate.
- I explain the reasoning behind the questions, you state that you don't think Meta-exists or is relevant thus the questions are still a scum-tell

Have I got that right? Because from what I'm reading you're attempting to change your reasoning behind the vote whenever it suits it,
you seem to have your tunnel goggles on.
The bolded statement got my attention. Looking back at my OWN plays, I am inclined to agree.
unvote
. Watching the progression of my own arguments, I have been being terrible, for reasons that you guys have been swift to point out. I am, for the moment, satisfied with the answers given by Regfan. If he had any other questions I failed to answer though, point them out. I might have missed them scanning through the flurry of events that occured while I was away. I didn't think we'd hit page 4 so fast in a 3 week long game. I'm kinda used to D1 being over by page 6 or 7(D1 usually being 72 or 96 hours long at most) so I'm still getting used to the pacing here at MS.net

My eyes are now on the two most recent votes on me. People who voted for me first, I accept your reasoning, so understand that my dislike of Bgg and Yura's votes is not by any means OMGUS. I was tunneling, as stated earlier, and am going to let me eyes wander a little more, and stop focusing so much on Regfan. As for why Bgg and Yura or my new persons of interest is because bgg decided I hadn't posted "in the longest time" when at the time of bgg's post(4:50 pm server time) since 8:30 am. A whole 8 hours and 20 minutes. Why, that's almost as long as a SHIFT AT A FULL TIME JOB(Plus or minus commute). And Yura is on the block for so suddenly and rediculously bandwagoning. And thusly,
vote:Yura-chi
. Bgg is promising more logical reasons, and I'll decide if I think he's scum-hunting or not when the time comes. Yura, though, has nothing more then "Oh, yeah, he has been quiet...*L-3*". A frightening sort of bandwagoning, and enough to get my vote on D1
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Sorry, I totally lied. There's no understanding Magnetic's vote. Except that it was kinda funny. So in that, I suppose I still understand it.
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Ugh. Keep submitting half-thoughts. I still understand Vollkan's vote of myself, anyway.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by tclawren »

Maxous:
So the scummiest looking is Yura, but you can't really tell if she's scum because she is obviously bad at the game. Puting aside that small contradiction, is being 'bad' at this game a scumtell in your opinion?
And why think about voting pappums if the scummiest looking is Yura?
Rereading that post I understand the confusion. I'll try to be a little more clear. Hopefully this makes more sense. Firstly about Yura, I do think she is playing very anti-town, bordering on scummy. I do not think that being "bad" is a tell, but it sure makes people suspect you and examine you. That said her play is becoming more and more scummy.

I was not clear about this, but I was pretty close to voting for either of them, but I thought if waved my vote in front of pappums he might actually give an answer swiftly. And he still has time to.

I was going to vote for Yura (bandwagoning all over the place), but I don't want to start a bandwagon myself after Carciogen's vote, so I'll abstain.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by yura-chi »

O everyone yea I suk ik I'm trying my best 2 rely on my guts also sc dusnt seem dat suspicious so Ima unvote
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by yura-chi »

unvote
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by yura-chi »

But I have a question y is sc suddenly taking bak wat he thought of magnetic?
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Because I said that I understood the vote for the two people who voted me before you and bgg did. Then I read back and remembered that Magnetic's vote was what I understand to be a joke-rvs vote, based on the discussion of rvs votes at the time, and that his vote DIDN'T actually make sense to me, outside of it being funny.
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by yura-chi »

Since it is 6:30 here i have 2 go eat c ya guys
yura-chi
yura-chi
Townie
yura-chi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by yura-chi »

Before I go i'm getting suspicious of truant he hasn't posted anything for awhile now....
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

yura-chi wrote:Ahhhhh since no one is choosing volkan for their vote Ima choose him n n ders miles edgeworth Acting funny

VOTE: VOLLKAN
I've read this 5 times now, and the second part regarding Edgey still makes no sense to me :S

Is English your first language yura-chi?
subgenius wrote:
Maxous wrote:@Subgenius: You are suspicious of anyone that has'nt posted yet? It has been around a day and as you said they could easily be doing anything.

That comes across as a filler comment.
Scummy was probably a stronger word than I should have used. Suffice it to say, I would like to hear from those who haven't posted yet.
Please don't fall into the trap of attacking lurkers for the pragmatic reason of encouraging them to post. Far too many people all ready are under the delusion that lurking is scummy, that it only creates mass distraction if people play that way (ie. attacking lurkers).
yura-chi wrote:waaaa im sry!!! my ipod doesnt respond to me well....thxs for the tips n wat nots!! also yea ik i suk at this..... :S
Vote: Unvote
Yura + 7

VOTE: Vote: Yura-chi

Newbscum tell.

Let me explain:
He cast a random vote for me. Whilst some people questioned what me meant and/or offered suggestions about how to format his vote, nobody attacked him (mainly, I guess, because it was an obvious non-case vote). His reaction above is completely disproportionate to any criticism that he might have received, and I can't think of any way that, if he was acting genuinely, he would unvote as a response. The obvious newbscum reason, however, is that he doesn't like the little attention that he got and is now being contrite and unvoting to avoid it.
yurachi wrote: nothing's going on i just unvoted my mistake....
"Nothing to see here officer!"
Yura-chi wrote: I JUST WASNT SURE ABOUT MY VOTE N SOMEONE SAID 2 ME I SHUD NOT TALK ABOUT USELESS STUFF SO I DID N MADE IT SHORT... N I VOTED FOR VOLLKAN CUZ MY GUT TELLS ME SO! N FYI IM A GURL!!!!
I'm reading this as I post, and I'm honestly amazed that the suspicion theory about him being paranoid newbscum I typed out above is actually becoming more and more validated with every post.
Yura-chi wrote: ehhh!?!? im dat big of a threat???
This gets a
Yura +5

There is no way that town-Yura, however newbie or incompetent he would be, would respond to a vote by asking why he is such a threat.
Maxous wrote: So the scummiest looking is Yura, but you can't really tell if she's scum because she is obviously bad at the game. Puting aside that small contradiction , is being 'bad' at this game a scumtell in your opinion?
Being bad at the game doesn't make a player unreadable. At some base level, they will still be operating under town and scum motivations - it's just that their modes of acting will be more irrational and/or extreme than most people's. Yura's play maps perfectly with a newbscum pattern, and doesn't gel at all with a town thinking pattern.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:38 pm

He's been 'not posting' for about 9 or 10 hours. That's not exactly a drought. It's not suspicious to go less then 12 hours without posting. Otherwise, I have a list of about 6 or 7 people who are also suspicious. I mean, for example, that yura-chi guy went, like, 13 or 14 hours before making his first post!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by pappums rat »

i think yura-chi is trolling this game tbh. however, notice what i have bolded in sc's last post:
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:He's been 'not posting' for about 9 or 10 hours. That's not exactly a drought. It's not suspicious to go less then 12 hours without posting. Otherwise, I have a list of about 6 or 7 people who are also suspicious. I mean, for example,
that yura-chi guy
went, like, 13 or 14 hours before making his first post!
this seems a bit like he may be distancing himself from the guy who just happened to share the same qt as him. i dont see why he couldnt just say 'yura-chi'.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Magnetic »

VOTE: Yura-Chi
Trolling or scummy, she needs to go.
Posting three in a row each containing 1-2 lines of useless bullshit and her suspcious "unvote".
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Regfan »

I've just re-read the thread today and decided I would upload my current reads, they are:

Andrew94
- Lack of real content which involve him shying away from any real content while ignoring the rest of the thread. Leaning mafia-null.
Pappums rat
- Posts seem to involve traces of buddying, though I don't find any scum-tells and I find myself agreeing with and thinking his post #96 was a town-tell. Leaning town.
Suprise_Carcinogen
- Shows an attempt to scum-hunt however has shown tunnelling and some illogical posts but nothing concievably scummy (With the exception of post #95). Leaning null.
Maxous
- Posts come across to be pro-town with evidence of scum-hunting whoever some of their questioning seems to be leading to unresponsive answers. Leaning, town-null.
Volkan
- Posts include copious amounts of logic and reasonable content. Leaning town.
Truant
- I agree with essentially all of his posts thus far and they seem to have town-motives behind them. Leaning town.
CuriousKarmaDog
- High lack of content in this game, only relevant post involves a vote due to 'gut' with no explanation of what caused it. Leaning mafia-null.
Magnetic
- Has posted nine times throughout this game thus far, none involving any content relevant or attempting to be relevant to the game until the last one which was just to join the bandwagon on Yura without adding any reasoning behind his vote other then "needs to go". Leaning mafia-null.
Subgenius
- Something doesn't sit right about his posts but I can't pin-point what it is, though his posts have been constructive and he has shown signs of scum-hunting. Leaning mafia-null (Puring due to gut unforunatly).
Tclwaren
- Shows an effort to scum-hunt and partcipate throughout his posts, his explanation behind his vote I view to be a town-tell. Leaning town.
Yura-Chi
- His posts as Voltan stated don't fit what a noob townie would do meaning his whole anti-town and 'caught in headlights' behaviour comes across as a strong scum-tell. Leaning mafia-null.

Summary:

Town

Pappums rat
Truant
Volkan
Tclwaren
Town-Null

Maxous
Null

Suprise_Carcinogen
Mafia-Null

Yura-Chi
Andrew94
CuriousKarmaDog
Magnetic
Subgenius

With all that being said:
Vote: Magnetic
Magnetic
Magnetic
Townie
Magnetic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Magnetic »

So, out of five people, I'm the one who gets a vote?
I think Regfan just didnt vote Yura cuz he might be seen bandwagoning.
How have I done nothing productive?
So people who haven't done much so far are the people who you find scummy, is that it?
Your post contains nothing too. Just points out the non-contributors (I don't see how I didn't contribute) and throws a seemingly random vote on me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”