Newbie 1067 - Game over - Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by dysorder »

Safe to say this game has died?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Prods have been sent to all who needed them
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Kcdaspot

There comes a time when playing a game when you have to rely on your gut. And my gut is screaming that Perry is town from those last two posts. So, my next suspect is Kcda. I'm voting him because he unvoted back in his ISO #8, saying that he wouldn't offer reads until page 5. He STILL hasn't given us those reads, and he STILL hasn't voted because he didn't want to put the last two popular wagons {Les, Perry} to L-1. This is the height of scum opportunism because it demonstrates pretty nicely that he's only looking at the main wagons without a care for anywhere else. It was also pretty scummy when he posted a town newb read on Les, then immediately recanted that read based on ONE post once Les started falling under heavier pressure and it became more likely he would be lynched.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

sorry, stress and apathy.

also got carried away with the les bit.

pre reads i giving him the benefit of the doubt and call him town.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

Les was first regardless:

I am now comfortable in calling him town. his second to last post actually had content:
Les Guilelesser wrote:
dysorder wrote: With Les making some MASSIVE noise, chaos and confusion, keeping him around could only be a good thing for scum. If they keep the raving,
lunatic Townie
around, that means they can keep most people distracted and manouvre around them....

With that wall of text said and suspicions raised,
I'm keeping my vote on Les.
I don't want this noise distracting us from finding real scum.
Bravo!
What you are saying is that Les is Townie (though is lunatic) and then let's lynch him (Les, the Townie) on Day 1 because I am so tired of this noise. Yes, let us lynch a townie on the 1 day - this will give us a bit of rest - and then we shall go in search of mafia.

You act like a real maf, Disorder!
he disected the post pretty well and built a case on it. jury is out weather I believe dys is town or not.. so...

Dysorder:I hesitate on a read here. on one hand you've been in the back mostly. on the other the one post of good content came from your ISO 9, (linked because quote stripes suck) where he says he is not confident that les or perry is scum. he also has some concerns on nacho..

next post though i don't think he explained it well enough. les may have something here. i'm going say null to slight scum. and i'm keeping an eye on him.

Nacho: not really much IC content huh? no that's not scummy.
aggressive but town because asking questions and putting the answers together for reads = town play. and they were good questions too
and then iso 5 showed up.
nacho wrote:Unvote, Vote: Les Guilesser
[bigletters]L-2[/bigletters]
Just trying to make our mod's job a little easier active and keep everyone active. I have no idea what's going on at your house, I just want you to be here and posting.

#76 is a big post with no vote. Don't kill this town read I have on you...

And yes, roles are revealed on death.
(quoted because important)

Those last 3 sentences are directed at les... voting someone to l-2 and then calling them town in the same post.. is this typical IC play?
he explains his vote better in his ISO 9 then in his next post he is not interested in a les lynch and vote perry.
explains his his new les is town read.. which I agree with along with my reason (he's posting more consistent.)
then the case on perry, are the posts you quoted in chronological order? next post demonstrates his case better in my view.
a "i'm here" post.
then votes me on gut and my not wanting to bring a BW to l-1.

it's a odd ISO... reading null. I still don't know if i like that les vote early on.

perry: phone poster... scummy. I agree with nachos post.
if you are town then you SHOULD care about town losing a member.
starts scumhunting but just applies pressure to les.

scum.

escho: I'm expecting something definative here.... and nope.
one case, on mist.. which is pretty understandable. and your 2nd post raises a eyebrow.
not much else...
Null-scum.

I'd have more but i just introduced my little bro to Homestuck.
he likes me reading to him. also me and sleep have to get along. i've been slipping up in school and when i go to work i'm tired.. not wanting to get fired here.
the rest tomorrow.

also i don't know if escho and perry are buds. I doubt it. gut.
Les Guilelesser
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Les Guilelesser
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Les Guilelesser »

Mist7676 wrote:UNVOTE YOURSELF BEFORE MAFIA PULLS A QUICK HAMMER!!!
This is Mists's quick reaction in regard to PeRrY.
I would like to listen to Mists's explanation why PeRrY is Town.

Mist, It is not directly asserted, but it seems to be implied in the quote above "PeRrY and you are buddies"(scumbuddies?)
When buying or selling you can hardly avoid sin. So, in either case, be sure you lose a little in the transaction.
(Evagrius the Solitary)
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by dysorder »

Kcdaspot wrote: next post though i don't think he explained it well enough. les may have something here. i'm going say null to slight scum. and i'm keeping an eye on him.
Unsure what you're trying to say there, I didn't explain what well enough? The very same point I was making in the post before that?
Kcdaspot wrote: Those last 3 sentences are directed at les... voting someone to l-2 and then calling them town in the same post.. is this typical IC play?
No, he mentions post #76 which is Inspiratieloos decent sized post with no vote. That's who he's referring to with the town read, at that stage. Of course, Nacho then does seem to flip within a moment's notice that Les is town.

What are your opinions on Hazard and Inspira, since you seem to be handing out your reads at the very last minute?
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

I wasnt trying to post from my phone so much, but now I'm done with phone, but i need it right now to post this cause i think I might have to go on a short vacation since I got my computer taken away. I give it 2 to 3 days max

@kcdi do care about the town, but if I have to go i have to go. you control if I live or not. I'm probably going to get killed in the coming days/nights
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Mist7676 »

I don't really think PeRrY is town or mafia. I'm neutral on the subject. But younever know. Maf can pick up a quick hammer on him and pretend they didn't know he voted. I have seen it done before (Not Here) Everyone is asking how I could have a slight scumread on Les and then 1 post and I know he is scum. I had like a 30/70 on him but that post knocked it up because it was so fucking scummy. 70/30 it took a reverse. After a while I am reading his posts and i notice he is looking a little more town so now he is at 60/40.

I'm starting to think Nacho is more scum. He keeps on switching views
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Kcdaspot

There comes a time when playing a game when you have to rely on your gut. And my gut is screaming that Perry is town from those last two posts. So, my next suspect is Kcda. I'm voting him because he unvoted back in his ISO #8, saying that he wouldn't offer reads until page 5. He STILL hasn't given us those reads, and he STILL hasn't voted because he didn't want to put the last two popular wagons {Les, Perry} to L-1. This is the height of scum opportunism because it demonstrates pretty nicely that he's only looking at the main wagons without a care for anywhere else. It was also pretty scummy when he posted a town newb read on Les, then immediately recanted that read based on ONE post once Les started falling under heavier pressure and it became more likely he would be lynched.
First he thought Les was scum than switched without warning to PeRrY and completly forgot about Les. Now he switched tp Kcd because of his "gut." Also if your switching to Kcd after getting a scum read on Les after 1 post like I did, do you have the same scum read on me? Because if you do you are more focusing on whoever might be the easiest lynch, which is a mafia tactic.
You Are Worth It
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

round two? tonight... this is what i get for dicking around on youtube...
I work everyday from 4 to whenever i get done.

9$/hr

not a bad gig I should be back by 6 at the latest. I'll probably knock out 2 ISO before then. right now? shower.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:04 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

@mist But why would kcda be an easy lynch? Also, he could have easily pushed the Les wagon, so that isn't the reason to switch votes. Dysorders theory of keeping the lunatic alive is more likely than that.

Then again, maybe he did think Les would be an easy lynch, then realised that Les is more pro-scum than pro-town and went for Perry, then realising that he doesn't have enough support try for kcda> applying Occams Razor> For now I say that his behaviour isn't necessarily scummy.
I think maf!Nacho going for an easy lynch would have tried for a case on mist, she has the most individual posts that can be used against her.

I'd really like to hear some more from Escho, apart from putting some suspicion on mist and some participation in Les bashing he hasn't really done anything.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

KAY THEN

HwaG? HwaG!

not much here... likes the les wagon after disagreeing somewhat in the same post. i assume he got ninja'd by les. though i hate that vote on les... what was the reason for that? i miss it.

OH WOW
HwaG wrote:Do I really need to explain how obvious itvm is why Im voting les or something?
Fact is, even if he is town he isn't any help. I don't see why we should drag it.
Every post he has made are spoken as if he knows who all the townies are and how the game will play out. He probably is not only a newbie, but also scum.
Now that I see that les as town that is THE WORST POST i've thus far. check out the bolded. "if he's town lynch him anyway so we can get on with it"? WOW.

vote hop to inspire, then a vote hop to perry.

are you TRYING to follow the wagon?
and then he unvotes beacause it was a "pressure vote"
read: TOP SCUM
and on that UNVOTE:

I'm finishing my reads before I vote. but you have just earned my attention good sir.

Inspira: null-town. lots of content. little activity as far as votes go... I'd like to see your reads as far as everyone in this game. ISO post 17 is odd, it's a case defense. that's about it. scumhunt moar

Mist: this is not your usual play. at the beginning you are your usual spastic self but you can tell she thinking about the game more. i can't pin down weather this is a town or scum meta tell. reading... her usual self on the cop thing I say had she persued it further i'd look at that different. I like the reads post sha gave in her ISO 22. it's a very clear list on how she stands.

her latest post has more content then ANY of her games thus far... I can't tell where she's coming from.. she's scumhunting a little, and caring about the game...

A cautious null read on her. we'll see how this goes later on.

and hey i'm done!
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

apology to nacho. i misread the quote stripes there. i'm switching it to null-town on him.
everything else is cool...

i was talking about your actions dys that post was a defense from les i believe.

annnnd VOTE: HwaG
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:46 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 7

Les Guilelesser 2 - Mist,dysorder
PeRrY 1 - Les
Kcdaspot 1 -Nacho
Hazard 1 - Kcdaspot

Not voting

inspiratieloos
PeRrY
Escho
Hazard

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline Saturday 19th March 10AM EST
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Kcd if we r using meta here than you are scum!! Also those other games i replaced in and didnt read behind so I kinda sucked. The one i started was more like a troll game with Cirno and u around :D

Also I see kcd spot as an easy lynch becuz he sort of hides in the back of things and lays low.

Also we have to make sure we don't split up our votes. If we do we might end up in a no lynch which I think no one wants today.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Also I'm going through ISO's later and scum hunting BRB
You Are Worth It
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Escho »

/prodded.

Guys hang in there, I'm just going through people's iso.
Show
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Escho »

I'll try to do ISO on everyone when i get the chance and then make my mind up (idk when i'll be done with the ISO).

First is Inspiratieloos
My vote on Perry won't be going anywhere for now so,
Unvote: Perry
Vote: Escho
What?
Nacho is too sure of not getting lynched at the moment because of his ICness, I say we go after one of the SEs for now.

Mist, why would you even suggest that a cop claims on D1? Either he'll die or he'll get roleblocked and we lose all his usefulness for the game. Unless we just happen to have setup 1 and just happen to lynch the roleblocker. What good is knowing the setup when your power roles are dead/useless? Especially since the mafia will already know the exact setup when the cop claims.
Then you say you wanted to kill him while you claim that you thought he would die N1 anyway setting us all up for WIFOM, you also say you have experience playing this game...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mist
I'm just curious about the underlined bit - Why do you have to go after the SEs when there are other newbie players in the game? Is it because they have more experience and can find the scum better, cuz well I cant see why you would choose SE over newbies to lynch.
I don't really see anything that suspicious right now, Les Guilelessers vote is strange, but more in a VI than scummy way.
Escho and Hazard have been too quiet, but Hazard promises to be better and Escho is away for now.

And UNVOTE: Mist for now, I'm not sure who to vote at the moment

Why did you decide to unvote mist? I cant see any problem keeping your vote on someone who you think is scummy - overcautious?
Question: Is there any reason for me not to hammer Les once someone puts him at L-1 (yes, I'm vindictive )

I really shouldn't do this... Les I'm not 100% sure you are scum, more like 90% (I have however already decided to try and get you policy lynched if we ever play again together if you flip town), but more than 25% is good enough for a lynch D1 so:......No.....Must.....Save.....To.....Hammer....
If Les is scum I'm definitely not his scumbuddy, I hope that's obvious. If he is town and I were scum I would have voted him at post 76 and if not then definitely post 133. After it looked like he finally might start doing something productive after a lot of prodding, but then decided that his opinions were worth more without argumentation.
Why do you want to be the one to hammer him...? You can just place your vote on Les if you thought he was so scummy. And the last quote just looks like a horrible attempt to distance yourself from Les - why you might do this, well if Les was your partner and he was hammered by you no one would suspect you...I think.

Inspiratieloos - throughout the whole game you only voted me and mist...and left out Les who you think is the most scummy for now. You've provided some good analysis on people i agree but I just feel like you are too reluctant to vote people which may be because you are afraid you might attract unnecessary attention.
Show

Mahatma Gandhi

Sex is like air. You don't realize it's importance unless you're not getting some.

Anonymous
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Escho »

Onto HWAG

Ermmm nothing much really...he posts a lot of one liners with barely any content.

One thing I'm finding suspicious is the fact that he never provides reasons of his own to vote people and he also unvotes people so easily.

Looks like he wants to seem as if he is an active participant and hide under people's radar.
Show

Mahatma Gandhi

Anonymous
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Escho »

Lol at perry...

ABSOLUTE FLUFF - all he talks about is how he cant go on the comp the whole freakin time.

I really dont know what to say about him... If you think that you dying will help the town just try to get modkilled/ask for a replacement please.
Show

Mahatma Gandhi

Anonymous
Escho
Escho
Goon
Escho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Escho »

Bleh I'm just gonna condense everything down into one post - sorry for like 5 posts in a row guys.

Mist7676 - Gut feeling that she is Mafia. Nothing so scummy other than the stuff I posted about her a while ago.

Les - VI.

KC - Just null read actually. Nothing that makes him scummy for me.

Dysorder - I really like his posts and I think he is town.

Nacho - Good analysis and questions throughout the game (shows lots of experience!) but I'm lost as to why he would suddenly follow his gut.

I think that's everyone?

For now imma VOTE: Inspiratieloos also
FOS HWAG
Show

Mahatma Gandhi

Anonymous
PeRrY-_-
PeRrY-_-
Townie
PeRrY-_-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by PeRrY-_- »

Escho wrote:Lol at perry...

ABSOLUTE FLUFF - all he talks about is how he cant go on the comp the whole freakin time.

I really dont know what to say about him... If you think that you dying will help the town just try to get modkilled/ask for a replacement please.
uummmmmmm, no. i have not only talked about me "not getting on the computer" the whole time. maybe a 1/3 of the time.

and on the me getting killed part, i really dont have anyway to counter what people are saying, i think this means i should take debate next year for school >.> im horrible at saying why or whynot people should get lynched

oh and quick question, what does ISO mean?
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Something about ISOlation. It is where you only look at one person's post. Go to the bottom and look at the View Posts by : and choose who you want to check. Currently in should say all members or something
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

My first ISO is going to be Perry.

Excuse Block
Right here I'm jost posting his excuses.
PeRrY-_- wrote: Hey guys, just checking the votes really quick since I'm on my phone and I'll look at it more when I get a chance, so I'll vote later
Excuse for Voting Later (on his phone)
PeRrY-_- wrote: all right, I actually made it to a computer (finnaly) even though it's super late, ill try to post a couple time a day at least, and ill stay away from super long storys :P
Excuse for not

Mod note:Quotes fixed
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

WAIT I WASNT DONE!!
You Are Worth It

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”