crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:03 am

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Really TS? You don't even give RBT a chance to respond?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

town just don't play like RBT did

that's just the simple fact

anyways, there's only so long I can wait and so much pressure for a hammer I can stand
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:20 am

9 hours from when you asked RBT to claim and she has yet to post. You could have at least waited for a claim. There was no rush.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

crazypianist1116 wrote:9 hours from when you asked RBT to claim and she has yet to post. You could have at least waited for a claim. There was no rush.
RBT wasn't going to claim. She had ample time to.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Seriously, this town is poor at best.

And no, I wasn't going to claim, there was
NO
case.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 3.6
Riceballtail (5) - AGar, Parama, DemonHybrid, crazypianist1116, TwistedSpoon

Bub Bidderskins (1) - Oso
TwistedSpoon (1) - Sundy
AGar (1) - Riceballtail
Oso (1) - Bub Bidderskins

Not Voting (0) - No one

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch, 4 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 11:30pm 21st March GMT+10.30.

Oso
is V/LA until Tuesday 15th March.

Lynch has been reached!

Some drank to celebrate a successful lynching, others drank to drown their sorrows of good friends who were no longer with them. But they were bored, and alcohol seemed like something to kill the time.

Being drunk was a curious effect, it seemed to numb some pain, yet highlight the successes.

Only,
nearly
everyone forgot that they didn't have the ability to urinate. Riceballtail in her drunken stupor decided to try anyways, but seemed to fail to grasp the general concept of using a toilet. She attempted to try to sit on the toilet, but amazingly enough forgot to put the toilet seat down. As a result, she was stuck backside first in the toilet, but really didn't seem to want to attempt to get out, and decided to take a little nap instead.

And it seemed the perfect opportunity had arisen. The goldfish had spent all day debating on who to eliminate, and with Riceballtail in such a vulnerable position, who could resist such a temptation. And to top it off, it would be a story they could tell their grand-kids one day, if they managed to remember it.

So they flushed the toilet. Possibly after tending to their digestive systems needs first ... water was precious here after all, and it would be shameful to waste a flush.

And down went Riceballtail to discover where everything that is flushed down the toilet goes.

Riceballtail,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Day 3.

Last edited by Enigma on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Enigma »

Parama had been bullied as a baby monkey, and now as a fully grown monkey, the same tormentors were still griefing him.

He had tried everything to make them stop, the adults laughed at him and participated in the tormenting, and every time he cried, the bullying intensified. He couldn't withstand much more. He had no choice but to exile himself from the rest of the monkey community.

But he had been brainwashed by his master, and he knew he still had a goal to accomplish, but he would just do it without the help of the others.

Exiling himself from everyone else matured him into a new ape, and his determination higher than ever. He would train and punish his body to the extremes, so no one from his old monkey community would ever dare to mock him again, and he alone would be strong enough to conquer the feat his master had set. And maybe they would build a statue of him and worship him too, or he could also intimate them into doing so... what ever works.

His training was relentless, and his muscles developed accordingly. A body like this would shame Mr. Schwarzenegger.

But unfortunately, he was all grunt no brains. He forgot one important fact ... muscle doesn't float.

So he sank to the bottom of the fishbowl, all alone ... in the darkness ... no one cared. And there he passed on (by drowning of course).

Parama,
Mafia Traitor
, killed Night 3.

Day 4 begins now!

Votecount 4.0
Not Voting (7) - Oso, Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, AGar, TwistedSpoon, Sundy, crazypianist1116

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch, 3 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 11:30pm 29th March GMT+10.30.
Last edited by Enigma on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:33 am

Post by AGar »

Well that made things interesting.

My best guess says we're in really good position right now. We should have 2 tries before we hit lylo, I would think. It strikes me as highly unlikely that we started with 3 scum + 1 traitor, as that gives us ~2/3 mislynches to work with, depending on how things work out. Even without a recruited traitor, 3 mafiosos gives scum a pretty good position to go into a mylo-esque situation on D2.

If anyone has anything exciting from the night actions, now would be an optimal time to tell us, as we (again - by my own estimates) should be in a 6:1 scenario.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Parama »

*sigh*
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Sundy »

So how does that work? Traitor knows mafia but not vice versa so they killed him accidentally?
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:19 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Willing to bet that it's someone that Parama was feuding with at some point during the game. I get the vibe that whoever killed him did it out of fear.

Analysis to come after classes.

You want this one.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

And Parama called me the traitor at one point >_>
DemonHybrid wrote:Willing to bet that it's someone that Parama was feuding with at some point during the game.
If it's wroth mentioning Parama voted Oso last day, and Oso probably would have been lynched if I didn't get nervous.

Anyways, why would the mafia let me, a confirmed townie live? I can't think why unless they saw me as helpful to them. Oso perhaps?

I'm looking at oso right now, but remember this could be just Mafia WIFOM :/

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

this is why I love being townie, when mafia mess up.

~Screwtape
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Oso »

Post to let everyone know that I am no longer V/LA.

Don't like this. As in, I don't automatically agree with the assumption, not that I think it is scummy.
Agar wrote:Well that made things interesting.

My best guess says we're in really good position right now. We should have 2 tries before we hit lylo, I would think. It strikes me as highly unlikely that we started with 3 scum + 1 traitor, as that gives us ~2/3 mislynches to work with, depending on how things work out. Even without a recruited traitor, 3 mafiosos gives scum a pretty good position to go into a mylo-esque situation on D2.

If anyone has anything exciting from the night actions, now would be an optimal time to tell us, as we (again - by my own estimates) should be in a 6:1 scenario.
6:1 is like AGar says. 4:1 come tomorrow, 2:1 LyLo come Day 6 if no scum are lynched.

5:2 means LyLo tomorrow if we mis-lynch today.

Point being, play to the second while hoping for the first and start lynching right today.

@TS. It's not WIFOM really. But consider this, killing you confirms your motivations. That can be considered by some to strengthen my claim since you risked a lynch of yourself by doing it. Keeping you alive puts both of our claims in doubt. Mine because the case could be made that you are town that backed off my lynch for townie reasons and that is being taken advantage of. Yours because you used gambit to save a townie for cred that paid off.

The first is more likely than the second, in my opinion, from every POV but mine. But overall, scum get more doubt in the game by leaving us both alive if we are both town because when your alignment is confirmed as town, my claim is auto-strengthened to a certain extent because you had no scum motivation for what you did. A case could certainly be made that you were wrong to back off and I am still scum, but having a townie almost take the rope to save you is a pretty powerful tool in the hands of the person you did it for.

The opposite is true. As scum, you would get even further cred by having me NKed at some point but not the night after you saved me. That borders on too transparent. But testing that means at least one more night.

So right now, from where I stand, you are still town and by using some similar reasoning as above, I'm starting to think that my case on Bub may not be as cut and dried as I thought it was. Checking that during day as I work.

[pre-edit]
I don't think scum screwed up by NKing Parama, at least not intentionally. That it happened tends to make me think that we are in a 5:2 at the moment rather than a 6:1.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Oso wrote:Yours because you used gambit to save a townie for cred that paid off.
I saved a townie fro cred? :igmeou:

Seriously, I still don't know even now If you're townie.

All I said was that the oso wagon was going at an alarming rate.
I unvoted and that distacted attention from you to me.

Then, I believed I was hammered since Agar said he had hammered. Thus I posted my after-game thoughts and became a confirmed townie.
There was no-way I knew this was going to happen, and certainly didn't save you to increase my 'Cred'

seriously >_>

~Screwtape
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:43 am

DemonHybrid wrote:Willing to bet that it's someone that Parama was feuding with at some point during the game. I get the vibe that whoever killed him did it out of fear.

Analysis to come after classes.
Funnily enough, that was you during Day 3 as well as Oso and Sundy. He attacked me during Day 1, but he dropped that attack during day 3. I do however find this curious:
Parama wrote:some late D1/early D2 posts make me believe crazy is town, and Sundy's really the only other person besides crazy who could be scum, so.... Oso/Sundy team it is. GG guys, if you want to play with me in another, just /in in the queue after I do :>
Possibly Oso and Sundy are the scum team and he was trying to get drafted by them.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Oso »

Twistedspoon wrote: Then, I believed I was hammered since Agar said he had hammered. Thus I posted my after-game thoughts and became a confirmed townie.
There was no-way I knew this was going to happen, and certainly didn't save you to increase my 'Cred'

seriously >_>
Quit being so defensive, seriously. And read what I posted above.

Start thinking as to why things are happening as they are rather than just reacting every time you see your name in post with anything that could be interpreted as an accusation.

Pull yourself out of the game for a second and read it like you are not a participant.

The main points of my post
  • I think assuming a 5:2 is safer than assuming a 6:1 at this point
  • Because of how I would be playing this game were I scum , I think that you are still town...
    "So right now, from where I stand, you are still town..."

• Using a variation of that thinking has caused me to doubt my read on Bub....
    "...by using some similar reasoning as above, I'm starting to think that my case on Bub may not be as cut and dried as I thought it was."
I even acknowledged that you being alive was more likely from an Oso(scum) viewpoint. The WIFOM you put forth, really isn't because keeping us both alive
weakens
the other's claim. The second we get a town flip on either you or me, the other becomes almost unlynchable. That goes to you more than it does me. Because of the unlikelyhood of TS(scum) gambiting like I described, TS(strong town) becomes TS(iron clad town) on my flip. Only way to kill you is by NKing rather than lynching. That doesn't apply to me but my claim is strengthened by your town flip. Both are results that scum would wish to avoid if they could. I'm still lynchable material. Much more than you are. But scum teams aren't known for limiting options until they have to. They NK people who they can gain the most advantage out of being gone.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

talk more about your Bub suspicions

~Screwtape
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Oso »

Basic overview:

I think Bub is scum, Bub thinks I am scum. Over and above the normal "
well, it is Mafia, anyone could be scum
". If one of us is scum, who
DON'T
we want in LyLo with us should we get that far? That would the other person. If either of us is in a 3 person LyLo and scum, it's a town win.

Conclusion: Bub may not be scum and that gets stronger, from my POV, the longer I remain un-NKed. I know my alignment and the longer both of us (Bub and I) are in the game, still breathing, the higher likelihood Bub is town. It's not going to be auto-town by any means but that thought will carry more and more weight in deciding when to dismiss something as null rather than calling it scummy as I go back over things. Not saying that I still wouldn't go ahead and vote Bub in 3 person LyLo even now, but it's not going to be a 'slam-dunk' decision to lynch like it would have been yesterday.

Most of this is prompted by Parama's NK and his flip as the traitor. I'm currently trying to repair a mental disconnect over that one and it caused a basic disruption in how I thought this game was playing out.
-
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Oso wrote: Bub may not be scum and that gets stronger, from my POV, the longer I remain un-NKed. I know my alignment and the longer both of us (Bub and I) are in the game, still breathing, the higher likelihood Bub is town.
WIFOM?

anyways, you still haven't said what abour Bub makes you suspicious other than that he thinks you're scum. Without explaining it just looks like omgus :/

~Screwtape
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:48 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I'm thinking Oso is town. He's a competent scum player and him going out on a limb like this to go after Bub and picking up suspicion along the way is indicative of townish behavior, though I believe his read is wrong. Bub's acted town all game.

I'll give some of my reads.

Twisted: Town. Twisted is rather new and I don't think that he would have played it cool when he thought he was lynched if he was scum. Feigning town as scum until your flip is a rather underrated advanced tactic, and TS just came out looking extremely town after that.

Oso: Town, as explained above.

Bub: Townish. I've played with scum Bub and he's a rather lurky, slippy fellow. Perhaps it's gut, but I don't really think that his return towards Oso has been that scummy, and I get a purely town vs town vibe from them both.

That leaves CP, AGar and Sundy.

And upon some further digging, Sundy has a few indications pointing towards him being scum.

1. his prod
2. his absence on the Akira wagon, like a Cecily light. This is more on the null side, given Cecily's town flip
3. His bickering with Parama, and Parama's death.

Vote: Sundy

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:51 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

EBWOP: *like Cecily, but the lite version.

AGar is suspect, but he's had some really outward plays and I don't think that's his style when it comes to him being scum, but he's fooled me before. CP....I'm not really sure on, since there is that beginning of the game post-RVS fiasco of his that is still on the table, but he's kind of rather improved since then and I don't think my read on him in any case is that stable. Sundy's the best bet as to where my vote will go.

Sundy's prod is weird because he's the only one in the game to have gotten one and, while it's not a pure indication of scumminess, it's a little weird in this context.

You want this one.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Oso »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Oso wrote: Bub may not be scum and that gets stronger, from my POV, the longer I remain un-NKed. I know my alignment and the longer both of us (Bub and I) are in the game, still breathing, the higher likelihood Bub is town.
WIFOM?

anyways, you still haven't said what abour Bub makes you suspicious other than that he thinks you're scum.
Without explaining it just looks like omgus :/
The bold. I did all that yesterday and I'm not going to rehash/restate it here now.

It starts here and continues here. No follows ups because I got busy for a few days with work and had little time for entertainment.

As to WIFOM? You seem to like that phrase a lot. It is not the Holy Grail of Mafia. Breifly: Things have happened that have caused me doubt my overall reads on Bub. Not discard them, just doubt them. Leading to re-examination. But that "WIFOM" train thought you seem to think I have
will
carry some weight in my re-examination all the way to game over. Either here in the game or just watching after my death.
-
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Sundy »

Stop it DH.

1. I got a prod because that was the first weekend of spring break. :eek: I'm sorry guys, but it's not a scum-tell.
2. I wasn't absent from the Akira wagon, I put him back at L-1 right after Cecily unvoted. You already made this mistake, and corrected yourself in the post right after.
3. There were lots of people fighting with him, notably you, and I was one of the people pointing out he was scummy (and as you clarified so often, you were not doing this during your feud). Why would I do that if looking for a traitor?? Also I don't get why Pianist suggested Parama would finger the scum-team openly in the thread. However I do agree he was trying to be recruited by mentioning the traitor so often if you look back over his early posts.

@Oso: "I don't think scum screwed up by NKing Parama" -- I don't understand this statement, can you elaborate? Why would they have wanted to kill him if they knew he was on their team? Also is it guaranteed that scum killed him as opposed to a vigilante or something? (I'm not used to this set-up)
@Agar: I don't get why you're being so optimistic and telling us we have nothing to worry about
@TS: Stop saying you're town! I would believe you more if you didn't say it so often. :?
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

On the one hand I'm not sure DH's reasons on sundy hold much water. Basing your two townie reads off of past games seems slightly weak to me. It's evidence which we can't challenge

On the other hand It's hard to accuse DH of anything since he started the akira wagon (although that being said it was Parama, the mafia traitor, who found the scumslip) :/

I'll have to look elsewhere for now =|

~Screwtape

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”