ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

AlmasterGM wrote:
Wraith wrote:I'd prefer to not break the game, guys.
lol hi scumbag.
I would rather play a game as it is meant to be played than break it, that's just my preference. I hardly think this sort of thing is a scumtell.

In any case:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:I'd guess that Reaper hasn't left a fucking hole the size of Chicago in his set-up that would allow breaking Day
This
Nachomamma8 wrote:The mass 40% won't work because it only affects specialized role actions, not factional ones.
And this.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

GummyBear wrote:
I like this Magua character
Watch out - he'll eat your heart if you aren't careful. :P
DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, can we know ReaperCharlie's alignment? You forgot to mention it.
Um, scumslip?

vote: dgb
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:26 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kublai Khan wrote:People piling on DrippingGoofball for making a joke?
It wasn't a very good joke. Tough crowd in here.
Exe wrote:You know what won the game for town in Frenzy mafia? A ThAdmiral wagon. A ThAdmiral wagon is
always
a good plan.

Vote:ThAdmiral
NB: Thadmiral was town in Frenzy mafia, was wagoned twice but didn't get lynched, and thereafter was influential in lynching the rest of the scum.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:
ThAd wrote:and thereafter was influential in lynching the rest of the scum.
Uhuh..right after I discovered the connections between the obv volo and the less obv tragedy and shotty. :IGMEOY:
Don't get your panties in a twist. You were influential
as well
Magua wrote:UT, please elaborate on the scumslip you see in DGB's #55. I don't like either Kublai Khan's or curiouskarmadog's reactions to it as well. Oddly enough, fine with ThAdmiral's reaction.
He asked for the alignment of someone who was a citizen. I know from my pm that it is
fairly
bleedingly obvious what alignment a citizen is.
Toogeloo wrote:
Strike: MagnaOfIllusion

Out of the RDS we go!
Do you realise:
a) you can't take that back
b) that was your one and only allowed strike for the day
Toogeloo wrote:The Vote system is also silly because it is a simple way to control player's striking. I have now made it so that more people will either strike me or Magna if we are going to make it through this day with a "lynch," otherwise we all now have a wasted strike on a player.
So your plan is to forcibly take control of the strike system for yourself?
That's much better than the vote system.[/sarcasm]
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Spread your cheeks and prepare for a brutal ramming from the hard dick of reality.
Lol.
Magua wrote:
Hrezs wrote:Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
This is scum going for the easy points: "I disagree so much with what Toogeloo did that I'm pondering doing it to him, too." Note also that it's unaccompanied by a vote.
Agreed.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lady Lambdadelta and DrippingGoofball are valuable town assets regardless of their alignment. One for her uncanny talent to detect mafia as proven by the large theme OoT and the other for her incredibly charismatic ability to lead a wagon to its swift conclusion with a honeyed voice and sense of humor unique to her own. I would have both players in my corner until an entire faction is destroyed. Plus, if they are SKs I avoid a nightkill for buddying to them. I am bi-winning.
On the other hand the factions you start to put pressure on will probably kill you. So you might be bi-dying before too long.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kublai Khan wrote:Hey, you know what makes me really enjoy games? Winning. Do you know why people try to figure out if they can game-break games? Because they are looking for the optimal way to win.

AGar, are you going to sit there and tell me you never visited the special warp room in Super Mario Brothers? Or used the Contra Code? Typed "iddqd"? Used Game Genie? A crack? Opened an editor?

Liar.
Do you also get that not
everybody
plays to win, and only to win?
To put it another way - do you
always
use god mode cheats in games?
Toogeloo wrote:For all those who hate my strike... fuck you.
As if you couldn't predict what the response would be. You're doing this just to get attention. Congratulations on succeeding.
Friend wrote:I still can't shake my feeling that the strike is a complete null-tell. It's anti-town and stupid, but those things != scummy, necessarily.
Yes, but it's so obviously anti-town and stupid that it goes all the way round past "reckless town" to being scum again, imo.
Toogeloo wrote:
Kise wrote:The chances are high as hell that both the players to your left and right are scum.
Exactly the reason why allowing a majority of players to control how we strike is a BAD IDEA.
But it's not like the multiple scum factions are going to be working together solely against town. They all want to hunt each other down just as much as the town does.

Furthermore with that large a percentage of scum, as you point out, isn't it much more likely for us to hit one with a reasoned vote and strike than with a coin-flip?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Your avatar scares me Albert.
Always has.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:
Thad wrote:Do you also get that not everybody plays to win, and only to win?
To put it another way - do you always use god mode cheats in games?
You're avoiding the point really, and it sounds like you're really rushing in for the Wraith defense. If/when Wraith flips scum, I'm looking at you next.
I don't think I'm avoiding the point - some people think not wanting to break the game is a scumtell, I don't. It's a playstyle preference.

Also you forgot to mention Agar who according to your logic must be in the same "scumgroup" with me an wraith.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:51 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

AGar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ThAdmiral

Nice deflection there.
I wasn't deflecting. I was pointing out a flaw in his logic, and also showing that he was being inconsistent.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:54 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

AGar wrote:That's deflecting.
Do you think he's right? Are you, me and wraith all on the same scumteam?

If anything I think
you
are acting suspicious because you're getting all hot under the collar after I said your name and the word "scumteam" in the same sentence.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:He asked for the alignment of someone who was a citizen. I know from my pm that it is fairly bleedingly obvious what alignment a citizen is.
Yet the nature of all alignments and flip colors are shown clearly on the Wiki page for this game. So how is it a tell when everyone, including scum, have full access to that information?
He may not have been paying attention. In any case I would be much happier for dgb to speak for himself.
Exe wrote:@ThAd: AGar hit the nail on the head. Your deflection is noted.
And AGar has a completely different attitude towards it than you. You are two different people, and so you both read differently.
Your inconsistency is noted.

In fact...
vote: exe
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:@LOL at ThAd.
Are you going to claim that you and Agar are exactly alike? Because unless you can prove that, there is no inconsistency.
You had me as scum because I was defending wraith's position on not wanting to break the game, right? If anything AGar was defending wraith's position
more strongly
than I was.

@ everyone:
Check out friend, he's done a bunch of weird stuff so far including:
- voting wraith for playstyle choice (obv he wasn't the only one guilty of this)
- defending toogeloo because the action was "anti-town but not scummy" (not actual quote, paraphrased)
- claiming gummy had been lurking after 2 days
- thinks bunnylover is "scum most likely" (actual quote) but keeps his vote on hrezs. Reason he voted hrezs in the first place? Hasn't supplied one.
- In fact points out that others (such as exe) have been contributing just as little as hrezs. Still keeps vote on hrezs.

vote: friend
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Well I must admit I didn't notice you doing it, but I did notice him doing it.

In fact I don't think you are right. You haven't defended toogeloo, you said he was an idiot and to be ignored. Plus you've given reasons for voting hrezs rather than just jumped on him opportunistically.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

AGar wrote:You did?

I couldn't care less. I'm just saying you're pushing attention away from yourself to someone else because they did the same thing. It's straight up deflection.
I guess the other main reason I reject the deflection claim is that I don't think what I was doing was scummy, and therefore I don't think what you were doing was scummy either. I was bringing you up to say "look: other people have said this as well and they aren't scummy either".

You're reaction, however, is another story.
AGar wrote:Dear god that Friend case was awful.
Well, since you clearly think my case is so shit, I'm sure you're about to school me in how to propose a really excellent case...
AGar wrote:Hrezs is really bad. Like.. really really bad.
...or not.
Friend wrote:ABR basically said what I had to say in response to this. This is a pretty baseless case. I also didn't call out Gummy for lurking - it was more towards ObliviousDruidMuncher and Baby Spice. I still think it was a valid concern.

Am I not allowed to scumhunt if my vote on is on another player? That's also not the problem I have with Exe, by the way. It seems like you're just skimming the thread.
I didn't realize about the other hydras, so fair enough there.
You are certainly allowed to scumhunt, but you've given much greater inclinations that you find bunny scum over hrezs scum. Are you voting hrezs because there is more support for a hrezs lynch, and therefore more likely to be lynched? Or because you find him more likely to be scum?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:18 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:Also:
ThAd wrote:You had me as scum because I was defending wraith's position on not wanting to break the game, right? If anything AGar was defending wraith's position more strongly than I was.
No, I had you as scum conditionally with Wraith, because I detected that your
intention
(keyword here, you should take note of this) when arguing against him was defense.
Agar on the other hand, I read as having the
intention
of calling a wagon stupid.
See how
inentions
can be different even though actions are the same? This is mafia: if we read everyone on purely actions, we'd be lynching every townie who didn't play absolutely perfect.
Actions are important, but not nearly important as intentions.
You can argue all day that you and Agar are the same, but the fact is that your attitudes seemed different, and therefore your intentions seemed different.
This actually makes sense. Fair enough.
Exe wrote:Now, however, your case on Friend....it's lulzy.
Gosh. Everyone hates my case...
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:In fact points out that others (such as exe) have been contributing just as little as hrezs. Still keeps vote on hrezs.
I see not one comment about Hrezs in your ISO. What do you think of him?
I found him scummy at the start for his non-committal posting, but since then he's done nothing but try to defend himself, so I am not confident in being able to get a read on him.

In a related note I have an interesting theory that I have developed regarding how lynches will work in this game. It's entirely impractical but I thought I might as well say it:
Basically because there is a lot of scum in this game I believe easy lynches are going to occur much more frequently. This is because scum will generally be happy with any lynch that is not of their own member. I am not suggesting all the scum are going to pile on every lynch, but I certainly think we won't be seeing as many divisive views on most wagons as you would in other games. My theory, therefore, is to discard the first bandwagon of the day as any subsequent bandwagon, comprised of a core of the people who weren't on the original bandwagon, will be inherently less scummy (or scum-driven) than the first one.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:31 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Friend wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Basically because there is a lot of scum in this game I believe easy lynches are going to occur much more frequently. This is because scum will generally be happy with any lynch that is not of their own member. I am not suggesting all the scum are going to pile on every lynch, but I certainly think we won't be seeing as many divisive views on most wagons as you would in other games. My theory, therefore, is to discard the first bandwagon of the day as any subsequent bandwagon, comprised of a core of the people who weren't on the original bandwagon, will be inherently less scummy (or scum-driven) than the first one.
So you are anti-Hrezs wagon?
Yes.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Friend wrote:Admiral, are you anti-wagon because of your. theory, or because you think Hrezx is town?
Mainly the theory to be honest.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:I found him scummy at the start for his non-committal posting, but since then he's done nothing but try to defend himself, so I am not confident in being able to get a read on him.
Um, whut?

1. You initially found him scummy for non-committal posting.
2. Since then he’s done nothing but play defense.
3. This leads you to a conclusion of Null?

Unless you are saying solely playing defense is a Town tell (and I would like to see you confirm this if so) then I don’t understand this thought process at all.
The scummy non-committal posting is, imo, the only real point against him, and it's not a very strong one imo. So I don't feel I can confidently state whether he is scum or town.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Note for future reference
– ThAd’s ‘theory’ on wagons leads me to believe that he might well be aligned with Hrezs (Skull Crusher, Night Rider or Inner Circle).
I figured someone would say this, and there is nothing I can really say to refute this. I understand that it looks like I am defending him, but it is more a case of me just honestly believing in my theory.
Apart from that all I can say is that I may be aligned with him, but only if he is also town. :cool:
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Baby Spice wrote:If the inner circle are scum, and as far as I'm concerned they are, then there's 11 scum.
If you think the IC are town then there's 10. Who here would think the IC are town? They have a non town win con for starters.

Ergo, someone thinks the IC aren't scum, and there for is a good chance to be one.
As LL said - ridiculous conjecture.
How is getting the numbers wrong a scum-tell?
Baby Spice wrote:Isn't mucking up the scum numbers a clasic scum tell?
I'd never actually heard of it as a scum-tell tbh.
Magua wrote:Look: Is there anyone who's *against* lynching Hrezs? Anyone who does not think this is a good lynch?
*Raises hand timidly*

I was saying boo-urns...
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

camn wrote:I'm gathering data from this DGB-wagon.
Besides, I want a daykill. If we rush, then we might miss it, no?

What I don't understand is why this daySK hasn't killed yet. What's the hangup?
There was the discovery that we could only block and lynch on certain days:
Magua wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Now the question that begs to be asked: on which days can we roleblock and lynch?
As I said in my previous posts: Days where the number of living players is evenly divisible by 5.

Eg, 20 players: 40% to roleblock => 8, 60% to lynch => 12, can both lynch and roleblock.
Then there was an appeal to the dsk:
Nachomamma8 wrote:So, I've been thinking about the roleblock + lynch mechanic, and because we have 5 factions with the ability to kill (if you include the town), chances are we won't be able to have lynch + roleblock days, unless one of the kills don't go through. So, I propose to the DSK that he hold onto his shot for today because it will benefit both factions. We can't roleblock you, so you don't have to worry about our extra ability harming you. We can roleblock the scum that's trying to shoot/frame you though, meaning that you'll have a higher chance of survival until later in the game.
Perhaps the dsk listened and decided to be helpful.

Or perhaps the dsk just forgot/is absent.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In other, more important, news...

I am not unhappy with the strikes on DGB in that it goes along with my theory of optimal lynching. However if I am being honest I think DGB's reactions would indicate she is not lying and is indeed town.
It doesn't matter though, we have crossed the rubicon, are past the point of no return.

I'd rather not strike her. I feel there will be enough others to get the job done anyway.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

If she isn't dead by tomorrow I'll do it then.
Why are we in such a rush?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

camn wrote:I slightly agree with tooogloo.
Looking back, a lot if night action analysis can get done if we have a lot of people openly rileblocked on certain nights.
PLUS I don't think we are going to LACK for carnage these first few nights.... So why not?

Rampage? What say you? I say we block two people tonight.
At this point I am relatively convinced DGB is town... So we would be wasting a roleblock by killing her. Let's block MOI or someone instead, and let the scum kill townies for once!

I really think it will get us more info in the end.
I'm for this.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:40 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

She couldn't have thought that would actually happen though. People are hungry for a lynch and no one had even suggested the option of the double block.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:02 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Sucks to be untrod tripod right now.

Well I said I would strike dgb if she wasn't dead by now, and the optimal play with only 2 night killing factions is to strike so we will have 20 people tomorrow (i.e. a number divisible by 5 for the purposes of striking and hospitalizing).

I believed you dgb.

/strike: dgb

Abr may be right though, in the fact that you may have brought a bit of baggage in to this game that you probably shouldn't have. Might be a good idea not to play with abr for a while.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ abr: are you voting me because I didn't do what you told me to?

You're on a power trip.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

My response is that abr has been bossing people around like he owns the place from almost the very beginning of the game.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lol, true.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:48 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

If people are talking scumlists kagelord deserves a mention as well.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@ThAd
– Please address your thoughts on your ‘Second Wagon’ theory in light of yesterday’s outcome.
*shrugs*
It wasn't a perfect theory. And in any case was just that: a theory.

I also think it was warped somewhat by:
a) abr striking instead of voting like we had apparently agreed to
b) dgb more or less committing suicide. I've hardly ever seen anyone survive after self-voting seriously. And in a game where you can't take that self-vote away... It was bound to happen.

Another note - the second target was supposed to come from the people who had abstained from the original wagon, but was instead decided upon by ABR, who was a proponent of the original wagon.

In other news: Is kagelord going to do anything other than nk speculation?

vote: kagelord
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:Another note - the second target was supposed to come from the people who had abstained from the original wagon, but was instead decided upon by ABR, who was a proponent of the original wagon.
That makes no sense. Your original theory was that scum are more likely to bandwagon so that the first wagon of the day would be scum-driven. So logically the second target should have come from the wagonners not those who abstained.

It looks more like a Hrezs distraction technique to more you explain it.
Misunderstanding: read my response as "the second target was supposed to
be decided by
the people who had abstained from the original wagon..."
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:49 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:@ abr: are you voting me because I didn't do what you told me to?

You're on a power trip.
What makes you believe this?
ThAdmiral wrote:My response is that abr has been bossing people around like he owns the place from almost the very beginning of the game.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: Kublai Klan

I've read his posts again and yes, they seem to be scummy to me too.
Anything in particular? Or is it too uncool to give reasons for votes these days?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ magua: do you actually think he's lying about what he saw using the simulator?

@ everyone: kagelord or friend - pick a side.

I'd be happy with either tbh, but my vote remains on kagelord. What would be ideal is if the daysk could come out and kill one and then we could strike the other...
(hint, hint)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Your evidence isn't what I was looking for. Why am I testing waters as opposed to voting someone I think is scum?
I'll answer this later. Possibly tomorrow, depending.
On whether you can make up an answer? Or do have a genuine reason.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Baby Spice wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
@ everyone: kagelord or friend - pick a side.
Well either I suppose as KageLord seems scummy, but Friend is on my list of people that I think are super scummy.

But what I wanted to ask thAd is why? Isn't it a little early to be saying pick one or the other now?
Most people have expressed a willingness to lynch one or the other. I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest either is going to be our lynch today.

Furthermore I don't feel like much more discussion is going to help. This game is not going to become any clearer until at least one scum flips. I am getting pretty antsy to strike tbh.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #33) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kast wrote:@ThAd-
Most people have expressed a willingness to lynch one or the other. I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest either is going to be our lynch today.
This is an extreme misrepresentation of the truth.
I don't believe it is a misrepresentation, let alone an extreme one. Look back on who people have said they are happy to lynch/scummy. You will find more people willing to lynch friend or kagelord than not.
Kast wrote:Assuming the DSK wants to kill someone today, we're going to have 20 players which means we get to kill and role block. Prematurely striking is essentially throwing away the free public roleblock.
Well I am certainly for the dsk killing someone if they would be so willing to oblige, but we can't rely on them to do what is best for the town.

How long are you prepared to wait for the daykill?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

/strike: kagelord

Competing strike wagons ftw.

p.s. I know a lot has been said recently. I will respond to all that stuff later. Busy now.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:13 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kast wrote:
ThAd wrote:I don't believe it is a misrepresentation, let alone an extreme one. Look back on who people have said they are happy to lynch/scummy. You will find more people willing to lynch friend or kagelord than not.
You are evading the point. Some people have expressed suspicion of Kage and of Friend. There's LOTS of other candidates who are just as if not more suspected. You arbitrarily picked your own suspects and completely arbitrarily tried to force/persuade everyone to vote or strike one of your two suspects.
So I did. Why shouldn't I?
If people really didn't want to pick sides they should have said they didn't want to pick sides, but as you can see most people have been happy choosing one or the other.
Kast wrote:Instead of using your BS, arbitrary scheme for forcing a lynch between Kage or Friend; post a case for either or both of them and convince people to vote your suspect. As it is, you're pressing people to give you cases and ignore all other players; this gives your preferred lynch candidates more pressure and more focus while letting you appear to be active but keeping you "safe". It's scummy as hell.
I can see how it would come across this way.
All I can say is that I am certainly happy to have my lynch targets receiving more pressure and focus.

As for the cases:
Kagelord - had several posts consisting of almost 100% night-action speculation. It was fluff and arguably pr hunting. Also participation in dgb lynch was highly suspect. Especially considering the wagon was driven by his apparent biggest suspect: abr.
Friend - Constantly going after people I deem soft targets: wraith, hrez etc. Hasn't contributed much and generally posts one liners. Also jumped on the dgb wagon in a suspect way that seemed to deny any personal responsibility for the lynch outcome.
Kast wrote:
ThAd wrote:Well I am certainly for the dsk killing someone if they would be so willing to oblige, but we can't rely on them to do what is best for the town.

How long are you prepared to wait for the daykill?
More misrepresentation. Your objection has 2 major holes in it.
-DSK has absolutely no incentive to not kill. He/she will definitely and obviously kill someone today. Acting as if DSK won't kill is as bad as thinking scum are just going to claim in thread.
They probably will kill. But if they have such incentive they will kill regardless of whether we have started to wagon someone or not. The daysk killed someone yesterday when the dgb wagon was well under way. EDIT: in fact this was when dgb was at -1. That would indicate that
the best way to ensure the daysk kills someone is to start a wagon
Kast wrote:-Nothing I posted has anything to do with waiting for the DSK before picking targets. We decide who is getting lynched and who is getting roleblocked. We can use our votes for it and take the runner up as the RB target. DSK's best interests would be to kill after seeing who is likely to be lynched, especially if DSK is a potential lynch candidate and his/her kill can be used to affect that.
Fair enough, but that is exactly my point. We start a wagon, the daysk finds out who the likely lynch is going to be and then shoots someone based on that.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:20 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Baby Spice wrote:But what I wanted to ask thAd is why? Isn't it a little early to be saying pick one or the other now?
As I mentioned I feel there was more than enough support for either of these lynch targets.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote: @ everyone: kagelord or friend - pick a side.
Creating a false dichotomy that

A. They are the only acceptable lynches
B. They can’t be both scum

Is scumtastic
Well I want them both dead, so B isn't really valid.
Like I said I wanted things to get moving since we seemed to be just talking, a few people were having closed arguments that I'm sure others ignored, and I also didn't want to let ABR take over like he did yesterday...

Although it's too late for that last bit.
StrangerCoug wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore I don't feel like much more discussion is going to help. This game is not going to become any clearer until at least one scum flips. I am getting pretty antsy to strike tbh.
Apparently, the nighttime serial killer being dead doesn't help you.
Well no, actually. It doesn't help me hunt for other scum.
Magua wrote:Obviously, Kublai Khan is now going to be either killed or roleblocked. I'm going to make sure that ThAdmiral is the other.

/strike: ThAdmiral

PEdit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ThAdmiral
Inb4 magua! :P
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:/strike: kagelord

Competing strike wagons ftw.
Self fucking preservation FTL.

Hey look I’m ThAd!! People are suspecting my play. What should I do? I know … immediately form a Counterwagon that assures there is zero chance a succesfull Kill / Block action by Town hits anyone but KK or Kagelord.
Hey look I'm ThAd (actually)!! I'm sick and tired of ABR bossing this game and everybody just following like sheep. What should I do? I know...I don't trust him or who he's chosen, and I know I'm town, so I know that whatever target I choose to strike is automatically better than his one.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:39 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:ThAd's KK strike is 100% self-preservation, and scummy as hell. Enough said.
Can we discuss a possible ThAd kill? With Toog's strike on ThAd, it's now confirmed that we cannot block & kill, so at this point we can choose from any of the three. So if we can get enough support, I'd prefer ThAd wagon first, Kage second.
A couple of people have mentioned the self preservation stuff, but it honestly wasn't. At the time I didn't feel threatened enough to think that I was going to be a second strike option and surely I would have received less attention if I had quietly let ABRs kk wagon push ahead full steam.
Toogeloo wrote:What's with voting if this is how the days are gonna go anyways?
ABR started it...
Kast wrote:@ThAd-
Going to acknowledge that I saw your responses. I'm not sure how to proceed or if I even need to since your responses were pretty much, "Lol, you're right on all counts, I'm scummy and I don't care. Now that we've agreed, let's lynch someone else." I'm kinda dumbstruck.
That's not exactly the impression I was trying to give. I just explained my motivation for everything I've done. If you want clarification on anything just ask.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (isolation #39) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Here's the case on kagelord btw. It was easy to miss as it was in the middle of a post near the bottom of the last page:
ThAdmiral wrote:Kagelord - had several posts consisting of almost 100% night-action speculation. It was fluff and arguably pr hunting. Also participation in dgb lynch was highly suspect. Especially considering the wagon was driven by his apparent biggest suspect: abr.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:05 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You guys are idiots.

Kagelord is scum because he is.......rolefishing? Are you fucking kidding me?
Strawman.
In fact of all the points against him I believe this is the lest relevant (although it still bears mentioning).
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:ABR started it...
So his making a stupid early strike excuses yours also?
In a way. I felt like If I hadn't acted today would have turned out just like yesterday with ABR running the show.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:52 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Hrezs wrote:I'm not willing to lynch KK today, however between ThAdmiral and KageLord I have no preference. I worry that if we decide on ThAd that scum will refuse to lynch him and strike either KK or Kage
Why do you worry that?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

3 way wagon! With such close numbers! This is going to be exciting.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Bunnylover wrote:@Kast: I knew I forgot to respond to something. I wouldn't be oppose to lynching ThAdmiral, but I would rather lynch KK before him.
I don't have a scum read on ThAdmiral, but nor do I have a town read. What would make me in for his lynch is him /striking Kagelord for the sake of competeing wagon.
This is wrong. I didn't strike for the competing wagon (although I think competing wagons are generally a good thing).
I struck because:
a) I didn't want today to end up like yesterday where everyone follows abr
b) I genuinely think Kagelord is scum, and furthermore felt there was enough support for his lynch to be pushed through
Nachomamma8 wrote:Why do you think he's least likely to be scum? Blatant self-preservation isn't a scumtell for you?
*Facepalm*
I've already addressed this. It was NOT for self preservation. If I was truly interested in self preservation I wouldn't have fucking put myself in the spotlight by striking someone. I would have let everyone follow abr like yesterday.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wait for the claim
Is this directed to me?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

While you're here though: what's your brilliant case against me ABR?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ camn: and why no strike on me if you gave strangercoug the "all clear"?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:56 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Thad wrote:While you're here though: what's your brilliant case against me ABR?
Where's your brilliant case on Kagelord? OHWAIT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LET ME QUOTE IT......
Go fuck yourself.

I haven't seen anything half as decent from you.
Kublai Khan wrote:
Nachomomma8 wrote:CONFSCUM:
ThAD
Bunnylover
KK
Toogeloo
Hresz

My first post of tomorrow will be striking one of these five.
WTF? Why would you strike in your first post tomorrow? How does it make it any less scummy to announce such a stupid plan in advance?
It's so he won't have to be held responsible for his strike. He can just get it done and say "I told you I was going to do it".
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:58 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Toogeloo wrote:I struck you ThAd for the paranoia of the competing wagon.
Strikes against two different players very quickly escalates into This Player v. That Player in terms of who to kill at the end of the day. I saw the counter wagon strike as a way to possibly force the day between Kage and Kublai.
Since we can't unstrike, if people felt there were only two wagons to choose from, they may be more inclined to follow those wagons.

I don't get scum vibes from Kage, I am null on Kublai. Your counter wagon sent up flags and I know that there were people who see you just as scummy, so I went for it.
I happen to think the situation you so fear is the ideal situation to be in. Competing wagons shows where people stand and can help provide useful information for future lynches.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:04 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:While you're here though: what's your brilliant case against me ABR?
I wanted to kill KK, you would have been better off following me.

Now claim ThAd, claim now or forever hold your peace.
Role:

I am a Citizen of Metropolis. I have no special abilities other than what I say and my hands (for striking), which I should use wisely!

I win when all of the threats to the Citizens have been eliminated![/paraphrased]
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (isolation #50) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Not sure I get the Thad wagon, over KK and Kage…actually, I didn’t really like the KK wagon either. Why is Thad scum over so many other here? Like Exe?,,MOI?...and you can add Plum to that lot now too, that last vote wasn’t good either…also Nacho is not giving me vibes too.

but people are striking Thad?...I just don’t get it.

And I think ABR is probably town in the game, but I am not sure why people are letting him lead them around by their noses….maybe that it because he looks town, but town can be as off as anybody….(see day 1).

I stand by the kagelord wagon.
You are saying everything that I am thinking.
I am at a loss myself why I am the strike target today as no one, save perhaps toogeloo, has provided a decent reason why they have struck me. I don't agree with toogeloo's reasoning, but at least he provided it.
I hope that the town looks at the people who jumped on the dgb wagon without a reason, and looks at the people who jumped on my wagon without a reason and then lynches them sequentially.
There are a lot, though so it could take a while.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (isolation #51) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ toog: I was just thinking...
If anyone narrowed the lynch targets today it wasn't me, it was you! With strikes on two people there was always a chance a third party would be favoured in the end (for example see what has happened to me), but with strikes on three people I don't think there was ever going to be a chance of a fourth target being viable.
Essentially you are more guilty of doing what you accused me of doing.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (isolation #52) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

KageLord wrote:So basically... if I have counted right, even after the DSK kill we wouldn't be able to kill anyone other than ThAd (i.e. KK). That's enough reason for me to take ThAd at this point.

Strike: ThAdmiral
Congratulations for surviving another day with another vote you don't have to take responsibility for. I hope you die tonight you disgusting scum.

@ Everyone:
this is the situation we find ourselves in - scummy bastards like this get to strike with impunity because "it's already too late so I'm just doing the town a favor" while people like me who
actually striked for someone they believed was scum
and was willing to go to the effort
to give reasons to back it up
gets fucking buried for it.
Kise wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:
Strike: ThAdmiral
because OH WELL we can't really do much else, can we now?
There's 9 scum on the loose. Do you have 9 scumreads that does not include ThAd, really?
Being willing to strike anyone you have as a scumread is a shit way to decide a lynch. You should be deciding it from your first couple of picks. How accurate do you think most peoples 9th and 10 scumpicks are going to be?
Furthermore do you really think people have 9-10 scumpicks that are based on actual reads? I would argue most people have maybe 5 reads based on stuff in the game, and then another couple based on gut.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:33 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

camn wrote:@agm: that is the problem with this game.
Not striking yields no threat of a lynch, thus reveals no true reactions.. Thus gives the town no information.
Striking, however, though revealing, tends to screw us right in the ass, because we are 'forced' to stick with a lynch we might not even support. Additionally, people can use MATHEMATICAL justifications for their strikes, and even for THE HAMMER!!!!
this is no way to play this game.
Right now, the true townie thing to do would be to force a no- lynch if you actually think Thad is town. If you were a Doc, would you protect him? Of so, then no-lynch should be you goal right now. But we all know that you would get crucified for that given the current atmosphere.

Which is why I propose , AGAIN, that we send a couple people to the hospital.
This should be an acceptable choice.
Each of us should be allowed to, no OBLIDGED to either vote for scum or avoid voting for town based on our assessment of scumminess, NOT BASED ON MATH, and not based on this idea that we MUST LYNCH, even if it is a mislynch.
This is so true.
I am 100% sure it is too late for me, but I hope and pray that the town realizes this before it is too late for them.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (isolation #54) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

You're a joke kast. I think it should be clear by now that I actually am town, just like dgb was actually town yesterday - but of course you're still going to play your role in this farce and pretend that you've caught scum.
You're also hiding behind the "thad is the only player who can be lynched" banner. Well done on that.

I also like that your case seems to be built on the fact that I asked people to choose between two people: friend or kagelord. If you try to say that these two people were not the two most talked about people at the time you are lying. Furthermore I was asking for people's opinions - I wasn't forcing a lynch.
If anyone was trying to force a lynch it was, unsurprisingly, abr who has yet again gotten off scott free for
doing exactly what you are accusing me of but much worse
, and for second day in a row no less.

You're either an idiot or scum. I don't think you are an idiot, so I'm betting on the second one.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:
ThAd wrote:@ Everyone: this is the situation we find ourselves in - scummy bastards like this get to strike with impunity because "it's already too late so I'm just doing the town a favor" while people like me who actually striked for someone they believed was scum and was willing to go to the effort to give reasons to back it up gets fucking buried for it.
Blah blah blah: you struck early because you knew it would limit the town's choices. The entire tone of your strike post reads as a joke intended to hide your true intentions.
And as I have brought up countlessly - if I am indeed guilty of limiting the town's choices, then abr is even more guilty and has been so twice in a row.
Also fyi I
was
striking someone I believed was scum, and limiting the town's choices
is an unfortunate side effect of that
. Do you get that in this game YOU CAN'T STRIKE SOMEONE WITHOUT LIMITING THE TOWNS CHOICES. Do you get that?
Exe wrote:@ThAd: Oh look, flailing. Nice ad-hom there bud.
Definitely
makes me think you're pro-town. :roll:
I see you're also getting in on the farce. Well done. I know you need to justify your vote and all, so I understand.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:At this point I’m going to slot Camn into scum as well. 814 is so fluffy it deserves to be in the Pillow Hall of Fame. Add in 880 which effectively says that the true Town way to play is to remove ALL possibility of a Town driven kill by no-lynching. Scumtastic.
Lol, even attacking people who are against my wagon. This is a novel way to make the farce seem less farcical. Very clever MoI.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:@ camn: and why no strike on me if you gave strangercoug the "all clear"?
“Make everyone justify their suspicion” Scum-tell spotted with a nice side-dish of not paying attention. This wagon is a good one.
Dude, there's no need! I'm definitely going to be struck to death so you don't have to keep pretending that you've "caught scum". (I do like that I've rattled people like you enough that you feel you have to resort to this sort of stuff though)

Seriously "not paying attention" is a scum tell!
Seriously?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1600 (isolation #57) » Thu May 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Won by the only faction that deserved/earned it. Well done magua.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1625 (isolation #58) » Fri May 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I think just about everything that needed to be said about the setup was discussed in the dead qt.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1641 (isolation #59) » Sat May 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Baby Spice wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:I still disagree that it was playing to your wincon, but, what is your solution?

Making it so that the IC need all three alive to win? Or having it so that they flip IC upon death, but that the faction remains alive?

Can't have both.

Flip's.

Making all three alive is kind of swingy with a probable 5 kills (including lynch) on D1/N1

I agree.

It's a pity how this game played out and the consternation it caused. It would be nice to see this in a slightly altered state, based on some of the comments, and without the infamous wiki-error.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”