DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:48 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

This game has run away from me fast... Will read on Thursday.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

ABR wrote:Why are you interacting with the maggot?
The reason I interact with all my suspects – to determine his alignment. I’m certainly not going to give him the “stupid Town” get-out-of-jail free card like Friend. If he’s scum (which he is BTW) I want it out in the open now.

--
Toog wrote:I am 100% clear on how striking works, and I fully intended to strike the first negative gut feeling I had before the game even started.
Ok, so you knew what you were doing and simply threw an immediate strike at the first gut twinge you got.

You are scum then. Thanks for making it easy. Making the “Scumwould never act so rash” move when in fact Scum can feel free to act wildly while Town has to carefully manage its resources was not a good move.

--

Hrez
in 97 continues to dance away from taking stances and indulge in pointless mechanics speculation (SK can’t no-kill) as opposed to scum-hunt.
Hrez wrote:If I were forced to put a vote down, it'd be on MoI for his parroting of questions already asked, it gave him an inflated post to seem like content but didn't say anything.
Support your position. Which post in question is parroting? Further define how in the first pages of a large theme can 'padding' post count even be a valid scum-tell when some players have posted ZERO content.

--
Wraith wrote:Here's a question: Why does opposing a gamebreaking strategy have to be pro-scum? Why can't it be pro-sportsmanship?
Here’s a counter question – what about a game-breaking strategy is anti-Sportsmanship? Scum, site-wide, have a statistical advantage over Town. It’s not cheating to use whatever legal means Town has to root out the scum.

Furthermore it was clear as Day that a mass-break would not work (as I said in my first post) so your objection looks much more like fake Town puffery than anything else.

--
ThAd wrote:He asked for the alignment of someone who was a citizen. I know from my pm that it is fairly bleedingly obvious what alignment a citizen is.
Yet the nature of all alignments and flip colors are shown clearly on the Wiki page for this game. So how is it a tell when everyone, including scum, have full access to that information?

--
AGar wrote:2. TOOGELOO'S STRIKE WAS NOT IN THE RIGHT FUCKING SYNTAX. HE DIDN'T BURN HIS STRIKE.
Now that your all-caps Rage statement has been proven dead wrong what are your opinions on Toog’s strike and reasoning for it.

--
Friend wrote:I think Toogeloo's strike wasn't scummy. Acting impulsively is a null-tell.
But now that he admits it was premeditated are you still going to defend Toog? Nevermind I can see you are at 130.

Calling Friend – Toog linkage of some sorts as of this post.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Exe »

@Kagelord: I'm not saying Toog should be perma-ignored and allowed to skate through any part of this game. I am saying that his action was unbelievably stupid, but I'd rather judge him based on further actions, rather than
just
the strike.
Not to mention, it's obvious that arguing with Toog is going to be completely unproductive. He's pretty much openly proven that his reasoning skills are about equivalent to a rock. Honestly, if he legitimately thinks that throwing a random gut-vote is a solid strategy, then no amount of arguing is going to be fruitful. Players like that are vig/cop/out-of-other-scum-reads-lynch bait.

@ThAd: AGar hit the nail on the head. Your deflection is noted.
And AGar has a completely different attitude towards it than you. You are two different people, and so you both read differently.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Unvote, vote Hrez
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:54 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

AGar wrote:That's deflecting.
Do you think he's right? Are you, me and wraith all on the same scumteam?

If anything I think
you
are acting suspicious because you're getting all hot under the collar after I said your name and the word "scumteam" in the same sentence.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:He asked for the alignment of someone who was a citizen. I know from my pm that it is fairly bleedingly obvious what alignment a citizen is.
Yet the nature of all alignments and flip colors are shown clearly on the Wiki page for this game. So how is it a tell when everyone, including scum, have full access to that information?
He may not have been paying attention. In any case I would be much happier for dgb to speak for himself.
Exe wrote:@ThAd: AGar hit the nail on the head. Your deflection is noted.
And AGar has a completely different attitude towards it than you. You are two different people, and so you both read differently.
Your inconsistency is noted.

In fact...
vote: exe
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 am

Post by Exe »

@LOL at ThAd.
Are you going to claim that you and Agar are exactly alike? Because unless you can prove that, there is no inconsistency.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:00 am

Hrezs is scummy because it's page 7 and he hasn't attacked anyone, this makes me think that he doesn't want to offend anyone and is scum.

Can we keep Day 1 short and lynch him? Everyone please reply.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hrezs is scummy because it's page 7 and he hasn't attacked anyone, this makes me think that he doesn't want to offend anyone and is scum.

Can we keep Day 1 short and lynch him? Everyone please reply.

Don't ruin my nice town read on you ABR. We don't do short days. More analysis is always better, and more info for later days is important too.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah and his MoI suspicion is weaksauce. Let's tally up a vote for Hrezs.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 am

I'll keep this brief ...

UNVOTE: Wraith
VOTE: Hrezs

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Friend »

MoI, where did I say Toog was definitively stupid town, or that I even had a town read on him? I just think the strike is a complete null-tell.

Kage, same thing with you.
I don't get how saying "it's a dumb scum strat" (paraphrasing here) is a real defense of Toog's actions. Wouldn't "it's a dumb town strat" be an equal attack against it? All it says is that it was a dumb move either way.
Exactly my point. And one game doesn't make a meta attack legitimate.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:08 am

Hrezs (4): Magua, Plum, Exe, Albert B. Rampage, MagnaofIllusion
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Don't ruin my nice town read on you ABR.
We are in an alliance until a faction is destroyed.

I want to keep the ball rolling smoothly with a majority in consensus for a lynch, instead of 3-4 people filling the pages too fast, or the game slowing down with diminished interest and posting, or the scum derailing good wagons like Hrezs.

If I were to name one person town in this game, it would be Magua...and not only do I agree with his read, but Plum is on that wagon with some good logic as well, AND I happen to see right through his scummy front. Hrezs should be lynched today.
Friend wrote:MoI, where did I say Toog was definitively stupid town, or that I even had a town read on him? I just think the strike is a complete null-tell.
Hrezs, aye?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am

EBWOP

Hrezs (5): Magua, Plum, Exe, Albert B. Rampage, MagnaofIllusion
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Friend »

Hrezs is scummy.

UNVOTE: Wraith
VOTE: Hrezs
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 am

Post by GummyBear »

DrippingGoofball wrote:This game has run away from me fast... Will read on Thursday.
Oh my lanta...

Yeah, so upon first glance, we don't like Hrez. We think the people who hopped on Wraith are being opportunistic, and we like Magua and Plum.

We also don't like the people who've parrotted what's already been said (we'll go back and look later). Looks like fluff to gain townpoints.

Also, Toog...is an idiot, but that's been hashed and rehashed already. Yes he wasted his strike. He can't take it back so it's time to move on.

Golly...

Preview Edit: Oh my, that votecount does look interesting, doesn't it...
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Friend »

The lurking hydras trouble me.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 am

Friend wrote:MoI, where did I say Toog was definitively stupid town, or that I even had a town read on him? I just think the strike is a complete null-tell.
But it's not Null. I've explained in detail when addressing Toog.

Town votes are not the normal, unlimited variety. Under normal Town conditions Town players can be free to fling them around putting suspicion where they see fit. Throwing caution to the wind in normal circumstances can be a Townie activity.

Here Town strikes are a limited resource. To actually achieve a lynch (which Town never should give up Day 1) we need 60% of the strikes focused on one player.

Toog specifically said he understood the mechanic and threw some pure bullshit down about votes being manipulated by Scum. Striking out in random fashion only helps assure that we don't get a lynch today.

TL : DR
- Toog's stance and action show a CLEAR scum motivation and don't show any possible Town motivation. He's scum.

GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:17 am

Post by GummyBear »

Friend wrote:The lurking hydras trouble me.
O RLY.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Friend »

It's a CLEAR anti-town motivation, but anti-town doesn't make him scum.

I feel like I'm defending him too much, because I don't have a town read on him. I think his reaction to the strike shows some scumminess, but the strike itself isn't inherently scummy.

Gummy Bear, there's other lurking hydras out there.
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 am

Post by GummyBear »

We don't understand how you can classify anyone as lurking when the game started less than two days ago.

We do agree with you about the initial attack then response of Toog. His actions don't add up to it being what he would initially think is protown. But then, what scum motivation is there to waste their vote?

Would anyone care to venture if Toog is just an idiot as opposed to SUPER OBVIOUS SCUM? Shotty vs. CooLDoG anyone?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Friend »

Hmm, I guess it has been only two days. It feels like a lot has gone down.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Hrezs »

AGar wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
AGar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ThAdmiral

Nice deflection there.
I wasn't deflecting. I was pointing out a flaw in his logic, and also showing that he was being inconsistent.
That's deflecting.
Defending yourself definately isn't deflecting, that doesn't even make sense.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Support your position. Which post in question is parroting? Further define how in the first pages of a large theme can 'padding' post count even be a valid scum-tell when some players have posted ZERO content.
You had made 2 posts at that point, one voting wraith where post post zero justification for it(and came off as you just throwing down a vote to get a vote down)
And your other post which is hyper inflated with quotes and questions that had already been asked and pointed out. The latter was the one I was referencing (quoted in parts below)

I was not discussing post count, I was talking about your post size.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
CKD wrote:that was that game...this is a completely different game, your thoughts on DGB's comment?
Since the alignments of all players are explicitly stated on the Wiki page it looks like DGB ‘pretending’ not to pay attention. Null.
Says nothing
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Toog wrote:The last one in particular, about watching which dead bodies is overly fluffy for communication, and almost sounds as if he is prepared to be around for the next day to plan our next course of action after the bodies have dropped.
You do understand I said BODY singular not plural in reference to the Day Serial Killer we have in this game, correct? Because we will get a flip (barring a stupid Serial Killer which I would welcome) before the first lynch and thus can use that for relational tells.
Toog gives (some) justification for his strike. You defend yourself by arguing a word you said, which is not what his point was at all.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Toog wrote:The Vote system is also silly because it is a simple way to control player's striking. I have now made it so that more people will either strike me or Magna if we are going to make it through this day with a "lynch," otherwise we all now have a wasted strike on a player.
1. Did you read the rule and comprehend how striking works?
2. You feel strongly enough either set up a 1 v 1 with me based on tone Day 1 or waste your strike for the day?
Questions, one of which had been asked by several people(parroting) and another somewhat challenging him to argue with you

Then after this, you decide to quote me and say that I'm scumtastic(a point that someone else had made, so you're parroting) but not vote me. Something you decided to do later when my lynch has started to pick up steam and it won't seem terrible for you to put your vote down.

Actually, looking back, both of your votes have directly followed ABR, are you trying to get on his good side?
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Hrezs »

GummyBear wrote:We don't understand how you can classify anyone as lurking when the game started less than two days ago.
You can definately classify Wraith as lurking(not sure about others). He gained a couple votes, noticed he gained them, decided to come in and ask a question (a halfass form of defending himself) and post nothing else. Literally no thoughts at all.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Magua »

GummyBear wrote:
We also don't like the people who've parrotted what's already been said
(we'll go back and look later). Looks like fluff to gain townpoints.

Also, Toog...is an idiot,
but that's been hashed and rehashed already.
Bolded for lulz.

Anyways, Hresz lynch is good.

Two questions for you, Hresz:

1) Why are you defending ThAdmiral against AGar?

2) Is MagnaofIllusion scummy or not?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Hrezs wrote:And your other post which is
hyper inflated with quotes and questions that had already been asked and pointed out
. The latter was the one I was referencing (quoted in parts below)
Bolded – so you are arguing that my natural posting style is inherently scummy? Noted. Moving on to your actual comments.
Hrezs wrote:Says nothing
Bzzt. It says that attacking someone on grounds of ‘not knowing the Town win condition’ is pointless since said win condition is public knowledge via the Game Wiki page.
Hrezs wrote:Toog gives (some) justification for his strike. You defend yourself by arguing a word you said, which is not what his point was at all.
I defend his misrepresentation that I wanted to wait til Day 2 to take action by pointing out he was clearly wrong. That scummy?

So you see justification for his strike? Please directly answer this question .. I’m very curious. Especially since your first post after the strike you said this
Tempted to strike Toogeloo for that strike. I'm of the thought that we should thoroughly discuss strikes before placing them, almost as if it were lylo-ish
If you saw justification in the strike why were you immediately tempted to strike him?

Cognitive Dissonance on display here I believe
Hrezs wrote:Questions, one of which had been asked by several people(parroting) and another somewhat challenging him to argue with you
And you do understand Mafia is a game of interrogating your suspects, right? I’m going to grill those people I think are scum. You don’t like it? Not my problem.
Hrezs wrote:Then after this, you decide to quote me and say that I'm scumtastic(a point that someone else had made, so you're parroting) but not vote me. Something you decided to do later when my lynch has started to pick up steam and it won't seem terrible for you to put your vote down.
So once a point is made no-one is ever allowed to state a similar sentiment for fear of being hit with a Wiki-tell? Yeah, I’ll express my thoughts as a I please.

And I’m obligated to immediately switch my vote when someone makes scummy statement?

If so why didn’t you vote for me immediately when you said I was scummy? Waiting for signs of support?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”