Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

We bringeth down teh hammerrrr
VOTE: Untrod Stranger
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
BeaverWeasel
BeaverWeasel
Townie
BeaverWeasel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by BeaverWeasel »

Untrod Stranger wrote:That is not at all what "no u" means. All I said was "I'm getting really sick of you calling me by the wrong name".

In other news, no one will care until
we get lynched and flip scum
, but BW's last post was INCREDIBLY FUCKING SCUMMY.
OIC...

So, asking someone to present a consise, neat case that doesn't require me to read through 13 pages of bullshit again is scummy? Ok then.

Also, @Yos: let me rephrase what I tried to say last night, as it was late and there was apparently a disconect between my brain and my keyboard:
Your interactions with Ether/Patrick are not indicitive of someone who is not sure of anothers allignment. You interact with them as if you know beyond a shodow of a doubt that they are town and for that there are two options: you are scum or you are masons (or a daycop, but this is a normal...)
I believe it to be the first option.

@Pathetric: Having never played with either of you, and actually never having played with a majority of the player list, I can easily say that I had/have no idea how many people you know/knew pregame.

And for everyone, I will say again: Not Mastin.
BeaverWeasel
BeaverWeasel
Townie
BeaverWeasel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by BeaverWeasel »

P-edit that didn't show up:
mmmhmm..
Pathetric
Pathetric
Townie
Pathetric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Pathetric »

Post 351, what Mastin said wrote:Your interactions with Ether/Patrick are not indicitive of someone who is not sure of anothers allignment. You interact with them as if you know beyond a shodow of a doubt that they are town and for that there are two options: you are scum or you are masons (or a daycop, but this is a normal...)
I believe it to be the first option.
Post 351, what Ether heard wrote:Shit I'd better grab some credit since I couldn't lynch Yosarian. I'll just completely make an excuse up.
-Ether
[ooc][color=black]Patrick[/color] + [color=#FFCC00][b]Ether[/b][/color] hydra.[/ooc]
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

A Vote Count and a Lynch:

Untrod Stranger (7)- Gummybear, Pathetric, Balam, Greymarble, Lord Fonzi, YosCayke, Unicorn

YosFlavouredCayke (2) - Final Destination, Beaver
Frog Ergo Sum (2) - Untrod Stranger, DaSpotthatkillsu,
Final Destination (1) - Frog Ergo Sum
Unicorn (1) - Reckamonic

That's a lynch
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

.... you all are idiots.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Untrod Stranger the Vanilla Townie
has been lynched.

Night One ends on March 12th 18:00 EST.

Again I'm still looking for a replacement for Reckamonic,any suggestions would be welcomed.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Copper replaces Reckamonic.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Pathetric the Vanilla Townie
has been killed.

Welcome to Day 2
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Copper »

Greetings, and hello again to those we've played with before.

We will not be revealing our heads.

However, for those interested in meta, Copper has five completed games:

Mini 934 - Vanilla Town
Open 223 - Town Doctor (This game was a six-page travesty - unhelpful for reads)
Mini 999 - Vanilla Town
Open 244 - Werewolf
Mini 1072 - Town Undercover Reflex Guard

We have done some reading overnight but are not completely caught up. Replacing in with Copper is a new experience.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

Good to see you again, Copper.

BeaverWeasel makes me :headdesk: because of these gems:
BeaverWeasel wrote:I am dissapointed that there are less YosCayke/Pathetric votes. Those two have had their heads so far up eachothers asses they will either claim masons or one of them is scum.
I can understand being suspicious of YosFlavouredCayke's behavior, but why (why, why, WHY) would you say this
out loud
?
BeaverWeasel wrote:@ Pathetric 48-49: We decided to remain anonymous before we signed up for this game, also, yes. Your effort early on to paint yourself as a newb was decietful.
I was hoping you were being facetious when you accused Pathetric of being deceitful with their "some newb" comment. (That's the Poe's law I linked to.) Apparently, you were not. Painting that as a scum tell, really?

I'm going to skip the consultation with my fellow heads and go with...

Vote: BeaverWeasel

That said, there are a couple of things about which I do need to consult, particularly how the wagons on Day 1 played out in light of new information.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:It's odd that you're the first person to notice that.
Minor detail, but they weren't the first. :P
Unicorn Brethren wrote:We bringeth down teh hammerrrr
I'd like to know what changed between March 6 and March 9 to make you do this.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:34 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Greetings. We've got our hydra activated, and both of us are up to date. We have decided to try to play as a unified hydra, although we will tell you who wrote a given post if anyone thinks it's useful to their reading of us and asks directly.

Both of us find Unicorn Brethren's general play extremely suspicious, however we (and particularly the Fonz head) think that the QT-posting thing, given that it would likely be disastrous for scum, is an enormous towntell.

We're of the opinion that FD is likely a town hydra, and their reaction to the pressure is probably caused by Fate being frustrated that the presence of Yos/Ether and the lack of the usual sheep is preventing him from leading the town as he likes to.

@Beaverweasel: Our impression of Yos and Ether is that they've played with each other so much, there's this weird kind of almost symbiosis going on there. I'm not surprised one thinks he can read the other like a book. However, we are somewhat perturbed by the fact that YFC made the inability of others to read the slot in the same way out to be scummy.

We have a harder time coming to agreement on our scum reads than our town ones, and are in the process of discussing who our mutual top suspect is. Should be back with a vote soon.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

Lord Fonzi wrote:however we (and particularly the Fonz head) think that the QT-posting thing, given that it would likely be disastrous for scum, is an enormous towntell.
Isn't "Quoting your hydra qt is fine." just the naïve go-to position? We think it's a town tell because it suggests there are things in the qt that they want to quote, but not because they held the wrong position re: hydra QTs.

Vote: Final Destination
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

They specifically suggested modifying the rules to allow quoting of entire QTs, which would be disastrous for scum.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:54 am

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

Vote: Frogito Ergo Sum

Nothing has changed on that front. I agree that Unicorn Brethren is town, not only for the reason mentioned by Lord Fonzi, but because I really only see newb-scum or overconfident town hammering like that. Since it's not the former, it must be the latter.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Lord Fonzi wrote:They specifically suggested modifying the rules to allow quoting of entire QTs, which would be disastrous for scum.
We are aware of the facts of the case.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 am

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Lord Fonzi wrote:They specifically suggested modifying the rules to allow quoting of entire QTs, which would be disastrous for scum.
We are aware of the facts of the case.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

Nothing changed between the 6th and the 9th other than we felt a case had been built against US that we felt needed to be followed through on. Also after doing some rereading this head finds the Yos/Cayke disagreement leading to a last minute hop onto the US wagon to be very controversial indeed.

Oh, and we are overconfidant in everything we do.
We are Unicorns.
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Final Destination »

What' that you say AGM? You're gonna be gone all week?

HEHEAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VOTE: FROGITO ERGO SCUM
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:48 pm

YosFlavouredCayke wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:I think I'm just going to start posting as this not having an account thing is getting mighty long in the tooth.

Is an important thing to note RE: Vote issue. I think it should be allowed, but its TBM's game -shrug.

Vote: Untrod Stranger

I have decided this is the best place for our vote right now. Everyone needs to post a bit more imo.

-Cayke.
This is easily the worse vote on that terri-bad UStranger lynch. I know we never called him town but we thought he was very town, aka our stance on FES being scum yesterday.

BUT the fact that Cayke made the vote makes me feel better, because if Yos had said "ok time to follow Ether onto a mislynch" it would've been MUCH worse than Cayke doing it. Obviously this coulda been planned in the hydra "you make the vote itll make more sense" but I'll go with Occam's Razor that Cayke's town read on me prevailed and she got Yos to agree to switch.

SO THAT LEAVES FROGGY:
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:02 pm

(whoops apparently AGM isn't leaving until Tuesday >_>)
Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:#323 is bad, #328 is good. More content later.
323 was BW;s post:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p2862107
Who pushed on YosCayke (FES' buttbuddy)

328 was GreyMarble:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2862442
Who was pushing the mislynch (retrospect) of US.

So disagreeing with stance taken against townpocketbuddy (YosCayke townflip pending)
+
Agreeing with popular bandwagon,
without a bandwagon vote
When the FUCK have you ever seen a CEStown not on the main wagon d'jour? Especially one he AGREES with? For a tactical bandwagon hopper he sure has tunneled on me a fuck of a lot,

AND

He said 323 was bad yesterday, however he forGOES a BW wagon today (ala Balam's vote)... a wagon just RIPE for information. But he passes it up to vote park?

This ain't Town behavior, there's no scumhunting motive behind it. He is just sticking with his vote on us it because nobody is bothering to refute it or call him out for it (and in fact, YosCayke is even praising it).

AKA:
FES is making a vote he feels comfortable with carrying over from yesterday. He has no original content, which he PROMISED "later" in the post. Empty promising scumbag right here.

[AGM Approved]
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Greymarble »

I very much didn't think he was town when I voted, but I would have liked to have had some input after that "scumslip," since that was a really fucking town set of two posts. That being said, Unicorn Bretheran has already softclaimed disaster on wheels, so meh on lynching them right now. FD, how did you get a town read out of him? He was trying way too hard to spread suspicion around and wasn't labeling anyone town, and Tripod had flaked like hell rather than post his usual stuff in the thread (which I associate more with scum tripod, since I assume he knows he's horrifically bad at being town when he's town already).

Vote:Frogito Ergo Sum

FD has convinced me, and Llamarble hasn't posted anything useful in our hydra. Basically, we had 30 players in a game with less posts day 1 than any of my last few mini normals.

I'm tempted to just leave this to Llamarble for the next week. And... I will.

ICE lowered
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:35 am

Final Destination wrote:I know we never called him town but we thought he was very town, aka our stance on FES being scum yesterday.
Bullshit.
This is a lie. You were voting YosCayke and pushing their wagon for most of Day 1 and you were still doing it at the end.

Confirm vote: Final Destination

Final Destination wrote:Agreeing with popular bandwagon, without a bandwagon vote When the FUCK have you ever seen a CEStown not on the main wagon d'jour? Especially one he AGREES with? For a tactical bandwagon hopper he sure has tunneled on me a fuck of a lot,
Calling one post good isn't the same as agreeing with a wagon. P.S. There are 2 people in this hydra.
Final Destination wrote:He said 323 was bad yesterday, however he forGOES a BW wagon today (ala Balam's vote)
Bad =/= scummy.

Question: Do you disagree that #323 and #328 are bad and good posts respectively?
Final Destination wrote:He has no original content, which he PROMISED "later" in the post.
We intended to get in a good post (i.e. not a one-liner like that one) later, but then the Day ended.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:13 am

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

Vote:Beaver Weasel

I think this is the way to go. Tbh, I kind of feel bad that I didn't push to lynch him yesterday after that one teribad post of his; my gut really wanted to just drop everything else and try and start a new wagon on him at that point.

I still don't like the case against froggy here. It still basically just feels like FD OMGUSing because he dosn't like that froggy was tunneling on him yesterday. The argument that he's scummy because he DIDN'T join a wagon on a townie is the really bad kind of WIFOM.

That being said, I'm not as convinced as I was for most of yesterday of FD being scum. Feels like if he was scum, he'd have been more likely to use the fact that me and Cayke's reads were somewhat different at the end of the day yesterday as a BS reason to continue to attack us, instead of writing us off as probably town because of it.

Also, I wanted to ask DaSpot about this:
DaSpotthatkillsu wrote:.... you all are idiots.
He said this after the hammer, but before the alignment reveal. Re-reading his earlier posts, he did at one point briefly mention that he thought US was pro-town, but he never really tried to defend him or argue against the wagon, even though he was around while it was building up. It just seems odd to me; DaSpot, if you guys were THAT sure that the US wagon was going to be a bad one, why didn't you try harder to stop it?

-Yos
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:16 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Page Break