Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 am

Post by tclawren »

In other news

VOTE: Twistedspoon

This is for continued scumminess, especially the posts 273 and 274. You ask us to kill a softclaimed pr (something that is pretty dang anti-town) and then immediately change your mind.

Also we dont know if there is a RB. You just assumed there was one. That looks like a slip to me.

THIS IS L-1 DO NOT HAMMER UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY REALLY SURE.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

in post 273 i never sugessted killing mer; that'd be crazy, at least for today

I really should have put the two posts as one; that's how my thought processes worked. It does look like I changed my mind though as i used two posts.
Read them as one post, then you'll see

and yeah I assumed there was a roleblocker. Is it wrong to consider the possibility?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Ghostlin »

We already got one claim out of him, and I do not think continued defenses will move this along any. We've got a decent amount of content for Day 1, town needs the information from the flip more, at least to eliminate the suspects and narrow the field. Plus he's on my lynch list for today, and I'm pretty sure he's acting scummish.

Unvote; Vote: TS

Be pissed at me later, I feel this is best move for town then hopping off and on wagons right now, or try to do a last second lynch.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Ghostlin »

If anyone wants more reasons on why I just hammered there, I can write an article about it.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I thought you were cool Ghostlin
your last post seems to be a makeshift justification for a townie lynch. Looking at clawren's 'do not hammer unless you are really sure post' it doesn't seem as though you are really sure. :/

It just seems I'm your lab rat

Ah well. I'm dead now. Fun playing with you guys.
The good news is that you guys might still win and the PR wasn't lynched.
the better news is that I can join the newbie queue as an SE now :D

I look forwards to playing with you all again. My thanks to the Mod too.

any final words or questions to me before I go?

~Screwtape
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Twistedspoon wrote:I thought you were cool Ghostlin
your last post seems to be a makeshift justification for a townie lynch. Looking at clawren's 'do not hammer unless you are really sure post' it doesn't seem as though you are really sure. :/

It just seems I'm your lab rat

Ah well. I'm dead now. Fun playing with you guys.
The good news is that you guys might still win and the PR wasn't lynched.
the better news is that I can join the newbie queue as an SE now :D

I look forwards to playing with you all again. My thanks to the Mod too.

any final words or questions to me before I go?
This isn't personal. You're probably a great guy, but I do feel we need to lynch, and you're a great candidate.

Here are my reasons:

1)
We put you at L-1 twice in one day.
Town seems convinced you're scum. I am carrying out the will of town, and you've never left my scum list once today that I can personally recall. We also got your claim eariler in the day, so we know you're not a PR. That's pretty safe to me.

2)
You claimed VT.
Now, I'm not saying if you're VT, you shouldn't have claimed VT, but frankly, it's the safest claim to make, there is no counter claim. VT's who claim it Day 1 should probably expect to die, it's an easy blending claim.

3)
You continued certain scummy behavior.
There's a lot of fence sitting, no accusations without votes, and letting us know that you find the entire town null--which helps no one, but is scummy because it stalls suspicion.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

shrug

no point arguing now, though I have some reasons in my head.
Btw, I actually chased a lead towards the end with Mer saying he wanted to keep his hands clean. That made my null read appear scummish until he claimed.

Idc as long as town win.

If you townie's don't win you have me to answer to

anyways, I'll be sure to repay the favour sometime :wink:
JK

~Twistedspoon

~Screwtape
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Twistedspoon wrote:shrug

no point arguing now, though I have some reasons in my head.
Btw, I actually chased a lead towards the end with Mer saying he wanted to keep his hands clean. That made my null read appear scummish until he claimed.

Idc as long as town win.

If you townie's don't win you have me to answer to

anyways, I'll be sure to repay the favour sometime :wink:
JK

~Twistedspoon
Off the game: hang around, read what goes on, scream at your computer screen a little and stay for the afterparty at the end of the game.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

course, I'm sticking around. I'm not leaving that fast :wink:

I can't wait to read the QT at the end. That's always the best bit. :P

~Screwtape
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Mute »

You all... you people... quit posting so much! I read three posts and *poof* seven more! :mad:
/exaggeration.
I know I haven't been here much. Two games (this is one) and studying shit.
Should be able to pay more attention here now though.
P-EDIT:: Hammer'd

~~
This post will just have my thoughts in order as I read the latest pages. different areas will be seperated by dashes as I don't know how to make those raised boxes.
~~
Twistedspoon wrote:
Charlie wrote:...
Charlie - Obvscum.
Question to the more experienced players: Do scum or town usually confess more often to being scum. I can't imagine why either would want to do it. Is charlie trying to confuse us? Am i just looking too much into it?

Anyways, will post later; Haven't forgotten
No, scum do not out themselves unless it's part of a WIFOM example.
Charlie, from being the IC in this game, your antics thus far are really, well.. :?:
Meransiel wrote:Dude, I did not comment on anything specifically. I am not suspicious towards anybody. I'm not attacking people. Then why did you say I'm trying too hard to appear pro-town?
Town = attacking people and pushing for a lynch. Do you not know this? In a situation like this if you have no reads, no suspicions, and no desire to push for a lynch, you're acting incredibly anti-town. However, this does not mean I'm calling you scum.
See, I never noticed farmer really. Meran's posts thus far though are making me very suspicious of that slot. Especially after
Meransiel wrote:I didn't say I don't want a lynch to take place. I just don't want to have a part in it, unless the proof is obvious enough.
---
...Oh, you just claimed to being a power role... Okay.
You guys are assuming there's a RB right out of the gate, however. In the four setups in the F11, there's only two with a RB, and of those one is a game with pure VT's. Setup speculation does no good as 3/4 setups have a power role, of those only one has a RB in it.
Even if I were to believe you Ghostlin, there's on error I see:
Ghostlin wrote:TC; the only other option is a roleblock. If he's RBed, that confirms the setup if we accept Mer's town. Yes, it sucks, but it's the most logical play right now.
From a scum perspective: Okay, if we buy his claim then there's at least one PR; setup is mostly revealed.
From a town perspective: Okay, if we buy his claim then there's at least one PR; setup is partially revealed.
The problem I have is only scum would know anything for certain.

---
...I had a post here about something TS said, but I see ghostlin hammered... I can retype it if you'd all like but I wanna get something in before the mod closes the thread.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Ghostlin »

[quote= "Mute"]From a scum perspective: Okay, if we buy his claim then there's at least one PR; setup is mostly revealed.
From a town perspective: Okay, if we buy his claim then there's at least one PR; setup is partially revealed.
The problem I have is only scum would know anything for certain.[/quote]

If Mer lives through today and claims he's blocked, two --likely-- possibilites exist:

1) He's a PR and we have two PR's in the game if we accept his supposition. Newbie games have four setups, and only two have RBs: both PRs, or no PRs.

2) He's lying scum and we should try to get a claim out of him and see if he gets countered from there, and it can be any number of setups.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

anyways, now that I'm dead who are your top scum reads?
I'd like to think I've helped the town in some way through my death.

I'm VT if you haven't already firgured it out :/

~Screwtape
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Twistedspoon wrote:anyways, now that I'm dead who are your top scum reads?
I'd like to think I've helped the town in some way through my death.

I'm VT if you haven't already firgured it out :/
Regardless: Charlie, and Mer.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Meransiel »

Twistedspoon wrote:triple Ninja'd:

keep him alive? what if that's what the mafia want us to do.

Assuming he isn't mafia the mafia could just RB him and thus make him seem scum by having a claimed PR still alive.
Assuming he is mafia we should lynch him.

really don't know why he softclaimed at all. It doesn't answer my question at all and there was no hammer on him :|
This and all other posts claiming that I was not in a tight situation, I WAS actually. Before softclaiming, I was at L-2, and a lot of people were rethinking Ts' scumminess (who was at L-2 too).

In short, yes, I was at risk. But the good part (for you at least) is that, given my self endangerment, I can now scumhunt and vote without consequence! :D

Still looking for slips, tho...
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Meransiel »

Twistedspoon wrote:in post 273 i never sugessted killing mer; that'd be crazy, at least for today

I really should have put the two posts as one; that's how my thought processes worked. It does look like I changed my mind though as i used two posts.
Read them as one post, then you'll see

and yeah I assumed there was a roleblocker. Is it wrong to consider the possibility?
Nope.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Meransiel wrote: In short, yes, I was at risk. But the good part (for you at least) is that, given my self endangerment, I can now scumhunt and vote without consequence! :D
no, you'll probably get nightkilled unless the mafia have an RB or wish to play Wifom

and what do you mean without consequence? We don't know for sure you're not mafioso, 'twas just too risky for you to be today's kill

and L-2 is nothing. L-1 + announced intention to hammer is when a claim should be made
you were safe from the hammer, at least whilst I lived.

~Screwtape
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Mute »

Meransiel wrote:

Assuming he isn't mafia the mafia could just RB him and thus make him seem scum by having a claimed PR still alive.

really don't know why he softclaimed at all. It doesn't answer my question at all and there was no hammer on him :|
This and all other posts claiming that I was not in a tight situation, I WAS actually. Before softclaiming, I was at L-2, and a lot of people were rethinking Ts' scumminess (who was at L-2 too).

In short, yes, I was at risk. But the good part (for you at least) is that, given my self endangerment, I can now scumhunt and vote without consequence! :D

Wrong.
Check out my newbie game where I was doc. I was lynched for the same thing you're doing now. You're in suspect.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Mute wrote:
Meransiel wrote:

Wrong.
Check out my newbie game where I was doc. I was lynched for the same thing you're doing now. You're in suspect.
This. You're also a liability in lylo situtaitons.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Meransiel »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Meransiel wrote: In short, yes, I was at risk. But the good part (for you at least) is that, given my self endangerment, I can now scumhunt and vote without consequence! :D
no, you'll probably get nightkilled unless the mafia have an RB or wish to play Wifom

and what do you mean without consequence? We don't know for sure you're not mafioso, 'twas just too risky for you to be today's kill

and L-2 is nothing. L-1 + announced intention to hammer is when a claim should be made
By "without consequence" I mean that it can't get any worse, so it serves me no good playing cautiously, so I won't. And L-2 is something if you're the prime suspect.

@Mute: there are games and there are games. Might happen, might not.

@Ghostlin: I seriously don't expect to get to lylo.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Meransiel wrote: By "without consequence" I mean that it can't get any worse, so it serves me no good playing cautiously, so I won't. And L-2 is something if you're the prime suspect.
prime suspect by 3 players. No majority would have lynched you today anyway
Meransiel wrote: @Ghostlin: I seriously don't expect to get to lylo.
That's the spirit :P

~Screwtape
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Everyone should read 1024. It's also got an instructional piece of the thread called 'How to lose the game in Lylo.'
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Mute »

Meransiel wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:

By "without consequence" I mean that it can't get any worse, so it serves me no good playing cautiously, so I won't. And L-2 is something if you're the prime suspect.

I am the type of person who does not like to use meta, but that is the meta of the site. If you do things that are anti-town you'll be lynched for them for being a liability to town.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Meransiel »

Mute wrote:
Meransiel wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:

I am the type of person who does not like to use meta, but that is the meta of the site. If you do things that are anti-town you'll be lynched for them for being a liability to town.
TS will die. If he is a townie, and at night the goons manage to kill another townie, we will be 5 versus 2. And in a 5 versus 2 situation, you can't exactly lynch someone for being a liability, you gotta lynch people that might consistently be scum.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Mute »

Meransiel wrote:
Mute wrote:
Meransiel wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:

TS will die. If he is a townie, and at night the goons manage to kill another townie, we will be 5 versus 2. And in a 5 versus 2 situation, you can't exactly lynch someone for being a liability, you gotta lynch people that might consistently be scum.
:mad:
I'm just going to wait for the mod to initiate N1. This reminds me too much of something I'm not going to discuss further as it's on-going.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

awww

but we were having so much fun :P