Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Mute wrote:
Meransiel wrote:
Mute wrote: I am the type of person who does not like to use meta, but that is the meta of the site. If you do things that are anti-town you'll be lynched for them for being a liability to town.
TS will die. If he is a townie, and at night the goons manage to kill another townie, we will be 5 versus 2. And in a 5 versus 2 situation, you can't exactly lynch someone for being a liability, you gotta lynch people that might consistently be scum.
:mad:
I'm just going to wait for the mod to initiate N1. This reminds me too much of something I'm not going to discuss further as it's on-going.

Suggested Reading:
Newbie 1024:
How the most protown players are not always your friends in Lylo. Town Loss. Also, why you should probably not openly claim anything, or point to a soft claim.
Mini Theme, No Exit Mafia:
Why you should hammer the person you're surprised is alive at Lylo. Town Win.

These are both games I've been in, both complete, and they're minis so only 30+ instead of 200+ pages long.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Meransiel »

Twistedspoon wrote:awww

but we were having so much fun :P
nachos
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I will make my comments on these occurances during day 2, as the day is now over.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vote Count 1.10

Twistedspoon - 5 (Forseti, Mute, Dazzy, tclawren, Ghostlin)

Meransiel - 2 (KingTwelveSixteen, Twistedspoon)

Not Voting - 2 (Charlie, Meransiel)

5 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

You're all convinced that TS is working for the mob. Handing him over to the mob of citizens waiting outside, they drag him off to a rather horrible end.

Twistedspoon,
Townie
, lynched Day 1

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The Mafia have struck again, taking out another member of the Council. Keep vigilant, and the perpetrators may yet be brought to justice!

Forseti,
Townie
, killed Night 1

Day 2 has begun. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is April 7.

I'm going to be V/LA until Sunday night. Very limited access until then.

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Charlie »

I'm thinking 1 Mafioso on the lynching wagon and 1 off.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Charlie »

I'm calling Mute & Meransiel. (M&M :) )
Meransiel gets the vote for blatantly calling out the setup is 2 goons.
VOTE: Meransiel

KingTwelveSixteen gets a facepalm for assuming that he'll be around on D2 to comment.
Kindness
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Mute »

So cool we're calling people scum based off of candy. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! :igmeou:
Vote: Charlie
because he owns the chocolate factory.

*poke* King1216, you said you'd give us your thoughts on D2. Would you care to?
*stab* Ghost; avatar get please and thank you.
Vote: Meran
You're still alive. If your D1 play wasn't scummy I might as well quit the mafia game since I lack the understanding of scumminess. Farmer I got a null-to-town read from from his play, but Meran's shot that to hell and back.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by tclawren »

@Mer
I want a full claim and full report NOW. Then I'll see about maybe sparing your life.

@Charlie
Why Mute? And where did Meransiel say that there was two goons? I'm not seeing it.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Mute »

Meransiel wrote:
Mute wrote:
Meransiel wrote:
Twistedspoon wrote:
Meransiel wrote: In short, yes, I was at risk. But the good part (for you at least) is that, given my self endangerment, I can now scumhunt and vote without consequence! :D
no, you'll probably get nightkilled unless the mafia have an RB or wish to play Wifom

and what do you mean without consequence? We don't know for sure you're not mafioso, 'twas just too risky for you to be today's kill

and L-2 is nothing. L-1 + announced intention to hammer is when a claim should be made
you were safe from the hammer, at least whilst I lived.
By "without consequence" I mean that it can't get any worse, so it serves me no good playing cautiously, so I won't. And L-2 is something if you're the prime suspect.

@Mute: there are games and there are games. Might happen, might not.

@Ghostlin: I seriously don't expect to get to lylo.
I am the type of person who does not like to use meta, but that is the meta of the site. If you do things that are anti-town you'll be lynched for them for being a liability to town.
TS will die. If he is a townie, and at night the
goons
manage to kill another townie, we will be 5 versus 2. And in a 5 versus 2 situation, you can't exactly lynch someone for being a liability, you gotta lynch people that might consistently be scum.
ISO #26
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by tclawren »

thanks mute
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Dazzy »

*Whistles*

Well that was interesting. Go away, come back the next day to find three new pages of posts and a lynch.

So. Should we bother talking about why Forseti was chosen or will that just lead us into WIFOM territory? (Actual question. How valid is post-NK analysis at this point?)
Charlie wrote:...
KingTwelveSixteen gets a facepalm for assuming that he'll be around on D2 to comment.
lol.

But yeah, now that you have survived King, care to share?

Mer...
Yes somewhat scummy play, but just a bit too unorganised for mafia imo. The doc claim puts a whole nother spin on things. I agree with TS here:
Twistedspoon wrote:
Meransiel wrote: In short, yes, I was at risk. But the good part (for you at least) is that, given my self endangerment, I can now scumhunt and vote without consequence! :D
no, you'll probably get nightkilled unless the mafia have an RB or wish to play Wifom

and what do you mean without consequence? We don't know for sure you're not mafioso, 'twas just too risky for you to be today's kill

and L-2 is nothing. L-1 + announced intention to hammer is when a claim should be made
you were safe from the hammer, at least whilst I lived
Mer made what I see as a new-player mistake with his early claim and his other statements about certain things. Whether these were new-town or new-scum mistakes, I haven't decided yet. While it's true that him being alive is cause for suspicion, TS is right in that it could just be a huge WIFOM play by the mafia, or they have an RB and so are free to kill more town players (keeping in mind that Mer has suspicion on him right now). By not killing him, they cause more suspicion on someone they know is town, and maybe get a mislynch. (I just realised that everyone probably already knows all this stuff I just typed... yay for thinking through typing.)

@Charlie: why Mute?

@Mute: Do you mind elaborating on Mer's scumminess? You seem quite convinced and I obviously don't see what you do to the same extent.

@ Mer: Who did you protect last night and why?

In summary, seems a bit dangerous to tunnel on someone who may be a PR side for our side rather than general scumhunting. On that note, I find it interesting that Charlie initiated a wagon on someone who is not necessarily mafia just because he is alive. Gonna wait for more reactions, and King's promised input.

Happy St. Patty's everyone.
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Dazzy »

EBWOP: Hopefully it's still St. Patty's somewhere lol. 12:52 here XD
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Dazzy »

EBWOP: wow sorry. misread, don't mean to misrep Charlie. Mute is the one who stated part of his reason for voting was that Mer was still alive. My bad.

On a random note, my shift key is being annoying, so my posts may be missing the occasional cap...

ERTW
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

@Dazzy: Don't head into NK terrority yet, full of WIFOM. Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor? He didn't claim as much as I read. That's suspicious you'd say so. Also, Mute's on the right track with his suspicions with Mer.

@Mer: Full claim. Targets. Now.

@Charlie: Why Mute? (I'm echoing Dazzy now.)

The Mer wagon seems full at the moment, so I'm not voting, but my vote for Mer does hinge on his full claim and target.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Mute »

Dazzy wrote:@Mute: Do you mind elaborating on Mer's scumminess? You seem quite convinced and I obviously don't see what you do to the same extent.
I'll try to keep it nice and trim.
Him being alive is WIFOM.

Factoids:
He claimed a PR D1 (I don't recall him ever specifying what role exactly)
TS was indeed a VT.
He said that there were two goons in the setup. (This isn't anything solid as he might very well be a townie guessing as to the setup. Doing so in D1 along with his other play doesn't sit well with me. (BTW the parenthesis are personal thoughts and inputs.))

Scenario A: He is town. He is says he was RB'd N1.
A1: He is cop and he was RB'd. ("Hey guise I'm a cop but I got RB'd N1 so I got nothing.")
A2: He is Doc.
A2a: He was RB'd and chose to protect Forseti ("Hey guise I'm doc but my protect was blocked")
A2b: He was RB'd and chose to protect someone else ("Hey guise I protected someone else")

Scenario B: He's scum gambiting.

It's too easy for him to follow any of the 'A' scenarios and use them to try and prove his innocence. 'B' makes more sense to me. Until we get either a RB flip or a cop AND doc flip, there is no guarantee there even
is
a scum RB'er this game. So if he wants to form an argument for his innocence based on setup speculation and confusing the town with it I say be my guest scum.

If there're any flaws you can see in this, point them out. For now he's my top scum suspect.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Mute wrote:
Dazzy wrote:@Mute: Do you mind elaborating on Mer's scumminess? You seem quite convinced and I obviously don't see what you do to the same extent.
I'll try to keep it nice and trim.
Him being alive is WIFOM.

Factoids:
He claimed a PR D1 (I don't recall him ever specifying what role exactly)
TS was indeed a VT.
He said that there were two goons in the setup. (This isn't anything solid as he might very well be a townie guessing as to the setup. Doing so in D1 along with his other play doesn't sit well with me. (BTW the parenthesis are personal thoughts and inputs.))

Scenario A: He is town. He is says he was RB'd N1.
A1: He is cop and he was RB'd. ("Hey guise I'm a cop but I got RB'd N1 so I got nothing.")
A2: He is Doc.
A2a: He was RB'd and chose to protect Forseti ("Hey guise I'm doc but my protect was blocked")
A2b: He was RB'd and chose to protect someone else ("Hey guise I protected someone else")

Scenario B: He's scum gambiting.

It's too easy for him to follow any of the 'A' scenarios and use them to try and prove his innocence. 'B' makes more sense to me. Until we get either a RB flip or a cop AND doc flip, there is no guarantee there even
is
a scum RB'er this game. So if he wants to form an argument for his innocence based on setup speculation and confusing the town with it I say be my guest scum.

If there're any flaws you can see in this, point them out. For now he's my top scum suspect.
QFT--also, do you want to be debating this at Lylo, folks? I've seen people fakeclaim Cop Day 1 and live to the end of the game.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: A good example of this: Ozzie and Millie Mafia: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16200

It's a little more advanced of a game (Mini Theme) and the game was a touch swingy toward town, but Day 1 showcases what Mute's discussing.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP x2: A thing to mention, that game is complete, so it's OK to link to it. If you are in an ongoing game, site rules essentally say do not link or mention it in another game. I am using it as an example, but it also showcases more of my meta.
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Ghostlin wrote:@Dazzy: Don't head into NK terrority yet, full of WIFOM. Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor? He didn't claim as much as I read. That's suspicious you'd say so. Also, Mute's on the right track with his suspicions with Mer.
Wow you're right. I let my interpretation of his softclaim get the better of my sense I guess. My only defense there is that I'm zombie-state tired I guess. And I don't "know" Mer is the doctor, like I said, made assumptions, and I apologise.

@ Mute, thanks for clarifying. I can definitely see where you guys are coming from now.

I'm going to bed before I start screwing up even more stuff. Sorry for the fails tonight lol. I'll try to be more alert next time.

Cheers.

ERTW
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Charlie »

^Hurr. I rolled my eyes like :roll:

-----------

Why Mute, eh? Process of elimination:
Vel-Rahn Koon #303 wrote:
Twistedspoon
- 5 (
Forseti
, Mute,
Dazzy
, tclawren,
Ghostlin
)
Meransiel - 2 (KingTwelveSixteen,
Twistedspoon
)

Not Voting - 2 (
Charlie
, Meransiel)
Dark green = flipped Town
Light green = my Town reads
Blue = myself

tclawren, who replaced gxw, gave a reply to my question which I found as a Town-tell. Thus, I've pegged him as Town for now, which leaves Mute. If you recall my previous read on him was that of null leaning Town.

For today, I'll disregard my previous Town reads on Dazzy and Ghostlin and I'll re-judge them on their play starting Today (Day 2).
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Meransiel »

Ghostlin wrote:@Mer: Full claim. Targets. Now.
Quite simple, really. First, no, I did not target anyone. Actually, I false claimed day 1 to limit the format a bit. Also, to protect the real power roles, if any. I'm Vanilla Townie.

Here's the deal: if I died, it means the mafia doesn't have a rolebloker. But I'm alive, so it's obvious they do.
Now, having that there exists a mafia rolebloker, there are 2 possible settings: no PR or 2 PR.

Charlie's posts look like those of a cop to me, and I guess he is so sure I'm scum he didn't even bother to investigate, so I won't ask.

Also,
Vote: Ghostlin
for hammering.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:19 am

Post by Charlie »

There're so many things wrong with that post I'm having trouble deciding where to begin.

1) WIFOM
2) More WIFOM
3) If, for any reason and you're Town, you don't tell publicly who you think is cop (or any other PR, for that matter)
4) Even more WIFOM
5) Why is Ghostlin's hammer so deserving of a vote?
6) Me and cops go hand in hand with internet cats, so if you've seen me mention anything related to cyberspace felines, than you can be sure that something's up.
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Meransiel »

That's not the point, really. Just, blast this site for not having an edit button.

The point IS, that your likeliness of being cop combined with the fact that there must be a doctor, which has been hardly represented, leads to this conclusion: no power roles, at all.

If you wanna lynch me, fine, but do note that if I die, you guys will enter lylo. This is not Appeal to Emotion, it's the goddamned truth :D.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”