A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You're hungry, you want fish, but you need to add fish to the pond first...no, I got nothing.

Can't be rolefishing, as Twilight didn't do that.
Is it something about how she's pressing deluded obv. town Kast?
Or is it that you thought MoI was just bussing in all that Twilight vitriol or something?
I would gladly accept any help in translating anyone can offer.

You do have my thanks for at least not doing that arms wide thing though.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Magua »

Thor, will you marry me?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by danakillsu »

vote: Setael

Nuff said.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Magua wrote:Thor, will you marry me?
Actually we've been married for three years already. I move quick.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Posting from my phone now, so just a few quick comments:

1) I don't think I've ever enjoyed seeing a flip so much. Haha. Hahahahaha. Ahahahahahahaha. Oh, this is so sweet. Nice try, MoI. There are a few people in whose faces I'm restraining the urge to rub this in.

2) I personally think there are either two scumteams or a serial killer, because MoI was an unlikely vig shot. Also, I'm convinced that Raivann is scum right now, and he apparently doesn't fit well as a Stark. Normally, I wouldn't base my theory of the set-up on reads, but his Feysal vote and dodging my pressure to explain it was a scumclaim. Like I said yesterday, Raivann is ridiculously transparent. Unfortunately, that means MoI's flip no longer clears us, but at least Raivann's will.

3) Thor, wait. Weren't you the one who said yesterday that you were only voting Zdenek so as to save Feysal, even though you had a weak town read on him? What changed your view of him? Whatever happened to your Raivann suspicions?

4) @Cow: ...ah. :oops: I'll discuss Kast with hito.

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

2. :?

3. Yes, I did say that, but counter wagon to Feysal still looks tasty for information. Raivaan wouldn't make me cry as a lynch, but honestly i want to see what Benmage says as he explodes on the scene before I get too excited there. Besides, 2-3 of my totally rectally extracte dreads have proven very accurate, I have to start doubting myself a little since I don't have a Fate sized ego don't'cha'know.

4. Guldurnit, am I seriously the only one with no friggin' clue what that guy is ever saying? At least I can spot how town Kast is without having a psychotic, murdering, mime, cow gesturing at me first though, so I can't be too stupid.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by Kast »

@Thor-
TS was obviously fishing, but that's fine since my post contains a pretty damn obvious implicit claim. I'm not going to share more until Zdenek claims, but suffice to say he's gone back to my top preferred candidate for role-related reasons.

Also, you're pretty bad at logic and making sense. When you make comments as if you are brilliant and baselessly attack/insult actual logical/rational/analytical players as if they are playing at your level, you're just going to annoy them with the pointless ad hom. This doesn't advance the game in any way, it will likely create more distractions & incite them to post off topic crap to address your BS. It's a bit less harmful when you're directing it at a dead player; but I hope you realize you're still being an idiot even if the dead player isn't able to tell you that.

@popsofctown-
Regardless of your much your post-flip analysis makes Feysal obvtown to you; lynching him instead of a no lynch was absolutely better for the town. Further, players who promised to DO THAT but DID NOT were being extremely anti-town.

@TS-
MoI could potentially be a vig kill. He was playing a lot more conservatively and avoiding major confrontations/arguments with people who might have a chance to lynch him. The thing arguing against that would be I doubt LMP would have vigged him and I doubt town has more than 2 vigs and a jack of some trades.

@Dana-
You were insistent on lynching Zdenek yesterday. Why the change?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Kast »

@Dana-
Nvm, read your iso again and it checks out.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Kast »

Andy wrote:Kast:
AGAIN. I was focused on keeping the number of town DEATHS at a minimum. And I wasn't 100% sure there WAS a Cult (being bastard and all). Though I look forward to playing with you here; hope we're table'd together.
To be clear, I thought you did great as a town force; and I hope you're town in this game. What I disagree with is your ability to ferret out cults :P
Show

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Kast wrote:Also,
you're pretty bad at logic and making sense
. When you make comments as if you are brilliant and baselessly attack/insult actual logical/rational/analytical players as if they are playing at your level, you're just going to
annoy them with the pointless ad hom.
Pot, kettle?
Also, I don't think my logic is anywhere near as bad as you believe it is. I just think it's not written in pretty little rows that would make you happier with it - I am quite capable of being extremely logical and pedantic if the situation calls for it, I have found my current style produces better statistical results in being correct in my reads however and thus choose to endorse it for the moment. If you really want to bring up a specific instance you feel I am lacking logic feel free, but I actually do think my current record in this game is not shabby at all whether or not I use logic in a way that pleases you.
And insulting dead MoI for the case he was pushing on me is tech, recognize.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 3.2

Raivann (2) Twilight Sparkle, Shadow1psc
Zdenek (2) Kast, Thor665

Nexus (1) Magua
Twilight Sparkle (1) Hasdgfas
Setael (1) Danakillsu

Not voting (11) Nexus, Locke Lamora, Benmage, Andrius, LynchMePls, Raivann, Zdenek, Setael, popsofctown, DrippingGoofball, Bunnylover

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Time to get social aka quicktopic time deadline is here
Deadline for lynches is here

*No one due a prod (duh)
* The thread title is amazing. I will hear no argument.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 am

Post by LimMePls »

Magua wrote:Actually, I just remembered that LMP didn't shoot diddin N1.

@LynchMePls:
Who'd you shoot?
If everyone wants an answer to this question I'll give it. As of right now, I think it's better for town if I do not.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Magua »

LynchMePls wrote:
Magua wrote:Actually, I just remembered that LMP didn't shoot diddin N1.

@LynchMePls:
Who'd you shoot?
If everyone wants an answer to this question I'll give it. As of right now, I think it's better for town if I do not.
Since you already claimed that you shot chesskid N1, I'm failing to see how it can be better for the town if you don't answer. You've already claimed, after all, so it's only four possible answers (Shot Magna, shot xvart, shot someone else who didn't die which should've been your first post today if true, or shot no one which *also* should've been your first post today if true)

Kast/Thor: Girls, girls, you're both pretty.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 am

Post by LimMePls »

TS hate is mitigated by both MOI-scum flip AND Feysal-town flip.

Vote: danakillsu

Magua wrote:shot someone else who didn't die which should've been your first post today if true, or shot no one which *also* should've been your first post today if true
I'm not sure either of these statements are true. Why should I claim these things if it helps the scum to know the answers and doesn't help us?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Zdenek »

Kast wrote: Hi all,
I'm about 85% convinced Zdenek is scum. I'd like to hear him claim before we enter the limited discussion phase. I have one pending question to the mod; it's unlikely to affect evaluation of Zdenek's claim.

@Magua/Zdenek-
You both explicitly stated you'd switch to Feysal to prevent a No Lynch, but didn't follow through on your promise (there may be a couple others I'm missing). Explain.
Kast, I'll claim my name, I don't see a pro-town reason to claim my ability now.

I'm Tywin Lannister.

I would have hammered Feysal had it been necessary to prevent a no lynch, but it wasn't, so I didn't vote for him.

The case on Raivann based on his meta seems reasonable to me.

Thor has not answered my questions about the "logic loops" that he's claimed that I've made, and yesterday he said that he thought I was town and voted me in hopes of preventing a Feysal lynch. Also,
Thor wrote:
Kast wrote: Hi all,
I'm about 85% convinced Zdenek is scum.

Really? Now? Meh.
Thor wrote: As much as it pains me to side with Kast, I'll clarify that I don't like his logic, but I am leaning for a Zdenek lynch today.
You say meh to someone who thinks that I am scum, which appears to agree with your feelings, and then you vote for me, providing no reason, when yesterday you thought I was town?

Vote Thor
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:34 am

Post by LimMePls »

Anyone else wondering if MOI-Thor interactions late D2 might have been some distancing?

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 am

Post by LimMePls »

Nevermind

LYNCHMEPLS – I IMPLORE YOU TO KILL HIM WITH FIRE TONIGHT!!!!

Unlikely to come from distancing scum partners.

V/LA on weekends
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Magua »

LynchMePls wrote:
Magua wrote:shot someone else who didn't die which should've been your first post today if true, or shot no one which *also* should've been your first post today if true
I'm not sure either of these statements are true. Why should I claim these things if it helps the scum to know the answers and doesn't help us?
Why would it help them but not us? Scum already know whether or not they shot xvart. Scum already know they didn't shoot Magna. We all know there's still the unexplained N1 diddin kill.

I don't see the "secret information" you're afraid of having scum have here.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Magua wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:
Why would it help them but not us? Scum already know whether or not they shot xvart. Scum already know they didn't shoot Magna. We all know there's still the unexplained N1 diddin kill.

I don't see the "secret information" you're afraid of having scum have here.
Occam's Razor - LMP is simply the scum sending in the kills
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

Shadow1psc wrote:Occam's Razor - LMP is simply the scum sending in the kills
That is the most fail application of Occam's Razor I've ever seen.

Whatever.

I submitted no kill because I was 1-shot. Obviously I wanted to hide this from the scum. They had to be afraid of my action if they don't know I only had one, so I could draw the NK or roleblocking. This is one of the things about my role that I was trying very hard to protect from blatant fishing yesterday (such as repeated requests for who I was going to kill). This is also why I kept saying that multiple town aligned killing roles are not at all that unlikely, if they were all limited/1-shot like mine.

Likely MOI JK'ed me last night, so a missing kill would mean nothing to them because they would be expecting it. But whatever, they lost their JK anyways, so unless it is two scum teams (which is starting to look doubtful), it's not as big a deal. I still think keeping it back would have been better.

Given that all 3 mafia flips are Stark, and that all 3 were power roles, and that MOI himself was starting to espouse a 1 scum team theory yesterday, I'm going to start viewing the game as 1 scum team + 1 SK(maybe Vig) who performed the diddin and MOI kills.

V/LA on weekends
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Benmage »

It is obviously an sk.

Name claim lmp please.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Bunnylover »

LynchMePls wrote:TS hate is mitigated by both MOI-scum flip AND Feysal-town flip.

Vote: danakillsu

Because that can mean you shot the GF role?

@Magua: I agree with you. I can't see any reason why LMP shouldn't come out and claim who he shot.

Preview Edit:
@LMP: Don't know why, but I don't believe you. Day 1 only had two kills, that means either that other killer hit someone who is protected or crosskilled, and to me looking at Day 1 kills I find it highly unlikely that it was crosskilled.
Or maybe I don't believe you because I had already decided yesterday that you were the SK.
Vote: LMP

Preview Edit Edit:
:O Yay I'm not the only one who thinks SK.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Vote: LMP

Messed up the tag.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

LynchMePls wrote:Nevermind

LYNCHMEPLS – I IMPLORE YOU TO KILL HIM WITH FIRE TONIGHT!!!!

Unlikely to come from distancing scum partners.
::hurdy gurdy dance::
But thanks for noticing, not to mention his wild, screaming, bad case didn't look like bussing...though I'll admit I was on the wrong end of that stick so I'm probably biased. Not to mention he was buddying me up until I suggested he was scum and then *boom* insta-Thor hate.

@Zdenek - Dude, I am amongst the most confirmed town here, and you seem to have missed the whole Kast, Twilight, cow situation. A vote on you is fairly tech and I choose to just scream 'gut' at this stage because I think it's the smart move. Let me assure you I'm not the smart town lynch if you do happen to be town, please go back and look for a different wagon so I can get a better read on you.

@Magua - wasn't I promised a "this is why Shadow is town" post? I want to move the newbie into a town slot with a pain that is akin to flaming gall stones, so please don't leave me hanging on that one.

@Bunnylover - LMP is not a smart play today, we still have a lot of town roles that could do all sorts of interesting to him if he is an SK, and at the very least we probably still have a scum or two out there to nail. Why don't we leave the SK speculation for a later date, yeah? Where are you on the Raivaan/Zdenek question?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm on page 47 now. Don't post until I'm finished. I'm currently learning about some sort of horrible thing called a five page treadmill and it quite scares me to death.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”