Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Exe »

Would it be possible to lynch Hresz-scum before the day-SK gets a chance to kill? Might be worthwhile.

Hresz is trying REALLY hard to find someone he can attack. Looks a lot like scum-flailing to me.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Exe wrote:Hresz is trying REALLY hard to find someone he can attack. Looks a lot like scum-flailing to me.
I tend to agree.

I also find it funny he chose me. Bad mistake for scum to a make :lol:
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Friend wrote:I still can't shake my feeling that the strike is a complete null-tell. It's anti-town and stupid, but those things != scummy, necessarily.
No matter how many times I read this, it still doesn't make sense.
Normally when you can't shake a feeling, it's a strong one.

The only good part of #135 doesn't even have to do with this game. Kublai Khan, are you scum?

I'd be willing to lynch Hresz if we did it quickly.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Exe wrote:Would it be possible to lynch Hresz-scum
before the day-SK gets a chance to kill
? Might be worthwhile.

Hresz is trying REALLY hard to find someone he can attack. Looks a lot like scum-flailing to me.

Oh.... didn't think of that...
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Wraith »

Sorry guys, I'm under the weather today, I'll have to catch up tomorrow.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Magua wrote:
GummyBear wrote:
We also don't like the people who've parrotted what's already been said
(we'll go back and look later). Looks like fluff to gain townpoints.

Also, Toog...is an idiot,
but that's been hashed and rehashed already.
Bolded for lulz.

Anyways, Hresz lynch is good.

Two questions for you, Hresz:

1) Why are you defending ThAdmiral against AGar?

2) Is MagnaofIllusion scummy or not?
1) bad attacks are bad attacks. Letting them go (possibly) unnoticed hurts town. It also lets people think they can get by with crappy reasoning

2) yes (I thought I made that clear)
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I was premeditated before the game started that I was going to strike impulsively on my first gut reaction... is that better MoI :)?

In all seriousness, I knew I can get away with it because:

1) It ended the Random Discussion Stage.
2) It promotes such interesting discussion.
3) It got wagons going!
4) My strike wasn't going to be lost on Day 1 of the game. I did it first to prevent this from being a problem.

Sure, it's nice to see the WWSDT arguments, but I don't give two shits about that appearance or argument. I do approve of the reads that are coming out of the controversy since then.

Agree/Disagree: We have better reads because of the conversation that came from me striking on page 3 than had we just sat here and threw votes back and forth that carried no weight whatsoever.

I also think it's funny that just because I don't have a strike anymore, that suddenly my voice is useless. Good job town. If you think that's the case, then why are there no votes to strike me down today, being a useless player and all?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Hrezs wrote:
Magua wrote:
GummyBear wrote:
We also don't like the people who've parrotted what's already been said
(we'll go back and look later). Looks like fluff to gain townpoints.

Also, Toog...is an idiot,
but that's been hashed and rehashed already.
Bolded for lulz.

Anyways, Hresz lynch is good.

Two questions for you, Hresz:

1) Why are you defending ThAdmiral against AGar?

2) Is MagnaofIllusion scummy or not?
1) bad attacks are bad attacks. Letting them go (possibly) unnoticed hurts town. It also lets people think they can get by with crappy reasoning

2) yes (I thought I made that clear)

Nope.jpg

UNVOTE: VOTE: Hrzes
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Bunnylover wrote:@Kublai:
A) Isn't the point of a vote to lynch someone? Just because you didn't go, "I WANT THIS PERSON LYNCHED" doesn't mean you didn't want that person lynched. You said yourself the wagon was "worthwhile" which to me read as you would be willing to lynch Wraith.
You were making your stand on Toog in that entire post without even mentioning Wraith except for 8 words. To me it would make more sense to place a vote on Toog if you had a lot to say about him more then a vote on Wraith when you had very little to say.
B) Just because their are 10 scum in this game doesn't mean I should ignore people setting up lynches. Thanks for admitting that you are setting up lynches. How do you know Wraith/Toog will flip scum?
C) Don't understand it. Have you relooked at this thread to see that more then one person was opposed to breaking the game, yet your vote is only on Wraith because other people are voting you.
D) Shifting the spotlight now? LLD FOS Toog and clearly stated that she wasn't sure about Toog action other then it was Anti Town. You didn't make a stance at all. When votes start piling up on Toog you can just come out and say, "Oh I wanted Toog to be lynched Day 1 too!" or when people forgive Toog for his action you really don't have to do anything because you never took a stance if that was scummy, anti-town, null, or whatever.
A) How have you played 12 games and don't yet know that not all votes are intended as lynch votes? Have you never heard of pressure votes?
B) Explain to me how wanting to lynch more than one person in a game with 10 known scum makes someone scummy.
B.5) I don't know is Wraith or Toogeloo will flip scum, but I heavily suspect it (more Toogeloo than Wraith)
C) What? Re-write that in a manner than makes sense.
D) Again, what? I called Toogeloo's actions a scum-tell. Do you not understand my position on Toogeloo's actions? Let me repeat it. It was a scum-tell. Do you have any questions as to what I think of Toogeloo's actions? Are you sure you want to state that I didn't "make a stance" on Toogeloo?
Nachomamma8 wrote:The only good part of #135 doesn't even have to do with this game. Kublai Khan, are you scum?
No. And what's wrong with my posts?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

congrats ABR, you get this..
Albert B. Rampage wrote: Ignore Toogeloo's braindead opinions and posts as punishment, maybe he will grace us with a more competent replacement.
QTF
..wear it like a warm blanket.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
CKD wrote:that was that game...this is a completely different game, your thoughts on DGB's comment?
Since the alignments of all players are explicitly stated on the Wiki page it looks like DGB ‘pretending’ not to pay attention. Null.
Fair enough, I agree. I wasn’t sure what you were saying in regards to her post, but now I do.
Toogeloo wrote:
I am 100% clear on how striking works, and I fully intended to strike the first negative gut feeling I had before the game even started.
why waste it so fucking early? that is my problem...have you EVER been in a game that after 3 pages you 100%nailed scum? I understand your thoughts on voting, but by VOTING we can find links between people ie help us scum hunt.
AGar wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
AGar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ThAdmiral

Nice deflection there.
I wasn't deflecting. I was pointing out a flaw in his logic, and also showing that he was being inconsistent.
That's deflecting.
this is a stretch, there is no deflecting here...scum points here.
Exe wrote: @ThAd: AGar hit the nail on the head. Your deflection is noted.
And AGar has a completely different attitude towards it than you. You are two different people, and so you both read differently.
Bullshit, it wasn’t a deflection…scum points for BOTH.

Vote Exe
, Agar, might believe that crap (but I dont think he does), but I really doubt you...I also dont like how you are jumping on Hrez as the wagon is getting hot.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Hrezs wrote: 2) yes (I thought I made that clear)
You know what is missing right after this post?

An actual vote for me.

Which should be there if you actually believed what you just wrote.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Your case is terrible.
And I don't know whether that Magua interaction is scummy or not, but I don't like it regardless.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Your case is terrible.
And I don't know whether that Magua interaction is scummy or not, but I don't like it regardless.
You'll give yourself an aneurysm looking that hard into nothingness.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Hrezs »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Hrezs wrote:And your other post which is
hyper inflated with quotes and questions that had already been asked and pointed out
. The latter was the one I was referencing (quoted in parts below)
Bolded – so you are arguing that my natural posting style is inherently scummy? Noted. Moving on to your actual comments.
I don't know your posting style, and it doesn't matter to me as I'm not going to write someone off 'because it's their style'. That's retarded as noone would ever get lynched

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Bzzt. It says that attacking someone on grounds of ‘not knowing the Town win condition’ is pointless since said win condition is public knowledge via the Game Wiki page.
That's not how I read it, but ok.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: I defend his misrepresentation that I wanted to wait til Day 2 to take action by pointing out he was clearly wrong. That scummy?

So you see justification for his strike? Please directly answer this question .. I’m very curious. Especially since your first post after the strike you said this
His justification(the way that I interpretted it) was your demeanor. The way you approached the vote and your confidence, all of which were as if you felt like you had some sort of backing and knew you weren't going to get lynched.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:If you saw justification in the strike why were you immediately tempted to strike him?

Cognitive Dissonance on display here I believe
Just because there's justification doesn't make it an idiotic move. I wasn't going to strike him(as I've said before, and tried to display in the second half of my post)
MagnaofIllusion wrote:And you do understand Mafia is a game of interrogating your suspects, right? I’m going to grill those people I think are scum. You don’t like it? Not my problem.
Interogating your suspects is one thing, parroting and worthless questions accomplish nothing. You weren't going to get any information out of those questions, so I have to assume you are asking them to make it seem like you were doing something constructive.
MagnaofIllusion wrote: So once a point is made no-one is ever allowed to state a similar sentiment for fear of being hit with a Wiki-tell? Yeah, I’ll express my thoughts as a I please.

And I’m obligated to immediately switch my vote when someone makes scummy statement?

If so why didn’t you vote for me immediately when you said I was scummy? Waiting for signs of support?
1)You can repeat something all you want, that doesn't mean I'm supposed to assume you had the same thought. Especially when you haven't shown to have any of your own at all. Not sure what you mean by wiki-tell

2) Obviously not. However when nothing changes, a lynch begins to pick a steam and then you jump on it, it's easily a sign of bandwagoning.

3)I don't vote very often(as I said before). When I vote I like it to be a person I'm incredibly comfortable with lynching. I feel my posts should have enough of my sentiment in them that my vote would change nothing.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Your post? Yeah, I know. Hence the "this post sucks, moving on" comment.

Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Exe wrote:Would it be possible to lynch Hresz-scum before the day-SK gets a chance to kill? Might be worthwhile.

quicklynching is always anti-town. Especially in a game where there are so many scum factions. Today should be about piecing together as many pairings as possible(on top of the obvious trying to find scum).

And by 'trying REALLY hard' you mean attacking the person I said I was most suspicious of before?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Hrezs wrote:quicklynching is always anti-town.
Wrong, try again.

Actually, this goes for most of Hresz's recent posting as well.

In other news I would be pretty willing to organize a quickstrike on Hresz now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Rampage's Vote Count

Hrezs (7): Magua, Plum, Exe, Albert B. Rampage, MagnaofIllusion, Friend, Lady Lambdadelta
Exe (2): ThAdmiral, Curiouskarmadog
DrippingGoofball (1): Untrod Tripod
Toogeloo (1): KageLord
BunnyLover (1): Kublai Khan
ThAdmiral (1): AGar
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Plum wrote:In other news I would be pretty willing to organize a quickstrike on Hresz now.
I will not hold it against you but I'm waiting for everyone to have posted some content first.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Hrezs »

Plum wrote:
Hrezs wrote:quicklynching is always anti-town.
Wrong, try again.

Actually, this goes for most of Hresz's recent posting as well.

In other news I would be pretty willing to organize a quickstrike on Hresz now.
How is it wrong?
I can't see the benefit of ending this day early(besides the outside chance of stopping an sk kill)
which would come at the loss of a roleblock and a lot of content
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Baby Spice (waiting for hydra? Why can't you post content now?), Wraith (catching up), DGB (catching up), GummyBear (no content), Kagelord (no suspicions), ObliviousDruidMuncher (hasn't posted anything), all these players need to comment on:

Hrezs
Exe

And ignore:

The dumbass that striked on page 3
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 pm

I missed a post from GB, he apparently distrusts hrezs. Care for a vote mr. Hydra?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Hrezs wrote:I can't see the benefit of ending this day early(besides the outside chance of stopping an sk kill)
which would come at the loss of a roleblock and a lot of content
We can't get a roleblock and lynch today - it is statistically impossible.

We need 15 to lynch
We need 10 to role-block.

We have 24 strikes.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Plum »

Right now we have 24 people. We ain't getting no roleblock unless we skip lynching, which most assuredly we will not do. Chances of avoiding an SK kill aren't to be sneezed at,
but
I was reacting to your statement 'quicklynching is always anti-Town' which is false. Quicklynching is sometimes not anti-Town at all. On the contrary. You painting quicklynching
you
in that light, especially when there is a possibility of a concrete benefit, though.

ABR - Doesn't look like an organized strike on Hrezs has enough support to go for at this time anyway. I see what you're saying but I'm ready if there's borderline support for going now.

EBWOP: I have a read on GummyBear if that counts; might not be worth much but.

Exe is on the scum side of Town which in a game so scum-dense is saying something. I mean, this:
Exe wrote:Hrezs is posting nothing more than the most basic levels of analysis. Classic scum-strat there. I pretty much agree with what has been said.
Vote: Hrezs

Bunny is acting way more suspicious than my only other shared game, in which BL was town.
FoS
with an extra serving of IGMEOU.
Finding reason to throw a quick suspicion on Hrezs (most basic levels of analysis? Would Exe honestly be able to classify this analysis as any better???) and Bunny (says nothing on Bunny, but the fact that KK was pushing suspicion of Bunny earlier on the page . . .). So yeah.

SECOND EBWOP: Partially Ninja'd by MoI.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Exe wrote:Would it be possible to lynch Hresz-scum before the day-SK gets a chance to kill? Might be worthwhile.

More then likely not anymore lol.

@Toog: I believe Toog is town. His intention was to get us out of RVS which he did. I've only seen one other person actually attempt to get the group out of RVS and he turned out to be town.
Also the ignoring Toog thing, I find funny. If we are not going to lynch Toog, then their is no reason to ignore his opinions and what he says.

@Kublai Khan: Your ignoring the points I'm making and responding with questions instead.
But right their, you admit that Toog action is a scum - tell, yet you vote Wraith?
You just admitted that your vote on Wraith was a pressure vote, but a pressure vote can be placed at any time and he already had about 8 so what is one more going to do to him? Why would you vote someone who you believe is SCUM to vote someone who you want to pressure?
How do you even do a pressure vote on people who you believe are scum? Isn't that like a contridiction? "Oh I believe this person is scum, but if this wagon doesn't work out, my vote was nothing but a pressure vote."
Really?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”