A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Read post 1732.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Locke Lamora wrote:
Vote: Shadow1psc

Discuss.
I would like to subscribe to your compelling argument.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Shadow1psc wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:
I am Tywin Lannister. I become night kill immune if Tyrion Lannister dies.
a.) why weren't you pushing a chesskid lynch d1

b.) why did you wait on claiming this

c.) Image
Point a) He was also town, possibly town power.
Point b) Valid. I'd like to know, you'd be untouchable.
Point c) lawl.

If anything, you should have hinted at this harder day 2, or outright said it, if not breadcrumbed something along the lines of "CK is totally town" after his name claim.
Quoting for those too lazy to buy in to LL's game. I'm not sure what you're getting at either.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Point B also goes along with "why didn't you play out loud/obvtown/hint power d2 once you knew you were unkillable, or outright claim power."
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Raivann »

Vote: Shadow1psc[/] I love this wagon. The reason I thought shadow was town early was because I thought his post wherehe said aww schucks i'm lannister. When I read my pm I was like ok im scum lannister but whose my scumbuddies. But yeah that's not really what shadow was saying.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Raivann »

vote: Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Raivann wrote:
Vote: Shadow1psc[/] I love this wagon. The reason I thought shadow was town early was because I thought his post wherehe said aww schucks i'm lannister. When I read my pm I was like ok im scum lannister but whose my scumbuddies. But yeah that's not really what shadow was saying.
That's... exactly what I was saying. What?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thor665 wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
I'm in agreement with cow (presuming I'm translating :? correctly).

First - if you believe his claim this is meaningless because he's town and is telling the truth.
Second - if you don't believe his claim this is meaningless because he's scum and is lying about the speed anyway.
Third - it doesn't even seem 'suspiciously' fast anyway.

Please stop burning your town points trying to get this lynch today. Pretty, pretty, please, with hot smooches on top.
First - Scum never tell the truth, ever? Kast hadn't claimed how much he knew, perhaps zdenek decided not to lie when the truth would work better. His d2 play doesn't contradict a bulletproof player. His d2 play contradicts a bulletproof
townie
Second - Valid, the point of me mentioning the speed was <First>.
Third - How could scumZdenek trigger his vest any faster? Killing chesskid N0? I'm saying the day game does not support bulletproof-townZdenek at all, yet the night game supports scumZdenek rather accurately.

LynchMePls wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
Appeal to probability is a fail argument. Also, what Thor said.

@pops: Even if Kast is right and Zdenek is SK, why exactly do we want to remove him right now? Starks have much more to fear from Zdenek-SK than town does.
Wikipedia wrote:The appeal to probability (appello probabilitatem) is a logical fallacy. It either assumes that because something could happen, it is inevitable that it will happen. This is flawed logic, regardless of the likelihood of the event in question. In this instance the fallacy is often used to exploit paranoia. A second form of the appeal to probability is the appeal to improbability or an appeal to impossibility in which the odds of an occurrence are drastically downplayed in order to bolster an insecure position or brush aside something that is problematic. This form of the appeal often applies to circumstances where the actual odds are not known.
I've never heard of appeal to probability. Wikipedia and the next two google links spoke of something with no clear relation whatsoever to my arguments.

I already explained the SK nonsense, you can go read my post on this page about it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh, so it's not on this page anymore. it's 1791
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Raivann »

Shadow1psc wrote:
Raivann wrote:
No you were saying you've never been scum and wanted to be
The more I think about it the faker it sounds.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thor665 wrote:

Please stop burning your town points trying to get this lynch today. Pretty, pretty, please, with hot smooches on top.
Are you saying you have a townread on zdenek? If that's so, an you explain to me why?

@Raivann: Pretty much everyone else in the thread naturally reads that post the way Magua does. I don't understand what you're seeing, but you're probably imagining it.
"Well, I..."
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

pops wrote:Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
This was your appeal to probability. Basically your argument is "look how unlikely this is to occur. Obviously it didn't". It's like creationists who argue that "it's impossible for all those amino acids to form the proper chain to create life". Just because it is incredibly unlikely doesn't make it impossible.

In other words, I find your argument that "well he met his condition quickly, isn't that convenient" unpersuasive.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Raivann wrote:
Shadow1psc wrote:
Raivann wrote:
No you were saying you've never been scum and wanted to be
The more I think about it the faker it sounds.
If that's your only reason for voting me, and only did so because someone else did, you're either a terrible player or.... no wait, you're just terrible, town or scum.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Raivann »

Shadow- Too long have you infected this thread with your Stark scumminess. You die today!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Nexus »

Resorting to insults, Shadow? How about constructing a decent defence?

Scum who are caught usually resort to insults. Convince me you're town within your next post or I'll vote you.
Trans rights are human rights.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Locke - I'm probably just the dumb kid in the class, so now Kast can do a dance of self-rightousness and everyone else can stay perfectly silent and act like they "get it" but I really don't. Is it a scumslip accusation or something with how he phrased things? If so I think I disagree with how you're interpreting them - otherwise I just don't know where you're going with it so can't discuss.
popsofctown wrote:Are you saying you have a townread on zdenek? If that's so, an you explain to me why?
No, I'm not saying that. That said - I am saying we shouldn't lynch him today.
Shadow1psc wrote:If that's your only reason for voting me, and only did so because someone else did, you're either a terrible player or.... no wait, you're just terrible, town or scum.
:neutral:
Nexus wrote:Scum who are caught usually resort to insults. Convince me you're town within your next post or I'll vote you.
:?
Nexus wrote:Thor, does that mean you're finally caught up?
:o

I am happy with my current vote and I don't even know what Magua's case is.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Nexus wrote:Resorting to insults, Shadow? How about constructing a decent defence?

Scum who are caught usually resort to insults. Convince me you're town within your next post or I'll vote you.
If you really need me to explain why I'm insulting Raivann's play at this point, you haven't been following along very well. I'd like LL to elaborate, not sure where he went. Let me word my last post as not an insult, maybe Raivann will understand it better;

Raivann - Do you have any reason at all for voting me that doesn't involve something that happened 50 pages ago? That was discussed and is generally believed to be a town tell? If so, why did it take you that long to point it out? What other evidence do you have to support this? What other negative points might you have against me?

Which brings me to: Glorified, hidden OMGUS, because I've been on him
all game
for not contributing, for coasting by when Benmage gave him a free pass d2, doing absolutely no scum hunting, and ultimately sheeping. Would you have placed that vote had LL not? Probably not Raivann, though it's moot to argue now that it has happened. Anyway, go on and prove me wrong Raivann.

@Nexus again - I'm not worried about proving myself town, because if you seriously think I'm scummier than Raivann, you haven't been reading. Make me think
you're
town.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Nexus »

That's nice for you Thor.

Likewise, Shadow, I'm not too worried about proving myself.

You're right, Raivann is still scummy, but you're the one who's resorted to insults. That's pretty classless play.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Nexus wrote:That's nice for you Thor.

Likewise, Shadow, I'm not too worried about proving myself.

You're right, Raivann is still scummy, but you're the one who's resorted to insults. That's pretty classless play.
It's frustrating when I've been highlighting it all game, and he does something like that (which btw, is the same offense I caught Xtoxm for in his short play), and no one really listens.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Nexus »

Probably because you've got about 150 posts, and most of them are one-liners. Many of them quoting wiki terms and generally offering very little.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Says the guy with < 50 posts :P

Also, I don't think I quoted a wiki term once?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 3.7

Zdenek (4) Kast, Shadow1psc, popsofctown, Setael

Nexus (2) Magua, Thor665
Twilight Sparkle (1) Hasdgfas
Setael (1) Danakillsu
Thor665 (1) Zdenek
LynchMePls (1) Bunnylover
Raivann (1) Twilight Sparkle
Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls
Shadow1psc (2) Locke Lamora, Raivann

Not voting (4) Nexus, Benmage, Andrius, DrippingGoofball

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Time to get social aka quicktopic time deadline is here
Deadline for lynches is here

*No one due a prod.
* Vc mistakes? Point them out.
*Keep it classy, please.
* The thread title is amazing. I will hear no argument.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Nexus »

ISO #153. You say OMGUS. Pretty sure that's a wiki term.

#141 Occam's Razor

#134 WIFOM

#10 WIFOM

Ok I thought there were more. But, you have used wiki terms :P

Definitely sure what they'll all mean, yes sir?

But yeah, your posts are generally one liners, and a lot of them aren't as constructive as they could be.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

LynchMePls wrote:
pops wrote:Is there seriously no one in this thread who is suspicious about the blinding speed with which zdenek achieved his BP status (if it works like he says)
This was your appeal to probability. Basically your argument is "look how unlikely this is to occur. Obviously it didn't". It's like creationists who argue that "it's impossible for all those amino acids to form the proper chain to create life". Just because it is incredibly unlikely doesn't make it impossible.

In other words, I find your argument that "well he met his condition quickly, isn't that convenient" unpersuasive.
I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying it did happen, which suggests it was intentional rather than by chance. Of course it could have happened by chance. I'm not proving a theorem, I'm suggesting an increase in likelihood.

Creationism metaphors are probably not going to make a lot of progress, so I'm not even going to look at that.
"Well, I..."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Oh, I thought you meant quoting as in like, defining terms for other people. Yes I use terms when needed, I've never understood why people feel the need to point this out when anybody does it (and I'm certainly not the only one to have). And yeah, I post short quips. The fewer words you can get your point across in, the better. Otherwise you end up with fluff.

I'd say my first batch of posts were related to general d1 randomness and getting acclimated to this many people. Then my voice dies out as it gets washed over. I could scream "Lynch Raivann" every post and I'd still be put in the background. When people have an obvtown read on me AND are content to discard my thoughts for 'bigger fish to fry', it's not as much incentive to keep stressing things. I contribute where I feel I have something of merit to say.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”