Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

The Unicorn Brethren frustrate us to no end. Please get your act together.

Also, questions, unicorns. I do not ask them so that they can be ignored.
Frogito Ergo Sum wrote:On the basis of a single post that we thought was a bad one, not even a scummy one (bad refers to the quality of the case, not possible motivation), we're apparently supposed to throw away everything we have on FD?
All right, so we know now that you meant that BeaverWeasel's case was bad. What does that say about BeaverWeasel's alignment? You've mentioned others in your posts today, but you've explicitly avoided saying anything about this slot except "they made a poor case" and "we didn't wagon them because Final Destination was scummier." You can't just comment they made a bad post and then leave it at that.

AGar also expresses his displeasure at your response in post 377. You know my feelings on the matter, but here's his: Your response was not satisfactory, and instead looks and feels ugly as a backpedal.

In other news, I'm seeing a lot of :goodposting: which gives me really warm, fuzzy feelings inside.

Finally...

Prod: BeaverWeasel, GummyBear

The day should not end without significant content from these slots.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

Lord Fonzi wrote:Froggy: Our big issue here is the FD vote. Jumping a wagon at L-1 with 'their defense of the accusations against them was weak' as justification looks about as obvious a scum piling on vote as this head has ever seen. That they'd shown no interest in FD earlier makes it even worse.
By voting without commenting on the meta argument we implicitly endorsed it. I'm not sure why you'd hold FD flying under the radar prior to that point against us - I don't believe there's any serious comment about FD prior to the meta argument by anyone.
Balam wrote:All right, so we know now that you meant that BeaverWeasel's case was bad. What does that say about BeaverWeasel's alignment?
That depends to a great extent on what type of players it contains. They've struck us as Mastinesque so far, which would make it fairly null.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

The "Not Quite Top of the Page" Vote Count:

FrogErgoSum (5): DaSpot, Greymarble, Final Destination, Balam, LordFonzi
BeaverWeasel (2):, YosFlavouredCayke, Copper
Final Destination (1): FrogErgoSum

Not Voting (3): Gummybear, BeaverWeasel, Unicorn.

With eleven alive it's six to lynch.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by GummyBear »

Catching Up Now:

FD vs. YFC is still odd. I’m still leaning town on FD, and his case about YFC buddying the crap out of Pathetric is decent, at least.

BW’s 323 further expands on this, and is goodposting. (except for his calling Pathetric’s “some noob” comment at the beginning of the game scummy; that was clearly a joke.)

To (finally) answer Daspot’s question about what we like about their 208: it is concise, well put-together, and well-reasoned. Shows solid scumhunting. *thumbsup*

YFC’s continued insistence that Pathetric is obvtown is becoming really frustrating. It should be apparent that nobody else thinks so. (However, the fact that YFC does lean so strongly to YFC being obv-town leads me to think that YFC may have been helping direct the NK)

BW’s 347 is baaaaaaaaaad. Whooooo boy. “Hey, we think that last post was super-scummy, but does anyone wanna explain why ELSE he’s scummy so we can parrot that? THX.”
Ooh! And followed up by this gem in 351:
BW wrote: So, asking someone to present a consise, neat case that doesn't require me to read through 13 pages of bullshit again is scummy? Ok then.
Course not, BW. Why would we expect a player to read through the game? Silly us.

DAY 2 BEGINNETH
Balam’s 360 is alright. The last point they make (about UB’s change of heart on US) is worth mentioning: They had earlier expressed suspicion of US. Why ask about what "changed?"

LF’s official hydra-entrance (361 is a good post, mostly because we agree with basically everything they said.

Fez's immediate response to that post is nonsensical. Surely ONE of the heads would have realized how disastrous it would be for scum-UB to have that rule in place. Additionally, he talks about a specific towntell committed by FD, and then votes for FD.

FD’s 370 sounds good to me. Solid reasoning, especially in the second half of the post.

WHOOOO. Fez's 372 made me go look at FD’s ISO. Guess what? The last time they mention a read on Fez was saying how they THOUGHT HE MIGHT BE TOWN. (Granted, this is in the case of scumYFC, but still.) I don’t like that change in thought process, FD. –townpoints for you.

FUTURE EDIT: This is addressed by FD in 379. Your explanation makes sense, but apparent change of heart is still a mild concern.
Fez: if bad =/= scummy in that post, what did bad mean? This seems like you reaching back and finding a way to avoid contradicting yourself.

The end of 379 is a good point. If Fez was planning on writing a good-sized post, why didn’t he do it at nighttime?

Welcome to the game, Copper. Your post is good. We have nothing in particular to comment on from it, mostly because we don't really disagree with anything from it.

UB is essentially our Village Idiot. I’m finding it difficult to pay attention to anything he says, since there’s essentially nothing to it.

YFC, we STILL haven’t gotten a satisfactory explanation from you as to why Pathetric was obvtown, despite your insistence that you’ve explained it. If you want to point out where you’ve made it clear why they were obvtown, it would be excellent. However, I don’t see it.

Scumreads (in order): BW, Fez, YFC
Town: FD, Grey, UB
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
GummyBear wrote:Balam’s 360 is alright. The last point they make (about UB’s change of heart on US) is worth mentioning: They had earlier expressed suspicion of US. Why ask about what "changed?"
On March 6, their post indicated they believed a scum team of YosFlavouredCayke, Frogito Ergo Sum, and someone to be decided later. In their very next post on March 9, they brought down the hammer on Untrod Stranger without so much as a word after 3 days of inactivity, so I felt it warranted some explanation. Looking back on their iso, I don't see their earlier suspicion of Untrod Stranger; the last post mentioning that slot was an apology of sorts for low activity.
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by GummyBear »

Aha...I did notice that, and thought it was weird myself. That completely makes sense; I can't believe I forgot about when I reread the post. >.<
Unicorn Brethren
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Unicorn Brethren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Unicorn Brethren »

We are totally ready to drop it like it's hot on FES, but will wait for him to speak first.
A wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)
Unicorn Brethren wrote:We are totally ready to drop it like it's hot on FES, but will wait for him to speak first.
About what, exactly?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Unvote

No more fucking unicorn hammers
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:03 pm

GummyBear wrote:Surely ONE of the heads would have realized how disastrous it would be for scum-UB to have that rule in place. Additionally, he talks about a specific towntell committed by FD, and then votes for FD.
If one of them had realized it, I don't think they would've suggested it (assuming there was a consensus in the first place; RC strikes me as a person who'd suggest it in-thread regardless). And that was a town tell committed by UB, not FD.
Unicorn Brethren wrote:We are totally ready to drop it like it's hot on FES, but will wait for him to speak first.
Yeah, no.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by YosFlavouredCayke »

THE CASE AGAINST FES IS TERRIBLE.

There is no reason to think they are scum here at all. This whole wagon is just being driven by Fate not liking that he's being voted, and it's just garbage. I'm going to be really pissed if they end up getting lynched today, I really think they're probably town here, everything they've done so far this game makes sense to me, and there are posts from them I would never expect to see a scum make.
GummyBear wrote: YFC, we STILL haven’t gotten a satisfactory explanation from you as to why Pathetric was obvtown, despite your insistence that you’ve explained it. If you want to point out where you’ve made it clear why they were obvtown, it would be excellent. However, I don’t see it.
Are you serious here? You really going to try to claim that I never explained why Ether was obviously town yesterdaY?
YosFlavoredCayke wrote:
Ether's reasoning for suspecting Gummy made perfect sense, and was about as strong as you'd expect for page 5 of day 1. The fact that she was willing to wagon hop to someone else scummy in order to get pressure going is a good sign, not a bad one. Basically as soon as the game started, she ran right out onto the high wire without a net, just to get reactions and to get the game moving. And what's more, she's clearly having fun doing it; if Ether's enjoying herself in a game, you can bet money that she's town.
YosFlavouredCayke wrote:
3: This sounds like you’re trying really hard to defend your townread on her. I can understand that… but it’s certainly not the first explanation that comes to mind.
Huh? What other explanation is there?

Take a look at her posts. She was the only person voting for you, and it's pretty obvious that her goal was not to convince other people to vote for you, or to get a quick lynch through on you, or whatever; her goal was to get a rise out of you, to force to to react to her, in order to try to get a read on you.

I mean, look at her posts here. First she tries to find out who you suspect. When she won't answer you, she says this:
Pathetric wrote:
Gummy wrote:I'm afraid you'll catch me if I don't rehearse all of my stances first.
-Ether
She eventually votes you, and then when you ask her why, she says this:
Pathetric wrote:Well, I'm gonna sleep now. Long day tomorrow. I guess you two can confer and figure it out.

-Ether
She's not trying to lynch you here, or trying to build a case or whatever. She's trying to get a read on you, trying to make you react or do something in-thread that will allow her to understand you, trying to pressure you into placing a vote or something, and basically is trying to piss you off if necessary in order to get you to react. At this point in the game, you were being entirely unreadable, and possibly deliberately so, so she decided to try and pick a fight with you to get a read on you; basically, she's trying to piss you off here so you'll do something, anything. That's a risky, and entirely pro-town, move; scum have no reason to make enemies like that.

I thought all of that was fairly obvious from her posting, and that doesn't have anything to do with meta. I'm not surprised it's hard for you to see it, since it's you she's picking a fight with here, but I was confused why Fate didn't see it.
4 & 5: We’ve never played with Ether before, and this is pretty obviously meta-based info.
Yeah, that is true, but I was under the impression that Ether's meta was fairly well known.
Seriously, you couldn't find those posts? It's especially odd since the second one there was directed to your other head, and your other head agreed with me afterwords.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Final Destination »

NOW AGMS GONE AND I GET TO PLAY.

The case against FES is that he is either hampering town or a SCUMBAG, more likely the latter given the player's within's standing at being somewhat competent players.

I mean, have they commented SWEETFUCKALL on other people other than an occasional? "This post is bad, This post is good" with even still a later QUALIFIER that bad posts aren't even scummy!

FUCKIN

KILL

IT

WITH

FIRE
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by GummyBear »

YFC, to clarify what quadz was talking about:
He thought it was odd that you you thought Pathetric was obvtown and expected everyone else to see the same obvtown tells for Ether as you did. While I accepted your defense against her because I could see town motives for what she did, it was still weird that it seemed like the meta you had on her was supposed to just be blanketed over to everyone else who thought she was scummy. Hence why it was "unsatisfactory," so to speak.

Though that comment came AFTER this observation:
Gummybear wrote:YFC’s continued insistence that Pathetric is obvtown is becoming really frustrating. It should be apparent that nobody else thinks so. (However, the fact that YFC does lean so strongly to
ebwop: Pathetic
being obv-town leads me to think that YFC may have been helping direct the NK)
Nothing to say about that?

-Singer
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm

GummyBear wrote:YFC, to clarify what quadz was talking about:
He thought it was odd that you you thought Pathetric was obvtown and expected everyone else to see the same obvtown tells for Ether as you did. While I accepted your defense against her because I could see town motives for what she did, it was still weird that it seemed like the meta you had on her was supposed to just be blanketed over to everyone else who thought she was scummy. Hence why it was "unsatisfactory," so to speak.

Though that comment came AFTER this observation:
Gummybear wrote:YFC’s continued insistence that Pathetric is obvtown is becoming really frustrating. It should be apparent that nobody else thinks so. (However, the fact that YFC does lean so strongly to
ebwop: Pathetic
being obv-town leads me to think that YFC may have been helping direct the NK)
Nothing to say about that?

-Singer
(shrug) I can't really explain how or why anyone who's pro-town could have or would have had any doubt about her alignment on day 1, if they bothered to read her posts and use their brains. If you want to know why certain other people "didn't think she was town", you should ask them; I certainly can't explain it.

As for your second point, it seems pretty self-evidently silly. What reason would I have as scum for wanting Ether dead?

-Yos
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Greymarble »

In case it didn't count from Grey's account:
Unvote
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Balam »

This is an obligatory post in green. Hello everyone, this is RayFrost. I dislike the great lengths Yos seems to be going to in protecting people rather than aggressively hunting for scum. I can understand hunting for town for PoE, but the exclusivity in which he seems to be doing this is highly bothersome. My other heads happen to agree on this matter, which is why I'm mentioning it. They might've put it a different way, but I don't really care: I'm posting in green. That said, we are not certain that this is indicative of YFC-scum and merely feel it's a point of oddity. The Unicorn Hoes really should get their act together. They are mindnumbingly town in a very, very bad way. Sure, obv town, but also obv-not-being-helpful-in-a-single-freaking-way. Content, not mystery, unicorns. That is the key to gouging the scum and feasting upon their (possibly nubile) flesh.
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Copper »

Frogito Ergo Sum, who is your second strongest scum read?

Gummybear, I liked most of your 403, except for the end that contained no vote. Remedy this. Having three non-voting players this late into the day is tragic.

As far as Balam's point regarding YFC playing a clearing game instead of a scumhunting: yes, I agree that this is normally a scumtell of decent merit. However, it's tempered by the fact that BeaverWeasel has not shown up in a week. Obviously, it is difficult to ask questions of BeaverWeasel when he has not posted for all of Day Two.

I am glad that GreyMarble has unvoted. With three non-voters, and one of those players completely absent from the thread all of Day Two, ending the day now would be shockingly premature.
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Final Destination
Final Destination
Goon
Final Destination
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Final Destination »

FINE COPPER

roast it slowly over a nice flame until tender...

THEN KILL IT
YosFlavouredCayke
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
YosFlavouredCayke
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:57 am

Eh. I tend to do a lot of townhunting and process of elimination scumhunting. Clearing 10 people as town is just as good as finding 3 scum.

Speaking of scumhunting, gummy's comment earlier got me thinking about the motivation behind the Ether kill. Considering her suspicions yesterday, and how she was likely to vote today, Ether being killled makes Beaver look worse, and Froggy (and, to a lesser extent, FD) look better. She was pretty clear in her intent to lynch Beaver today.

-Yos
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

BeaverWeseal has prodded and has approximately twenty hours left before I start looking to replace them.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by GummyBear »

Singer's reaction to Copper:
"Oh Shit!"

Sorry, quadz asked me to
vote: BeaverWeseal
in the post, and then again when I forgot to, and then...I forgot to...

It's especially stupid that I forgot considering my reaction TBM's last post was "don't do that to a replacement, just let him hang."
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Final Destination wrote:I mean, have they commented SWEETFUCKALL on other people other than an occasional? "This post is bad, This post is good" with even still a later QUALIFIER that bad posts aren't even scummy!
That post had "More content later." in it for a reason. Trying to paint that as representative of our play is scummy.
Copper wrote:Frogito Ergo Sum, who is your second strongest scum read?
Our comment on Spot was intended as an answer to this question the first time you posed it.
DaSpotthatkillsu
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
DaSpotthatkillsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by DaSpotthatkillsu »

Thank you for answering gummy.

Copper is definitely town.

What comment FES? that's just a link to the top of the page.

I'd post more but my other head has dosed off.

The QT is waiting dana.
ÔÇ£Look into any man's heart you please, and you will always find, in every one, at least one black spot which he has to keep concealedÔÇØ
Henrik Ibsen
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 pm

That was meant to link here
BeaverWeasel
BeaverWeasel
Townie
BeaverWeasel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by BeaverWeasel »

We want to publically appologize for our lack of participation in this game. We have requested replacement because it is glaringly obvious that we will not be able to play this game as a hydra. We hope you enjoy the rest of your game.

Dueces.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”