AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 am

Post by AGar »

@MoI
You pretty pointedly asked for my thoughts on something... then ignored them. :(
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:47 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

AGar wrote:
@MoI
You pretty pointedly asked for my thoughts on something... then ignored them. :(
I didn't ignore them but at this juncture I don't think arguing with you on it is productive. We have different views on the potential Town / Scum intent of Toog's play. I'd rather continue to hang scum (Hrezs, Wraith, others as they make themselves Obv) than argue with you when you are a Town read for me.

Thanks for answer ... I guess I should have said that in the first place ... :neutral:
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:50 am

Post by AGar »

That works. Was just curious that you asked then didn't acknowledge.

In regular voting mechanics, Hrezs is at L-3. How are we doing this, anyways? Once someone get's voted to technical L-0, we all mass strike?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:1) Voting Wraith doesn't have anything to do with playstyle choice, I interpreted it as FEAR.
Oh wait - did you say, FEAR?

Someone is emitting fear pheromones? I missed that. Where?
Unless there's meta evidence to prove that Wraith is of noble principles, his 'sportsmanship' post could very well be interpreted as knee-jerk terror of being blocked to death.

DGB, whenever you are ready to deliver a vote, given your strong words, we await. Hrezs is picking up fast and you are one of the few players here capable of mounting a rival wagon, so let's see some real scumhunting, yes? The challenge is thrown :P
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:04 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

AGar wrote:You did?

I couldn't care less. I'm just saying you're pushing attention away from yourself to someone else because they did the same thing. It's straight up deflection.
I guess the other main reason I reject the deflection claim is that I don't think what I was doing was scummy, and therefore I don't think what you were doing was scummy either. I was bringing you up to say "look: other people have said this as well and they aren't scummy either".

You're reaction, however, is another story.
AGar wrote:Dear god that Friend case was awful.
Well, since you clearly think my case is so shit, I'm sure you're about to school me in how to propose a really excellent case...
AGar wrote:Hrezs is really bad. Like.. really really bad.
...or not.
Friend wrote:ABR basically said what I had to say in response to this. This is a pretty baseless case. I also didn't call out Gummy for lurking - it was more towards ObliviousDruidMuncher and Baby Spice. I still think it was a valid concern.

Am I not allowed to scumhunt if my vote on is on another player? That's also not the problem I have with Exe, by the way. It seems like you're just skimming the thread.
I didn't realize about the other hydras, so fair enough there.
You are certainly allowed to scumhunt, but you've given much greater inclinations that you find bunny scum over hrezs scum. Are you voting hrezs because there is more support for a hrezs lynch, and therefore more likely to be lynched? Or because you find him more likely to be scum?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:18 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Exe wrote:Also:
ThAd wrote:You had me as scum because I was defending wraith's position on not wanting to break the game, right? If anything AGar was defending wraith's position more strongly than I was.
No, I had you as scum conditionally with Wraith, because I detected that your
intention
(keyword here, you should take note of this) when arguing against him was defense.
Agar on the other hand, I read as having the
intention
of calling a wagon stupid.
See how
inentions
can be different even though actions are the same? This is mafia: if we read everyone on purely actions, we'd be lynching every townie who didn't play absolutely perfect.
Actions are important, but not nearly important as intentions.
You can argue all day that you and Agar are the same, but the fact is that your attitudes seemed different, and therefore your intentions seemed different.
This actually makes sense. Fair enough.
Exe wrote:Now, however, your case on Friend....it's lulzy.
Gosh. Everyone hates my case...
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
ThAd wrote:In fact points out that others (such as exe) have been contributing just as little as hrezs. Still keeps vote on hrezs.
I see not one comment about Hrezs in your ISO. What do you think of him?
I found him scummy at the start for his non-committal posting, but since then he's done nothing but try to defend himself, so I am not confident in being able to get a read on him.

In a related note I have an interesting theory that I have developed regarding how lynches will work in this game. It's entirely impractical but I thought I might as well say it:
Basically because there is a lot of scum in this game I believe easy lynches are going to occur much more frequently. This is because scum will generally be happy with any lynch that is not of their own member. I am not suggesting all the scum are going to pile on every lynch, but I certainly think we won't be seeing as many divisive views on most wagons as you would in other games. My theory, therefore, is to discard the first bandwagon of the day as any subsequent bandwagon, comprised of a core of the people who weren't on the original bandwagon, will be inherently less scummy (or scum-driven) than the first one.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I have no idea how to read Wraith's posts.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Toogeloo »

AGar wrote:In regular voting mechanics, Hrezs is at L-3. How are we doing this, anyways? Once someone get's voted to technical L-0, we all mass strike?
Need over 60% for a Striking death, otherwise they could just end up hospitalized, and since you guys are adamant about this voting mechanic, I wouldn't go by standard L-#.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 am

AGar wrote:In regular voting mechanics, Hrezs is at L-3. How are we doing this, anyways? Once someone get's voted to technical L-0, we all mass strike?
At majority, first we force the lurkers and dissidents to strike our target, then we strike our target.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Friend »

Admiral, I'm voting Hrezs because I think he's scum. However, we have lots of scum in this game. Talking about one that everyone has talked about would be purely beating around the bush.

MoI, I wasn't defending Hrezs. I think that's the point I was trying to make. I don't see where you think I did.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Friend »

ThAdmiral wrote:Basically because there is a lot of scum in this game I believe easy lynches are going to occur much more frequently. This is because scum will generally be happy with any lynch that is not of their own member. I am not suggesting all the scum are going to pile on every lynch, but I certainly think we won't be seeing as many divisive views on most wagons as you would in other games. My theory, therefore, is to discard the first bandwagon of the day as any subsequent bandwagon, comprised of a core of the people who weren't on the original bandwagon, will be inherently less scummy (or scum-driven) than the first one.
So you are anti-Hrezs wagon?
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Why in the blue heavens are you still talking about a stupid noob that striked on page 3?

FOS Bunnylover
Mainly because I never made my opinion known.

@Kublai Khan:
In my opinion if you have a scum read on someone why not vote that scummy person instead of trying to pressure vote someone?
The way you put it was more of who everyone "will" lynched the next day more then what I would expect people to say which is who everyone should keep their eyes on as they can be potential scum.

Your vote been number 5 would fit in as a pressure vote, but I didn't read it as a pressure vote.

The problem with a pressure vote is that the whole logic behind it. If the lynch goes through and the person flips scum you get to say that you were on a wagon that lead to a scum flip, while if the lynch doesn't go through you can just say it was a pressure vote.
Its an easy way out of a wagon/on a wagon imo.
I have no mafia philosophy v_v.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Bunnylover wrote:@Kublai Khan:
In my opinion if you have a scum read on someone why not vote that scummy person instead of trying to pressure vote someone?
The way you put it was more of who everyone "will" lynched the next day more then what I would expect people to say which is who everyone should keep their eyes on as they can be potential scum.
Because I've played with Toogeloo. He's not the type to vanish after doing something stupid. I don't know Wraith.
Bunnylover wrote:Your vote been number 5 would fit in as a pressure vote, but I didn't read it as a pressure vote.
Then the problem is on your end.
Bunnylover wrote:The problem with a pressure vote is that the whole logic behind it. If the lynch goes through and the person flips scum you get to say that you were on a wagon that lead to a scum flip, while if the lynch doesn't go through you can just say it was a pressure vote.
Its an easy way out of a wagon/on a wagon imo.
No. If my pressure vote is on a wagon that looks like it's going to lynch, then I state my desire to be on that lynch-wagon. If I feel there's something off or scummy about the wagon, then I unvote.
Bunnylover wrote:I have no mafia philosophy v_v.
Obviously.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:At majority, first we force the lurkers and dissidents to strike our target, then we strike our target.
Isn't that at odds with the speed-strike plan?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Albert B. Rampage wrote: What are your other individual reads BS?
Not sure what to make of Wraith. Iffy neutral comment on Toog's strike early on, the tone of the "game breaking" comments more than the comment, and has felt "softly softly". Kinda flaoting along "lets not upset town/oops I upset town lets smooth it over" Leaning scum. Though I loved the 'C' stuff I have to ask. Is that kind of joking/serious post normal for Wraith because it could have been a distraction thing.

ThAd. My gut says that ThAd is sheeping the general town sentiment. Leaning scum.

LLD softly softly again. Softly goes one way, softy goes back the other way. If Hrezs is scummy for wanting to strike Toog/subtly support Toog, then so is LLD for showing similar pattern.

CKD leaning town.

Toog. Leaning town.

ABR. Clearly scum :)
Actually, while I don't like "alliances" per se, I'm by nature paranoid about such things, everything else is appearing good and stuff so leaning town.

MoI: If anything seems a little too calm about the strike. I know it's a large, I know normally the first vote or two don't pressure that much, and really it's a long way from being lynched. But there's no take backs in this one with a variant voting system. Neutral.

KageLord, Nacho, KK, Magua. Willing to take stances, which is always a good sign to me, lean town. Especially Magua.

Rest I'm still looking at.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Wraith »

Hrezs wrote:Oh, other people have noticed Exe.

[insert case against Exe]
This comes off to me as you trying to shift attention off yourself to Exe.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Wraith wrote:

Very true ... but what happened to your anti-Babblefish program speak?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Baby Spice wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote: What are your other individual reads BS?
Not sure what to make of Wraith. Iffy neutral comment on Toog's strike early on, the tone of the "game breaking" comments more than the comment, and has felt "softly softly". Kinda flaoting along "lets not upset town/oops I upset town lets smooth it over" Leaning scum. Though I loved the 'C' stuff I have to ask. Is that kind of joking/serious post normal for Wraith because it could have been a distraction thing.

ThAd. My gut says that ThAd is sheeping the general town sentiment. Leaning scum.

LLD softly softly again. Softly goes one way, softy goes back the other way. If Hrezs is scummy for wanting to strike Toog/
subtly support Toog
, then so is LLD for showing similar pattern.

CKD leaning town.

Toog. Leaning town.

ABR. Clearly scum :)
Actually, while I don't like "alliances" per se, I'm by nature paranoid about such things, everything else is appearing good and stuff so leaning town.

MoI: If anything seems a little too calm about the strike. I know it's a large, I know normally the first vote or two don't pressure that much, and really it's a long way from being lynched. But there's no take backs in this one with a variant voting system. Neutral.

KageLord, Nacho, KK, Magua. Willing to take stances, which is always a good sign to me, lean town. Especially Magua.

Rest I'm still looking at.

Bolded is hysterical.

Also, I have never advocated the striking of Toog. It's a waste of time and strikes. People should be concentrating on scum, not Baka Bear. He's a distraction.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Wraith »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Wraith wrote:

Very true ... but what happened to your anti-Babblefish program speak?
That was gimmick I felt like posting at that time to have a little fun with my posting. Since it's so hard for most people to read, I'll probably not do that anymore.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:DGB, whenever you are ready to deliver a vote...
I'm procrastinating reading the rules... I hate reading rules... I'd appreciate at tl;dr.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Baby Spice wrote:ABR. Clearly scum :)
My alliances seem one-sided and unrequited :(
Kublai Khan wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:At majority, first we force the lurkers and dissidents to strike our target, then we strike our target.
Isn't that at odds with the speed-strike plan?
I think we would plateau at 45-55% of strikes required with that plan, and then stall for a week for lurkers and dissidents to come around for that extra push over the cliff. Instead, once a majority is achieved, we have to enforce the entire population to submit to the democratic choice regardless of personal opinion.

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:DGB, whenever you are ready to deliver a vote...
I'm procrastinating reading the rules... I hate reading rules... I'd appreciate at tl;dr.
We /strike instead of vote. We can't take back strikes (unstrike). When 60% of the players have striked a player, he or she dies. We are now pseudo-voting so that once someone's reached a majority of votes, we mass-strike.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Friend »

Baby Spice, do you have any solid scum reads whatsoever? What do you find useful about posting your various townreads?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Magua »

Wraith's code will not compile. Not even close. I'm just sayin'.

Thanks to ABR for taking over the vote counts.

Hrezs remains scum.

Exe and Hrezs are not on the same team. Exe and Friend are also not on the same team.

DGB is more reserved than normal for her, which is setting off warning bells.

Bunnylover's play so far is the towniest of all the Bunnylover games I've seen; seriously. Putting BunnyLover into the null-to-town category.

I don't trust ABR, MagnaofIllusion, or LLD's play so far, but I like the force that they're bringing to the game. Also I like the fact that they're voting for Hrezs.

Everyone else just hasn't made enough of an impression on me yet.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 pm

You don't trust me sir?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You don't trust me sir?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Magua »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You don't trust me sir?
No, but your reading comprehension skills remain top-notch.

LLD I know less about; I've only played Multiple Personality Mafia with her, and that was a complete and utter trainwreck for the scum (which I replaced in as), so I'm still forming up a read.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”