Mini 1135: Deadmines - DONE. PRAISE AZEROTH.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

PAGE 9

also, I'm kinda sorta tempted to say "smargaret's vote on Starbuck isn't terrible"
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

smargaret wrote:Starbuck: There is a difference between "my strongest scumread" and "a strong scumread". I've stated before that Day 1 was too short to build any really concrete reads. I went with what I had.

Also, I openly said that I was leaving it up to Kairyuu whether I revealed my result or not. I don't like to reveal things about others' roles without their permission, and as soon as he said it was okay, I revealed the result. You're blowing things out of proportion and stretching to get a case on me, and then you don't even vote me? Instead you wagon someone for active lurking?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Starbuck

You realize that I unvoted you, right?

Now, who's blowing things out of proportion?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by smargaret »

Yes, I do realize that you unvoted me. That's part of my problem with you. You make a big deal about how my read changing on Kairyuu makes me scum and then instead of voting me you vote for the same person I was voting for - that doesn't make sense. It looks like you're trying to keep your options open and feel out whether or not people are willing to lynch me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Absolutely not, I read over dana and I don't like what I read at all.

When I first read it, I got a feeling of him trying to be hypocritical, and then when I re-read, I got the feeling of him defending Bub. The defense of Bub makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would he defend Bub unless Bub is his scum buddy?

Hence in my list of scum, he rose to higher scum level than you and thus, I unvoted you and voted him.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Back. Reading now. Expect something in 1-2 hours.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by smargaret »

sorry, correction - I was voting bub, not dana. Retract that.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Starbuck »

This is the second time this game you've made a mistake like that. First with assuming Mae wasn't voting for Enigma and now assuming that I was voting for Bub.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by smargaret »

yes, I make mistakes. I also own up to them.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

smargaret wrote:yes, I make mistakes. I also own up to them.
Nice subtle jab there, sweetheart.

I don't feel I've made a mistake. I still find you shady as hell.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Antihero »

Starbuck wrote:This is the second time this game you've made a mistake like that. First with assuming Mae wasn't voting for Enigma and now assuming that I was voting for Bub.
You're focused on the mistake and missing the part where Mae is kind of scummy.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Antihero »

So is parama, btw
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Parama isn't his usual gungho gotowngotown self, but I don't think he's scummy.
green shirt thursdays
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

(disclaimer: Partway through, some of my reads took a 180. The post has been left unaffected to better display my thought process)

Let's begin. My last big post contained this:
@smargaret: I want a good explanation as to why not sharing reasoning for voting is "at least anti-town." I expect this to be contained in your next post. If you cannot back up your assertion, then you'd better at least have an explanation for why you felt your pointless posturing was in any way beneficial to the town.
smargaret's next post was this:
Kairyuu - It's more or less moot now since I don't think you're scum (I got a one-shot tracker last night), but you pretty much explained why your post struck me as off. I was trying to pressure you and cut off some of those options I saw you leaving open.
In general I prefer to see reasons spelled out so we can come back to them later if necessary, but I do recognize there are times when it's better to vote and shut up
. I didn't see this as one of those situations.

dana - the case on Bub is more than just non-contribution. He's either skimming or rolefishing, based on his popcorn to Sathoris. I'm not sure how I feel about the massclaim restarting either; it was a gambit and it's served its purpose, I don't see any need to reveal any more information.

VOTE: Bub
Really couldn't care less as to your current "read" on me for the purposes of the above question. I'm fully aware of WHAT you did, thanks. I asked you WHY. I'll ask you one more time. Why is not sharing my reasoning "at least anti-town" (hint: the bolded is NOT an answer to that question)? If you cannot answer that, explain why you felt that your posturing was beneficial to the town. Note that if you decide to answer the second, you ARE admitting that your behavior WAS mere posturing, and was not intended to be taken as an actual comment on my alignment.

MOVING ON.

Starbuck's post where she ends up voting smargaret seems somewhat off. I can't really put my finger on it, but her D1 posting seemed more genuine.

OMGWTFBBQPANCAKE!!!!one!!!11eleven! ender's post. Just . . . what even is that? I cannot even in good faith call that scummy. It's just . . . completely illogical.
Starbuck, as far as the reasons thing, I want to see them spelled out for reference later so if you vote Person A for lurking and then don't vote Person B in similar circumstances for lurking and Person B flips scum, we can draw a connection between you and Person B. You know, because we're playing mafia.
In theory, this is wonderful. In practice, people miss things like this pretty often. Just saying.
@Starbuck: What bothers me is that you seem to just immediately believe the one-shot cop claim over the one-shot tracker claim, whereas I saw no difference in HOW they both claimed. There very well be a role out there that can give out two abilities per night, or there may be a mechanic (like a loot/drop system when a scum dies?) that automatically "rolls" for one-shot abilities. /speculation
The loot system would be really cool. I may have to steal that for use in a game if I ever get back to modding.

Apparently there was very little for me to comment on when I originally asked for the result claim. Meh.

dana's 175 I actually like. It sounds like the old dana-town that I remember from ages ago. Not that that's exactly a good thing, because said old dana-town was very good at getting himself lynched, but it's still a read.
I tracked Kairyuu because I've neither read nor played with him before and thus have no sense of how to read him, and because he was my strongest scum read still living at the end of Day 1.
This is self-contradictory. If you didn't know how to read me, then how did you have a scum read of me?

Kay. Starbuck is asking the right questions again. Suspicion temporarily assuaged.

Aaaand then she up and votes dana over something silly. Reeallly not making it easy to read you here.

Beginning of Antihero's 188 is super A++ win. Besides, apart from what you mentioned (which I noticed too, but kinda ignored), he hasn't actually been scummy. Just kinda . . . there.

Reck, you can stop pestering dana about content any time now. If you think he's scummy for it, then just lynch him and be done with it. Unless his entire PERSONALITY has changed, he's not going to respond well to your methods.

@dana: Mind shutting them up? I'm pretty sure all they care about is getting a more thorough playback of the game thus far from your perspective. I'd like that too, for the record.
Starbuck: There is a difference between "my strongest scumread" and "a strong scumread". I've stated before that Day 1 was too short to build any really concrete reads. I went with what I had.
You're missing the point. If you can't read me, then you can't HAVE a read OF me. Thus, anything I do would be, by definition, null. Further, in order for a null read to be your "strongest scum read" EVERYONE ELSE would have to be a town read. Your response does not answer for anything.

For the record, if we assume you're town, I fully understand your decision to track me. You had a stated suspicion of me at the end of the Day, and an ability that may have caught me if you were right and I made the kill. However, stating that you tracked me because you couldn't read me and because I was your strongest scum read really IS self-contradictory. One or the other, please.

Fucking hell. Writing up the first of the two above paragraphs just made me cringe so badly. My gut is SCREAMING that smargaret isn't the right place to look. Starbuck is looking better and better for a wagon.

The following exchange between Starbuck and smargaret pretty much confirms it for me. Looking at the two side by side, smargaret seems very sincere, if a bit overzealous (marked by several instances of getting facts wrong, which is definitely a town tell in my book), while Starbuck seems to be pushing way too hard on the things that I'm reading as town tells. I gotta say, I'm going to trust my gut on this one and move smargaret up my list, and Starbuck down it. Until Bub stops being all disappeared and actually tries to PLAY the game though, my vote is solidly on him.

Antihero is wrong, but still very town.

New list time.

Town:
Kairyuu
Parama
Sathorsis
Reck
Antihero

Leaning town:
Mae
dana
smargaret

Neutral:
N/A

Leaning scum:
Starbuck
ender

Scum:
Bub
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I approve of this scumlist except dana needs to be lower.

Other than that GOOD JOB KAI +1
green shirt thursdays
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:44 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Official Day 2 Vote Tally

11 players remain; 6 votes needed for a lynch.

Danakillsu (3)
- Xreckonerx, Antihero, Starbuck
Bubbiddrskns (2)
- Kairyuu, Parama
Parama (1)
- Endertwofour
Starbuck (1)
- Smargaret

Yet to vote (4): Danakillsu, Maemuki, Bubbiddrskns, Sathoris
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 am

Post by danakillsu »

I don't really feel like giving my read on every single player, and I don't even think that's necessary, but I will say this: I think I have a better scum candidate than Bub or myself.

MAEMUKI:

YESTERDAY:
RV'd Enigma. Enigma slipped. Maemuki stayed on him because of his slip. She contributed nothing to the discussion.
TODAY:
Parroted me about yesterday. Said she'd "let me post some content" as if it were her decision to make. Tried to parrot everyone about me "not posting content" while at the same time misrepping me. Something major changed between yesterday and today. Perhaps it was not having an easy scumbuddy to bus hard?

Vote: Maemuki
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 am

Post by danakillsu »

And when I say "Parroted me about yesterday", I'm referring to when I said that there wasn't a ton of info to be gleaned from it.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Parama »

Dana. We are lynching either you or Bub today. Stop wasting your vote.

Same goes for ender and smargaret.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Sathoris »

Received prod, sorry for my absence. Will comment later after I'm catched up.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 am

Post by smargaret »

Nope. We lost some discussion on Day 1, I plan to use today to build the reads we should have built yesterday.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Parama »

Stop it. You're town. Stop playing anti-town.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Antihero »

Kai on (I'm assuming) Mae wrote:Antihero is wrong, but still very town.
If you want to believe Mae is null, fine, but I don't see how anybody can justify a townread on her. Just sayin'.
danakillsu wrote:I don't really feel like giving my read on every single player, and I don't even think that's necessary, but I will say this: I think I have a better scum candidate than Bub or myself.

MAEMUKI:

YESTERDAY:
RV'd Enigma. Enigma slipped. Maemuki stayed on him because of his slip. She contributed nothing to the discussion.
TODAY:
Parroted me about yesterday. Said she'd "let me post some content" as if it were her decision to make. Tried to parrot everyone about me "not posting content" while at the same time misrepping me. Something major changed between yesterday and today. Perhaps it was not having an easy scumbuddy to bus hard?

Vote: Maemuki
Add the fact that Maemuki hasn't exactly been the content factory herself (hypocrisy, anyone), and I actually don't think this is a bad analysis.

But, dana, I would like to see what your read on everyone is (even if it is only a couple sentences).
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 am

Post by danakillsu »

Parama wrote:
Dana. We are lynching either you or Bub today. Stop wasting your vote.

Same goes for ender and smargaret.
Lol. You're trying to tell 3 people out of 11 to switch their votes to one of two candidates. And you're not even confirmed town. That's pretty sad.
Antihero wrote:
But, dana, I would like to see what your read on everyone is (even if it is only a couple sentences).
Grrrr...
Scum:
Maemuki

Leaning Scum:
xRECK
Starbuck

Null:
Bub
Parama
Antihero
Ender
Smargaret

Leaning town:
Kairyuu
Sathoris

Town:
Me

That's all you're getting. I'm not giving scum advice on how to play to influence my vote.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Antihero »

danakillsu wrote:Leaning Scum:
xRECK
Starbuck
lol?
dana wrote:Null:
Bub
Parama
Antihero
Ender
Smargaret
That's the majority of the playerlist...
dana wrote:
Leaning
town:
Kairyuu
Sathoris
lol
dana wrote:Town:
Me
LOL
dana wrote:That's all you're getting. I'm not giving scum advice on how to play to influence my vote.
So...many...lulz....

Yeah, you are scum. Now, are you distancing from Mae or did you hide your buddy in the Null list?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Response to prod. I'm really sorry I haven't posted much, but this week has been busy and I haven't been able to get online. As for the case on me, it has no base whatsoever. I missed the part about Sathoris being cop-confirmed town because the confirming post was somewhat buried in WoW lingo that I am not familar with. Most of the rest of the case on me is based on my random vote on Anti-Hero D-1. Read: It was a random vote.

Since it's obvious that the scum did not get the kind of role PMs we got, the scum are probably the ones who wanted to stop a popcorn claim on D-1. I'm checking that right now.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”