A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Andrius »

You
do
realize I'm trying to read the game-thread, and
not
get hooked up on youtube, right? :P

I'll be honest: I have no evidence at present moment. I only skimmed the pages since I joined.

More later, hopefully a full read-with-comments; Mikujin not being dead by now is pissing me off. :mad:
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Magua »

My bad. I thought you, y'know, had something. Because, y'know, you said you did.

How about you vote Nexus while you do your reread then?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Andrius »

I DO have something. That overriding gut-read (amongst other stuffs) where I go "SCUMSCUMSCUM".

I mean, I won't go so far as to outguess Faracore, but I'm fairly certain the whole "you know XXX to be town" is bollocks from Tywin (whoever he is, again, isn't paying THAT much attention to new stuff).

Nexus? He appears once in my notes. With a "leans townish". Not sure where that came from, but I'll hold off for now. Now, Mikujin looks to be a fine lynch 50 PAGES AGO.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Andrius, I had similar reservations as first, but think of this as a backup role with no primary. Saying, "You gain a power when Slappy the Clown is killed" isn't at all bollocks. Remember, the PM did NOT give him chess's name - chess just happened to softclaim his name for some reason.

Yes, it told him Tyrion was likely town, but Tyrion was likely town *anyway*. It'd be like running DC Comics mafia and having a role that told you -gasp -
Superman is a townie.

You seem to be under the impression that it told him the identity of Tyrion. It did not.

Bunnylover, zdenek is likely town after that claim, and if he's not town he's probably sk. sk hunting as a rule is generally a post-massclaim activity when we know for sure whether there are spare kills floating around. *We* don't see too much merit to the zdenek case at this point, and we wrote it. Blindly stating you agree with it isn't enough.

I agree that a chesskid shot makes tons of sense if zdenek is sk. Keep that one in the back of your heads.

Here is something amusing for you all:
Raivann 1768 wrote:I like Seteal, Twilight, and Bunnylover as scum atm.
Raivann 1804 wrote:
Vote: Shadow1psc[/] I love this wagon. The reason I thought shadow was town early was because I thought his post wherehe said aww schucks i'm lannister. When I read my pm I was like ok im scum lannister but whose my scumbuddies. But yeah that's not really what shadow was saying.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Magua »

Andrius wrote:I mean, I won't go so far as to outguess Faracore, but I'm fairly certain the whole "you know XXX to be town" is bollocks from Tywin (whoever he is, again, isn't paying THAT much attention to new stuff).
"You know
character name
to be town" is a far cry from "You know
player name
to be town"

You can always vote Nexus now, and then unvote him when you've finished your reread.

@Twilight Sparkle:
Raivann plays like Furcolow. Agree or disagree?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Magua »

Oh, and while I've got your attention, what made you put the brakes onto the Zdenek lynch D2?

Your post is all "Stay tuned" but all I saw after that was stuff from you about me that I ignored, and stuff from you about Raivann that I ignored.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Magua wrote:
@Twilight Sparkle:
Raivann plays like Furcolow. Agree or disagree?
Disagree. Furcolow votes early and often. Indeed, his problem is that he is often
not cognizant enough
of bandwagons and so frequently has less-than-useful votes. Raivann shoved his vote up his ass and left it there until someone showed up (independent of his "suspicions") that looked like an easy target.

Furcolow can be annoying to play with, but you always know *exactly* how he feels.
Oh, and while I've got your attention, what made you put the brakes onto the Zdenek lynch D2?
Minas gut had been swinging from Zdenek-scum to Feysal-scum. She also didn't realize how close deadline was, so I said, "look, we've got 22 hours until deadline, Feysal is the only lynch that's going to happen
anyway
, so if your gut is swinging, all the better. I'm just gonna switch to Feysal." With us off the Zdenek wagon, it was basically a no-go and she didn't need to write whatever post she was writing (because obviously zdenek wasn't getting to L-1.) I don't know exactly what she planned to put in that post; I'll leave that for her to answer.
Your post is all "Stay tuned" but all I saw after that was stuff from you about me that I ignored, and stuff from you about Raivann that I ignored.
aahh you're lucky MoI flipped scum or that'd be a paddilin'

-hito
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Andrius »

hito, you're not reading me crystal clear. :/

Superman could also be a fakeclaim.

Yeah, but... FFF

I'm reading. I'll be back. But I'm NOT buying this shit Tywin claim. No siree.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm reading. I'll be back. But I'm NOT buying this shit Tywin claim. No siree.
Wait.

1.) How many ASoIaF books have you read?

2.) Do you disbeleive the "Twyin Lannister" part of the claim or the "Modified NK immune" part of the claim?

-hito
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Raivann »

Here is something amusing for you Twilight:

Vote: Twilight Sparkle
Shove that up your ass. That is *exactly* how I feel.
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Andrius »

1) Half the first one.
2) Tywin Lannister. The BP doesn't help AT ALL. So I guess, the claim as a whole. :P
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Raivann wrote: Vote: Twilight Sparkle Shove that up your ass. That is *exactly* how I feel.
Who is more likely scum, shadow or us, and why?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Magua »

Twilight Sparkle wrote: aahh you're lucky MoI flipped scum or that'd be a paddilin'
Lucky? What if I like paddlin'?

Now, onto lynching's stuff. Since we won't be able to talk to anyone not at our table once the wedding starts, I thought I'd post this so everyone will know where I (and my votes) stand.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm no Benmage. I'm not a governor. I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there's one thing I do know:

I will not be lynching the following people today:
4) Locke Lamora: Confirmed town by way of lyncher target and flavor.
10) Hasdgfas: Confirmed town by way of dayvigged mafia.
11) LynchMePls: Relatively sure he's town. As scum/SK, very easy for him to just say "Yeah, I vigged Magna 'cause I'M THE BATMAN". Sure enough that I'm not lynching him today.
13) Raivann: Not Stark, and if he's the SK, he's doing a bang-up job.
14) Shadow1psc: Town.
15) Zdenek: Non-Stark, and mod-meta leads me to believe non-SK as well (as I'd either expect that to show up in the rolecop report, or for the rolecop report to be empty, like it was for danakillsu)
24) Kast: Busts out of nowhere with his rolecop claim. And rolecop doesn't sit right with me compared to the other town PRs seen so far. That said, he's *confirmed* rolecop (by both danakillsu and Zdenek). I'm content to let him get NK'ed, or, failing that, listen to his reports until lylo, and then maybe lynch him.
25) Bunnylover: Not Stark. Also, let this be known for the records, if it was an SK who killed Magna last night, that clears Bunny of being the SK as well, due to being the Envoy.

The dreaded "Meh" category
5) Benmage: Liked early D2 taking charge. Liked "no lynching Raivann/BunnyLover." Liked him voting Twilight Sparkle. Didn't like the fall-off when the Feysal/Zdenek wagons began to form. Don't have anything yet today to go by.
9) Danakillsu: If he's scum, he's a goon.
18) Twilight Sparkle: Tomorrow I'll know for sure on this one.
20) Song of ice and fire Thor665: Despite my proposal of marriage, may still be scum. Or may not be. I dunno. Love blinds.
21) GreyICE DTMaster popsofctown: Initial GreyICE townread continues to go downhill.
22) DrippingGoofball: Absolutely impossible for me to read. But, (and God do I put a lot of store by this) diddin's only townread D1. Scum buddy up to townies, not to partners. So that keeps her out of the 'scum' bucket.

I will enthusiastically lynch these people:
3) Nexus: Scum.
6) Percy Ghostlin Andrius: Very likely scum.
19)Mikujin Setael: Displays a lot of the same behaviors that Raivann/BunnyLover do, but without the scum also voting him. If not scum (I waver back and forth), at least not a townread.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

Glad to know you think I'm scum. :P
Anyway, working on that reread. Watching Green Hornet right now.

On page 42. I'm going to work a bit more tonight, more tomorrow morning, and hopefully finish. Sorry for the delay.

<3

-Ser Andrius Walker

p.s. <3's to Cersei
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

CORRECTION
Magua wrote:
MOD FRIKKIN CONFIRMED TOWNIES SO READ DOESN'T FRIKKIN MATTER

5)
Benmage
: Liked early D2 taking charge. Liked "no lynching Raivann/BunnyLover." Liked him voting Twilight Sparkle. Didn't like the fall-off when the Feysal/Zdenek wagons began to form. Don't have anything yet today to go by. HOWEVER, mod-confirmed town, so firmly on the no-lych list.
21)
GreyICE DTMaster popsofctown
: Initial GreyICE townread continues to go downhill. HOWEVER, mod-confirmed town, so firmly on the no-lych list.

The dreaded "Meh" category
9) Danakillsu: If he's scum, he's a goon.
18) Twilight Sparkle: Tomorrow I'll know for sure on this one.
20) Song of ice and fire Thor665: Despite my proposal of marriage, may still be scum. Or may not be. I dunno. Love blinds.
22) DrippingGoofball: Absolutely impossible for me to read. But, (and God do I put a lot of store by this) diddin's only townread D1. Scum buddy up to townies, not to partners. So that keeps her out of the 'scum' bucket.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Magua wrote:24) Kast: Busts out of nowhere with his rolecop claim. And rolecop doesn't sit right with me compared to the other town PRs seen so far. That said, he's *confirmed* rolecop (by both danakillsu and Zdenek). I'm content to let him get NK'ed, or, failing that, listen to his reports until lylo, and then maybe lynch him.
We have hypocop out there so... I can see a scum rolecop.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm

It's after four AM and I have work tomorrow, but just a drive-by posting:

-Magua, I know you said you completely ignored the posts in which we attacked Raivann and asked you multiple direct questions, but take a look at Raivann's town meta that I'd linked to yesterday. Admittedly, it's from a year ago, and some players on this site become lazier after time. But town!Raivann is nothing like Furcolow. Also, Feysal apparently did his own meta research showing this wasn't a fluke.

-Why are Raivann and Bunnylover off the lynch list as confirmed non-Stark, but you're going to "wait and see" another day on us? And why does MoI flipping
jailkeeper
(as opposed to Stark) change your read on us?

-My cold feet on Zdenek happened because basically, two of the points I'd been most proud of were misrepresenting him. I'd skimmed through the pages after Magua's 926 looking for any reference in Ghostlin's post to it. But apparently Zdenek was asking him why he
hadn't
mentioned Magua's post when Zden's opinions were symmetrical to them. (I still don't like that he felt the need to pad his "catch-up" post with a really weak point from early in day one against someone he said was unlikely to be a Stark, though.) And although I dislike that he claims to have coincidentally found Sotty's "soft attacks" of MoI scummy (that was possibly the worst point of the case on us), the narrative he gave for his stances on D1 was plausible.

And people like Kast and LMP dismissing our case as crappy also made me lose confidence in it (MoI's dismissal, on the other hand, was totally inept). Furthermore, in some of his defences, Zdenek seemed to genuinely believe we were scum misrepresenting him. And I didn't have any time to check the meta that LMP had provided (still haven't got around to it). So I started to worry that we were just suffering from confirmation bias.

Additionally, I was growing paranoid of Feysal. Part of it was that Feysal flipped scum in [REDACTED] and had been kissing up to me in that game, so it made me paranoid of his defence and sheeping of our Zdenek case here. Part of it was his lack of last reads. Part of it is that I've been the idiot screaming herself blue in the face trying to derail a scum wagon too many times.

It was just a bunch of small things that made me panic over how hard we'd pushed Zdenek, as well as reluctant to force another potential claim and save Feysal.

Oh, fuck. Now that I write this out, I'm starting to suspect Zdenek again. I hated his initial reaction to Kast's softclaim (the "it doesn't help the town for me to claim right away" comment was like a more wooden version of Percy's reaction to Locke's investigation on him in the prequel). He's also very robotic and passionless. He kind of reminds me of a more competent version of Zang scum. And why the hell did he just completely drop his Twilight Sparkle suspicions today with no explanation whatsoever? He doesn't follow through on a single read from day to day.

Also, something that's been bothering me overnight is that multiple people kept saying, "Yeah, the Zdenek and Feysal cases are both awesome. But you know, the Feysal one is just a teensy bit better because of the
connections
." And yet IIRC, not one person nominated Zdenek, their supposed second suspect. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

...goddamn it. This was originally supposed to be a
short
post,
white-knighting
Zdenek. Bad Mina, bad!

But the odds that he'd come up with that claim on his own are too low. Like Thor, I'd also assumed Kast had a tracking result on him. And a SK would probably be full bulletproof, not "modified kill immune" (and furthermore would probably assume he'd been tracked). So although I have one conspiracy theory that I'll save for private pony time, we should not be lynching him today.

Also, the arguments some people are giving against his claim are godawful. For one thing, stop saying the mod would
never
tell a townie that a certain character is Lannister-aligned. That's exactly what Faraday and Seacore did in
A Clash of Kings
. Loras Tyrell gained a one-shot vig kill upon Renly Baratheon's death. (Renly was run up to L-1 on D1 and claimed, eventually outliving Loras and surviving as confirmed town the whole game.)

More coming tomorrow.

~Mina
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 am

Post by LimMePls »

Magua wrote:9) Danakillsu: If he's scum, he's a goon.
Why is this a good reason to be in the "meh" column? How many Stark PRs do you think there are going to be?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 3.9

Zdenek (3) Shadow1psc, Setael, Bunnylover

Nexus (2) Magua, Thor665
Twilight Sparkle (2) Hasdgfas, Raivann
Setael (1) Danakillsu
Thor665 (1) Zdenek
Raivann (2) Twilight Sparkle, Kast
Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls
Shadow1psc (2) Locke Lamora, Raivann

Not voting (5) Nexus, Benmage, Andrius, DrippingGoofball, popsofctown

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Time to get social aka quicktopic time deadline is here
Deadline for lynches is here

*No one due a prod.[checking this though]
* Vc mistakes? Point them out.
* IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY THE VC IS GREEN WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BE FRIENDS.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:40 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Eddard Stark wrote:

* IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY THE VC IS GREEN WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BE FRIENDS.
:(
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Magua »

DrippingGoofball wrote:We have hypocop out there so... I can see a scum rolecop.
As can I. Rolecop is pretty much the only reason I can come up with why we'd have confirmed-town-hasdgfas and confirmed-town-Locke on Day 1 who are both still alive now. I mean, an xvart kill? The mind boggles.

Still, either his reports are going to be legit (which will help with finding the serial killer) or he's faking on his partners and then there's the possibility that a stray kill will out him.

A lot of this is based off the discrepancy in the PR strength that I've seen -- Stark is getting "normal" PRs. Town is getting 1-shots, conditionals (assuming Zdenek is real), and really, really weak roles like Voyeur.
LynchMePls wrote:Why is this a good reason to be in the "meh" column? How many Stark PRs do you think there are going to be?
At the moment, I'm going with "all of the Starks are going to be PRs". Every single one of them has been a PR that is usually associated with the town.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:-Why are Raivann and Bunnylover off the lynch list as confirmed non-Stark, but you're going to "wait and see" another day on us? And why does MoI flipping jailkeeper (as opposed to Stark) change your read on us?
I give Magna a lot more leeway in his bussing ability than I do the other scum so far, so even though the behavior is the same, I can still see scum motivation behind it. Call me paranoid. As for why the jailkeeper flip matters, I'll explain tomorrow.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Setael »

I still think Zdenek could be an SK, but I'm willing to wait on it.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:Here is something amusing for you all:
Raivann 1768 wrote:I like Seteal, Twilight, and Bunnylover as scum atm.
Raivann 1804 wrote:
Vote: Shadow1psc
I love this wagon. The reason I thought shadow was town early was because I thought his post wherehe said aww schucks i'm lannister. When I read my pm I was like ok im scum lannister but whose my scumbuddies. But yeah that's not really what shadow was saying.
More than amusing. This combined with the terrible reason he came up with for listing me as scum looks very much like he's latching onto whatever suspicions others state. Following Dana for me and LL for Shadow. I probably won't have time to ISO him until next week, but I don't have to look back to remember how much he coasted yesterday with his free pass.

unvote, vote: Raivann

I take it there will be no opportunity for claims after this week is up. If we don't come to any kind of consensus within the next few days (which would be miraculous) we may want to consider narrowing it down to 2 choices which would both claim before we're only able to vote in thread. Then wedding discussion could focus on those 2, everyone would choose between one or the other and no one would be lynched without claiming. I'd be in favor of one of the 2 being Raivann.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Raivann »

Kast scum rolecop? Interesting. That would explain him staying on Zed then switching to me.
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Raivann »

Setael- I don't like danas case on you.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Magua wrote: 15) Zdenek: Non-Stark, and mod-meta leads me to believe non-SK as well (as I'd either expect that to show up in the rolecop report, or for the rolecop report to be empty, like it was for danakillsu)
So you expect the SK to have NO extra power whatsoever? "You are a mafia B goon. You have no partners, though, good luck beating the 5 man scumteam i put in the game with every single member having a power. I'm an evil, evil moderator, go to hell."
Your attitudes toward danakillsu and zdenek seem rather inconsistent with eachother.

OKs although I am clearly not capable of conceding the last word on zdenek, the lynch hasn't been practical for a while, I've just been arguing.
unvote, vote Nexus
for now. I read all his really scummy stuff earlier, I can't remember what it was though. But 90% of what Magua says makes bunches of sense so I'm just gonna proxy my vote at him.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”