Newbie 1067 - Game over - Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

oh you TL;DR'd me?

Les: town
Dys: null/slicht scum
Nacho: town
Escho(replaced): null/scum
HwaG: SCUMSCUMSCUM
Inspira: null/town
mist: null
oh and Kcda: Town incarnate.

wait.. i missed someone.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

oh perry: scum.

my cases are on page 9.

sorry about the legibilty
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Zachrulez wrote:Where's my predecessor on your reads mist?
Why do you care?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Kcdaspot wrote:KAY THEN

HwaG? HwaG!

not much here... likes the les wagon after disagreeing somewhat in the same post. i assume he got ninja'd by les. though i hate that vote on les... what was the reason for that? i miss it.

OH WOW
HwaG wrote:Do I really need to explain how obvious itvm is why Im voting les or something?
Fact is, even if he is town he isn't any help. I don't see why we should drag it.
Every post he has made are spoken as if he knows who all the townies are and how the game will play out. He probably is not only a newbie, but also scum.
Now that I see that les as town that is THE WORST POST i've thus far. check out the bolded. "if he's town lynch him anyway so we can get on with it"? WOW.

vote hop to inspire, then a vote hop to perry.

are you TRYING to follow the wagon?
and then he unvotes beacause it was a "pressure vote"
read: TOP SCUM
and on that UNVOTE:

I'm finishing my reads before I vote. but you have just earned my attention good sir.

Inspira: null-town. lots of content. little activity as far as votes go... I'd like to see your reads as far as everyone in this game. ISO post 17 is odd, it's a case defense. that's about it. scumhunt moar

Mist: this is not your usual play. at the beginning you are your usual spastic self but you can tell she thinking about the game more. i can't pin down weather this is a town or scum meta tell. reading... her usual self on the cop thing I say had she persued it further i'd look at that different. I like the reads post sha gave in her ISO 22. it's a very clear list on how she stands.

her latest post has more content then ANY of her games thus far... I can't tell where she's coming from.. she's scumhunting a little, and caring about the game...

A cautious null read on her. we'll see how this goes later on.

and hey i'm done!
Must have missed it
You Are Worth It
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

@Mist: Your switch wasn't as scummy as kcd's because you didn't declare Les to be obvtown before switching. Also, what makes my approach toward Les different from my approach towards Perry?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Well from Les you were saying that he was making scummy posts and on perry your getting after him for to many excuses. If you want to know whats scummy about it is that you just tunnel on one person than switch your thoughts based on your gut and when you tunnel someone new you hardly bring into account your other tunnel's existance
You Are Worth It
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

My kcda vote wasn't based on gut. My Perry town read was based on gut.

And controlled tunnel is a good way to harvest town reads. It's hard for me to read people when they aren't being pressured to do something, so I put pressure on them. If content is good and townie, I back off. If not, I drive to a lynch.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Where's my predecessor on your reads mist?
Why do you care?
I care because I was curious to why she left my slot out while doing an apparently complete set of reads.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Reading into the meat of this game, from about page 3, the prevailing thought I had was that Les was scum.

However this opinion changed when I saw him continue to push on with his horrible play and ideas. The core of what is missing from what I would expect from Les' play is scrambling positions in an attempt to make the town happy with him. He pushes through with his convictions, his presumption of him being town, apparently unaware that it doesn't really mean much to anyone else.

So after the massive headache I got from that, I should point 2 important things out to Les right now.

1. Townies only know their own role, so your declaration that you are town doesn't mean much, and this strategy however well it may or may not have worked for you on other sites simply will not work here, it is considered poor play and is a great way to make you a target in general.

2. Rolefishing for the most part is considered scummy on this site. Rolefishing is any speculation that is designed to out power roles prematurely. You in particular have been doing a lot of this. Stop it. If any roles have any information they think is worthwhile to share with the town, they will claim when they consider it prudent. In addition to this, power roles are not guaranteed anyway. Any pr claim will immediately inform the scum as to what of the 4 possible setups are in play. (If you don't fully understand how, I can get into the details of it, just ask but for now I will leave it at that.)

With that said, the wagoning on Les was downright fascinating.
Kcdaspot wrote:Yeah i read his ISO

Les is a noob. get your votes off him. I've almost had this happen where someone was almost voted out because he was from another country and his post style was different.

ISO 3 is where everyone is getting their reads from? there is nothing definitive there. just odd placing of words.

Pedit: Okay THAT post was bad. I'm not voting him still. Do you have any reads les?
What is this?

Defending the new player and attacking him in the same post? This reeks of someone who sees a tasty bandwagon that they don't want to eliminate the option of completely.

In fact the whole way you build up to joining and finishing the wagon off really stinks too. If you thought his play was so scummy, why did you hesitate? Why did you even defend him in the first place?

Vote: Kcdaspot

On that note dysorder looks like coasting scum. I wouldn't mind lynching him at this point either.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

The reason he defended him and insultrd him is becuz he saw Les post and insulted him becuz it was dumb like the rest of his posts.
You Are Worth It
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I kinda abridged his shift, but this is his next post.
Kcdaspot wrote:
Les Guilelesser wrote:The core problem and fatal weakness of this Town Community (for those who on the Town's side) in this game is that they have adopted "why he said so?" approach so early brought in by more experienced players (Nachomamma8, for example, purposefully?).

As a result you have overdone it and lost in the blind alleys of misunderstanding and false decision making.

To change this I put forward some provocative and not matching terribly well statements in my post # 75,
thouthg clearly indicating that I am a Townie.
(Sure, I read lots of manuals on this game and I also know, as some of you do (Lady Mist7676, for example) that the player who mentions Cop for the first time can well be on the Mafia side and other tricks that are not so obvious for a newcomer; I played this game a lot with cards when a student with slightly different rules, though I am playing it for the first time on the net.)

As a result my post has brought out a storm of "brain analysis" and is coming down to its conclusion ... lynching Les Guilelesser.

Mafia has already won this day! Sorry, but this is the truth. Mafia may call it the day!

BOLDED
: We dont know that. we don't have your role PM. and posting such things will get you modkilled faster than anything.

those last two statements... MY GOD... those last two statements... Are you going to hammer yourself? I sincerely not. but BY GOD.

what you need to do is to put forth some reads.. just look back on the game and see who is scummy.

fair warning though: those last two statement earned a
FOS: les
Yeah...
dysorder
dysorder
Townie
dysorder
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by dysorder »

Nacho - And now that you've got the reads from Kcda, what are your opinions? You want to talk about the pressure on him, but haven't followed through now that he's posted them.

Face it, you just switch from target to target, pointing the finger elsewhere continuously, and don't back any of it up when the person comes through with the goods you request. You just switch to a new target, depending on how you feel. Here's a couple of options for you: Now that Zachrulez has joined the game and used your descriptor of "coasting scum" for me, you could always jump on that bandwagon. You haven't pointed at Mist, perhaps you might like to give her a vote and see what kind of hoops she'll jump for your demands.

Or, and here's a good one that I'd like to see, you could actually have a look at someone else who's been coasting this entire time, Hazard. You even had a go at him within the first few days for not joining you in pressuring me, and he's still stayed quiet this entire time, and you haven't even looked sideways at him since. Is something going on here? You single somebody out, they seemingly retort back in a negative fashion, and you just shrug your shoulders and ignore it? You say you want content from others, Hazard gives you one or two lines and you're satisfied. That to me is incredibly fishy. I've had a scum read on you for a while now, but this is just pushing it over the edge.

So,
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nachomamma8

FOS on Hazard for buddy for above reasons.

P.S. Zachrulez, welcome.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

dysorder, I know that I will not get absolutely any content from Hazard thanks to this game. It quite literally took him until LyLo to produce ANYTHING worthwhile reading.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Just a reminder, 48 hours to the deadline. If a majority is not reached, there will be no lynch, please refer to the ruleset. In Newbies it is no lynch at deadline. This was an oversight by myself
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Just a reminder, 48 hours to the deadline. If a majority is not reached, there will be no lynch
Could have sworn is was plurality when I looked yesterday.

Anyway yeah, we better get a wagon going.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Mist7676 »

>MFW wants a wagon!
Also I'm going out of town so
V/LA
till Sunday. Might get on at the hotel but don't want my parents catching me on here. Here is my last vote.
UNVOTE: LesGuilleser I'll probably vote him next day phase but I see no point since everyone -Idiots- thinks he is town.
VOTE: Nachomamma8
For reasons above.
KILL IC!!
You Are Worth It
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Mist: move your vote to HwaG.

everyone: do the same.

48 hrs and this is the top scum i got. time MAKE THIS BW HAVE NO BRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKES
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

clarify: 48 hrs till deadline.

WE NEED MOAR POSTING
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

@zach: would you rather me put him at L-1?

in my first newb game had a guy name zwetzsymarshen (i think thats right) he had a avi like a chibi-tiger or something.

he basically commited the same mistakes as Les is doing right now. because he was from new zealand.

I simply noted those statements in his posts because there was no town motivation from them. and my memory is fuzzy but I don't think i voted him... i may have... hang on..
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

no i never did vote him. I also see town tells from him in his more recent posts. see page 9.

HwaG needs to die though. Please.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 9

Kcdaspot 2 -Nacho, Zach
Nacho 2 - Dysorder, Mist
Hazard 1 - Kcdaspot

Not voting

inspiratieloos
PeRrY
Les
Hazard

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline Saturday 19th March 10AM EST
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:26 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Now it's a lynch between 2 people that I find town... and Hazard...VOTE: Hazard with a Glove

I might be convinced to vote Kcda if it becomes necessary to get a lynch, but I'm not going to support lynching Nacho today.
Mist, very convenient V/LA, now we lose your vote if we don't want to kill Nacho (The IC that I happen find townie) :igmeou: also what does MFW mean?

Nacho, how convinced are you that Hazard is town?

@Zach: It was, apparently Jason made a mistake when originally writing the rules.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Les Guilelesser 2011-03-15 14:28:14 2 days 0 hours
Hazard with a Glove 2011-03-14 23:42:33 2 days 14 hours

Dude... where's my prods?
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Mist7676 »

I'm going to see Brad Paisley in Concert in Housten!!
You Are Worth It
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Kcdaspot wrote:Les Guilelesser 2011-03-15 14:28:14 2 days 0 hours
Hazard with a Glove 2011-03-14 23:42:33 2 days 14 hours

Dude... where's my prods?
Please refer to rule 17, no prods are due... YET

jasonT1981 wrote: 17] Prods will go out if you haven't posted in 72 hours. If you don't pick up that prod in 48 hours I will look for a replacement. If I end up having to prod you a bunch of times I will probably just replace you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”