Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@AGar: Why the unvote, and why the vote for PZ?

@Mod:
I think pod person is still voting Barry.
Fixed, thank you.
Last edited by Dekes on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pod person
pod person
Goon
pod person
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by pod person »

bvoigt wrote:
Barry Allen wrote:refusing to join the easy Hiraki BW
Barry Allen wrote:I've been trying to decide between Hiraki and Pods
These two quotations don't really match up. You didn't refuse to join the bandwagon, you decided between Hiraki and Pod.
this is a good catch.

i like how as soon as i declare agar town, everyone else decides to pile on top of him. do you guys really not trust my reads? that's a shame.
on hiatus.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by subgenius »

You'll just have to forgive me for not being persuaded by your assessment of what one of the wackiest players in the game said when he voted for the other wackiest player in the game.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Votecount 1.3 wrote:subgenius (L-1): Erratus Apathos,
GreyICE
Ashblade
RobCapone
, Barry Allen, Bill McQuill
Bill McQuill (L-5):
Hiraki
Snake Eyes

bvoigt (L-6): Papa Zito
Barry Allen (L-6): subgenius
Papa Zito (L-6):
Hayker

Not voting: bvoigt, wikkiden
Votecount 1.8 wrote:
GreyICE
(L-0): Erratus Apathos,
RobCapone
, Papa Zito, subgenius, Barry Allen,
Snake Eyes
, penpen
Bill McQuill (L-5):
Hiraki
Ashblade

bvoigt (L-6):
GreyICE

Papa Zito (L-6):
Hayker

penpen (L-6): bvoigt
subgenius (L-6): Bill McQuill
Bluh, need moar flips.

EA, you want me to sheep here or what? I feel like I owe you for yesterday.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

bvoigt wrote:@AGar: Why the unvote, and why the vote for PZ?

@Mod:
I think pod person is still voting Barry.
bvoigt - take a look at the full thread. AGar voted me and I simply pointed out that the two players I considered the scummiest on the thread had both voted for me...suddenly with no explanation AGar drops his vote and switches away. I find it interesting (and a little disturbing) that just when Subs is coming around to recognizing I might actually be town, and just when AGar switches votes without explanation when he is called out as a scum, that you decide to vote me...

Here's my thought...I'd still like to lynch Pods McQuill today. However, I can live with an AGar lynch...his own behavior when called out - switching votes without any explanation - should be enough...and no, bvoigt, I don't trust your judgment as to who is town (apparently, I'm not alone in that idea)...
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Also is it just me or was that Barry vs. pods bit at the beginning entirely fabricated?
Kappa
Just Monika
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by subgenius »

Papa Zito wrote: EA, you want me to sheep here or what? I feel like I owe you for yesterday.
Are you two neighbors or scum or what? You clearly have something going on, and it makes me nervous.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

Papa Zito wrote:Also is it just me or was that Barry vs. pods bit at the beginning entirely fabricated?
It's just you Zito...glad to see you are back, but I'm disappointed that your first post back at a rather important time in the game was simply to offer to sheep. As I've said, I have no problem with an AGar lynch, but I hope you have more reason to vote than simply sheeping at this point.
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

It's due to lack of time more than lack of interest. When I get some more time I'll look through more thoroughly but I have to catch up elsewhere as well.

I told ya'll from the beginning that EA is extremely likely town and nothing has changed that. His Hiraki read yesterday tells me he's reading the game better than I am. So.
Kappa
Just Monika
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

pod person wrote:do you guys really not trust my reads? that's a shame.
Why in the world would anyone trust you?
Papa Zito wrote:EA, you want me to sheep here or what? I feel like I owe you for yesterday.
Any vote for AGar is a good vote!

(I wouldn't mind a pod wagon again, as I think pod/AGar/mozamis is the most likely mafia team. But after the mozamis flip, I'm much more confident about AGar.)
subgenius wrote:Are you two neighbors or scum or what? You clearly have something going on, and it makes me nervous.
We have a townie block going on. You want in?
Do you want your possessions identified?
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by subgenius »

Erratus Apathos wrote: We have a townie block going on. You want in?
Since I find myself agreeing with the three people on your list, I suppose it would make sense. I can't quite shake the suspicion that I'm going to feel extremely naive after the game is over, though. :(
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 am

Post by AGar »

bvoigt wrote:@AGar: Why the unvote, and why the vote for PZ?
I've played with Zito enough to be slightly worried that I can't get a read on him right now. He's being very passive-aggressive which is completely off the radar for him. Have a bad gut feeling because of it.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

Papa Zito wrote:Also is it just me or was that Barry vs. pods bit at the beginning entirely fabricated?
Why do you say this?
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Barry Allen »

bvoigt wrote:
Why do you say this?
I asked the same question...
Barry Allen wrote:
It's just you Zito...glad to see you are back, but I'm disappointed that your first post back at a rather important time in the game was simply to offer to sheep. As I've said, I have no problem with an AGar lynch, but I hope you have more reason to vote than simply sheeping at this point.
Papa Zito wrote:It's due to lack of time more than lack of interest. When I get some more time I'll look through more thoroughly but I have to catch up elsewhere as well.

I told ya'll from the beginning that EA is extremely likely town and nothing has changed that. His Hiraki read yesterday tells me he's reading the game better than I am. So.
My question was for Zito, but it appears to have been answered, at least for now. My question for bvoigt is...since it WAS asked and answered already, why ask again?
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:28 am

Post by bvoigt »

I guess those look like different questions to me. I'm asking why he thinks your argument with pod person was fabricated.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Barry Allen »

Well, let's hear from PZ to confirm then...I did wonder why someone who was off the thread long enough to be prodded would have as his first post back something where he highlights a group of posts where two players basically FoS'd and voted each other, but then offers to sheep on someone entirely different. His response regarding "lack of time more than lack of interest" indicated to me that he hadn't been paying attention for whatever reason. If you want to know more, only PZ can answer it...so...Zito?
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by subgenius »

Barry, you've got some sort of problem where you write a post that means something and then imagine it means something different.
Barry wrote:It's just you Zito...glad to see you are back, but I'm disappointed that your first post back at a rather important time in the game was simply to offer to sheep. As I've said, I have no problem with an AGar lynch, but I hope you have more reason to vote than simply sheeping at this point.
There is not a question in this post. There is not even a question mark in that post. Bvoigt did not ask the same question that you asked, because you did not ask a question.

And the answer that you quoted does not answer bvoigt's question in the least.
Papa Zito wrote:It's due to lack of time more than lack of interest. When I get some more time I'll look through more thoroughly but I have to catch up elsewhere as well.

This addresses why Zito is fine with sheeping, but does not explain his thoughts on whether or not Barry and Pod choreographed their argument at the beginning of the day. It does not answer bvoigt's question. It isn't even an evasion of bvoigt's question, because he is responding to a poster that did not post anything similar to bvoigt's question. He's responding to one poster that commented on his lack of substance (Barry) and another who asked about his trust of EA (Me).
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Dekes »

Vote count 3.2

AGar (L-2): subgenius, Erratus Apathos
Barry Allen (L-2): pod person, bvoigt
pod person (L-3): Barry Allen
Papa Zito (L-3): AGar

Not voting: Papa Zito

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and 4 to no lynch.

Deadline is
March 26th, 08:00 p.m. EST
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

AGar's trying to pull meta lulz.
Erratus Apathos wrote:Any vote for AGar is a good vote!
Right-o.

VOTE: AGar
Erratus Apathos wrote:(I wouldn't mind a pod wagon again, as I think pod/AGar/mozamis is the most likely mafia team. But after the mozamis flip, I'm much more confident about AGar.)
So I can see the pod thing, because that one sat until Hiraki happened. But what's the mozamis-AGar link?
bvoigt wrote:I'm asking why he thinks your argument with pod person was fabricated.
1. It started right off the bat.
2. It was over something retarded.
3. Neither one has pushed on the other since.
Kappa
Just Monika
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

Papa Zito wrote:
bvoigt wrote:I'm asking why he thinks your argument with pod person was fabricated.
1. It started right off the bat.
2. It was over something retarded.
3. Neither one has pushed on the other since.
Papa Zito, you right about point one...it did start right away. I'll disagree with you on point 2 completely. As for point three, you are only right about Pods McQuill...as for whether I've pushed on Pods since...let's look at...

Post 1134
Barry Allen wrote:@ EA - My last post was simply pointing out that while Subs and others have moved around from voting one townie to another by mistake,
I've FoS'd Bill and later Pods for quite sometime and believe this is a good vote
Post 1137
Barry Allen wrote:I believe prior to Pods taking over, Bill McQuill successfully hid from the thread at just the right times to let the heat go elsewhere. I also believe the wall-o-texts posted by Pods since he took over have not been truly helpful and are only another way of "hiding in plain sight". While I have no problem with an Agar lynch (by any reasonable count we have so far there is more than 1 scum left) - but
I do believe my vote on Pods is correct
Post 1140
Barry Allen wrote:IMO - I've just been voted on by the two players who are likely the remaining mafia scum.
My vote is still on Pods McQuill
- but if these are the top two votes on me I will wear them like a badge of honor. @ AGar - you are saying "nothing of value" from THAT position in the roster? From the "penpen" spot on the roster? Really? wow...
Post 1143
Barry Allen wrote:I AM saying we haven't tested my FoS on Pods McQuill - the vote for Hiraki (which did include you) was obviously wrong...our other lynches has also been wrong so far, and part of that is due to Bill having "hidden" off thread at critical times for his own protection prior to Pods taking over. Since that time, Pods has done nothing to remove my suspicion of that spot in the roster, and I think it's time to test out what I believe to be a reasonable suspicion of Pods. I don't have a problem with Agar being a lynch, as there should be more than one maf and I can certainly see reason to suspect AGar. But,
I also believe Pods is scum
- and my vote stays.
Post 1146
Barry Allen wrote:CLEARLY STATED (
not implied
)
CONCLUSION: PODS McQUILL IS SCUM AND SHOULD RECEIVE OUR VOTES
Post 1154
Barry Allen wrote:Here's my thought...
I'd still like to lynch Pods McQuill today
. However, I can live with an AGar lynch...his own behavior when called out - switching votes without any explanation - should be enough...
This takes us all the way up to when Papa Zito rejoined the thread, and FAR beyond any exchanges with Pods McQuill. Pods may not have continued to push me, but I have certainly continued to push for a Pods lynch. Unfortunately, I am pushing all alone for that Pods lynch and do not seem to be convincing anyone to join me.

I STILL believe that Pods is the best lynch vote for today
, but I cannot get more votes on him than my own. Given that I do not believe a Pods lynch is possible today (and I cannot believe he is escaping yet another day), I can at least live with the idea that an AGar lynch is a good one. As you will note from some of the above posts, I have stated that I can live with an AGar lynch...so...

UNVOTE

VOTE: AGar

and yes, I believe this is the hammer. I believe we have voted well, and I also believe a Pods lynch is our best option for tomorrow.
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

That's not pushing, that's whining.

I guess this is academic tho.

Are we dead now?
Kappa
Just Monika
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Dekes »

Vote count 3.3

AGar (L-0): subgenius, Erratus Apathos, Papa Zito, Barry Allen

Barry Allen (L-2): pod person, bvoigt
Papa Zito (L-3): AGar

Not voting:

After last night's events, you feel confident that AGar must be one of the bad guys. He was hanging out with mozamis just a tad too much. And although your numbers are shrinking you waste no time and AGar hangs before lunch is served. You search his body and you quickly turn up a gun that was tucked behind his belt. And a syringe? And some meds? These mafia guys sure have a couple of tricks up their sleeves.
The rest of the afternoon you spend rejoicing feeling sure the nightmare will soon be over. One of you attaches one of mozamis' notes to AGar's lifeless body. "You're next!" - as a warning to all others who dare to threaten Averagely Suspicious.

AGar,
Mafia Doc
, lynched Day 3

It is now Night 3.

Night actions are due
March 17th, 10:30 p.m. EST
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Dekes »

Another day and all of you gather once more for what you believe will be the last time on the town square. But what is this? Two missing, again? What is this madness? Isn't the mafia supposed to be elimindated once and for all after AGar is dead? And who is this second killer that's still at large? What are his motives and whose side is he on?

You head over to Erratus Apathos' house and the shocking realization that all of this has become routine by now is not lost on any of you. As you arrive at the door, it becomes evident that Erratus, too, was not home during the night. He is still wearing his coat as he is lying dead in front of you, that dreadful note lying next to his face: "It's over soon!"
A shiny flash on Erratus' hand catches your eye. A ring. One of you kneels down to investigate it: "Better men make a better world - Averagely Suspicious Masons" the engraving reads...a silent sob is heard.

Erratus Apathos, Town Mason, killed Night 3

Subgenius' house is right next door. But not much of his door is left, and you make your way over to his bedroom. It looks almost as if he's sleeping but the blood dripping through his mattress reveals the truth.

subgenius, Vanilla Townie, killed Night 3

Will you be able to stop the killing before Averagely Suspicious is lost for good?

It is now Day 4.
Last edited by Dekes on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Dekes »

Vote count 4.0

Not voting: bvoigt, Papa Zito, pod person, Barry Allen

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and 2 to no lynch.

Deadline is
March, the 31st, 10.30 p.m. EST
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

Folks, I'm taking a look at this...tried to work the math over and over, and I've come to a conclusion...

We can't win...

Seriously, the town is screwed. We have a serial killer round with a mafioso also still living. If we lynch a mafioso today, the serial killer will kill off one of the remaining townies that night, there is a tie vote the next day, and the next night gg SK. However, if we lynch the SK today, the maf does the same scenario and wins.

In other words, a successful lynch means we lose either way. Please feel free to run the numbers yourself. There is only one very far-fetched scenario that works...we lynch a townie on purpose, then the SK and mafia are stupid enough to hit each other tonight. I don't see that happening, and in any other scenario we are done for. This means we have one thing left we CAN do...decide who wins, the SK or the Maf. So, I'm asking for something unusual...

Will the mafia and SK please stand up and claim? It is time for you to stand up and let the town decide which of you has played the better game. We'll see what our next move is after everyone speaks up.
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”