A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Benmage »

Nexus wrote: In other news, Andrius' catch up post would've been more use if he'd commented on everyone thoroughly.
Is this for fucking real...?

NEXUS before posting ends lets hear detailed opinions on everyone in the game and your ranging view on them from town to scum. THOROUGHLY

It should be easy, since you've already read the game and must have great insight readily available and easy to describe to us poor lost souls.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Benmage »

I think we should get claims from Nexus and Raivann.

I am also

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<< this close to governoring Raivann just so that we have to lynch Zed or Nexus.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm emotionally quite happy with that plan.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 3.13

Zdenek (5) Bunnylover, DrippingGoofball, Andrius, Thor665, Benmage
Nexus (3) Magua, popsofctown, Raivann
Setael (1) Danakillsu
Raivann (6) Kast, Setael, Hasdgfas, Shadow1psc, Nexus, Twilight Sparkle

Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls
Shadow1psc (1) Locke Lamora
Andrius (1) Zdenek

Not voting (0) No one.

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Time to get social aka quicktopic time deadline is here
Deadline for lynches is here

*No one due a prod.
* Vc mistakes? Point them out.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Andrius »

My defense is not "pot meet kettle". I just saw it somewhat hypocritical of you to chastise me on my catchup when you're living in page 30ish. :P Your "better" should be to catchup.

"Fairly reasonable" when you skimmed isn't cool, Kast. :P I'm not forcing you to read it, but at least read my reads and stuff. :/

HasdgfasHasCow is scum. I've seen worse PRs and better play from town-PRs like that. He's not trying very hard. Sitting on his butt and sipping an ale while we actually try? Hah.

HEY COW. PLEASE MAKE A POST SIMILAR TO THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR READS. THANK YOU. LACK OF COMPLIANCE AND YOU'LL GO
BLIND
TOO.

Andrius, in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2452591#p2452591]QuirkyTown[/url] wrote: *Kitten_Andy:
walks by animorpherv1,
growls at Haylen,
purrs at InflataPie,
walks by Kise,
purrs at Nachomamma8,
purrs at Phaen,
purrs at SaintKerrigan,
walks by seth,
purrs at Twomz,
walks by Zajnet*
The post restriction was to act like a cat. No speaking. If you can't do something similar then we have issues. You have demonstrated you can draw your sword on people, rub your belly, and put your head in your hands. So, you should be able to do some conveyable system of reads. Like:
*Extends hand to Townie McTown*
*Draws sword at Scummy McScum*
*shrugs at Nullread McNullster*
*Shakes head at Scumbag McScummo*
*nods head and smiles at Townster Townigan*

Hi Sotty! :D
Not a problem.
I agree with Bunny; no offense Benmage, but you're not exactly controllable and oversight is far between here, so. I agree we should use it soon to get rid of it before a more delicate situation.

Zdenek should have known chesskid was town via simple deduction. If he doesn't even bother putting that much time into his role, it makes me wonder if its a scumfakeclaim that he's kept under the bed until now, and hasn't bothered to pay attention to.
The reason is that he didn't look into his role. Its like, if I get a role that says "you can motivate one player a night and they act twice. this only works on town-aligned". He did the "oh im a motivator". But if you pay attention you see the "THIS ONLY WORKS ON TOWNIES" and then you realize "oh man I'm a
COP
". That's what it is. He saw his role and went "oh im a BP townie" when he SHOULD have seen "oh im a BP townie BUT I KNOW TYRION TO BE TOWN-ALIGNED".

Let's say you pull Doctor, but if you protect a player two nights in a row they die of an overdose. Zdenek goes "oh geez this means i cant protect people more than one night". He SHOULD see it and go "oh i can be a Doctor AND a vigilante! Sweet!"

Do you see it now?

I'm trying to show he didn't put much thought into his role, that its probably a fakeclaim that he didn't read fully. An ISO or whatnot could prove his relations with chesskid. But SERIOUSLY?
He looks up the HOTK.
He sees ONLY TYWIN AND TYRION.
He rules himself out.
OH, I WONDER WHO CHESSKID COULD BE?!?!?

Except we're not lynching DGB either. She's town.

Actually kind of sad that I didn't make it into Locke's post.

SWEET THANKS FARACORE.

Nexus, you read the entire goddamn thread in 24 hours and do a better post than me.
Shut up. It wasn't easy and no one said it was fun. Compare my catchup to Thor's. Which is better and why?

I agree with Benmage's list.

This is me announcing my intent to post a comprehensive list of reads on players before the posting deadline in 75-ish hours.

Can we all agree on a Thor lynch? I think that's a wonderful idea.
Vote sits on Zdenek for now.

-Ser Andrius Walker
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Kast »

@Thor-
VI is a pretty standard term. If you act like a VI, you'll be referred to as one. Your whining is equivalent to players in newbie games getting upset when someone calls them scum.
Thor wrote:Also, since you now don't want to lynch him and seem to agree that his claim is at least functional for the moment...why are we still arguing this? If you want me to just say "Kast is smart, huzzah!" I can do that if it advances the gamestate again.
This is Thor being a VI. There's a very specific reason I'm doubting Zdenek as scum; it has nothing to do with Zdenek's claim being functional and I'm still thinking about it.

The point behind this argument is because you keep pushing complete crap-logic as if it is a legitimate reason for players to dismiss Zdenek as potential scum. As you noted, I'm not attacking the
reasonable
arguments for Zdenek-not-scum because those are
reasonable
. They're also
not
what you are primarily pushing, and I'm not going to bother checking, but I'm pretty sure they were raised by other people before you added them to bolster your crap-logic argument.
Magua wrote:If you think I don't believe what I'm saying, what, exactly, do you think I'm trying to achieve here?
This is just a bad argument aimed at avoiding the point your posted argument is ridiculous/gibberish. The point is that it's completely unbelievable and inconsistent with all the rest of your posts.

To answer your surface question, you're clearly posting some very out of character gibberish/crap-logic to defend Zdenek. To answer your implicit question, There's a vast array of possible explanations, some very obvious ones if you are scum, other still pretty damn obvious ones if you're just stubborn/ornery town, and even more if you're just not thinking clearly (which is possible given you posted something very clearly not thought through).
TS wrote:As I've also said, in a game with
as many kills flying around as this
hunting serial killers is best saved for post-massclaim
O_o Bold section seems to imply there's a large number of kills. A Large Theme game with only 2 deaths per night, doesn't really support the implication.
Italicized portion is still as wrong/misleading now as it was the first time and second time and third time,...etc. If by hunting serial killers you mean lynching a suspected serial killer (which context makes INDUBITABLE), then absolutely no. Lynch serial killers when they're found as long as it's not endgame with a serial killer needed for cross kills. At this point in the game, saving a serial killer for a later day lynch is a SCUM motivation as the SK helps them thin town and is a "safe" lynch for later. If anyone things Zdenek
IS
an SK, then he should be priority one.

@TS Morse Suggestion-
Nice idea for an emergency message. It's going to be way too annoying/cumbersome/abusing loopholes for me to bother with it as regular communication.

@Mod/Ben-

If the governor power is used, does that get announced publicly?

Also, I already told mod, but I'll be going on another business trip and will have limited access/different posting availability until April 1st. Should be more available than the previous V/LA, but if it's bad I'll seek a replacement.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Benmage »

Yes Kast, as awesome Hand I can use my ability during the wedding.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

If the governor power is used, does that get announced publicly?
If the power is used I will publically declare the governed player to be unlynchable for the rest of the day phase. (I think this is what you mean?)
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Andrius wrote:My defense is not "pot meet kettle". I just saw it somewhat hypocritical of you to chastise me on my catchup when you're living in page 30ish. :P Your "better" should be to catchup.
:?
Already done.
Already said it was done.
Have acted like it was done since start of day.
Whut?

Also, you'd rather lynch me than Zdenek?
Could you then respond to my dismissal of your scum case on me, because it seemed very easy to dismiss and you didn't exactly come roaring back in to explain how I was dodging or misrepping it, wtf?
Kast wrote:
Thor wrote:Also, since you now don't want to lynch him and seem to agree that his claim is at least functional for the moment...why are we still arguing this? If you want me to just say "Kast is smart, huzzah!" I can do that if it advances the gamestate again.
This is Thor being a VI. There's a very specific reason I'm doubting Zdenek as scum; it has nothing to do with Zdenek's claim being functional and I'm still thinking about it.
I asked you a question as to why this line of inquiry is important (because theoretically I believe my understanding of that would be good) and question if it's advancing the gamestate.
You respond by calling me an idiot, not answering the question, and frankly whether or not you doubt Zdenek's claim I'm not sure what it has to do with whether or not I do - which is what we're discussing, so...does this line of questioning have a point?
Kast wrote:The point behind this argument is because you keep pushing complete crap-logic as if it is a legitimate reason for players to dismiss Zdenek as potential scum. As you noted, I'm not attacking the
reasonable
arguments for Zdenek-not-scum because those are
reasonable
. They're also
not
what you are primarily pushing, and I'm not going to bother checking, but I'm pretty sure they were raised by other people before you added them to bolster your crap-logic argument.
Oh, yes, we can't dare go back to support something, but will call your logic crap (yet again) without needing to because that's not a crap argument to say something while admitting you aren't sure if it's true. :roll:
And, yes, if you believe my logic is bad the way to answer a question i ask is to call me an idiot. :?

Kast - seriously, the constant flow of VI, crap, and whining accusations from you is coming really close to personal attacks from my perspective. Is that your intention? If not, do you need to use that language to convey your message?

If the answer to either of those is yes I really need to know so I can replace out because you're sucking the fun of the game away for me.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Nexus »

Benmage wrote:
Nexus wrote: In other news, Andrius' catch up post would've been more use if he'd commented on everyone thoroughly.

NEXUS before posting ends lets hear detailed opinions on everyone in the game and your ranging view on them from town to scum. THOROUGHLY

It should be easy, since you've already read the game and must have great insight readily available and easy to describe to us poor lost souls.

And yet, no. That's not my style, and I'm not changing it to appease you. Sorry dear.

If you want a full claim, ask nicely. I'm not claiming with 3 votes on me though.

How do you not see Raivann as scummy enough to be lynched?
Trans rights are human rights.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Benmage »

LOL, "thats not my style."

SO how can you hate on anyone for not doing something you wont. Fucking scrubs.

Unvote VOTE NEXUS

This is me wanting to vote Zed, but forcing to vote Nexus QUICKLY to force a claim.

Raivann
you're gonna wanna claim too, and save us some fucking voting headache.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Nexus wrote:
Benmage wrote:

And yet, no. That's not my style, and I'm not changing it to appease you. Sorry dear.

If you want a full claim, ask nicely. I'm not claiming with 3 votes on me though.

How do you not see Raivann as scummy enough to be lynched?
Yeah, if you're not gonna put the effort into it, why should someone else at your behest?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Benmage »

SHADOW for what we are trying to achieve before entering the wedding.

Vote Nexus.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Nexus »

Well if someone's going to go to the trouble of writing townlists, why miss players off of it?

I'd understand you being pissy at me if I was one for writing lists, but I'm not. My point was that Andrius started off commenting on each player, before tailing off and missing players out.

If I were to write a list, I would make it more detailed.

Here's a taster:

Benmage - I don't know how to read this guy. He is almost like a Fate lite. The fact that he got given the governor power has let the power go to his head. He acts like a jerk and tries to bully players into doing what he wants, and as far as I'm concerned that's anti town. What would we do if we all sheeped him and a) he was scum or b) his scumdar was off? We'd be up shit creek without a paddle. So I let him have his fun and bully the town on Day 2, but now I'm not listening to him. He hasn't really contributed much besides I AM NOT GOING TO LET YOU VOTE FOR THEM, so I'm not calling him conftown or even near it. However, there are scummier players. (HINT: RAIVANN)

Is that better?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Nexus »

EBWOP: Basically, I don't understand why he wants me to claim at four votes. Generally it's scum who claim that early with such little pressure, and I'm not going to fall into his trap. If he wants to waste time and get me to claim my role, then so be it. It's only distracting and going to allow scummier people to get away with being scummy.

Following Benmage's wishes for a second day running isn't constructive or helpful.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Magua »

Kast wrote:
Magua wrote:If you think I don't believe what I'm saying, what, exactly, do you think I'm trying to achieve here?
This is just a bad argument aimed at avoiding the point your posted argument is ridiculous/gibberish. The point is that it's completely unbelievable and inconsistent with all the rest of your posts.

To answer your surface question, you're clearly posting some very out of character gibberish/crap-logic to defend Zdenek. To answer your implicit question, There's a vast array of possible explanations, some very obvious ones if you are scum, other still pretty damn obvious ones if you're just stubborn/ornery town, and even more if you're just not thinking clearly (which is possible given you posted something very clearly not thought through).
I am telling you
flat out
that I do not think Zdenek is an SK. You say that I'm obviously lying.

Do you think I'm scum? Yes/no.
Nexus wrote:@Magua: What, so the fact I'm pushing a lynch on the "easy" lynches makes me scum? Perhaps I'm pushing them because they're the ones I most vehemently believe in? Jeez. I'm sorry, would you rather me find a scummy post of someone town (let's say Benmage for argument's sake) and push and push it, even though he's obviously not scum, but because he's a difficult to lynch that makes me townier? Bull.
No, it's the fact that you're pushing *only* on the easy lynch. And the fact that no one's pushing on yours. It's odd, but people seem to go out of their way to not comment on you. Everyone else, there's lots of people who will pick up on the smallest of details and harp on them, but your posts don't. You've made little impression on anyone. You're in everyone's nullread.

That is, you're an active lurker. And yet, no one calls you on this. I prod Andrius three times about you before he starts his reread and he still manages to not have you in his list of reads.

Also, your entire reaction to Benmage is the exact same as diddin's reaction to me D1.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Benmage wrote:SHADOW for what we are trying to achieve before entering the wedding.

Vote Nexus.
Yeah, I can get in on this.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Raivann
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Er, wow,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nexus

Wooo friday.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Benmage »

NEXUS
You are the 3rd lead wagon. Usually that does speak volumes. We don't have multiple votes. So if you are most people's #2 suspect you won't be a lead wagon, but you are a lead suspect. NOONE is stamping their feet saying "nexus is town"

GOING into the wedding phase of not speaking you are a LEAD SUSPECT.

And you bet your ass if we enter the wedding phase without a claim from you I will govern Raivann.

You dragging your feet forcing us to vote you to claim when you are indeed a lead scum suspect if further proving yourself scum.

Distracting us with this switching of votes that you are causing is scummy.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Nexus »

Yawn.

Fine.

Margaery Tyrell, Lannister aligned. I was married to Renly, but he died. So now my family are aligned with the Lannisters to try to strengthen their position in Westeros. My power is to Roleblock. I roleblocked Raivann Nights 1 and 2 because the first night he was the first name to pop into my head, and the second night I was convinced he was scum.

Happy?
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Uh, I'm not sure why Margaery would be a roleblocker.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Nexus »

THat is why I was trying to avoid too much drama and waves. I don't know how many other power roles there are in the town, so I thought trying my best to fly under the radar and not draw an NK or lynch was the best thing.

Happy now Ben? You've got us all dancing to your tune again.

Make Raivann claim now. If he claims VT I'm going to look quite silly.

@Shadow ask the mods? I'm just telling you what my PM says.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Nexus »

I did contemplate breadcumbing roleblocker, but it's a lot of letters and I couldn't think of a non-clunky way to breadcrumb it. So I didn't.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote vote Zednek

Thinking.....

Raivann
claim time for you.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Benmage »

Nexus, there any flavor to your power?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”