A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Andrius »

Doesn't matter what your opinion is on flavor, shadow.
Either he's town or the other scum faction.
So yeah.
If there is no other faction, he's townier than thou.

My new read on Nexus: TOWN. Top category. Until we get another scumteam flip, he's town. Though, lynching him would be a great indicator of another scumteam or not.
But not happening.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Nexus »

I've got a quote from the book about gaolers, and am told that I'm shrewd, and know that allying with the Lannisters will be good for me in the long-term.

I take that to mean that by allying with the Lannisters, I get protection from Stannis, since I was married to Renly (Stannis' main enemy)
Trans rights are human rights.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Andrius »

TOWNIER THAN AN IRISHMAN:
Magua
DGB
Locke
Andrius [:P]
*Nexus*

AS TOWN AS AN IRISHMAN:
Benmage
Kast
Bunnylover
LynchMePls
shadow
danakillsu
*popsofctown*

WEARING ORANGE ON PATRICK'S DAY:
That hydra with hito in it

SCUMMIER THAN WEARING ORANGE ON PATRICK'S DAY:
ZDENEK
SETAEL
THOR665
RAIVANN
*HasCow*

Asterisks show changes since the last one.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Benmage »

I might be begrudgingly agreeing with you Andy.

But I dont think JK and RB same side is impossible.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Andrius »

It is
nearly
impossible.
If it is, that means neither town nor plausible 2nd scumteam doesn't have a RBer.

I'm willing to write Nexus in as near-confirmed town for the forseeable future. :D
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

I agree with Andy, considering the town flips (and even claims) thus far a scumteam with double blockage...meh. Until we get a second team flavor in the water I think Nexus should be spared.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Raivann

Well, I don't like the claim. I'm not sure where you're getting the absolute town read from unless you buy into that. Roleblocker, however, is something that will resolve itself if he's lying anyway (also; could not be scumblocker, could be an entirely different targeting role). I see no indication that Nexus couldn't be Stark aligned, I'm not sure where the comment about another scum team came in. Yes we could be dealing with two, but this becomes more likely as time goes on, something that will sort itself out as well.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I've been working on a post today (although I'm checking over a set-up for something as well), but stop this already.

The whole fucking point of the Morse code was so that no one would have to claim before the wedding started!

Also, Raivann, don't claim.

No, I'm being serious.

If for whatever reason, you have successful confirmation of a night action that proves Nexus is lying about having roleblocked you, claim. Otherwise, just keep your mouth shut.

And if you're wagoned to L-1 during the wedding phase, use the Morse code to post your claim.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Shadow - a jailkeeper and a roleblocker serve semi-duplicated purposes within a scum team - so to have only one scum team and both of those roles seems unlikely, whereas if we see a second scumteam then Nexus could very likely be the role they got to equal the jailkeeper on the other scumteam.

Think of it as though we just got a second rolecop claim - probably only one would be town, yes? Same basic logic.

@TS - I thought the whole point of the morse code was to allow claims to happen during the wedding - what's the difference of allowing them then or now? Just the time?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 3.14

Zdenek (5) Bunnylover, DrippingGoofball, Andrius, Thor665, Benmage
Nexus (3) Magua, popsofctown, Raivann,
Setael (1) Danakillsu
Raivann (6) Kast, Setael, Hasdgfas, Nexus, Twilight Sparkle, Shadow1psc

Danakillsu (1) LynchMePls
Shadow1psc (1) Locke Lamora
Andrius (1) Zdenek

Not voting (0) No one.

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Time to get social aka quicktopic time deadline is here
Deadline for lynches is here

*No one due a prod.
* Vc mistakes? Point them out.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Nexus »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I've been working on a post today (although I'm checking over a set-up for something as well), but stop this already.

The whole fucking point of the Morse code was so that no one would have to claim before the wedding started!

Also, Raivann, don't claim.

No, I'm being serious.

If for whatever reason, you have successful confirmation of a night action that proves Nexus is lying about having roleblocked you, claim. Otherwise, just keep your mouth shut.

And if you're wagoned to L-1 during the wedding phase, use the Morse code to post your claim.
Yeah because of course he couldn't possibly lie about that...
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Thor665 wrote:@Shadow - a jailkeeper and a roleblocker serve semi-duplicated purposes within a scum team - so to have only one scum team and both of those roles seems unlikely, whereas if we see a second scumteam then Nexus could very likely be the role they got to equal the jailkeeper on the other scumteam.

Think of it as though we just got a second rolecop claim - probably only one would be town, yes? Same basic logic.

@TS - I thought the whole point of the morse code was to allow claims to happen during the wedding - what's the difference of allowing them then or now? Just the time?
It's less about the role imo. If he's scum, he's not a roleblocker. though, it'd be a stupid claim with a role cop, unless he's dead tonight. Like I said, and why I'm not voting him, it'll sort out sooner than later.

@TS - why would we not use claims like that now. Seriously, what if Raivann is scum and sat with scum buddies? Why are we going to go through that huge, huge amount of trouble when he could just claim out loud now and everyone could discuss it since
he's a leading suspect
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Benmage »

I still see no reason for Ravainn not to claim.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:11 am

^Mina

(Also, gut reaction is town to Nexus' claim. He provided flavour and thought very quickly on his feet. Remember, if he's telling the truth and is scum, that would mean the Starks had a jailkeeper
and
a roleblocker. This may change if we get a flip from another faction, though. And unless Raivann dropped a softclaim I've forgotten, he'd have been an unlikely choice for Nexus' buddy MoI to block. There were better targets for other-faction scum to block, as well.

Just ISO'd Nexus, and he did mention having Raivann near the top of his scum list on D2, so it's a reasonable choice.
Yeah because of course he couldn't possibly lie about that...
...in which case, you're in a 1 v. 1 with him? And that's a bad thing...why?

OOH.

Also also also.

If Nexus is telling the truth, Raivann is now confirmed non-SK.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Benmage »

TS, if Raivann knows Nexus is lying he would claim so to lynch scum.

Regardless I would still like a Raivann claim.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Nexus »

Well, I was just saying, you said if he can prove me wrong, that makes me scum. I was merely pointing out that just because he can lie, doesn't make me the one who is wrong. It all depends on who you believe.

This could all be redundant if he claims some form of vanilla role.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Benmage »

Raivann scum could be more likely now.

2 N1 kills are basically explained for.

Chesskid-LMP
diddin-SK(Zed)
Stark kill-blocked

Raivann a suspect could've been used for the kill as scum would want someone under suspicion running the risk of being watched or tracked or something.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

unvote, vote zdenek
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 am

Yes, claims to happen
if the target was at L-1 and needed to save himself
. As well as for people not to discuss the claims.
@TS - why would we not use claims like that now. Seriously, what if Raivann is scum and sat with scum buddies? Why are we going to go through that huge, huge amount of trouble when he could just claim out loud now and everyone could discuss it since he's a leading suspect.
My town read on Shadow has slowly been spiralling further and further down the drain. And my scum read of Thor has gone...up the drain...if that makes any sense. Because...down the drain means I'm losing it, and...I'm abandoning this metaphor.

The whole point is that people can discuss it anyway--both openly with their table and using the code with everyone else. Really, it's not THAT tedious to use with copy + paste, Replace All and a word document open, if you just post your table's general conclusions. Besides, I somehow doubt highly that Faraday would assign all the scum to the same table (never mind that there are barely any scum left, anyway). That destroys the whole mole aspect of it.

Also, why the fuck did Nexus have to claim? No, really. Why the fuck? He wasn't even the leading wagon. That's not how it works. "Hey, guys. People suspect you. Why don't you tell us your role?" At one point on D2 we were the leading lynch, so Twilight Sparkle was obviously remiss in not claiming unprompted then. And imagine if Raivann had claimed first at L-1 and revealed something that contradicted Nexus' role.

The good news of this mess is that Nexus now looks significantly more townish.

Benmage, if you're voting Zdenek, and are actually thinking of
governing
Raiv, why the hell do you even want a claim from him?

I have stuff to say about Zdenek (short version, this is a terrible wagon, everyone stop basing your vote 100% on whether you think a roleclaim is statistically more likely to be town, scum, or third party, and start actually scumhunting and making cases, and I want to do a 180 and white-knight Zdenek now), but I have to get ready now, so I'll save it for later.

(Currently discussing with Sotty if we should move our vote. We're undecided the best place for it as of now. Still haven't reread MoI to look for potential connections.)

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:46 am

EBWOP: "As well as for people not to discuss the claims" should have been "as well as for people to have a chance to discuss the claims even after the wedding started."
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Zdenek »

DGB wrote: So what does modified mean? Modified with a nightkill?
I assume that the modification concerns how I become NK immune.

I really don't understand why the possibility for me to guess who Chesskid was claiming to be day one is such a big deal.

TS, regarding the first two quotes. In the first you say that MoI's "suspicions have a logical townie-like progression," and that his reasoning for his suspicion "reads as genuine." Then in the second post you say that you have reservations about him "the size of a small continent" and that each of his posts "raises yet another alarm bell." If a player about whom I felt like that was suspicious of me, I would not be alright with that player's vote or think that their suspicion reads as genuine, and I don't really see how it is possible. Their suspicion itself would be raising alarm bells. Frankly, the fact that you are asking me about this seems scummy because it seems so clear to me that I feel you are feigning incomprehension.
TS wrote: Were we playing the same game yesterday? There were times we were fighting for our lives and for a nice chunk of the day we were the leading vote getter. I'd say our lynch was very possible yesterday, not at all unlikely as you want to claim. Also, if we're your top scum read you should keep pushing us. This whole “they won't be lynched” just smells like crap to me and is a really weak sauce argument when you look at how yesterday went. This is also contrary to your point tying us to MoI. So, what gives?
You were never fighting for your lives. Your wagon never grew beyond L-5 and if I recall correctly, there was no one who wasn't on it who indicated that they would be willing to vote for you. I will keep pointing out the things that you do that I think are scummy in the hopes that other people will notice, but there is absolutely no reason for me to sit my vote on you, when I can make it useful elsewhere.
Benmage wrote: And that didn't rattle your brain with who could it be?? Thinking Tyrion a non town entity?
After a little searching I guessed that Chesskid would be Tyrion, unless he was just bs'ing. I figured that since he is a "Lannister" that he'd be town aligned. Chesskid was never in danger of being lynched and I felt that his day one play was townish. Again, I am really not sure why people are focussing on this fact. I didn't see any reason to out myself or Chesskid's names or roles on Day one.

Since Andrius will be governed,
Unvote

With Nexus role-bloking Raivann and the Stark kill being blocked night one:
Vote Raivann
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Benmage »

unvote vote Raivann
L-2

Lets hear a claim.

That said.
Nexus
RB Zed.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Nexus »

Yes bossman *eyeroll*
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Andrius »

Can someone in the TS hydra explain "white-knight-ing"?

Zdenek's last series of votes can be translated as such:
"Andy is town and gaining popularity so I need to unvote, and vote the easy wagon."

2nd Nexus RB'ing Zdenek

SK_Zdenek wrote:I really don't understand why the possibility for me to guess who Chesskid was claiming to be day one is such a big deal.
Because its something you would have done as town.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Unvote
Vote: Raivann

Lets hear it.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”