Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Meransiel wrote:Eh, seems my death is inevitable then. Just...don't let Ghostlin fool you, guys. And, I wish you good luck at lylo!
You're giving up at L-2?

I take it back. That's not scummy at all. *sarcasm*
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Last I checked, you had Charlie and Mute on you, Mute unvoted you, I wasn't willing to put you L-1 in the day, so when I unvoted you, I voted you to match my primary suspicion for the day. You are two votes away from lynch. If you're town, plenty of time to turn this around. If you are scum, then goodbye.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:14 am

Post by tclawren »

That's it.
VOTE: Meransiel
I'll be rereading for everyone else.
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Btw, I said any lynch would move us into Lylo eariler, I misspoke. Any non-scum lynch would move us there.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:35 am

Post by tclawren »

Quickly, here's my reads. These are pretty gut based (with a sprinkle of facts). Also, this is assuming Mer is mafia.

Mute-leaning scum
Charlie-null, leaning scum
Dazzy-he gets a lurkerish null
King-town
Ghostlin-null, leaning town
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Ghostlin »

My reads (from beginning of Day 2):

Town: Mute, TClawren
Leaning Town: Charlie
You're still playing this game?: Dazzy
Scummish: King
Oh, MY GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE SCUM: Mer

Dazzy's gone kinda quiet compared to the end of Day 1--that's the player I'm acutally most concerned about their status in that, he's slipped.

King will probably get a second look if Mer flips town, but his attack against me almost seemed timed for when Mer picked up suspicion.

Mute's acutally picked up in activity and still reads fairly town, and Charlie and TClaw have improved their status (particularly TClaw over the lamentable FarmeriXi).
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Meransiel »

tclawren wrote:Quickly, here's my reads. These are pretty gut based (with a sprinkle of facts). Also, this is assuming Mer is mafia.

Mute-leaning scum
King-town
All hope is lost...
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:39 am

Post by tclawren »

Meransiel wrote:
tclawren wrote:Quickly, here's my reads. These are pretty gut based (with a sprinkle of facts).
Also, this is assuming Mer is mafia.

Mute-leaning scum
King-town

All hope is lost...
^ My reads will change if for some reason you are not scum.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Mute »

@Mer: instead of being useless and putting out nothing at all, how about you give us your reads, hm? Do something.
@TClaw:
"assuming Mer is scum." Assuming he isn't scum, would your reads differ? Why bring this up?
Ninja'd by the preview. Since it's still an on-going game I can't say much for that specifically, but I have seen town play that is borderline drain bamaged.
@Mod: Vote count when you have a moment? Also I know it's only been a day since he's posted but if you get back after he's hit the 2 day period can we get a prod from him and one for King as well? But on my count Mer's at L-1. I'll give Dazzy/King til tomorrow morning (EST morning) /whenever I wake up and check on the thread then, but I've got a play to attend tonight so I won't be back til around 2300.
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Charlie »

Meransiel is at L-1.
I don't see both Meransiel and Ghostlin as Mafia.
I'm having trouble not believing that at least one of them is (i.e. I think its very likely that one of them is Mafia)
Looking closely, Mute's #346 is Town. I'll have to look at him in ISO later.
Kindness
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Mute wrote:...
@Mod: Vote count when you have a moment? Also I know it's only been a day since he's posted but if you get back after he's hit the 2 day period can we get a prod from him and one for King as well? But on my count Mer's at L-1. I'll give Dazzy/King til tomorrow morning (EST morning) /whenever I wake up and check on the thread then, but I've got a play to attend tonight so I won't be back til around 2300.
Hey now, just because I stayed up way to late last night doing stupid stuff and forgot to check mafiascum.net until hours after I woke up is no reason to prod quite yet. :?
Ghostlin wrote:...
King will probably get a second look if Mer flips town, but his attack against me almost seemed timed for when Mer picked up suspicion.
Wait, you think that I made an attack on you specifically to protect Mer, but you are only going to push me if he flips town?
What?
:neutral:

@Ghostlin/Mer: Could you maybe answer the accusations of role-fishing I made?
Also, nobody explained why Mer mentioning that there are two scum means that Mer is scum.
Charlie wrote:...
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Nice job hammering before several players even got a chance to comment on Meransiel's claim. Oh yeah, and see that bold part up there? See that underlined part in your post? Nice job ignoring the town.
Well that's some new insight. Otherwise, its epic bussing.
Wait, did you just say that you think the scumteam is me/Ghostlin?
Charlie wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:I am sorry that TS flipped town, but frankly, if you're wanting much more remorse out of me for hammering...sorry, no.
Regret is often false and scummy :D
No, actually, I have no idea. Let me think a bit on this.
Well, its obvious that tclawren and Ghostlin are not Mafia together at this point.
Why?
Charlie wrote:
Mute wrote:I like your complete omission of King. I'm lagging like a mofo on this browser (waay too many tabs open across three windows) so I'm not gonna bother looking back through the game ATM until after I clear out some tabs, so can you also give me/us your read on him from D1 too?
Also why are you going to dismiss your reads on those two players from D1 to build new reads on D2? I can only gather it's in an attempt to see if your reads sync, or some cal like that.
I like your sarcasm. No, no really! I find it quite surprising how some people on aren't able to detect sarcasm of my own; so I tend to get iffy.
Right, about KingTwelveSixteen.. as I recall he was a wildcard in my books. But,
after seeing his posts D2 I feel that he's protown.
After we lynch Meransiel and he (hopefully) flips Mafia, then I'll look more into the possibility of either you or KingTwelveSixteen is his partner.
Right up there you make a bizzare claim outta nowhere that I am bussing Ghostlin, and then you say that I am town. What?
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

King:
@ Mer: Who did you
protect
last night and why?
From Dazzy's wall. Bolded portion mine. I then posted this:
Ghostlin wrote:@Dazzy: Don't head into NK terrority yet, full of WIFOM.
Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor?
He didn't claim as much as I read. That's suspicious you'd say so. Also, Mute's on the right track with his suspicions with Mer.
This is the post you claimed I rolefished on. Dazzy gave the information that Mer protected someone. Not targetted, not investigated, protected. Out of all the options, and considering Mer never claimed to be doc in his softclaim that I could of read (and the man himself said he was softclaiming a PR, NOT Doctor specfically).

So, to recap what I did in this post: Certain player asked if it was early for nightkill speculation. Understanding what I know from previous games, I had said it was. My next post was a simple question about information that no one would of known from the information in front of them. I then asked the player exactly what they meant by that, and got an answer. An interesting stretch to misrep me, tho'. Maybe you're trying too hard?

Anyway, as it stands, I feel that Mer's a good lynch for the day. Mer's done what normal people would accuse of rolefishing, and the only other case you have is my hammer, which most of town agrees is quite townie. Certainly, if we're both around Day 3, you can find more convincing evidence about your case.

Of course, in tabulating any case, I recommend a PBP, remembering what was said in context. Perhaps, if anyone needs one I can assist with giving out one of my own?
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Ok, I owe you all some explaining, considering this is the first time in two days I've been at even a decent level of functioning, now's probably the best time.

First: The reason I have been so sporadic is that I am/was in a musical. The last three nights have been our performances. The entire week beforehand was rehearsal from 4:30 until 12. I was dead tired, stressed out of my mind, and had too much backed up work to truly devote myself to this game. I apologise. I did not replace out because I do feel I can still have a positive impact on this game.

The musical is over, so now I can give the game more attention.

My previous posts in D2, well shit. I cringed myself the next day when I reread. Ghost is entirely right in that I assumed that Mer had claimed a role he really hadn't. It was a stupid, tired post made based on my interpretation of his soft-claim ("keeping his hands clean" is inherently doctorish to me).

I want to make it clear right now that I AM NOT A COP. I don't want anyone under this false impression, because it will hurt town in the end.

Ghost, can you define "slipped"?

Anyways, this is all I really have time for atm. With musical over I will be back to a regular posting schedule hopefully starting tomorrow night. I know this post lacks anything useful, and I promise to do a full analysis at my first chance. Let me just say for now that I'm still not 100% comfortable with the Mer lynch, and it's because I feel that it's based on theory and the possiblilities his play represents. I am ok with him being the choice today, but only ok. Atleast until I do a full read...

I apologise for the semi-lurking, but it couldn't really be helped at the time.

Talk to you all soon.

Cheers.
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Also, King.

The issue is that Mer claimed there were two
goons
, not simply scum. This is seen in his ISO 26, as pointed out in Mute's #310

Seemed like something quick I could clear up.
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Mute »

Welcome back Dazzy.
(If anyone cares to know I saw "Heaven Can Wait." The production was pretty good IMO.)

Vote: Meran

Okay, post time.
---
@King: You said (Im too lazy to quote) "Also, nobody explained why Mer mentioning that there are two scum means that Mer is scum."
He claimed there were two goons in the set-up. However he's also been going on about how there's a cop and doctor. IT's impossible for both to be true. If he isn't scum that fails at being scum he's a VI and is harmful in LYLO which we are now going to enter.

@Dazzy: "My previous posts in D2, well shit. I cringed myself the next day when I reread. Ghost is entirely right in that I assumed that Mer had claimed a role he really hadn't. It was a stupid, tired post made based on my interpretation of his soft-claim ("keeping his hands clean" is inherently doctorish to me).

I want to make it clear right now that I AM NOT A COP. I don't want anyone under this false impression, because it will hurt town in the end."

His comment would seem to be a doctor breadcrumb... or rather a flat-out feather-light claim since it's uber soft, so that makes sense in context I'll admit.
However why would you blurt out 'I AM NOT A COP?' That makes no sense to me.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Mute »

EBWOP:
GAKERSHPFLUGHENHAZTALYIVNER!!!

"IMAGE" is supposed to be this:
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Charlie »

Fail.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Charlie »

@KingTwelveSixteen: The bussing bit was more of thinking out loud. The insight bit meant that you've given me something to think about.
Kindness
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor?
He didn't claim as much as I read.
That's suspicious you'd say so.

My next post was a
simple question about information that no one would of known from the information in front of them.

Looks more like an accusation to me. Oh, and also?
The cop would think of the other claimed PR as the doctor.
That was, you know, the entire point of my accusation. That cop-Dazzy would think of a softclaimed PR as the doctor. Saying it is suspicious is also incorrect, as the
scum
are not aware of what roles the town has at their disposal, so no scum-hunting could come from it.

Hmph, Mer has been more scummy than you though. Fakeclaiming before death and then saying he is a VT, ugh... :igmeou:

Also you didn't answer my "What the heck are you talking about" question, you know, the one that asks why, if you think I am trying to protect Mer because we are scumbuddies, that you are only going to be looking into me if he turns out to be town.
Dazzy wrote:Also, King.

The issue is that Mer claimed there were two
goons
, not simply scum. This is seen in his ISO 26, as pointed out in Mute's #310

Seemed like something quick I could clear up.
Oooooh. Yeah, that is really suspicious.

I just want to make it official here: I agree that Mer has to die, he has been far to scummy to let live. I have merely been apprehensive about it because my other big scum read is Ghostlin, and there is no way both of them are scum.
Ghostlin wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Eh, seems my death is inevitable then. Just...don't let Ghostlin fool you, guys. And, I wish you good luck at lylo!
You're giving up at L-2?

I take it back. That's not scummy at all. *sarcasm*
Mute said he would hammer if he got to L-1, so he was essentially at L-1 at that point. The only reason Mer hasn't been hammered yet is that the mod hasn't made an official vote-count that says "L-1" on it.

BLAH NINJAD
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Mute wrote:...
@King: You said (Im too lazy to quote) "Also, nobody explained why Mer mentioning that there are two scum means that Mer is scum."
He claimed there were two goons in the set-up. However he's also been going on about how there's a cop and doctor. IT's impossible for both to be true. If he isn't scum that fails at being scum he's a VI and is harmful in LYLO which we are now going to enter.
Well now, that part about cop+doctor impossibility makes it even more suspicious.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Charlie »

I'm not sure of my reads anymore :?
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Charlie »

I'll reread Ghostlin and Mute in ISO and hopefully will be able to comment later this Twilight. These 2 players are really confusing me because of conflicting reads.
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Eh, dead, then. Wonder if you'll manage...let me say a few things.

1. I stated about a dozen times there is a rb, NOT 2 goons.
2. I was not rolefishing. I was stating my whole, absolute opinion about the absence of PRs, because I DON'T think there are any.
3. Ghostlin is so obvscum it hurts. I'm surprised you can't see it. She is constantly sporting the 'it is always good to lynch' and 'no matter if we lynch a townie, it would still benefit us' concepts like there's no tomorrow, because she KNOWS townies will die. Why? Simple, because she is not the one being lynched.

Meh, not that you people would listen or anything...
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 pm

*cough*
The Website wrote:
Ghostlin

Mafia Scum

:roll:
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Meh ''he''. Doesn't change anything.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”