Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:...
Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor?
He didn't claim as much as I read.
That's suspicious you'd say so.

My next post was a
simple question about information that no one would of known from the information in front of them.

Looks more like an accusation to me. Oh, and also?
The cop would think of the other claimed PR as the doctor.
That was, you know, the entire point of my accusation. That cop-Dazzy would think of a softclaimed PR as the doctor. Saying it is suspicious is also incorrect, as the
scum
are not aware of what roles the town has at their disposal, so no scum-hunting could come from it. (1)

Hmph, Mer has been more scummy than you though. Fakeclaiming before death and then saying he is a VT, ugh... :igmeou:

Also you didn't answer my "What the heck are you talking about" question, you know, the one that asks why, if you think I am trying to protect Mer because we are scumbuddies, that you are only going to be looking into me if he turns out to be town.
Dazzy wrote:Also, King.

The issue is that Mer claimed there were two
goons
, not simply scum. This is seen in his ISO 26, as pointed out in Mute's #310

Seemed like something quick I could clear up.
Oooooh. Yeah, that is really suspicious.

I just want to make it official here: I agree that Mer has to die, he has been far to scummy to let live. I have merely been apprehensive about it because my other big scum read is Ghostlin, and there is no way both of them are scum.
Ghostlin wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Eh, seems my death is inevitable then. Just...don't let Ghostlin fool you, guys. And, I wish you good luck at lylo!
You're giving up at L-2?

I take it back. That's not scummy at all. *sarcasm*
Mute said he would hammer if he got to L-1, so he was essentially at L-1 at that point. The only reason Mer hasn't been hammered yet is that the mod hasn't made an official vote-count that says "L-1" on it. (2)

BLAH NINJAD
1) Dazzy's not the cop though. He just admitted he wasn't the Cop. You presumed he was the Cop, when there's been nothing to support it. Secondly, if scum agreed to play off each other fakeclaim in their quicktopic, it could be they agreed that Mer should claim Doc and that was a scum slip. Hence the question. There'd be no reason for a comment like that to be made since the words 'keeping my hands clean' could mean anything: he needed a protect target the next day, he needed suspects for an investigation target...it means virtually nothing.

2) It wasn't L-1 when I made my vote, and it was blunt that Mer rolled over and died, as I pointed out. Yes, Mute just hammered, but honestly, he could used that post to formulate a defense.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Meransiel wrote:Eh, dead, then. Wonder if you'll manage...let me say a few things.

1. I stated about a dozen times there is a rb, NOT 2 goons.
2. I was not rolefishing. I was stating my whole, absolute opinion about the absence of PRs, because I DON'T think there are any.
3. Ghostlin is so obvscum it hurts. I'm surprised you can't see it. She is constantly sporting the 'it is always good to lynch' and 'no matter if we lynch a townie, it would still benefit us' concepts like there's no tomorrow, because she KNOWS townies will die. Why? Simple, because she is not the one being lynched.

Meh, not that you people would listen or anything...
Your last point makes me lol. Here's some mafia wisdom for you:

It is always good to lynch during days in this game. There is absolutely ONE time you No Lynch, and that's MyLo. At no time you should never NOT vote for the scum candidate and town should take it to lynch, even if it's not a candidate you don't agree on.

The maximum benefit of a lynch is information. Information should be and can be analyzed, remarked on and wagons should be remarked on. You do NOT lose the game for your faction if you are dead, even if you're a power role. (Only exceptions to that is not present in a newbie game.) The game is still anyone's up to and including Lylo. Until that last vote is cast, no one has lost the game yet. It is infinitely better to lynch scum, but you should always lynch someone. Frankly, I feel you are scum, like I felt TS was scum during the last Twilight.

So yes, I do laugh at your assertion that wanting a lynch is scummy, along with the fact you get no information from a townie lynch. Neither of these are true, and in a good 90% of cases, town will always want to lynch.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Ghostlin wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Eh, dead, then. Wonder if you'll manage...let me say a few things.

2. I was not rolefishing. I was stating my whole, absolute opinion about the absence of PRs, because I DON'T think there are any.
3. Ghostlin is so obvscum it hurts. I'm surprised you can't see it. She is constantly sporting the 'it is always good to lynch' and 'no matter if we lynch a townie, it would still benefit us' concepts like there's no tomorrow, because she KNOWS townies will die. Why? Simple, because she is not the one being lynched.

It is always good to lynch during days in this game. There is absolutely ONE time you No Lynch, and that's MyLo. At no time you should never NOT vote for the scum candidate and town should take it to lynch, even if it's not a candidate you don't agree on.

The maximum benefit of a lynch is information. Information should be and can be analyzed, remarked on and wagons should be remarked on. You do NOT lose the game for your faction if you are dead, even if you're a power role. (Only exceptions to that is not present in a newbie game.) The game is still anyone's up to and including Lylo. Until that last vote is cast, no one has lost the game yet. It is infinitely better to lynch scum, but you should always lynch someone. Frankly, I feel you are scum, like I felt TS was scum during the last Twilight.

So yes, I do laugh at your assertion that wanting a lynch is scummy, along with the fact you get no information from a townie lynch. Neither of these are true, and in a good 90% of cases, town will always want to lynch.
Good job strawmanning my argument. Too bad I'm on the phone right now and not able to type a decent case. Alas, some short headings.

First, I didn't say lynching is bad. If that was the point, I would be attacking everyone, not just you.

It's the nonchalant way you say in advance that a town death won't be detrimental, covering what you appear to know are failures. All those 'if clauses' you constantly use...

Also, about information, I agree that if I flip scum, this will give you a lot of info and advantage. But if I flip town, what info will you get, specifically? And yes, I demand an answer. But only from you. Other people, please ignore the question.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

1) Dazzy's not the cop though. He just admitted he wasn't the Cop. You presumed he was the Cop, when there's been nothing to support it. Secondly, if scum agreed to play off each other fakeclaim in their quicktopic, it could be they agreed that Mer should claim Doc and that was a scum slip. Hence the question. There'd be no reason for a comment like that to be made since the words
'keeping my hands clean' could mean anything: he needed a protect target the next day, he needed suspects for an investigation target...it means virtually nothing.

What? I'm not saying that he is the cop, he blatantly said he wasn't. I'm saying that what he said seemed like a cop tell, since what he said follows the mindset of a cop. Also, I already mentioned the possibility of the scum fakeclaiming thing, which if true would mean you were straight up accusing Dazzy of being on a scumteam with Mer. Except you didn't do that at all. Ever. You didn't even mention Dazzy at all, other than in the post you call him out on what appeared
at the time
to be a cop-tell. IN FACT: I just ISO and Ctrl-F'ed you, literally the only time you mention Dazzy in pages 2-3 other than the role-fishing thing, and right now, even in the previous posts responding to my argument against you, is to say he needs to post more.

I shall make my argument against you abundantly clear. Day 1 you mention several times (3 I believe) that you think Dazzy is town.
Dazzy posted something that looked to me like a cop-tell, but could have possibly, though it is in my opinion unlikely, been a scum-slip of a Dazzy from a Mer/Dazzy scumteam.
You say this is suspicious, and give no reason why. You never mention this possible scumteam, any scummy connections between them, or anything else about this at all, not even in the accusing post,
until after I start accusing you and I have already pointed out this unlikely possibility.
In fact you specifically said in that post "Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor?", meaning that at that time you did not think it was a fakeclaim made by Mer with Dazzy as his partner, as you were not suspicious of it
at all.

You are also seemingly misreping and not responding to full arguments unless forced to right now.
@underlined: That had not been mentioned at the original point of role-fishing, using it as an argument against you being rolefishing then is therefor faulty.

Oh, and guess what? The role-fishing was successful, now you know that Dazzy isn't a cop.
Ghostlin wrote:

So yes,
I do laugh at your assertion that
wanting a lynch is scummy,
along with the fact you get no information from a townie lynch.
Neither of these are true, and in a good 90% of cases, town will always want to lynch.
Underlined is a lie. Mer never made that assertion. Also, Mer's main point appears to be that you are happy with the lynches because you are scum and you know that the people you are lynching are town, not that town should no-lynch or anything like that, which makes this whole post just a bunch of misrep. Which is really weird, since Mer has already been hammered... :shifty:

You know what? This is probobly gonna bite me later on, but
I call that Mer's flip will say Vanilla Townie.
Ghostlin just seems far to scummy for Mer to be scum, and Mer still seems to be talking like he is town even after being hammered...
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Meransiel »

@king: you're the best :d.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by Charlie »

*facepalm*
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Meransiel »

What was about that, charl?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Charlie »

Nothing.
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Ow, k'mon, what are you sad about? Things are going great.Both king and Dazzy are suspicious of Ghostlin, with a little bit of luck, he is getting lynched.
Anyway, what are you thoughts on a Mute-Ghostlin mafia team?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Meransiel »

EDIT: misread a quote. No, Dazzy is not suspicious of Ghost. Actually, if I better think of it...that's really bad :(.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Charlie »

Well.
Ghostlin seems a bit too helpful to be true; this WIFOM in my head is killing me.
Mute seems protown; so why am I getting negative gut feelings about this?
-_-
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Can't argue with gut there, cant I ;D (the same way I can't argue with Monotheists, you get the point).

So, who are you most suspicious on right now, beyond all reasonable doubt?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Post by Meransiel »

EDIT: can I
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 am

Post by Charlie »

If I knew that barring a cop investigation, then I'd win as Town everytime :)
As I've already stated, I'm confused over my reads. Gimme some time to rethink and organize my thoughts.
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Meransiel »

Ok, good luck with it.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Charlie »

C'mon, you know that I'm hoping you'll flip Mafia.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:10 am

Post by Charlie »

Huh! After reading #378, I'm inclined to believe that Ghostlin is, indeed, scummy. What a surprise!
Kindness
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Meransiel »

Charlie wrote:C'mon, you know that I'm hoping you'll flip Mafia.
You're out of luck, chap.
Charlie wrote:Huh! After reading #378, I'm inclined to believe that Ghostlin is, indeed, scummy. What a surprise!
Wow, maybe we won't lose after all.

Still waiting for Ghostlin to answer my question.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Meransiel wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:

Good job strawmanning my argument. Too bad I'm on the phone right now and not able to type a decent case. Alas, some short headings.

First, I didn't say lynching is bad. If that was the point, I would be attacking everyone, not just you.

It's the nonchalant way you say in advance that a town death won't be detrimental, covering what you appear to know are failures. All those 'if clauses' you constantly use...

Also, about information, I agree that if I flip scum, this will give you a lot of info and advantage. But if I flip town, what info will you get, specifically? And yes, I demand an answer. But only from you. Other people, please ignore the question.
I
never
said a town death won't be determental. I said it will be informative. Huge difference between the two. Before you accuse someone of straw manning your arguments, try not to do the same. That's a blatant misrep and if you're town, really bad rhetoric. If you're scum, good job.

If you flip town, and I'm not convinced of that still: we can analyze the wagons from Day 1 and Day 2, read over what's been said about both lynches, and the flip also gives out information that town can use. Fact is, you softclaimed a power role, and admitting you didn't have one, which means you actually did lie to us and you should always lynch a player you can prove lied to you about an important piece of information. Scum lie. Townies have no need to lie. That's really obvious; and a question of what the hell you might say in lylo or another under the gun situation you find helpful that keeps your skin intact.

(Yes, I believe in lynch all liars.)

King: I asked him point blank how he would know Mer was the doctor because he used the word
protect
. Not
target
, not
investigate
. Are you trying to twist that into a pretzel for your own purposes, or are you ignoring the assertion that he used that word in reference to Mer when Mer didn't bring it up and we both know it? There's such a thing as scum slips. I was applying pressure to see if he slipped. I
NEVER
asked Dazzy his role, and he volunteered cop on his own. There were a million ways Dazzy could of answered the question without revealing role information, and he didn't reveal said information until three posts later
without my prompting.
In fact, wasn't it you that said "well, if Dazzy's the cop, he would automatically assume that the other role was the doctor." There's some veiled rolefishing for you.

A good cop would never assume the other PR talked about was Doctor with the prevalence of scum, he'd keep his mouth shut for the day in case he needed to counterclaim.

Going 'Hey, how do you know that [piece of information not readily available to town]?' IS NOT ROLEFISHING. That's essentially what I asked, but you know, keep pounding that rhetoric there. It seems to work for you, scum.

Also, as for your second part of that: there's more than one misrep done here. Mer's lied to the town. This makes him scummy. TS acted scummy. With the information we had at the time, no, I've not been sad to be part of either wagon. I'm not certain that Mer's VT at this point, but you sure as hell are sure.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vote Count 2.1

Meransiel - 4 (Charlie, Mute, Ghostlin, tclawren)

Ghostlin - 1 (Meransiel)

Not Voting - 2 (Dazzy, KingTwelveSixteen)

4 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

No one feels that much discussion is necessary this day, and you decide that Meransiel is today's candidate for scum.

Meransiel,
Townie
, lynched Day 2

Night has begun. Those of you with night actions must submit your choices

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Yesterday's mislynch was a bitter pill to swallow, made even more distasteful by the body you found this morning.

tclawren,
Townie
, killed Night 2

Day 3 has begun. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is April 13.

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

OK, Folks. Time for massclaim, we're in lylo, now's the time. Way I've always heard this done is we say who we find the scummiest, and majority has that person go first. They then choose someone to claim, and then someone else, so on and so forth.

The last two nights and lynches have sucked, let's hope we can sort this out.

I nominate King to go first.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Charlie »

Popcorn style.
Kindness
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Charlie wrote:Popcorn style.
Isn't that popcorn? Town decides who's the most scummy, they choose the next person to go?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”