Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Twenty-Fifth:

Empking (4): KingTwelveSixteen, Setael, nameless, Darth Yoshi
Setael (1): implosion
Zdenek (1): neko2086
implosion (1): Empking

Not voting: Zdenek, Swiftstrike

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Empking is at L-1. Deadline is 8pm (GMT) on the 23rd March 2011 (That's a week away).

As ever, any problems, let me know.

Re prods: neko and Empking have a few more hours yet.
Trans rights are human rights.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 am

Post by Zdenek »

Setael, I think you would look bad because you started the wagon on mb53, which could have been used to protect Empking.

Vote Empking
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:50 am

Post by Nexus »

Lynch has been achieved.

Votecount the Twenty-Sixth:

Empking (5): KingTwelveSixteen, Setael, nameless, Darth Yoshi, Zdenek
Setael (1): implosion
Zdenek (1): neko2086
implosion (1): Empking

Not voting: Swiftstrike

"Hey, guys, I was just leading you on a merry dance," Empking mutters, as five of you begin to surround him.

"What d'you mean?" you all chorus around him.

"I'm not a mason. It was a gambit. Dealwithit"

"What? Scum!" you all chant, as you grab him and put a noose around his neck. He is strung up, and pushed off. His neck breaks. You go to his house, and find medical supplies. Turns out Empking was:

Empking - Town Doctor

You've made yet another mistake. Your numbers are dwindling. You hope that you all wake up tomorrow as you all go to sleep.

Night has fallen. Night ends at 1pm (GMT), 48 hours from now, on Friday the 18th March 2011.

Anyone with night actions, PM them to me.

Also, I've shortened the night deadline. If anyone objects, PM me. I'm going to edit the rule in the OP, because 72 hours seems too long.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Nexus »

Fail. I forgot to reopen the thread.

You wake up and meet up in the town centre again. Your already too-few compliment of townspeople has gotten even smaller. You're missing one person. A quick headcount reveals that person to be Nameless. You go to his house, and rifle through his belongings, finding out that he is:

Nameless - Vanilla Town

Oh dear. There's now only 7 of you left.

Still alive:

1. KingTwelveSixteen
3. implosion
q21
Setael
7. Swiftstrike
9. Zdenek
11. DarthYoshi
12. neko2086 **

It takes 4 to lynch, 4 to no lynch. The deadline is 3pm (GMT) on the 1st April 2011.
Last edited by Nexus on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

Post by implosion »

So the doc claimed mason.

That makes perfect sense.

Anyway... KTS is my biggest townread, followed by DarthYoshi. It's probably lylo, so no one vote yet (obviously).
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Zdenek »

Implosion wrote: KTS is my biggest townread,
Really? Please explain this.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:09 am

Post by implosion »

Zdenek wrote:
Implosion wrote: KTS is my biggest townread,
Really? Please explain this.
I thought he looked like town when he was arguing with Empking. He had logic and didn't look like mafia.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:36 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

I am a town read? I thought everyone thought of me as scummy. :neutral:

I agree about Yoshi = town, my other big town read was Nameless though.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Implosion wrote:
I thought he looked like town
when he was arguing with Empking. He had logic
and didn't look like mafia
Emphasis mine. Circular reasoning is circular. This is a bad explanation for such a strong town read. What do you think of KTS's play on D2/D3?

I'm still weighing reads, as two of my leaning-scum reads (Saint and Emp) turned out to flip town. I still kinda have a ScumImplosion itch to scratch, but I'm increasingly leaning towards ScumSetael as well.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Sorry all-- won't have any time for this until Sunday. I don't even know where to start with this except for looking into zedenek again and probably implosion. I have to rethink this game though.
In Tartiflette We Trust
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Again with inactivity from folks. Swift and Setael, please at least check in and let us know where you're at.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by implosion »

My read on KTS might be partially gut... he just seemed to be making sense when arguing with Empking. It also might just be that Emp was making no sense and KTS looked good by comparison.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

I don't like looking for town reads so have not looked at that hard, my suspicion on Zdenek was based on him possibly slip on emp which is obviously now wrong. I'm leaning most towards implosion as scum that was saved by the switch of vote to emp last phase, so I want to have a look at that.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Zdenek »

Implosion wrote: I thought he looked like town when he was arguing with Empking. He had logic and didn't look like mafia.
Implosion wrote: My read on KTS might be partially gut... he just seemed to be making sense when arguing with Empking. It also might just be that Emp was making no sense and KTS looked good by comparison.
KTS struck me as scummy in that argument. I think that a lot of their conversation was just theory, in particular the parts about the value of explaining votes, such conversations are very easy for scum to participate in, seem reasonable and pro-town, but without doing any actual scum hunting.

Let's also not forget Neil, although that might be a little unfair to 1216.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Nexus »

Setael has been prodded
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

@Implosion--I'd still like to hear what you think of KTS's play on D2/D3.

@KTS--have your scumreads changed at all from D3?
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 am

DarthYoshi wrote:@Implosion--I'd still like to hear what you think of KTS's play on D2/D3.

@KTS--have your scumreads changed at all from D3?
Everyone that isn't you gets something in the range of null to neutral-scum, no town reads, no strong scum reads.

It is so annoying.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:31 pm

implosion wrote:...
There is probably one mafia in each of {KTS, [
nameless
], Darth Yoshi}
Anyway... KTS is my biggest townread, followed by DarthYoshi. It's probably lylo, so no one vote yet (obviously).
...So, what prompted that change implosion?
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 pm

EBWOP(the first post, not the second): Er, wait. That post was stupid. I still am suspicious of neko, implosion, Setael, as well as Zdenek...neko is currently strongest scummy read.
How I forgot about neko "forgetting" that I had a reason not to clutter the thread with arguments against Emp and subsequent not-posting-ness I shall never know.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by implosion »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
There is probably one mafia in each of {KTS, [
nameless
], Darth Yoshi}
...So, what prompted that change implosion?
When I say the two of you are townreads, it's based on your actions. The VCA was based solely on votes. They do, apparently, conflict. So one must be wrong. :\.
DarthYoshi wrote:@Implosion--I'd still like to hear what you think of KTS's play on D2/D3.
I don't really see anything of note, except for his having mostly pushed on people that we now know were townies (Saint, Emp, etc) but frankly he can't be blamed for that seeing as the things he was pushing on were perfectly legitimate to push on.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I hate to do this again, but I've been grading all day (woo spring break) and won't have time for a good post until tomorrow.

King-- I get that you didn't want to clutter the thread, but at the same time, if you felt so sure that Emp was scum, why abandon it completely? You were cluttering the thread by arguing with emp and not actually trying to engage the rest of us in a conversation about him. If you really thought he was scum, why not talk to us instead of him--he's not the one you needed to convince. That was my point.

Why is Yoshi your only town read?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Setael »

Sorry for my inactivity - I was on spring break all week and out of town all weekend. Will catch up and post today.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 am

neko2086 wrote:I hate to do this again, but I've been grading all day (woo spring break) and won't have time for a good post until tomorrow.

King-- I get that you didn't want to clutter the thread, but at the same time, if you felt so sure that Emp was scum, why abandon it completely? You were cluttering the thread by arguing with emp and not actually trying to engage the rest of us in a conversation about him. If you really thought he was scum, why not talk to us instead of him--he's not the one you needed to convince. That was my point.

Why is Yoshi your only town read?
Because, as I previously mentioned, it seemed like everyone agreed to let Empking live so that a cop could clear/confirm him as scum later on.

And he is my only town read because he is my only town read.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Setael »

I'm rereading because I'm at a bit of a loss. I can't believe we're at this point with no dead scum. I want to blame it all on empking for being stupid enough to lie -- in order to draw a NK? As a
DOC
? However, my reads have been terrible this game so I'll take a little of the blame. If we don't lynch scum today we lose, and with most likely 3 scum alive they only need to convince one townie and we're screwed. It will be really embarrassing if we don't lynch a single scum all game so today's the day!

I agree with this post re: Darth:
Swiftstrike wrote:Ice reply to my post and a subsequent question by someone else after that makes me feel a lot happier about his statement I pulled him up on as there is a logic behind it I can follow and somewhat agree with.
--
Darth Yoshi looking at your style of asking questions of other players such as this.
DarthYoshi wrote: @Nameless: How exactly has Implosion redeemed himself? I see little scumhunting happening from him, and perfunctory defenses at best.
or these
DarthYoshi wrote:
Neko:
Why not mb's? Other than Saint, he listed implosion and swiftstrike. Why shouldn't we be looking into them?
We should. I’m rather dismayed at how much active lurking the town is tolerating from these two (including from Swift’s predecessor). And, is there a reason why you didn't vote Saint? When you posted, there wasn't a risk of putting him at L-1.

@Setael: While I agree that lynching Saint could provide us with a lot of information—a Saint town flip would force me to rethink a number of my reads—you’re putting a vote on player without actually saying why you think that player is scum. The closest you get is saying that your reasons for not wagoning Saint weren’t that strong. If you think Saint is scum, why? If you don’t think he is scum, then why are you voting for him?

@ICE: Has your read on Emp changed? IIRC, you were pretty against lynching him on D1, but #620 is the second time already on D2 that you’ve expressed (unprompted) suspicion of Emp.

@Zdenek and Swiftstrike: Could each of you explain the scumslips you saw in one another? Saying they are scumslips doesn't make them scumslips--I'm wondering if I'm missing something, and the extreme brevity isn't helping.
Reminds me of how I play scum, asking question of players about another player to create a tension between those players rather than asking something a little bit more direct of a player have you got any game I could read where you played as town and asked questions in this same way, because at the moment I am a little wary of you because of how much it reminds me of my own scum style.
Darth is my biggest scum read right now. His play seems the most careful and deliberate. He's managed to avoid suspicion of himself for the most part and not make too big of waves. I feel like I was his pawn with the mb wagon. He posted the mb posts with a "anyone noticed this?" and I jumped on it like a fool.
darth, p 26 wrote:Nameless--IIOA = Information Instead of Analysis. Simply offering observations and re-stating facts than actually giving substance and analysis. Often considered a scumtell.

And yeah--that post from WoMC did seem pretty defensive.
This post is a good example. He answers a question meant for Weapons, trying to appear helpful. He then sheeps nameless' jab at weapons. He then defends/buddies up to ice in post 43.

The first thing Darth says about Weapons' "trap" is this:
darth wrote:On WoMC--I don't have a ton to add to everyone else's suspicions, except to say that contradictions so early in the game are just as apt to be jumped on by town who have little hard information to go on as they are by scum looking to frame someone, so its effectiveness as a trap seems dubious at best. So I'm not giving much credence to WoMC's defense so far.
He doesn't push weapons at all though, and his next post only talks about implosion. If he were town and really didn't like weapons' defense (and wasn't afraid of drawing attention to himself) he'd have followed up with weapons about this instead of just letting it go.
neko wrote:vote: implosion for making silly declarations and drawing inane connections on page one. This game is probably moving out of RVS rather quickly but dammit I haven't even posted yet!
A lot of things wrong with this post. First, he tries to make it clear it's a random vote with that second sentence, and yet he gives a reason for voting that is not random. Second, as ice points out right after, the implication is that implosion made multiple declarations and connections when that's not the case. [I see 2 possibilities. 1) neko wanted to distance from his scum buddy implosion with his "random" vote. Because it was distancing he felt like he needed a real reason and exaggerated what implosion had actually done, while all the while hiding behind that second sentence which implied it was a random vote. 2) neko is scum trying to cast suspicion on implosion town while avoiding responsibility by hiding behind the sentence implying it's a random vote. I don't see a possibility of this post being made by town.]

So then in post 40 he gives a "what he said" indicating that his post had been sarcastic. Clearly he's referring to the "but I haven't even posted!" line, but this doesn't change the fact that he tried to imply his vote was random when he actually gave a serious reason for voting. There's nothing sarcastic about "he's making silly declarations and drawing inane connections on page one". That's a real reason meant to either distance or indicate real suspicion.

Scum vibes from post 47. He unvotes implosion without explaining the weirdness of his original vote and then he asks neil a fluff question about game theory and defends implosion rather than letting implosion do it himself.

My scum read #2 is neko.
neko wrote:I highly suspect ICEninja of causing the storm that has shut everything down. If my power goes out, I'm coming after you. (I shouldn't have to, but I better specify that this is a joke). Congrats on getting a job--that's not easy to do right now.

Seriously now, WMC is gathering quite a few votes rather quickly. I don't like this last post by over9000 so much. I mean, I know the ideas behind a WMC wagon have already been beaten to death, but I just generally dislike a ditto vote that contributes nothing. There's no question to WMC, and there's no attempt to explore any other avenues. WMC is certainly not the only potential scum suspect right now, and there's plenty of daylight left, so this just looks like coasting.

On the topic, I really do think, as bizarre as it is, that WMC was trying to lay some sort of trap. What else could his "you missed the point" post mean? (not a rhetorical question--this is really bothering me). I can't tell whether this is a scummy move or a poorly conceived, town-motivated one. I'm just as interested as Implosion to see an instance of this being at all effective.

Mongoose's 64 is rather terrible, and I agree with Implosion's assessment. What is really interesting about Mongoose's post is that he was rattled enough by this distancing accusation that he bothered to make a second joke vote to rectify the situation (which really shouldn't be perceived as a "situation" in the first place). Nervous scum?
This post is highly suspect. He's the first to say he thinks weapons really was laying a trap and the way he words this really looks like bailing out a scum buddy. The line "What else could his "you missed the point" post mean?" is also really fishy because it makes no sense to attribute that line to part of a trap. If there was a point we were supposed to get, then it wasn't a trap. neko and swiftstrike could definitely be scum buddies.

Then there's this:
zed, p 38 wrote:
Vote Silavor

Nameless already pointed out the reason. He gives reasons for his vote, but then says that its an RVS vote.
This post indicates a connection between neko and zdenek, since here zdenek votes silavor for doing exactly what neko had just done, but he says nothing about neko.

I still have a lot of reading to do, but right now I'm leaning toward a scum team of darth, neko and zed.

vote: Darth
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:35 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Setael, your vote is an incredibly anti-town move. Assuming you’re right—town is facing a three-scum team and this is LyLo—then that vote confirms you’re either scum or you’ve just become that one townie the scum needed to convince. Right now I’m definitely leaning towards the former.

In any case, your evidence is awful.
His play seems the most careful and deliberate. He's managed to avoid suspicion of himself for the most part and not make too big of waves.
A variation of the too-townie fallacy. If I have enough towncred to avoid suspicion, I must be scum?
I feel like I was his pawn
with the mb wagon. He posted the mb posts with a "anyone noticed this?" and I jumped on it
like a fool.
Emphasis mine. This just feels like an AtE to the town at large.

Also, notice the contradiction here. I apparently don’t make waves, but I was the force that got Mb lynched.

My motive behind highlighting Mb’s activity was pretty straightforward—to try to draw a reaction from a player slowly creeping up my scumlist but when my vote was on who I felt was a scummier player (Implosion). I later switched my vote to Saint because I decided that his non-defense reactions were more likely to be from scum than Mb’s actual attempts at defending himself.
This post is a good example. He answers a question meant for Weapons, trying to appear helpful. He then sheeps nameless' jab at weapons. He then defends/buddies up to ice in post 43.

I tend to see questions of terminology as universal that anyone can answer. There was certainly no reason why only Weapons could have answered Nameless’s “What is IIoA?” question.

Also, if you recall, I took a fair amount of heat from Nameless over the next few pages for defending ICE. You’re right, scum don’t want to draw attention to themselves. Going out on a limb like that for ICE so early on was not a scum move.
He doesn't push weapons at all though, and his next post only talks about implosion. If he were town and really didn't like weapons' defense (and wasn't afraid of drawing attention to himself) he'd have followed up with weapons about this instead of just letting it go.
I explicitly let it go in #101. I realized that being ambivalent about the tactical worth of WoMC’s techniques wasn’t necessarily indicative of alignment, and I had no other reason at that point to suspect him.

That’s it. That’s your case on me? Some half-baked suspicions and a couple of early D1 posts are enough for you to vote me during what presumably is LyLo? Holy macaroni with cheddar.

I would also be remiss if I didn’t also note that I’ve been building a case on Setael since D2, and Setael has a history of seriously OMGUSing and subsequently being wrong (her vote on ICE during D2). The only reason I’m not voting her right back is the off-chance she’s town that just made a seriously anti-town move and that today is probably LyLo. On any other day, I think voting her would be a good move, but I'm holding off for now. We can't afford to mislynch today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”