Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1144 - AW: Mafia Strikes

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes]

Five years ago, three cunning commanders of the Black Hole army infiltrated the headquarters of the Allied Nations. Once inside, they killed or disabled many of the Allies' best COs, crippling the alliance and paving the way for Black Hole's armies to dominate the continent of Macro Land.

Recently, however, the power structures of Black Hole began to shift. Sturm was ousted from his role as Commander in Chief and replaced by a new enigmatic CO whose identity was unknown. Those who were once Sturm's right hand officers were replaced by a new breed of Black Hole COs. The new Black Hole proved to be even greedier than its predecessor - discontent with owning Macro Land, it set its sights on the nearby content of Omega Land.

Three Black Hole operatives have been dispatched to Omega Land to undermine the Allied forces and pave the way for an invasion. Will Omega Land follow the suit of its predecessor and fall to the forces of evil, or will the Allied Nations rise up and defend their homeland?

[PILOT 1] Standby to bank 45 degrees east.
[PILOT 2] Standing by.
[PILOT 1] Now.
[PILOT 2] Confirmed.

*roar*

[PILOT 2] Eastern coast looks clear, captain.
[PILOT 1] Confirmed. Let's bring it back in ... wait ... what's that over the water at 2 o-clock?
[PILOT 2] I can't see it, captain. Move in for a closer look?
[PILOT 1] Do it.
[PILOT 2] ...looks like a ship ... no ... a plane? It's seems to be hovering
over
the water. Captain, do you see this?
[PILOT 1] Visual confirmed. Do we have any idea what this is?
[PILOT 2] No, sir. Should I radio base?
[PILOT 1] Do it.
[PILOT 2] Delta 2 to base, do you copy?
[SOLIDER 1] We copy, Delta 2. What's your status?
[PILOT 2] We've encountered an unidentified flying object movi...

*BOOM!*

[???] Hehhh hhhh hhh ...has the invasion ... begun?
[???] Yes, my lord. Everything is on track. Our craft are arriving on their beaches now ... we've just knocked out two of their fighter planes. No doubt this will draw the Allies to our location like moths to light.
[???] Hhhhhhhehhhh ... good ... good. And... the ... hhhhhhh ... spies. They hehhhhhh ... are in place?
[???] Yes. The Allied Nations will be busy fighting us on the frontier. Little do they know the invasion will come from within!
[???] Hehhhhh ... excellent.
[???] Ah ha ha! Omega Land will soon be ours!
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am, edited 10 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[General Rules]

1) All site-wide rules apply.
2) Unless your role PM permits you to do so, do not discuss this game with any player outside the game thread.
3) Do not edit or delete posts.
4) Do not post in the thread when dead. A single "bah" post with no game-related content is permitted.
5) The use of smaller-than-normal text, invisible text, or encryption tools to hide information in your posts is prohibited.
6) Do not quote any communication you have with the moderator, including timestamps. Careful paraphrasing is acceptable. Please contact me first if you are unsure of whether a post will violate this rule.
7) Inactivity kills games. Please be considerate and play the game you signed up for. If you do not post every 48 hours, you will be prodded. If you receive 3 or more prods, you may be automatically replaced without warning at the moderator's discretion. Please notify me if you will be V/LA.
8)
Red
is the reserved moderator color. Do not use it. Black will also be used by the moderator. It, however, is not reserved.
9) Flavor is written for your enjoyment only and has absolutely no relation to in-game alignment. Analyze it at your own risk.

[Abilities & Effects]

10) This game is nightless. It will remain open nonstop until a faction fulfills its win condition or the game is terminated by a moderator. Any faction with the ability to communicate amongst itself privately may do so at any time.
11) Each player has at least one static CO ability. These abilities are in effect at all times while the player is alive.
13) Each player has at least two activated abilities: A CO power and a Super CO power. These abilities are measured by a "Power Meter" that tracks how often they can be used. Each player will be informed by private Quicktopic what percentage of their power meter is full.
14) Power meters are bankable and shared. Once your CO Power has finished charging, your Super CO Power will begin to charge. Once your Super CO Power is fully charged, your meter will cease to fill until you activate a power. If you use a CO Power after it is finished charging but before your Super CO Power is fully charged, any extra charge left over will remain in your meter.
15) To use an activated ability, simply PM me the ability you wish to use and any appropriate targets. Abilities will be resolved at midnight EST every real-life day. Ties will be broken using NAR.
16) Some abilities resolve immediately, whereas others last a certain number of days before expiring. Your power meter can still charge even while an ability is in use.
17) If a player is killed, any effects that player's CO power is causing end immediately.

[Voting, Lynching, & Death]

18) To cast a vote, post a bolded Vote: Playername command in the thread. Unvotes are appreciated, but not mandatory.
19) You may NOT Vote: No Lynch. If you wish to no lynch, simply refrain from voting and the game will continue until a majority is reached.
20) Who is voting who is public information, but the total number of votes a player has and/or the number of votes required to lynch a player are not.
21) There are no deadlines. Instead, a mandatory "lynch cooldown" period with a day length equal to the number of players in the game will be in effect at all times. Whenever a lynch occurs, a lynch cannot occur again under the cooldown period has elapsed (for example, if a lynch occurs and there are 11 players left in the game, another lynch cannot occur for another 11 days). You may still vote and votes will still be counted during this time.
22) If you feel the game is moving too slowly, you may Vote: Accelerate Cooldown in addition to a normal vote on a player. If a 2/3 majority of the players vote this way, you will gain the ability to lynch immediately. However, this will cause Black Hole's kill power to automatically charge to 100%.
23) This is a partial reveal game. Name and alignment are revealed upon death, but any abilities a player had are not.

Spoiler: Allied Nations (Town) Win Condition
You are aligned with the Allied Nations. You win when when all other factions have been (or are certain to be) neutralized.

Spoiler: Allied Nations (Town) Role PM from Advance Wars: Mafia Rising
Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Rising, XXX! You are Kanbei, the fearless Samurai CO of Yellow Comet. Your homeland is at risk, and you will stop at nothing to defend it! This will be done by slaughtering your enemies with the minimum degree of mercy required by the civilized world. Some of the other CO's will probably try and tell you to slow down and look at some intel or something, but real warriors don't need technology to be victorious - they need strength! Your mind and muscles of steel will prevail!

Activated Abilities:

CO Power: Morale Boost
- You call upon the poems and traditions of your Samurai ancestors to boost your spirits! {For the next 4 days, you gain 1 additional vote.}
Super CO Power: Samurai Spirit
- You go into a deep meditative state and emerge filled with a power mortals can merely dream of. {For the next 7 days, you gain 2 additional votes and you take 1 additional vote to lynch.}

Static Abilities:

Nerves of Steel
- Years of meditation and training have made you physically tougher than the average human. You can withstand a significant beating. {You take 1 additional vote to lynch.}

You are aligned with the Allied Nations and win when all other factions have been eliminated.

Your personal quicktopic is located here: ‪XXX.‬ This will be used to track the progress of your CO Power Meter only. All other game related business, including activating abilities and questions, should be sent via PM. Please confirm by PM. Good luck!

Spoiler: Black Hole (Mafia) Role PM from Advance Wars: Mafia Rising
Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Rising, XXX! You are Lash, the technological girl genius CO of Black Hole. Your partners in crime, Hawke, played by XXX, and Adder, played by XXX, are set on conquering the world. For the most part, this sounds lovely to you. However, you're not entirely sure what they plan to do with it afterwards. Sit around and drink tea on the top of the capital building? Bah. You're in this because you like to play, and there's no better playground than a battlefield and no shiner toy than weapons. Teehee. Time to play!

Activated Abilities:

CO Power: Terrain Tactics
- You use your tactical skill to traverse the terrain of the Allied Nations without detection. {For the next 5 days, target player becomes immune to being investigated, tracked, and watched.}
Super CO Power: Prime Tactics
- You use your tactical and technological genius to infiltrate Allied computer networks and see what's going on behind closed doors. {I will reveal to you target player's CO name and any active, static, and factional abilities that player has.}

Static Abilities:

Tech Guru
- Technology bends to your command; it can never be used against you. Allied attempts to place you under surveillance are a complete joke. {You are immune to being watched.}

Faction Abilities:

Fakeclaim
- During the first invasion, Sturm created chaos by creating clones and turning the Allied Nations against each other. The same trick won't work twice - they trust each other now. Fortunately, you can use that to your advantage. {You know that the Allied Nations CO Colin is not a player in this game. You can safely assume his identity without being counterclaimed.}
Quantum Comlink
- Thanks to a special space satellite designed by you, the Black Hole CO's have the ability to communicate with one another in real time. {You may communicate with your partners at anytime in the quicktopic here: ‪XXX}‬
Support from Sturm
- Sturm, the enigmatic and removed leader of Black Hole, has tasked you with defeating the Allied forces while he tends to other matters. He is still, however, concerned with your progress and wishes for Black Hole to emerge victorious. Occasionally, he will metaphorically take off his gloves and assist by lending you his incredible strength. {Black Hole collectively shares the following activated ability: Super CO Power: Meteor Strike - You summon a massive meteor from space that wreaks havoc on the Allied forces below. {Kill target player.} Your Quantum Comlink's quicktopic will inform you of its progress charging. When completely filled, any Black Hole player may activate this ability.}

You are aligned with Black Hole and win when all other factions have been eliminated.

Please confirm by PM. Good luck!

Lastly, remember that this is a game. It is meant to be played and it is meant to be fun. Do your part and enjoy yourself!
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Game Information]

[Status]

Draw - scorched earth!

[Alive]

[Deceased]

chesskid3 (
Lash of the Black Hole Remnant
, Allied Nations) was lynched Day 1
The Mask (
Javier of Green Earth
, Allied Nations) was killed Day 2
implosion (
Kindle of Black Hole
, Black Hole) was lynched Day 2
Enigma (
Jake of Orange Star
, Allied Nations) was lynched Day 3
AurorusVox (
Hachi of Orange Star
, Allied Nations) was killed Day 4
GreyICE (
Rachel of Orange Star
, Allied Nations) was killed Day 4
SocioPath (
Clone Sonja of Black Hole
, Black Hole) was lynched Day 4
crazypianist1116 (
Eagle of Green Earth
, Allied Nations) was killed Day 5

[NOTE: Moderator error caused the following endgame scenario to be inserted ex-post-facto]

bv310 (
Sasha of Blue Moon
, Allied Nations) was lynched Day 6
gandalf5166 (
Grimm of Yellow Comet
, Allied Nations) was lynched Day 7
Twistedspoon (
Sami of Orange Star
, Allied Nations) was lynched Day 7
Fate (
Jugger of Black Hole
, Black Hole) was lynched Day 7
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 20 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Pregame]

Roles PMs
going out shortly
have been dispatched. The game will begin when 80% or more of the players have confirmed.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1]

All players have confirmed. It is now Day 1. Good luck!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, Vote Count I - The New Black]

"Hheh heh heh. The darkness rises..."

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
chesskid3
- (bv310)
crazypianist1116
- (gandalf5166, chesskid3)
Enigma
- ()
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- (Twistedspoon)
GhostWriter
- (imposion)
implosion
- ()
SocioPath
- (crazypianist1116)
The Mask
- (Fate, GhostWriter, AurorusVox)
Twistedspoon
- (SocioPath)

Not voting
- (Enigma, The Mask)

[Activity]

No prods currently needed.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, Vote Count II - Omens and Signs]

"Well... hhh... let me have a taste of your soul…."

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
chesskid3
- ()
crazypianist1116
- (chesskid3)
Enigma
- ()
Fate
- (The Mask)
gandalf5166
- (Twistedspoon)
GhostWriter
- (imposion)
implosion
- ()
SocioPath
- (crazypianist1116)
The Mask
- (AurorusVox, Fate, SocioPath, gandalf5166, bv310)
Twistedspoon
- (GhostWriter)

Not voting
- (Enigma)

[Activity]

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, Vote Count III - Fog Rolls In]

"Wallow in your shame, swine! Wallow, I say!"

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- (AurorusVox)
chesskid3
- (Fate, Enigma, implosion, bv310, SocioPath)
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- (chesskid3)
Fate
- (The Mask)
gandalf5166
- (Twistedspoon)
GhostWriter
- ()
implosion
- ()
SocioPath
- (crazypianist1116)
The Mask
- ()
Twistedspoon
- (GhostWriter)

Not voting
- (gandalf5166)

[Activity]

crazypianist1116
has received his first prod.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:21 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 1, Vote Count IV - The Final Vote Count]

"Game over, freak!"

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- (AurorusVox)
chesskid3
- (Fate, Enigma, implosion, bv310, SocioPath, gandalf5166)
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- (chesskid3)
Fate
- (The Mask)
gandalf5166
- (Twistedspoon)
GhostWriter
- ()
implosion
- ()
SocioPath
- (crazypianist1116)
The Mask
- ()
Twistedspoon
- (GhostWriter)

Not voting
- ()

[Activity]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[NELL] Rachel, can you hear me?
[RACHEL] Yes, Nell, what is it?
[NELL] I have urgent news. You are under attack.
[RACHEL] Yes, I received the report a few hours ago. We're responding on...
[NELL] No, no … I mean a different attack.
[RACHEL] What?
[NELL] We've received intelligence that Black Hole is attempting to infiltrate your ranks, just like they did with the last invasion.
[RACHEL] Impossible. We've quadrupled security.
[NELL] Our intel is very good … its coming from two Black Hole defectors.
[RACHEL] Defectors?
[NELL] Yes. Hawke and Lash.
[RACHEL] … I don't believe it.
[NELL] Call a nationwide conference. We'll get to the bottom of this.
[RACHEL] Whatever you say, sis.

[RACHEL] Greetings, commanding officers. We are here today to discuss a grave matter … a potential security breach within our ranks.
[FATE] YEAH GUYS WE'RE UNDER ATTACK I GOT THIS REALLY SUSPICIOUS MESSAGE THE OTHER DAY AND IT WAS EVIL
[GHOSTWRITER] Yes, we heard. From Black Hole.
[FATE] NO IT WAS DIFFERENT
[THE MASK] Just kidding, Fate ... that was me. April Fools!
[BV310] But it's not even April!
[IMPLOSION] And it's certain not time for fools.
[FATE] DAMN RIGHT ITS NOT FUCKIN APRIL FOOLS, I'LL CHOKE YOU
[THE MASK] The hell you will.
[SOCIOPATH] This is incredibly amusing.
[RACHEL] Ladies and gentlemen, please settle down. We have to get to the bottom of this. I would like to introduce you to two individuals who have agreed to help us...
[SOCIOPATH] ...like I need any help, I'm a PRO.
[RACHEL] ... Hawk and Lash.
[AURORUSVOX] Hm, that is certainly interesting. Let's logically anal....
[SOCIOPATH] KILL THE TRAITORS
[AURORUSVOX] ... and see...
[GANDALF5166] WITH FIRE.
[FATE] THEY BURNED MY HOMELAND.
[BV310] THEY MUST DIE
[CHESSKID3] Everyone, please, I promise I have valuable intel.
[FATE] KILL KILL KILL
[GANDALF5166] LET ME AT EM, YEEEEAH KILL KIL KILL
[SOCIOPATH] Death to the traitors!
[CHESSKID3] Ok seriously, you are all being idiots! I have intel! Valuable intel! I swear!
[FATE] WE DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING INTEL
[BV310] Guys, if we hurry up and kill the traitors, we can have an early lunch and get back to war games.
[GANDALF5166] Hold on, I'm sending in the strike now!
[BV310] Sounds good to me!
[SOCIOPATH] And I!
[ENIGMA] And I!
[CHESSKID3] SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
[CHESSKID3] YOU
[CHESSKID3] ARE
[CHESSKID3] ALL
[CHESSKID3] IDIOTS
[CHESSKID3] AND
[CHESSKID3] FOOLS
[CHESSKID3] I
[CHESSKID3] SHOULD
[CHESSKID3] HAVE
[CHESSKID3] KILLED YOU
[CHESSKID3] WHEN I HAD
[CHESSKID3] THE CHANCE
[CHESSKID3] DIE DIE DIEEEE
[SYSTEM] SYSTEM OVERLOADED.

[RACHEL] Nell, what do we do?
[NELL] … I don't know.
[RACHEL] We have to do something!
[NELL] We can't take a risk.
[RACHEL] But what if she's telling the truth. We'd be more evil than the evil we are trying to fight.
[NELL] Desperate times call for desperate measures. The COs have spoken.
[RACHEL] They have...
[NELL] If we are wrong, the shame will be on us, not them.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

chesskid3 had just wanted a new life. To begin again. To escape the old ways.
"We're going to be alright, aren't we, Hawke?" he asked.
"Yes, chesskid3, yes we will, " Hakwe replied, not meeting chesskid3's eyes.
"The Allied Nations isn't going to execute us for treason?"
"No, they won't. I promise."
"But we did so much harm…"
"They will forgive us."

Minutes later, a team of Orange Star commandoes burst into chesskid3's holding room. chesskid3 screamed loudly as he was dragged out of the room as Hawke looked away.

chesskid3 was never seen again.

chesskid3 (Lash of the Black Hole Remnant, Allied Nations) lynched Day 1
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2]

It is now Day 2. The lynch cool down will expire on Tuesday, 5 April 2011 at midnight.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also, to everyone whining about the wait for the flip: writing flavor takes time, so expect a consistent 24 hour or so twilight between a lynch and the death scene.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, Vote Count I - The Long March]

"Let us play a more dangerous game, shall we? I grow weary of this."

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- (The Mask, Fate, gandalf5166)
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- (SocioPath, AurorusVox, bv310)
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- ()
GhostWriter
- ()
implosion
- (Ghost Writer)
SocioPath
- ()
The Mask
- ()
Twistedspoon
- (implosion)

Not voting
- (gandalf5166, crazypianist1116, Enigma, Twistedspoon)

Accelerate lynch
- (Fate, AurorusVox, implosion)

[Activity]

Unless the cooldown is accelerated, a lynch cannot occur until Tuesday, 5 April 2011.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, Vote Count II - Black Boats Ahoy!]

"Jugger rebooted. Ready to smash."

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- (The Mask, Fate)
crazypianist1116
- (AurorusVox, SocioPath, bv310, gandalf5166)
Enigma
- ()
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- ()
GhostWriter
- ()
implosion
- ()
SocioPath
- ()
The Mask
- ()
Twistedspoon
- (implosion)

Not voting
- (crazypianist1116, Enigma, GhostWriter, Twistedspoon)

Accelerate Cooldown
- (Fate, AurorusVox, implosion, The Mask, GhostWriter, bv310, SocioPath).
One more vote will accelerate the cooldown.

[Activity]

Unless the cooldown is accelerated, a lynch cannot occur until Tuesday, 5 April 2011.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2 - Death from Above]

The Mask slowly and contemplatively scaled the fire escape of the Green Earth HQ communication tower. Technically nobody was supposed to come up here, but he was the Commanding Officer, right? He made the rules. And besides, he had always had a special affinity for the things. Communication was crucial to defending yourself in war.

With a huff, The Mask pulled himself to the top of the tower and peered over the guardrail to the scenery below. At this height, you could see for miles. The Mask chuckled to himself.
No enemy will ever reach me here,"
he thought.
It is impossible.

At that very moment, his radio buzzed.

"Yes?" he answered.

"Commander, we have an urgent situation. What is your location?"

"What business is that of yours?" The Mask replied.

"It concerns your security, Commander. Now please tell me - where are you?"

"I'm at the top of the..."

But before The Mask had a chance to finish his answer, a dark, black shape had moved rapidly across the sun. Shadows poured over the wide landscape, dousing it into darkness. The Mask dropped his radio and reached for his sword, but could find no enemy to defend against. Suddenly, a rumbling noise began to echo and the tower began to shake. The Mask gripped the railing tightly with his free hand, but he did not need to bother, for it a fall from great height wouldn't mean his end.

A massive, dark-blue laser beam burst out of the dark skies, illuminating the forests, hills, and rivers in an eerie, artificial light. The beam struck the very tower The Mask was standing on with incredible precision for a few seconds ... and then, it was all gone.

As the sunlight returned and the rumbling dissipated, only one thing was missing - the Communications Tower. And with it ... the honorable The Mask.

The Mask (Javier of Green Earth, Allied Nations) was vaporized Day 2.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2]

Day 2 continues. The vote count has been reset.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Activity]

GhostWriter
bv310

Another round of prods will be sent out on Monday if activity doesn't pick up by then.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Activity]

GreyICE
replaces
GhostWriter
. Please welcome him!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, Vote Count III - Tag Battle]

"Heh heh heh... That's life for the weak..."

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- ()
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- ()
GreyICE
- (crazypianist1116, bv310, implosion, Fate, Engima)
implosion
- (SocioPath)
SocioPath
- ()
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (AurorusVox, gandalf516, GreyICE, Twistedspoon)

[Activity]

Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, Vote Count IV - Verdant Hills]

"Whatever! I do what I want!"

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- ()
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- ()
GreyICE
- (crazypianist1116, implosion, Engima)
implosion
- (SocioPath)
SocioPath
- ()
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (AurorusVox, bv310, gandalf516, Fate, GreyICE, Twistedspoon)

[Activity]

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, Vote Count V - The Final Vote Count]

"Ah ha ha … Let us play a more dangerous game, shall we? I grow weary of this."

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- ()
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- ()
GreyICE
- (implosion, Engima)
implosion
- (SocioPath, Fate, GreyICE, crazypianist1116)
SocioPath
- ()
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (AurorusVox, bv310, gandalf516, Twistedspoon)

[Activity]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[RACHEL] It appears we were wrong about chesskid3.
[NELL] Yes, but that doesn't mean the intelligence is wrong. There is still a threat to Omega Land.
[RACHEL] I know. What should we do next?
[NELL] Get all the COs together again.
[RACHEL] But since Green Earth's Com Tower was hit, that's going to be a lot less stable. And certainly less secure.
[NELL] Bring them all to one central location. We can use the emergency radio until then.
[RACHEL] Alright, Nell.

[RACHEL] Ladies and gentlemen, we're back. This radio is older technology, so its only a temporary precaution until we can all arrive at one location.
[GANDALF5166] Why would we all go to one location? Wasn't that the exact same problem that happened last time?
[ENGIMA] No, the problem last time was giant meteors from space, you dumb fuck.
[GANDALF5166] Why you little…
[TWISTEDSPOON] Since the problem last time arose from lack of planning, perhaps we could plan better this time?
[AURORUSVOX] Yes, I agree. I have a…
[FATE] HELLO? HELLO? IS THIS THING ON? EVERYBODY SHUT THE HELL UP, I'VE GOT SOME INTEL.
[ENIGMA] That you've decided to jump off a bridge? Splendid, when can I come watch?
[FATE] GET OUT. EVERYONE: IMPLOSION IS AN IMPOSTER. I WAS IN COMMUNICATION WITH THE MASK BEFORE HIS DEATH AND HE WAS FORWARDING ME SOME TOP SECRET EVIDENCE. HE NEEDS TO BE KILLED NOW.
[TWISTEDSPOON] I also have some suspicious intel surrounding implosion. He needs to explain himself.
[SOCIOPATH] Or we could KILL FIRST, ask questions NEVER.
[TWISTEDSPOON] This sound shockingly similar to a few hours ago…
[SOCIOPATH] KILL. HIM.
[GREYICE] Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I needed to…
[FATE] WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU.
[GREYICE] IM SOMEONE WHOS TELLIN YOU WHAT TO DO. NOW QUIET. The following people need to divert their flight paths to the following coordinates…
[FATE] AND WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE DO THAT?
[GREYICE] BECAUSE I SAID SO.
[CRAZYPIANIST1116] Actually, if we were to do that, I might be able to offer some assistance.
[FATE] WE ALREADY KNOW WHO THE IMPOSTER IS
[CRAZYPIANIST1116] But it wouldn't hurt.
[GREYICE] EXACTLY - JUST DO IT.
[ENGIMA] Can I carpet bomb you while I'm there?
[IMPLOSION] … hey guys, sorry, I was busy making a snowman. I'm on my way now, though, and I can totally explain
[FATE] …the definite remedy to any SERIOUS SITUATION. PLAY IN THE FUCKIN SNOW. DERR.
[SOCIOPATH] Can we get a MISSILE STRIKE on this clown already?
[GREYICE] JUST DIVER THE FLIGHT PATHS FIRST
[IMPLOSION] Glady, GreyICE. Gladly.

*Thirty minutes later*

[FATE] SO WHAT THE FUCK DID THAT DO?
[GREYICE] Um…I don't know. As you all were.
[SOCIOPATH] REQUESTING SURFACE-TO-AIR STRIKE OF IMPLOSION.
[FATE] CONFIRMED.
[GREYICE] Confirmed.
[CRAZYPIANIST1116] Confirmatory. Light 'em up.
[RACHEL] Well then … I'll relay the order … standby ...

implosion peered out the window of the stolen Blue Moon helicopter, and then glanced down at himself. He was a fat, ugly old man … but what else did he expect from the barbaric Allies?

"Pilot! Are we almost there?"

"Yes, my lady. We will be touching down in 20 minutes."

"Go faster, would you? I don't feel like waiting around."

implosion sat down and grinned. This was all so deliciously perfect. He would be flown directly in to Blue Moons HQ … where he could…

implosion's thought process was interrupted by a blaring noise from the cockpit.
ALERT. ALERT. MISSILE LOCK ON DETECTED.

"Pilot!" he screeched. "What's going on?"

"Hang on, madam!" the pilot yelled back.

The craft banked towards the earth, but the attempts were futile. Seconds later, a barrage of surface-to-air missiles had struck the craft, obliterating it. A single body was recovered several hours later by Blue Moon search teams.

implosion (Kindle of Black Hole, Black Hole) lynched Day 2
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 3]

It is now Day 3. The vote count has been reset. The lynch cooldown will last until 15 April 2010.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:19 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 3, Vote Count I - Dark Ambition]

"Aha ha ha! It's showtime!"

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- (SocioPath, GreyICE, bv310)
Fate
- (AurorusVox)
gandalf5166
- ()
GreyICE
- ()
SocioPath
- ()
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (crazypianist1116, Engima, Fate, gandalf516, Twistedspoon)

Accerlate cooldown
- (gandalf5166, SocioPath, Fate)

[Activity]

Unless the cooldown is accelerated, a lynch cannot occur until 15 April 2011.
Twistedspoon
will be prodded in a few hours.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:12 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Due to me being extremely drunk and incompetent the entire weekend and getting very behind in literally everything in my entire life, the past 48 hours will not count towards the game clock.

I will catch up on the flavor as soon as I can, but I did not want to delay the game any longer.

Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 3, Vote Count II - The Final Vote Count]

"Get the plates, 'cause you just got served!"

[Votes]

AurorusVox
- ()
bv310
- ()
crazypianist1116
- ()
Enigma
- (GreyICE, bv310, SocioPath, gandalf5166)
Fate
- ()
gandalf5166
- ()
GreyICE
- ()
SocioPath
- ()
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (AurorusVox, crazypianist1116, Engima, Fate, Twistedspoon)

Accerlate cooldown
- (SocioPath, gandalf5166, GreyICE, AurorusVox, bv310, crazypianist1116)

[Activity]

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Enigma (Jake of Orange Star, Allied Nations) lynched Day 3
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (isolation #24) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 4]

It is now Day 4. The vote count has been reset. The lynch cooldown will expire at midnight on 19 April 2011.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

MOD SCENE INCOMING PLZ WAIT
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (isolation #26) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 4 - Death from Above]

AurorusVox groaned to himself. Ten years ago, he had promised himself he was retiring. And now they not only wanted him to advise them, but travel to a different location and fight a war?

He was getting too old for this.

AurorusVox slid into the seat of his Recon Jeep.

"Let's go," he huffed to the armed driver.

"Problem, sir?" the driver responded?

"No, private, no …" AurorusVox groaned again to himself. As much as he hated all this, he also couldn't bear the thought of his homeland falling. He would defend it if it was the last thing he did.

Ironically, it
would
be the last thing he did.

As AurorusVox's jeep and the accompanying escort pulled out onto the road, a loud, shrieking sound began to rumble in the skies and the road began to shake. The driver of the jeep screeched to the side of the roads, but the assault wouldn't come from the ground level. With a sudden flash of brilliant blue light, the clouds opened and a laser beam blasted down onto AurorusVox's transport.

AurorusVox (Hachi of Orange Star, Allied Nations) was obliterated Day 4
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

The vote count has been reset!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 4 - Missile Launch Detected]

It was taking every single bit of resistance in GreyICE's body not to throw a baseball bat into one of the hundreds of monitor screens in the room. For the second day in a row, Orange Star's contingency missiles had failed to fire … and with each passing failure, Black Hole grew closer and closer.

"Are you SURE we have the codes entered correctly?" GreyICE yelled across the command room.

"Yes, ma'am," the lead engineer responded. "We're working triple time to get the issue resolved. It's the first time we've ever tested this system live-fire, you see…so we aren't really sure what the problem is…exactly…"

"HMMM, AND I WONDER WHOSE FAULT THAT IS?!?!" GreyICE screeched back.

The command room fell silent, save for the gentle humming of the computer systems. GreyICE composed himself. "Just. Make. The. Missiles. Launch." he stated coldly.

Suddenly, a beeping noise began to emit over the loudspeakers and an electronic female voice began to oscillate, "MISSILE LAUNCHED. MISSILE LAUNCHED."

GreyICE shrieked with joy. "You did it! YOU DID IT!"

"Uh, yes ma'am…but…I'm not really sure what we …," the commander began to reply, but he was interrupted by another announcement from the computer.

"THREAT DETECTED. THREAT DETECTED."

GreyICE spun back around towards the monitor displays on the wall and stared in horror as he saw dozens of orange lines leading directly from Orange Star's missile silos to the Orange Star HQ … where he presently was.

"ABORT THE LAUNCH! ABORT THE LAUNCH!" GreyICE yelled at the top of his lungs. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!??!?! ABORT!!!"

But it was too late. Seconds later, the Orange Star HQ had been reduced to smithereens … by its own missiles.

GreyICE (Rachel of Orange Star, Allied Nations) was decimated Day 4
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 4, Vote Count II - The Final Vote Count]

"I must review my strategy."

[Votes]

bv310
- (gandalf5166)
crazypianist1116
- ()
Fate
- (SocioPath)
gandalf5166
- ()
SocioPath
- (crazypianist1116, Twistedspoon, bv310)
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (Fate)

Accelerate cooldown
- (gandalf5166)

[Activity]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*static*

[FATE] HELLO? HELLO? Is this thing still ON?
[TWSITEDSPOON] Yes, I read you.
[FATE] WE MUST AVENGE OUR BROTHER? WHOM SHALL WE STRIKE WITH A RAY OF FIREY JUSTICE?
[CRAZYPIANIST1116] SocioPath.
[TWISTEDSPOON] SocioPath.
[GANDALF5116] I'm saying bv310.
[SOCIOPATH] lol looks like ur n00ks are not functioning properly. u mad?
[BV310] SocioPath.
[FATE] KEKEKEEKEKEEEKILLLL.

SocioPath switched off his computer monitor and leaned back in his swivel chair. The Allies were coming ... but who cared? He had inflicted more damage than they could possibly recover from, and like any player in war, he was just one piece of the puzzle.

"Colonel?" he said softely.

"Yes, commander?"

"Start the self-destruct sequence."

"But...sir...we..."

"Do it. I won't sit around here and have this establishment picked apart by the Allies. My mission has been accomplished. And I will go out in style."

"Yes, sir."

*5...4...3...2...1...BOOM*

SocioPath (Clone Sonja of Black Hole), Black Hole was lynched Day 4
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 5]

It is now Day 5. The vote count has been reset. The lynch cooldown will expire on 20 April 2011.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (isolation #31) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

It has come to my attention that there was a very severe moderator error with the last vote count. Because of the 2 deaths, the lynch cooldown had been shorted by 2 days, but it still ended approximately 40 hours before it should have. Technically, this should be a game-ending error, as there is no way to determine what would have actually happened within that 40 hour timespan, but I think that would be a relatively unsatisfying result for everyone involved. Thus, the fix being applied is as follows:

The lynch will count as though the cooldown was accelerated. This is being selected as the chosen patch because a) it was the primary direction the game was trending in and b) since scum was lynched unfairly, giving them a kill (something they would normally get anyway).

I apologize for the mistake - it's = horrible sloppiness, but I hope that the game balance is not thrown too far off and you can ultimately forgive me.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (isolation #32) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 5 - Death from Above]

crazypianist1116 smirked. Ever since the last war, he had been dying to extract his revenge on Black Hole for destroying his homeland. Now here they were, peddling on his shores … asking for obliteration.

And was there a better to accomplish that then from your own personal F-15?

No. None at all.

"Targeting control, this is Eagle 1," crazypianist1116 said into his radio. "Confirm lock on the target."

"Confirmed, commander," a crackly voice replied. "But the area is hot. Repeat, the area is hot."

But crazypianist1116 wasn't listening. The minute he heard "confir…" he had fed the missiles into their launching chambers and slammed the throttle forward. The enemy would pay for their crimes.

As his jet tilted towards the earth and the Black Hole armies came into view, the wind suddenly roared and the plane began to shake violently. crazpianist1116 gripped the joystick and tried to stabilize, but it didn't matter.

Seconds later, he had perished in the same way his friends before him had - in a blaze of violent, blue light.

crazypianist1116 (Eagle of Green Earth, Allied Nations) was obliterated Day 4
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

The vote count has been reset!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #34) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 5, Vote Count I - The Final Vote Count

"To be defeated is to lose everything. Are you prepared for that outcome?"

[Votes]

bv310
- ()
Fate
- (Twistedspoon, gandalf5166)
gandalf5166
- ()
Twistedspoon
- ()

Not voting
- (bv310, Fate)

Accelerate cooldown
- ()

[Activity]

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[TWSITEDSPOON] We're down to the wire, guys. We have no leadership. Someone needs to do something. I'm ordering a strike on Fate.
[GANDALF5166] Yeah yeah … what was that?
[ARTILLERY COMMANDER] Coordinates received. Firing for effect.
[FATE] WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
[GANDALF5166] What? I don't know. Somebody recall that last strike?
[TWISTEDSPOON] bv310, you do it.
[BV310] I never ordered in the first place.
[GANDALF5166] Wait, what?
[FATE] GUYS, ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER. THE MOLE IS BV.
[GANDALF5166] Yeah, I agree.
[TWISTEDSPOON] Yeah. Did we ever call off that strike on Fate?
[GANDALF5166] I don't know…did we? Gandalf5166 to Artillery…can we get an update?
[ARTILLERY COMMANDER] Update on what, commander?
[GANDALF5166] You know … what you're doing.
[ARTILLERY COMMANDER] Our barrage should be coming down in approximately 30 seconds, sir.
[GANDALF5166]
[FATE] …wait…WHAT?

Fate leaped up from his control chair and sprinted out of the control room of the massive Black Hole flying fortress. Maybe … just maybe … he could get to the escape pods in time…

As Fate rounded the corner, the pods came into view … almost … there …

*PHEWT PHEWT PHEWT*

Loud, shattering noises echoed throughout the craft as it was struck by a barrage of artillery shells. With a whirling scream and a blaze of fire, parts began to break off and fall to the ground.

Fate didn't make it.

Fate (Jugger of Black Hole), Black Hole was lynched Day 5
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Endgame]

The Allied Nations had been torn apart with war. Many of their top commanders were dead, as were hundreds of thousands of civilians.

But the Black Hole threat was gone. The world had returned to peace.

And in time, they would rebuild.

All
Black Hole
players have been eliminated. The Allied Nations wins! Congratulations!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Needless to say, I am not incredibly pleased with the way this game turned out.

For those that are wondering - gandalf5166 has two votes, and "accidentally" hammered Fate in Post #1332.

Full Role PMs and other mod notes will be posted tomorrow.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:47 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Role PMs]

AlmasterGM wrote:Image

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, AurorusVox! You are Hachi, the grizzled veteran CO of Orange Star. You retired from combat long ago to begin a business as a shopkeeper. The ever-looming threat of Black Hole, however, has spurred your inner pride and called you to return to your post. Your long history as a commander and shop owner mean you have more experience than any of the other COs combined. You must use your knowledge and wisdom to repel the Black Hole invaders and restore the integrity of your homeland.

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Barter
- You use your long-standing merchant connections to see what everyone else is buying, selling, and shipping. You can learn from their plans accordingly. {Copy the last CO Power that was activated. You will be informed of its effects and may choose new targets for the copy.}
Super CO Power: Merchant Union
- You call upon your fellow merchants worldwide to completely redirect troop and supply shipping lanes to benefit you. Everyone but you ends up confused as hell about where everything is going. {Choose two target players. For the next 7 days, if a player would target one of those players, that player targets the other player instead.}

Static Abilities:

Discount
-As a longtime salesman, you aren't fooled by inflated prices or false appearances. What you see is what you get. {If a player you are voting for would take additional votes to lynch, that player takes no additional votes to lynch instead.}

You are aligned with the Allied Nations. You win when all other factions have been (or are certain to be) neutralized.

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/BSwHUXcFec2. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Please confirm by return PM. The game thread is located here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16934. Good luck!

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, Twistedspoon! You are Sami, the infantry veteran of Orange Star. You have been fighting alongside your infantry platoons for as long as any of the troops can remember. You’re a no-nonsense leader – a master of deadly efficiency. You must use your tactical abilities to outwit the Black Hole invaders and protect the security of your homeland.

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Double Time
– You use your veteran experience to move twice as fast to keep up with the enemy and track their fighting prowess. {I will reveal to you what percentage of target player's power meter is full.}
Super CO Power: Victory March
– Sure of victory, you cruise directly into the enemy’s territory and conduct reconnaissance on the enemy movement. {For the next 6 days, I will reveal to you who targets target player.}

Static abilities:

Guerilla Warfare
– As an infantry commander, you are able to continue fighting even when infrastructure and supply lines are destroyed. {Your activated abilities cannot be prevented.}

You are aligned with the Allied Nations. You win when all other factions have been (or are certain to be) neutralized.

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/xc6GaADs97B5. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Please confirm by return PM. The game thread is located here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16934. Good luck!

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, Enigma! You are Jake, the relaxed, tank-driving CO of Orange Star. You think that everyone needs to sit back and take a chill pill – especially these Black Hole n00bs who have bad tastes in music and are generally very uncool. A strategic assault would cut in to chilling time, so you're going to take them out the way you know best – direct attack on the open plains. Let's roll!

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Beat Down
– You roll across the open plains and deliver an smack to the enemy. {For the next 4 days, you gain 1 additional vote.}
Super CO Power: Block Rock
– Your tank squadron blockades future enemy movement and delivers a barrage of damaging fire. {For the next 6 days, you gain 1 additional vote. If you are voting for a player, that player cannot activate any abilities.}

Static abilities:

Tank Armor
– You’re tough … tank tough. {You take 1 additional vote to lynch.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/7jVVeYNrUyz. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, The Mask! You are Javier, the honorable gentlemen CO of Green Earth. You believe war to be uncivilized and unnecessary. However, you value honor and chivalry above anything else, so when you heard some scum was threatening innocent civilians, you leaped to their aide. You will gladly stand in battle against the enemies who threaten your homeland.

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Tower Shield
- You draw your sword and call upon the power of chivalrous communication to protect the innocent from harm. {For the next 4 days, target player other than yourself is immune to killing abilities.}
Super CO Power: Tower of Power
– You utilize Omega Land’s Com Towers to track and avoid all enemy movement. {For the next 6 days, prevent all activated abilities targeting target player.}

Static abilities:

Com Tower
- You are a master of using communication towers situated throughout Omega Land. You can use this ability to converse with other COs whom you trust. {At the beginning of the game, you may choose target player. For the rest of the game, you may converse privately with that player at any time.}
Battle Armor
- Your steel breastplate protects you from enemy attacks. {You take 1 additional vote to lynch.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/UtfVsnqZZ8KQR. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, crazypianist1116! You are Eagle, the arrogant and frequently airborne CO of Green Earth. This whole situation wasn't even worth your time ... and then the idiots decided to mess with your homeland. Morons - little do they know the eagle soars above them! You're going to rain death from above and make sure messing with you is the last thing they'll ever do!

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Lightning Drive
- You crack through the sound barrier to race with the lightning at amazing speed. {For the next 4 days, target player's CO Power Meter charges at 200% its normal rate.}
Super CO Power: Lightning Strike
- You flip on the afterburners and embody the speed of lightning. Before your enemies have had time to even move a muscle, you've flown multiple circles around them and accomplished double what you normally can. {The next time target player would activate their CO Power, it has the effect of their Super CO Power instead. If that player would activate their Super CO Power, it has double the normal effect.}

Static Abilities:

Airborne
- You fly high and dry above any nasty effects that could slow you down. {You are immune to activated abilities that affect the charge speed of your power meter.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/ujrjtuRCC7G. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, GhostWriter! You are Rachel, the young, energetic CO of Orange Star! As Nell’s younger sister, you have been placed in charge of leading the other COs in the battle against Black Hole. You don’t have an incredible amount of experience doing this, but you know that with the proper attitude and enthusiasm, you will prevail!

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Lucky Lass
– Just like your sister, you’ve always been naturally lucky. You can use this to sneak out of otherwise perilous situations.{If you would be lynched today, instead the vote count is reset.}
Super CO Power: Covering Fire
– As the Commander in Chief of the Orange Star forces, you have access to their defensive array of missile silos. You can radio them in to break you out of a tight spot and counterattack your enemies. {Kill target player who is voting for you.}

Static abilities:

Natural luck
– For some magical reason, tricks and traps never seem to work against you.{All votes cast for you count for exactly one vote.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/kLFyjTUFTBZ. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, bv310! You are Sasha, the aristocratic CO of Blue Moon. You are incredibly clever, and have used your superior interlace to make a number of highly profitable investments. As such, you have become extremely rich. You must use the power of your wallet to bring the enemy to their knees before their troops even arrive on the battlefield.

Activated abilities:

Market Crash
- You utilize your superior knowledge of the markets to counter enemy investments and hinder the growth of their portfolios. {The charge of target player's power meter is depleted by 50%.}
War Bonds
- You use your immense buying power to bribe the public officials of your enemies, effectively undermining their entire war effort. {For the next 7 days, you secretly control target player's vote (any votes they had are added to your vote, and any votes cast by them count for nothing).}

Static abilities:

Power of Money
- By simply displaying the threat of your wealth, you can strong arm others into giving you your way. {So long as your Super CO pawer meter is fully charged, you gain 1 additional vote.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/FpPcgnHf7W7z. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, chesskid3! You are Lash, the technological girl genius. Previously, you were aligned with Black Hole, but since your leader Hawke was ousted from power, you have felt very alone and threatened within the organization; they just didn't appreciate your genius. Fearing for your life, you fled and attempted to align yourself with the Allied Nations. While they do not truly accept you as one of their own just yet, you know their silly "compassion" should make them come around eventually. Fools. In the mean time, you don't plan to lose sight of what's important in life: having fun! And what better way to have fun than to kill some enemies on a battlefield? Teehee…it's playtime!

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Terrain Tactics
- You utilize your superior tactical skill to use friendly troops as human shields for your own survival. Unfortunately, this tactic only works when your shields are willing to sacrifice themselves for you. {Choose target player. If that player is aligned with the Allied Nations, for the next 4 days, you are immune to activated abilities that would cause you to be killed. If that player is aligned with Black Hole or is killed while this ability is activated, you will be killed.}
Super CO Power: Prime Tactics
- You deploy your best combat and technological strategies to infiltrate enemy lines, break into their computer systems, and gain access to their top secret data. {I will reveal to you whether target player is aligned with the Allied Nations or not.}

Static abilities:

Factional Traitor
– You spent much of the previous invasion trying to destroy the Allied Nations and have only recently given up your flag. This has made the Allies understandably suspicious of you. {If investigated, you will falsely appear to be aligned with Black Hole.}
Black Hole Remnant
– As an ex-member of Black Hole, you are extremely familiar with their tactics and technology. You can use this to avoid them for as long as you like. {You are immune to non-killing Black Hole activated abilities.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/cRLrLGhvi9UZE. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, gandalf5166! You are Grimm, the ball busting CO of Yellow Comet. You like to beat shit up. Preferably the enemy, but anyone will do, really. You’ve heard that some Black Hole goons are trying to take over your homeland. Some of the COs are frightened. Others are concerned. To you, this just sounds like the perfect opportunity to deliver some old fashioned justice fist style! Yee haw!

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Knucklebuster
- You crack your knuckles and put all your weight into delivering a nice, solid blow to the enemy. {For the next 4 days, you gain 1 additional vote and take 1 fewer vote to lynch.}
Super CO Power: Haymaker
- You fly into an angry rage and hurtle yourself at the enemy. This is all or nothing - one of you isn't coming out of the fight alive. {For the next 6 days, you gain 2 additional votes and take 2 fewer votes to lynch.

Static abilities:

Defense is for the weak
- Defense is for sissies. If the enemy is dead, they aren't exactly going to be coming back to hurt you, are they? {You have 1 additional vote and take 1 fewer vote to lynch.}
Knockout blow
- When you send someone down, they STAY down. {If your vote would causes a player to be lynched, your Super CO power meter instantly fills to 100%.}

You can track your power meter's progress charging here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/cFetkxzGq3j. It will be updated approximately once per real-life day. Activated abilities and questions may be submitted either in this quicktopic or via PM.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, implosion! You are Kindle, the elitist and fashionable CO of Black Hole. As a wealthy socialite, you are used to always getting your way - preferably at someone else's expense. You are very into fashion, and anybody who knows anything about fashion knows that you must never get behind on what's "in" and what's "out." Which is why you are determined to invade Omega Land - Macro Land is just
sooo
last week. Peaceful negotiations are also "out." Invading, on the other hand, is definitely "in," so that's what you're going to be doing. War, however, can sometimes get messy. You don't like that, which is why you've conscripted the robot Jugger (played by Fate) and created a clone named Sonja (played by SocioPath) to do your dirty work. They can win the battles while you sip a mixed drink on the top of a skyscraper. Ah ah ah ... how chic.

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Urban Blight
– You rain destructive power from atop your social ladder, hurting the lower class residents of the city. {The charge of target player's power meter is depleted by 50%.}
Super CO Power: High Society
– You utilize your extensive social connections and uncanny ability to gossip to uncover the dirt on people you don’t like. {Choose target player. You will be informed of that player's role name and any activated, static, and factional abilities that player has.}

Static abilities:

Cultured elite
- You're rich. This means nothing touches you unless you say so. And you aren't saying so. {If investigated, you will falsely appear to be aligned with the Allied Nations.}

Faction abilities:

Disguise
- Ever since the first infiltration, the Allies have been especially vigilant at repelling spies and protecting its integrity. To combat this, you have employed advanced holographic obfuscation technology to masquerade as confirmed members of the Allied Nations. {You know that the Allied Nations CO Olaf is not a player in this game. You may safely assume his identity without being counterclaimed.}
Quantum Comlink
- Thanks to special communication technology designed by the Black Hole defector Lash, you are able speak securely with your fellow Black Hole operatives in real time. {You may talk with your partners at anytime in the quicktopic here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/M6aSRWPz6mBB}
Orbital Laser
- In the previous invasion, Sturm's ability to pull meteors from space was utilized with immense effectiveness. With Sturm gone, you have turned to orbital bombardment via satellite as an alternative mechanism of destruction. {Black Hole collectively shares the following activated ability:
Death From Above
- {Kill target player.} When charged, any Black Hole player may use this ability.}

You are aligned with Black Hole. You win when all other factions have been (or are certain to be) neutralized.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, SocioPath! You are a clone of Sonja of Yellow Comet, created to serve Black Hole. You have been ordered to wipe the Allied Nations from the face of the earth. While you know in the back of your subconscious that the original Sonja would have strongly disapproved of this plan, you are not the original Sonja. You are a clone, and as such, you have no choice in the matter. You must use your legendary tactical skills to crush the Allied Nations and evict them from their homeland. You are clever enough to do the job on your own, but for some reason Kindle (played by implosion) has decided that you need the aide of a silly robot called Jugger (played by Fate). Whatever - so long as they don't get in your way, victory is assured.

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Enhanced Vision
- Some say knowing is half the battle. In your mind, it's ALL the battle. {I will reveal to you what percentage of that player's power meter is full.}
Super CO Power: Counter Break
- You utilize your superior intel to anticipate the enemy and counterattack with crushing force. {For the next 8 days, if target player would activate an ability, prevent it, then copy it under your control. You may choose new targets for the copy.}

Static abilities:

Firewall
- Your 1337 haxzorz skill render any attempt at backtracking you a joke. {If tracked, you will not appear to target any players, even if you do so.}

Faction abilities:

Disguise
- Ever since the first infiltration, the Allies have been especially vigilant at repelling spies and protecting its integrity. To combat this, you have employed advanced holographic obfuscation technology to masquerade as confirmed members of the Allied Nations. {You know that the Allied Nations CO Sonja is not a player in this game. You may safely assume her identity without being counterclaimed.}
Quantum Comlink
- Thanks to special communication technology designed by the Black Hole defector Lash, you are able speak securely with your fellow Black Hole operatives in real time. {You may talk with your partners at anytime in the quicktopic here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/M6aSRWPz6mBB
Orbital Laser
- In the previous invasion, Sturm's ability to pull meteors from space was utilized with immense effectiveness. With Sturm gone, you have turned to orbital bombardment via satellite as an alternative mechanism of destruction. {Black Hole collectively shares the following activated ability:
Death From Above
- {Kill target player.} When charged, any Black Hole player may use this ability.}

You are aligned with Black Hole. You win when all other factions have been (or are certain to be) neutralized.

Welcome to Advance Wars: Mafia Strikes, Fate! You are Jugger, the robotic CO of Black Hole. Nobody knows what's inside your shell - not even you. You also don't know what the hell you are even doing here. Or where you came from. Or anything, really. All you know is that your logic processors tell you to "destroy the Allied Nations." You're not quite sure what that entails, but you figure if you follow Kindle's (played by implosion) orders and let Sonja (played by SocioPath) do most of the work you'll emerge without too much damage to your shell. Maybe you can even get a memory upgrade out of this, or something. Enemy: prepare for mega hurtz.

Activated abilities:

CO Power: Overclock
- You clock your memory to a higher than normal level, making you faster and deadlier. In doing so, however, you risk personal harm to yourself. {For the next 4 days, you gain 1 additional vote and you take 1 less vote to lynch.} –
Super CO Power: System Crash
- You upgrade your memory, shine your shell, and supercharge your computer systems to inflict ultimate destruction. Enemy: prepare for mega hurtz. {For the next 7 days, you gain 2 additional votes and you take 2 less votes to lynch.}

Static abilities:

Cloning Machine
- Your processors run fast enough to effectively replicate the attacks used against you. This may not help you beat them, but it sure is cool. {Whenever a player targets you with an activated ability, you permanently gain that player's static ability.}

Faction abilities:

Disguise
- Ever since the first infiltration, the Allies have been especially vigilant at repelling spies and protecting its integrity. To combat this, you have employed advanced holographic obfuscation technology to masquerade as confirmed members of the Allied Nations. {You know that the Allied Nations COs Hawke and Kanebi are not players in this game. You may safely assume either of their identities without being counterclaimed.}
Quantum Comlink
- Thanks to special communication technology designed by the Black Hole defector Lash, you are able speak securely with your fellow Black Hole operatives in real time. {You may talk with your partners at anytime in the quicktopic here: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/M6aSRWPz6mBB}
Orbital Laser
Death From Above

[Hidden Charge Modifiers]

Whenever a lynch occurred, Death from Above would charge at 200% until it was fully charged.
The first time a town lynch occurred, their powers would charge at 175% for 3 days.
If two ore more Black Hole players activated their powers on the same 24 hour cycle, their powers would charge at 250% for 3 days.

VOICE OF MOD:

From your end: I think town really deserved to lose this game. Fate was really something - he played fairly sloppily and had to lie again and again and again to cover his tracks, but each time managed to dig himself out of what I thought was an unescapable hole. Had gandalf been paying attention and not carelessly voted Fate (and lynched him by accident), I'm sure scum would've won the game. Moreover, there was lots of town stupidity going on in general. The Vig claimed before he fired, resulting in the scum stealing shooting him with his own missiles (LOLOLOL), Engima's roleblock meant -1 town instead of -1 scum ... and lots of other general nonsense. The only person who truly seemed to have his head screwed on properly was AV.
Town MVP: AurorusVox, Scum MVP: Fate.

From my end: I think this setup was well-balanced for an all PR game, and I'm proud of that, but there's a few things I was disappointed with. First, I was a little lazy updating the charge times in the QTs. I purposely scheduled this game at a time when I thought I would have minimal other things to do so I would be on the ball, but then all this unforeseen stuff blew up out of nowhere and I became quite busy. There was also the obvious mod error at the end. I don't think that actually affected the ultimate endgame results, but I'm still annoyed at myself that it happened.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for playing, and hope to see you in future games!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Ok, so here's the deal:

bv310 should have been hammered at 12:01am on 4/20.
Fate, gandalf5166, and Twistedspoon would remain alive.
gandalf would then take L-0 votes to lynch, but he would live because the lynch would be on cooldown for 3 days. gandalf's power lasts 4 days, so as soon as the cooldown expires or was accelerated, he will be lynched no matter what.

The problem is this: gandalf is voting for somebody, that person dies also. Gandalf would have presumably utilized this power to increase the chance of a town win rather than just dying and handing the scum victory (he had mentioned this scenario in the QT and via PM during the pregame, so he was aware of it).

Thus, there are two possible scenarios:

1) gandalf votes Twistedspoon. Mafia wins.

2) gandalf votes Fate. Fate counters by activating his CO power (which is the exact same as gandalf's) and forcing a scorched earth ending. Which, according to the win conditions, results in a double-win as all "other factions" will have been neutralized. I had actually meant for scorched earth to be a mafia victory, but that wasn't in the wincons, and I'm obviously not going to change it now.

So, the mafia cannot "lose" the game. It is either a mafia win or a double mafia/town win.

Which is it?

Ultimately, I think we all know this game was a giant fuck up and isn't getting any scummy noms, so I'm not super concerned about picking one or the other. Instead, I'm leaving the gentleman's decision up to gandalf. If he declares, on his honor, that he would have voted for Fate, then the game will be declared a draw (and a joint win). If he says he would have voted Twistedspoon, it will be a mafia win.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

And once again, I apologize to everyone involved in this giant train wreck. I'm going to be taking a break from designing these types of moving parts games for a while and stick to things more concerete and easier to calculate.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:15 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

WAIT.

WAIT.

WAIT.

NO.

I WAS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. I though it was weird that I messed up AGAIN despite QUADRUPLE checking the Fate lynch to make sure it was accurate.

Gandalf never had 3 votes, he had TWO. He activated his CO Power, not his Super CO.

Four alive = Three to lynch. The extra vote on Fate came from Twistedspoon. bv310 only had two votes on him at midnight on the 20th.

TOWN WINS.

The original scene was correct. There was no error. There will be no more appeals.

And shame on me for being duped into that whole shenanigans at 3am on a Saturday night.

NEVERMIND. ITS A DRAW.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:20 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

oh yeah

i just woke up
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

THIS GAME IS OVER

and a draw
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:21 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

AND IM NEVER THINKING ABOUT IT AGAIN
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:24 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

My next game will feature:

--VANILLA TOWNIES.
--NIGHTS PHASES.
--NO DOUBLE/TRIPLE/QUADROUPLE VOTERS OR VOTE MANIPULATION.

/pre-in today!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”