Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Klazam »

Klazam wrote:Mera-

My vote was on you because of your response. It felt wrong to me. Instead of posting something meaningful- you act like "pressuring you" was a joke.

Then your reply.... It's like you think its not worth the effort for me to question you. One thing i did get from your second response was the impression that you thought it would have been better for me to leave my vote on Hiraki, who claims he got two games mixed up. Why is that? It seems that you think that Hiraki's wagon had a good reason behind it or something.

Then you dimiss bvi in a jokey manner.

This is a lot of things i just gained from voting you. It seems that my vote was justified.
I dont see a response to this. You seem to have forgotten i was in this game.

in other news, Silver and Fur both feel town to me. Their efforts at generating these kinds of posts seem nonscummy to me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

Vote Count

Meransiel - (4) bvoigt, Klazam, Furcolow, Twistedspoon
Nachomamma - (3) DrBokChoy, Apokalyptika, HackerHuck
ConfidAnon - (2) singersigner, Number58
Furcolow - (2) Meransiel, silverbullet999
Number58 - (2) Nobody Special, ConfidAnon
Hiraki - Pim
DrBokChoy - Hiraki

Not Voting: Nachomamma8

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.
The current deadline is Monday, April 4th, 8PM EST.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Meransiel »

Klazam wrote:

My vote was on you because of your response. It felt wrong to me. Instead of posting something meaningful- you act like "pressuring you" was a joke.

Then your reply.... It's like you think its not worth the effort for me to question you. One thing i did get from your second response was the impression that you thought it would have been better for me to leave my vote on Hiraki, who claims he got two games mixed up. Why is that? It seems that you think that Hiraki's wagon had a good reason behind it or something.

This is a lot of things i just gained from voting you. It seems that my vote was justified.

in other news, Silver and Fur both feel town to me. Their efforts at generating these kinds of posts seem nonscummy to me.
There are 2 ways of protecting yourself in this game: pointing fingers at somebody else or pointing out the flaws in your argument. Note that:

1. At the time you made that argument, I had nobody to point fingers to (according to my own, personal reads).
2. You base your whole argument on me not paying attention to your argument. So jumping at your post and being passive-aggressive would make you accuse me of arguing semantics, WHICH is very anti-town and therefore could get me lynched. As so, yes, I do think laughing your suspicion off was the least risky thing I could've done.

@TS: If you have been pondering for so long in this game and been conservative of your vote, thinking everything through, then why, when questioned, you gave one single reason for voting me, and that reason not of your own and that I have personally disproved? (a disprove that you were too lazy to comment on, apparently). Also, in your reply you were painfully unaware of the difference between jumping on wagons too easy and wishy-washy voting - which you claim I've said you did.

To be perfectly honest, I am struggling to not insult you. A lot, actually.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Meransiel wrote: To be perfectly honest, I am struggling to not insult you. A lot, actually.
what for? Omgus or the small fact that you accused me of BWing when your wagon was only 1/3 full and the whole topic was full of reasons justifying your vote.

anyways, I'm bored of arguing with you. I'm not interesting on tunneling on one player no matter how suspicious they may be.

IGMEOY for now :igmeou:
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Meransiel »

You're so goddamn dense, that's what you are!...whatever, guess Hiraki had to deal with this sort of thing without bursting in flames too...
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Meransiel wrote:You're so goddamn dense, that's what you are!flames too...
and you're flailing :roll:
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Klazam »

At least answer this question. Do you believe that hiraki's wagon is a better place for my vote than your wagon?
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Meransiel »

If you would check my last posts on the last 2 pages or so, you will see that my suspicion of Hiraki has decreased quite a lot.
Plus, I was not upset by the fact you were voting me. Hence, my laughing off your suspicion was neither a counterattack nor sarcasm, it was just...me being myself, dunno.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Furcolow wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:So. I've played with Furc before, and while he's essentially a loose cannon, he's ... different this time. I'm not liking that.

However, I'm still sold on Number58.

@Number58, what's your view on the Furc/silver argument?

@Furc, what's your take on the Number58/Nacho thing with me?

@silver, don't worry about Furc. You're doing fine, AFAIC.
Could you rephrase this? I view them both as town, though Number58 has me feeling a little squirmy for some reason, and it is hard to get a read out of Nacho since they are only repetitively posting that list.

I haven't really noticed anything from you, tbh, you seem to be drifting by.
Rephrase which? My question about what you think about the interaction between me and #58? I really don't see a better way (or any way, really) to rephrase it. Maybe louder will help: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ME AND NUMBER58 INTERACTING THE WAY WE DID?

And I'm not "drifting by" as you put it, I'm scumhunting. It's just that I'm pretty sure I've found it.

--------------------------------
Hiraki wrote:
Furclow wrote:What are your reads past Meransiel, Hiraki?
1)Number 58: Null
2)Confid: Leaning scum
3)TwistedSpoon: Null, but I haven't really checked TS out yet. He's next on my list.
4)bviogot: Leaning Town
5)Klazam: Eh. Leaning scum. I won't say VI yet.
6)Furclow: Town
7)singersinger: After TS
8)Meran: Town
9)silverbullet: VI
10)Nacho: Leaning Town
11)DrBokChoy: Leaning Scum
12)Apokotalpytica(Butchered that): Leaning scum
13)Pim: Eh. Town

Unvote, Vote: DrBokChoy

This guy needs pressure now. Hop on.
I feel so left out. :?

--------------------------------

(In regard to Nacho's obsessive list-making:)
Number58 wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:To this, I pose the opposite question: Why aren't you concerned about it?
Because he has no scum motivation for doing it. I have already told you that much.
Scum have no motivation for not posting content? Scum have no motivation for actively lurking, without adding to the discussion at hand? Scum have no motivation for saying as little as possible, trying to not slip up?

You have a very odd idea of how to play Mafia.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Klazam »

Meransiel wrote:Just surprised is all. I mean, everybody needs pressure, if a wagon is already half-started, why abandon it and go for someone new?
Fine. Explain this line, then.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

WTF. I missed three people.

YUCK.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Meransiel »

Klazam wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Just surprised is all. I mean, everybody needs pressure, if a wagon is already half-started, why abandon it and go for someone new?
Fine. Explain this line, then.
I was curious, not disapproving. To clarify, I didn't say:

"You must stay on the Hiraki wagon." Instead, I said something in the lines of:
"I wanna know why you're off the Hiraki wagon."

There's a difference.
Nobody Special wrote:Scum have no motivation for not posting content? Scum have no motivation for actively lurking, without adding to the discussion at hand? Scum have no motivation for saying as little as possible, trying to not slip up?

You have a very odd idea of how to play Mafia.
Seems sensible and thought out. But Nacho is acting so strange I honestly don't know who to believe concerning him...
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 am

Post by bvoigt »

Meransiel wrote:It would be omgus if I would be voting you for it. It was just that your reasons to vote was a bland repetition of a wrong argument. You weren't conservative with your vote, you were just
absent
for most of the time, chap.
I don't really like this response. What difference does it make if he was OMGUS'ing or not? As you've said yourself, arguing semantics rather than the actual point is not good.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 am

Post by HackerHuck »

I feel like I'm appropriately caught up now. My few additional notes on reread...

Didn't like ConfidAnon's attack on Pim for this, although I'm not sure how serious to take it.

Odd defence of Pim here:
Meransiel in post 65 wrote:Ooh, the game going on painfully randomly at this point.

I think Pim is just trying to be funny (and failing), by the way.
Interesting exchange between NS and Number58 in posts 83-86
I'm torn on post 83, because I agree with the first bit, but not the second. Not having scum motivation does not mean that he's not scum.

These other folks would kind of surprise me when they popped up, so I looked at them in iso.
bvoigt - looks like he's flying low, contributions are extremely weak. interesting how his first three posts voted for three different people, but he hasn't moved off of Meransiel since.
klazam - not much here. I'm trying to understand post 231, considering he was voting for Hiraki a short while before.
number58 - very defencive of others, but that defenciveness seems more town-like than scum-like.

Singersigner - what's she been up to? 4 posts, really?

Still happy with the nacho vote.
DrBokchoy
DrBokchoy
Goon
DrBokchoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by DrBokchoy »

I've requested a replacement. This game is gonna take way too long with the number of players, and I cant commit to it with my upcoming schedule. Good luck everyone
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Hmmzorz.

Unvote, Vote: Apoctolyptica
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

I've been rereading more carefully, and Confid's not too impressive to me. The early Pim vote was silly, and his interactions with #58 were scummy. He pressure votes Nacho, then unvotes to attack somebody defending him, while carefully retreating to a neutral position on one of the most polarizing people in the game thus far.
FoS: Confid

Also, the fact that Nacho repeatedly had the mod and backup mod on his lynch list shows a total lack of caring. Again, since Nacho's not stupid, he's scum. I like my vote better and better.

Coming back to more recent times, Meransiel's emotional play does not impress. Also, Twisted, why did you say that Nacho's too dangerous to lynch today?

Preview edit: Feel free to call me Apok <3 Also, did you really find my one post scummier than everyone else's accumulated efforts?
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

DrBokchoy wrote:I've requested a replacement. This game is gonna take way too long with the number of players, and I cant commit to it with my upcoming schedule. Good luck everyone
I am working on a replacement for DrBokchoy.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Your first post and latest post are horrible.

If you realize that Nacho is smart and not paying attention, you realize that Nacho is smart and not paying attention. There are no scum tells here. You're just stating things and finding random conclusions. This is scummy.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

hiraki's flip flops disturb me slightly
... People were right it seems....
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Furcolow »

DrBokchoy wrote:Silverbullet, I am with you. I do find fur annoying and I'm switching my vote from nacho to fur VOTE: fur

Fur is pretty rude and dismissive to other players and it doesnt seem to be getting anywhere. I think it just increases scum points on him and him being this way while defending himself is scummy. Why is fur still so mad and aggressive over someone changing his quote tags? It's over and I don't see why you have such as overreaction for this type of thing.
This isn't even about Confid and I anymore
This is a ploy that Silverbullet is using to beat a dead horse
Glad you replaced out, though, as you must be bad to give in to this
HackerHuck wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:I had some time to do a quick read-through. I actually agree with Apokalyptika on his Nacho vote. I don't like the gambit and I don't see it helping town at this point.

vote: nachomama
It may not be very helpful, but what makes Nacho's actions more likely to come from scum than town?
For starters, acting anti-town is more likely to come from scum than town.

If you look at the way he's posting, besides the obvious lack of content surrounding the game, he's basically just dropping in his town reads and it doesn't appear that he's going back and reevaluating anyone. The only bright spot I see is his (+1) on Maransiel, which actually appears to be him hunting scum, rather than just hunting town.

Furcolow's flattery is noted.

I haven't gone back through the thread yet, but will do so shortly.
It's not flattery; don't take it the wrong way.
Just because I like you more than Parama doesn't mean any more than that. You're both good players, so this isn't anything to do with ability, more on just the fact I dislike Parama's attitude. I'm sure a lot feel the same way about me, but that's very subjective, is it not? I'm sure you dislike me.

HH, you saw me as scum in a 17 page game, what are your thoughts on my meta?
You also saw me as town about a year ago in Mafia in Mendo... did you not?
Klazam wrote:

Thanks. I don't really participate as scum. Glad you could notice.
Meransiel wrote:If you would check my last posts on the last 2 pages or so, you will see that my suspicion of Hiraki has decreased quite a lot.
Plus, I was not upset by the fact you were voting me. Hence, my laughing off your suspicion was neither a counterattack nor sarcasm, it was just...me being myself, dunno.
OK, so who are you suspicious of?
TwistedSpoon?
You are close to where I want to unvote, but I'm really not sure
Nobody Special wrote: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ME AND NUMBER58 INTERACTING THE WAY WE DID?
What is so damning about your interaction with him? He was "trying to lead the town"?
(thanks hackerhuck for referencing that in your post, I really hate to have to sift through pages to find what someone is talking about)
I didn't really notice anything other than a little pissing contest. Hardly worthy of a vote. I view him as trying to help the town, I view you as more anti-town, niggardly, and detrimental in that exchange.

However, I'm not sure you're scum. I haven't seen enough from you to pick one or the other, so I would guess town, as my odds are better with like 12 vs 3.
Hiraki wrote:WTF. I missed three people.

YUCK.
I missed you missing them

Apok
why not a vote on Confid?

unvote;
vote: ConfidAnon

like so.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Furcolow »

silverbullet999 wrote:hiraki's flip flops disturb me slightly
care to make a 100 line post about how he is a bad emotional player?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

-Fur
You were the one who said you'd stop responding to my posts...

wanna actually follow your word or did you forget?
... People were right it seems....
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by singersigner »

Furcolow wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:hiraki's flip flops disturb me slightly
care to make a 100 line post about how he is a bad emotional player?
No that's you, remember?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by singersigner »

One game down, this one and a hydra to go.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”