Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Meransiel »

No, what YOU don't understand is that in post 113 my vote is written on mozamis.

I never thought scotsman could be town.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Meransiel »

So by "not being suspicious", I was referring to mozamis, not scotsman.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 am

Post by implosion »

Meransiel, you were voting for scot... there was just an error in the votecount. Look up earlier on the page - you voted him in post 102.

Did you completely forget that you made that vote?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 am

Post by mozamis »

note how buddylee is tunneling for Meransiel. Not sure he seems very concerned if Meransiel is scum or not...
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Meransiel »

Thing is, I was referring to the vote count. So, when I said my vote was sitting on a player that I didn't think is scum, I was indeed referring to mozamis. But there's no way I can make you believe me.

moz, I see what you're trying to do, please, tone it down a little.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:33 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Meransiel wrote:No, what YOU don't understand is that in post 113 my vote is written on mozamis.

I never thought scotsman could be town.
That's a fair response. Would you mind explaining again why you think scotmany12 (I know I wrote scotsman12 earlier, too, sorry about that) is scum? In the post you voted for scotmany12, you have five quotes from implosion, but not a single for scotmany12, so it was a bit of a strange twist of direction that seemed disjointed from the rest of your post.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

mozamis wrote:I feel my vote will probably be on BuddyLee quite soon anyway.
Do you think petroleumjelly is scum?

What's your case on me?

Why do you think Meransiel is town?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Meransiel wrote:
Also:
@nopointinactingup: Oh, how sweet, certain I'm scum, are ye not? Mind stating exactly why?

Also, information-wise, it would be better to vote for moz. If I die and flip town, you will get a null-town read on him so hard it will probably protect him for a day or so. But, if he flips town, it would raise suspicion on me (notice the way I'm not defending him).
I'm certain that I see your possible connection with moz. Why are you telling me what to think?

MrScummyLee wrote: Hey kids, what's the "reliable scumtell"? Please be very specific with your answers.
The only people I see saying their predecessor is scummy is scum. It's like saying "Hey guys, my predes was scummy as fuk, but don't chu worry Imma look as townish as possible". Additionally, you apparently didn't even read that Magnetic never had 1 post.

Answer my question:
nopointinactingup wrote:If his post history was what you looked into then why does he look like "obvious scum" and not "obvious cheater".
MrScummyLee wrote:
Amrun wrote:I think it's called Arishem tell, when you apologize for your predecessor.

Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly not liking MrBuddyLee.
My predecessor hadn't posted at all. I've already said that I commented on my predecessor to see who was paying attention to the game. Clearly you aren't.
fos: Amrun
Stop lying. You retract your statement apx 10 hours after you made your so called "gambit to see who's paying attention". If it was really a gambit, why would you reveal it right when only about 3 people have seen it. Sounds to me like you making justifications for your sorry self.
MrScummyLee wrote: No, I didn't read at all, actually. I just checked the first post to see if I was in the right game, and to see if CrashTextDummie had also replaced in as PJ promised. I think PJ may have lied to me, or at least used weaselly legalese, but I'll stick around anyway. I also checked the little dropdown at the bottom of the page and saw my predecessor hadn't posted in this game yet, so I made a smart-ass comment to see who was paying attention. No one really noticed or at least commented on the fact that my predecessor never actually posted in this game. When I said I read his post history, I actually just checked his history outside this game to see why he got banned from the site.
tut tut over-elaborated excuses.
MrBuddyLee wrote: * nopointinactingup -- says he's got three scum nailed down, gives exactly 0.0 good reasons
No I only got you nailed down as 99% scum. And I don't need YOU to believe my reasons are "good". Other people are being lenient just because this kid is flapping his wings all over the places. THINK, why the fuk would someone do a gambit like " Oh cool lol Imma lie to see if people pay attention or not".
Justice will prevail
\m/
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

was that post serious? Because it looks like it's meant to be serious. MrBuddyLee was pretty clearly joking when he said his predecessor was scummy. It literally would only make sense for scum to say that if they read their predecessor's posts and thought "dear God, this guy was scummy."

You are basically accusing somebody of replacing in,
not reading their predecessor's posts
, and yet (without actually knowing if their predecessor was scummy) saying that their predecessor was scummy. The
reasoning
behind your "scum-tell" of calling your predecessor "scummy" is
not applicable
to this game precisely because MrBuddyLee's predecessor was not scummy because he never posted; therefore, there is no reason for MrBuddyLee to compensate for Magnetic's play.

I find it hard to believe you (and apparently at least two others) actually buy into this thought-process. Just... wow.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 am

Post by mozamis »

Meransiel wrote:Thing is, I was referring to the vote count. So, when I said my vote was sitting on a player that I didn't think is scum, I was indeed referring to mozamis. But there's no way I can make you believe me.

why? you're worried people think we are scumbuddies?
Think people are smarter than that.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Meransiel »

mozamis wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Thing is, I was referring to the vote count. So, when I said my vote was sitting on a player that I didn't think is scum, I was indeed referring to mozamis. But there's no way I can make you believe me.

why? you're worried people think we are scumbuddies?
Think people are smarter than that.
Dude, this is the internet.

@pj:

I really feel that scotsmany plays it safe, even too safe. He jumped on my wagon when it was extremely popular, and most of his posts are him either agreeing or disagreeing with somebody else's argument. In short, he's not contributing with anything, and making it appear as if he is. Or anyway, that's the impression he gave me.

On those grounds, I don't really know if he should be hammered right away, but the fact that kind of nobody suspects him scares me a little.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Amrun »

MrBuddyLee looking a little better to me.

mozamis and meransiel looking more linked by the post.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:53 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Meransiel wrote:I really feel that scotsmany plays it safe, even too safe. He jumped on my wagon when it was extremely popular, and most of his posts are him either agreeing or disagreeing with somebody else's argument. In short, he's not contributing with anything, and making it appear as if he is. Or anyway, that's the impression he gave me.
First, when I voted for you, there was only one other person (truant) who was voting for you. Mozamis had the popular wagon. Not you. Second, please show where most of my posts are me either agreeing or disagreeing with somebody else's argument? A quick iso of me shows that this is in fact not the case. I fully disagree with the statement that I am not contributing with anything.

nopointinacting up is jumping up my scumlist. First, he ignores my statement that I have seen town criticize their predecessor before. Regardless, that isn't even applicable to this situation. MBL's opening post was clearly a joke, which is evident by the fact that his predecessor hadn't posted at all. nopoints scumtell has no reason to be applied in this situation.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:07 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Going to do a quick run-down of the fallout from my entrance into the game, to see if any clear patterns emerge:

* mozamis fosed me because he said something similar in a previous game as scum. Note he did not leap at the opportunity to move his vote off petroleumjelly and on to me, implying that he and pj probably aren't scum together.

* Truant asked a reasonable question, probing why I read my predecessor's posts and not anything else. Did not appear to catch the "trick" in the question, however.

* kunkstar went after mozamis for his poor logic, without moving his random vote off BlenBlen

* nopointactingup used MBL as an excuse not to vote the obvious scumpartners M&M. This is weak protection of Meransiel and mozamis by nopoint.

* Meransiel jumps on the MBL wagon citing my "opening post" (note, not referencing subsequent posts, only the "I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum."), moving vote off scotmany/mozamis. Note, Meransiel wants us to see this as a vote switch off mozamis, not off scotmany. Meransiel still wants us to think Meransiel suspects scot. Mild protection by Meransiel of mozamis/scot.

* Truant votes MBL, saying the scumtell is "reliable". Moves vote off Meransiel, who Truant was pretty positive was scum. Unusual behavior--possibly protective, possibly realized he overstepped on Meransiel.

* OGML avoids commenting on the obvious hot topic. Later admits he's gunshy of MBL. Tosses slushy snowball at mozamis instead and says "pretty sure" Meransiel is town. hmm, also note: he says "MBL always thinks I'm easy pickens" which implies I'm scum trying to set townOGML up for a fall, but he doesn't vote me. Doesn't add up.

* Amrun expresses willingness to vote MBL but wants to see a vote count. Unwillingness to move vote off mozamis implies they're less likely scumpartners.

* Truant solidifies MBL read, says 100% sure he's scum. Possible protection of the other people on the line today, mozamis/Merensiel--an irrational 100% read in this scenario hints at fear of switching to #2/#3 reads.

* scot defends MBL without quite getting the full picture--he says town can criticize predecessors, but appears to have missed the "trick" that there were no posts to criticize.

* implosion reads the situation mostly correctly, goes after Meransiel, Mozamis, OGML and Truant, who MBL is also going after.

* kunkstar finds possible scum motivatoin in Truant's selective 100% application of a scumtell. Solid play, in my opinion, building upon previous solid call-out of OGML. Votes Truant.

* petroleumjelly points out that the MBL wagon is bad but doesn't make an attempt to point out who's scummy for pushing the wagon and who's not. Pokes at Meransiel and OGML instead. Note, he's ostensibly looking for a possible link between Meransiel and Magnetic(MBL) (or possibly ender) here.

* BlenBlen lazypost, criticizes MBL wagon

* mozamis leaves vote on PJ but hints he may move the vote to MBL soon. Has a "gut feeling" about PJ's attack on Meransiel and leaves the vote on.

* Meransiel says he's SURE scotsman is scum but leaves vote on MBL who is an "easier lynch". My guess is his going for an "easy lynch" is bad use of English rather than scummy, but it's worth following up to ask why Meransiel is looking for an "easy lynch".

* More bad English/scumslip from Meransiel: "I never thought scotsman could be town."

* mozamis protects Meransiel AGAIN: "note how buddylee is tunneling for Meransiel. Not sure he seems very concerned if Meransiel is scum or not..." even as MBL is voting for OGML and attacking Truant+mozamis. Yet again, no vote on MBL from mozamis--leaves it on PJ.

mozamis is gluing himself to Meransiel, seemingly intentionally. Seems willing to leave a weak vote on PJ despite having a better suspect in mind.

Minor protection of Meransiel, lesser protection of mozamis by Truant.

Same by nopoint.

Minor association between Meransiel and scotmany. I don't see scot as top tier scummy at this point, but Meransiel is overly sure about scot's scumminess. scot is pretty sure about Meransiel's scumminess, and is trying to tie him to mozamis. PJ dove deeper into this, and Meransiel needs to respond--why is scot such obvious scum?

OGML got called out by a few players and is hiding out. BlenBlen's lurking is bad, but not as egregious as OGML's, which appears to be in response to attacks. OGML coming up with 2-3 excuses in nine posts ("Nyquil", "hung over") is scummy. It's difficult to see why town would hide in this situation.

Tuncali and BlenBlen need to post more if we're to have a fair shot at pegging their alignments. In my last game, in which we eviscerated all four scum, two of the scum lurked mercilessly and thus survived til Days 6/7. We need you guys talking, or replaced, and you should agree to those terms if you are town.

@nopointinactingup
Listen, punk. You've called me "sorry", "flailing", and called me a liar like 10 times in your three crappy posts so far this game. I would probably enjoy ad-homming the shit out of you in return, but my job is to figure out your alignment, not to humiliate you. If you're scum, keep it up. If you're town, try to make some goddamned sense.

@Truant
You also said I'm flailing. Please explain in great deal why you see my play as flailing. Do you have a problem with the specifics of my posts? As it stands, you've only commented on the first sentence I posted in the game.
nopointinactingup wrote:If his post history was what you looked into then why does he look like "obvious scum" and not "obvious cheater".
Because it's funny to call someone obvious scum when they haven't posted at all yet. It's even funnier if you can trick people into knee-jerk responding that you're obvious scum for "defending your predecessor". It's even funnier if those knee-jerkers turn out to be scum in the end. *crosses fingers*
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 am

Post by mozamis »

Mr Buddy lee, you are completely right. I should have moved my vote of PJ onto you sooner.
Apologies.
UNVOTE VOTE MR BUDDY LEE
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 am

Post by mozamis »

mr buddy lee, who do you think is town?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:35 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, time to spice things up.

mozamis, explain in detail why you apparently suspect (i) MrBuddyLee and (ii) myself, and (iii) why you are defending Meransiel. Do not simply quote your posts, or shrug this off. If you do not explain, I will DayVig you.

I would not suggest asking "are you joking?" with your next post. I am starting to get an itchy trigger-finger. This is your one and only fair warning.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

And while I'm at it:

If anybody doesn't post for four days (96 hours) without giving V/LA notice, you are also subject to being DayVigged today. Lurking towns are losing towns, so let's just avoid the whole "I-just-won't-post-today"-mentality if we can avoid it, hmm?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:23 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Shit just got real.
mozamis wrote:mr buddy lee, who do you think is town?
It's really early to say that with certainty, but there are definitely a handful of players who are playing logically, reading carefully, and appearing to try to make informed decisions. I outlined them in a recent post. Scum are capable of doing that in the short run, but they'll get caught once flips start happening and the subtle holes in their logic are pointed out.

More importantly, I am looking for answers to my recent questions directed at you, Truant, Meransiel and OGML.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:24 am

Post by mozamis »

petroleumjelly wrote:Okay, time to spice things up.

mozamis, explain in detail why you apparently suspect (i) MrBuddyLee and (ii) myself, and (iii) why you are defending Meransiel. Do not simply quote your posts, or shrug this off. If you do not explain, I will DayVig you.

I would not suggest asking "are you joking?" with your next post. I am starting to get an itchy trigger-finger. This is your one and only fair warning.
so you are the vig? is it normal to claim that early? and is that such a good idea for town? havent you just painted a big target on your back?
:?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:24 am

Post by mozamis »

oh, i dont respond to bullying btw ;)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am

Post by mozamis »

petroleumjelly wrote:And while I'm at it:

If anybody doesn't post for four days (96 hours) without giving V/LA notice, you are also subject to being DayVigged today. Lurking towns are losing towns, so let's just avoid the whole "I-just-won't-post-today"-mentality if we can avoid it, hmm?
again, a bt bullying for my taste. calm it down. you will get better responses.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Meransiel »

petroleumjelly wrote:If you do not explain, I will DayVig you.
What the actual fuck?!
Unvote

Vote: petroleumjelly

Vote will be removed when you explain what the hell you did there.
scotmany12 wrote:
Meransiel wrote:I really feel that scotsmany plays it safe, even too safe. He jumped on my wagon when it was extremely popular, and most of his posts are him either agreeing or disagreeing with somebody else's argument. In short, he's not contributing with anything, and making it appear as if he is. Or anyway, that's the impression he gave me.
First, when I voted for you, there was only one other person (truant) who was voting for you. Mozamis had the popular wagon. Not you. Second, please show where most of my posts are me either agreeing or disagreeing with somebody else's argument? A quick iso of me shows that this is in fact not the case. I fully disagree with the statement that I am not contributing with anything.
Mozamis had the popular wagon, but the popular theory was that we were scum together. In any case, not only Truant was suspicious of me, not even at that point. Also:
scotmany12 wrote:
Meransiel wrote:Petro, you change your vote way too often. I'm not suspecting you or anything, it's just a risky thing to do.
Why mention it then if you don't suspect it?
scotmany12 wrote:That WIFOM in Meransiel's last post only makes me more confident in my vote.

Preview Edit: Mozamis's vote on pj sucks, and is basically OMGUS.
You don't post too much, not to quote.

Also, you're tunneling on me. Badly. And your attempts to touch on the suspicion of other players seems intentionally weak. You don't
win
the game by lynching me, you know. Well, not by just that, anyway.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Meransiel »

*not much to quote
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

mozamis wrote:oh, i dont respond to bullying btw ;)
mozamis wrote:again, a bt bullying for my taste. calm it down. you will get better responses.
Actually, you didn't respond to the same questions when I asked you quite calmly:
MBL, Monday 5pm wrote:Do you think petroleumjelly is scum?

What's your case on me?

Why do you think Meransiel is town?
Please answer the questions--stalling only helps the scum if you are town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”