smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:26 am

Post by smargaret »

Furc, that's not an admission of guilt. That's me saying that while your lies are scummy, and you're more likely to be scum than DP, there are also people who are acting in ways that are more likely to make them scum than you. You can be scum and not be the best lynch for the day. Thanks for twisting my words, though.

Oh, I can't wait to see what you're going to try and turn this post into.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Oh, Furc. He's been giving me a gut town read lately, FWIW.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Feysal »

It's about time I got something done in this game. I've been combing through Artem's ISO and certain other parts of the game trying to get reads, and I've had some limited success. For starters, Furcolow.

Amazingly, I've reached the conclusion that Furcolow is probably town after all. Despite all his lies and scummy play. The main reason is that Furcolow claimed Heydar Aliyev, and though he has repeatedly changed his role claim, his name claim has remained constant. If Furcolow is Soviet, then I can't see him in the same scumteam with Artem. The bizarre way he voted Artem for being too town to be town may have been clumsy distancing, but other statements by Furcolow have since indicated he was serious with that suspicion, particularly this one:
Furcolow [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2860432#p2860432]#1490[/url] wrote:I am willing to lynch this slot before there is a replacement, because due to meta, he appears protown as scum and vice versa.
Furcolow said this about Artem when he replaced out, and though there was no chance in hell Artem would actually be quicklynched before a replacement arrived, I still don't see Furcolow saying this about fellow scum.

As for Artem's side, he repeatedly said he believed Furcolow was third party. He never displayed clear reluctance to lynch him. I don't know how bus-happy Artem is, but Artem's attitude toward Furcolow still suggests they can't be scum together, particularly the part about Furcolow supposedly being third party.

I considered the possibility that Furcolow would've lied about his name as well. DavidParker has claimed Mikhail Bulgakov, author of the
Master and Margarita
, and it seemed plausible that there could be another, non-Soviet author. With Furcolow bringing up
Fahrenheit 451
twice for no apparent reason, I thought he may have been soft claiming Ray Bradbury. If the scum teams are really trying to kill off townies of the opposing nationalities, then it would be natural for the scum to false claim their nationalities to avoid being targeted by the other team. Of all the characters that have been claimed or revealed through flips, I consider Heydar Aliyev to be the most obscure, and therefore a possible false claim that scum did not expect to be in the game. But, frankly I believe this kind of play to be above Furcolow's level, and without daytalk other scum could not have advised him on what to claim.

There is something else too which I spotted in Furcolow's ISO, which I'm not going to quote here. It was but a hint, but it adds up and explains a number of things. I think I've figured out what Furcolow actually is, and I don't think he is scum. If I were to vote him it would be a pure policy lynch now, and though I'm horrified of the thought of him being alive in endgame, we've lost so many townies that I'm not sure we can afford to waste a day in policy lynching him. We may just have to accept that we have a loose cannon in the game.

Other players who I believe not to be Soviet scum based on interactions with Artem are Beasts of the Sea, DavidParker, gonnano, Lowell and The Fonz. LynchMePls probably too. This is most significant for DavidParker who has claimed to be Soviet, since he'd have to be on the Soviet scumteam with Artem if he was scum, unless he lied about his nationality. I also have a town read on DavidParker based on his overall play. He has done some things I considered scummy, but they're not enough to overcome the strong town feeling I got from his early play and his reaction to Amrun's claim. Even though it came from scum, I think Artem's analysis of DavidParker's actions regarding Amrun was genuine, and spot on. The other players I mentioned Artem either suspected or voted when there was no pressure for him to bus, which is a good sign.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

So who do you think IS scum?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by DavidParker »

As fun as this game has been i'm going to have to replace out sorry. Real life taking priority atm. Apologies to all.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 am

Post by Sotty7 »

• gonnano
    was prodded.
  • Looking for a replacement for
    DavidParker
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

This game is giving me a headache. I swear to god it's like 4 or 5 players are competeing for scummiest-player-ever. I'd be perfectly happy with Smargaret, DP, Furcolow, and gonanno lynches. Maybe bvoigt too.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Lowell »

Then lets lynch gonna, finally. He's been asking for it all game.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Furcolow »

actually he said im town, feysal
Furcolow wrote:
Artem wrote: -------------------------
Minor points:
- Would love to hear more from PoisonIvy.
- Loving the pressure on Furcolow, but I'm getting a town read on him. (Primarily based on my own panic fits I've thrown, when I was a townie getting wagoned.)
I also agree that, though I'm a regular PL, I can't be at this point. Town needs me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

Feysal wrote:It's about time I got something done in this game. I've been combing through Artem's ISO and certain other parts of the game trying to get reads, and I've had some limited success. For starters, Furcolow.

Amazingly, I've reached the conclusion that Furcolow is probably town after all. Despite all his lies and scummy play. The main reason is that Furcolow claimed Heydar Aliyev, and though he has repeatedly changed his role claim, his name claim has remained constant.
Why would you need to change your nameclaim, though? I mean, each change just increases the chances of counterclaiming. He only changed the bits of his claim
on which he was called out as a liar.

I don't see anything that couldn't have been a bus at either end between those two. As for the rest of your list, I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, the notion that scum don't bus unless they have to doesn't really hold, I don't think.
Beasts of the Sea
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Beasts of the Sea
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Beasts of the Sea »

Stephoscope wrote:Ummm scum probably does remain scum forever and ever in this game. I'm not going to build more case on bvoigt based on later things that I don't really think are tells; that would be tunneling. In face I will go so far as to admit that he and I have advocated several of the same positions (Bunnylover's lynch; nachomamma claiming; unvoting smargaret). But I did get mega scum vibes from him in those first few posts, I still trust my gut, and my gut says he is scum. It can absolutely be expected that if he was pegged as scum early on, even if a bandwagon didn't start up, he'd be extra careful going forwards.
So you think your D1 (seven RL days) reads are that strong? They couldn't possibly be wrong because of day one being day one? I'll restate your "case posts" again since I find them very unconvincing, at least to the degree of "mega scum vibes":
Stephoscope wrote:Reading him in iso, I find it pretty likely that he is scum. I don't like all the little suggestions that he is town.
Stephoscope wrote:Reading him in iso makes me think he's trying to hard to be seen as a verified townie. And I don't like how he's completely ignored my vote.
That is solid enough to make someone scum for life?

Couple all that with this comment:
Stephoscope wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Smarg today, bvoigt tomorrow - let's do this.
Does your plan change depending on how smargaret flips?
Why are you weighing out how someone is going to be viewed after someone else flips? Especially if that person is someone you have a "mega scum vibe" on? Shouldn't you instead be advocating for bvoigt's lynch first instead of figuring out if someone else's read is going to change on your "mega scum vibe"? This looks to me to be like you are weighing out lynching someone not on your team and gauging how that lynch is going to affect your partner's standing tomorrow.

Stephoscope
- what did you think of Artem/VP before he died?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lowell wrote:Then lets lynch gonna, finally. He's been asking for it all game.
Alright.
He's someone everyone seems to be happy with lynching, but has never been in real danger of a lynch.

vote: gonnano

New plan:
Gonnano today, bvoigt tomorrow.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:06 am

Post by gonnano »

I'm back, and I agree with Feysal's analysis of Furcolow and his interactions with Artem. I think it is unlikely that Furc's claimed nationality is a lie, because it seems like an unnecessary risk to take.

I think my own scumminess has been blown way out of proportion. I'll be the first to admit that I've made mistakes in this game, but I don't think I've done anything that makes me the best lynch for today.

After thinking about it some more, I agree with the people who said that smarg probably wouldn't claim neighbor if she wasn't one. I still think it would be good to get some more information about the neighbor, though, since it's a relatively safe claim in terms of giving information to the mafia, and it might lead to some good analysis of earlier posts. Not to mention that it would act as insurance against the outside chance that smarg isn't a neighbor.

Let's start with this.
@smarg: Is your town read on your neighbor based on some kind of special information that you have because you are neighbors?
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Furcolow »

The Fonz wrote:
Feysal wrote:It's about time I got something done in this game. I've been combing through Artem's ISO and certain other parts of the game trying to get reads, and I've had some limited success. For starters, Furcolow.

Amazingly, I've reached the conclusion that Furcolow is probably town after all. Despite all his lies and scummy play. The main reason is that Furcolow claimed Heydar Aliyev, and though he has repeatedly changed his role claim, his name claim has remained constant.
Why would you need to change your nameclaim, though? I mean, each change just increases the chances of counterclaiming. He only changed the bits of his claim
on which he was called out as a liar.

I don't see anything that couldn't have been a bus at either end between those two. As for the rest of your list, I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, the notion that scum don't bus unless they have to doesn't really hold, I don't think.
I'm here, you can talk to me, you don't have to scummily try to convince other people

Ad
, top 3 scum reads plz, excluding gonnano and bvoigt

There are 7 left, so don't cop out on me (i believe)
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by EGL »

Hey gang. Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've had the flu. I still have it but it's starting to get better. I'll catch up soon on what I missed.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by smargaret »

Gonnano - yes and no. It's based on how what my neighbor has posted in the qt lines up with stated views in-thread, and posting style, if that makes any sense?

The sentence "I don't think I've done anything that makes me the best lynch for today" sounds an awful lot like self-preservation over scumhunting. I'm up for a gonnano lynch if people aren't interested in going after Steph. I'd also go for an EGL lynch because of the quickhammer that prevented Nacho from posting and general lurkiness.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Lowell »

Someone brings up a gonna lynch and the thread dies. Mysterious.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Furcolow wrote:
Ad
, top 3 scum reads plz, excluding gonnano and bvoigt
Wait, so you want my scum picks 3-5?

Um, ok.

Probably smarg, stephoscope, feysal. But I don't really have any reasoning behind it other than smarg. The other two I just have gut scum reads on more than the rest.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I forgot egl. He's up there too.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:09 am

Post by Sotty7 »

• Sathoris
    has been prodded.
  • XScorpion
    has been prodded.
  • Scott Brosius
    has been prodded
  • Stephoscope
    has been prodded.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Unvote
Vote: Gonanno

Full disclosure: This game is really boring me. There have been an insane number of replacements though, so I'm going to try to hang in there.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Beasts of the Sea wrote:
Stephoscope
- what did you think of Artem/VP before he died?
I didn't think he was scum. Artem seemed pretty town to me, and VP's case on Amrun seemed completely solid.

I really don't understand why you seem to think I'm scum and I'm bussing--
I really do want bvoigt lynched ASAP
--but whatever.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Sathoris »

LynchMePls wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Gonanno

Full disclosure: This game is really boring me. There have been an insane number of replacements though, so I'm going to try to hang in there.
I'm having the same feeling.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

This game isn't boring me
it is infuriating me
I don't understand why people insist on keeping obvscum alive
like seriously is it really that difficult for everyone to lynch scum? Like what exactly is the criteria you need to lynch someone? Do you just pull names out of a hat until you find one that fits? Or we can smarten up and just furc lynch and end the day omfg

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”