Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Greymarble »

@Balam: Quick, who did Beaver Weasel hammer this game?
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Balam »

Eh? UntrodStranger. I fail to see the relevance of your comment.
Frogito Ergo Sum
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Frogito Ergo Sum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 am

Post by Frogito Ergo Sum »

Have you guys discussed the hammer extensively in your qt?

@Copper, nope.
Everything we see hides another thing, we always want to see what is hidden by what we see.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Balam »

Oh, you said beaverweasle not UB (the actual hammerers) hahahaha. God, I should pay more attention.

We didn't really discuss the hammer past a "That hammer was crap" esque comment from equinox.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:45 am

Post by Balam »

(AGar)

Ok, this is a straight up call-out on Gummybear. It's been almost an entire week since your last post here. You're both in scumchat at similar times. You're hydra has posted elsewhere since then. You guys have the biggest convenience out of any account to co-ordinate reads for a post. I'm beginning to wonder if the lurking is because you can't fake them.

Get to it. Pronto.
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Balam: Vote. Them. Then. It's like you're willing to do anything to look like you're pressuring them, except the one thing that will actually create pressure on them to either get their act together or ask for replacement.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Greymarble »

Balam wrote:Preeety sure we've laid out our dislike of FES already. RTT
As for svt: it's the terribad hammer by beaverweasle that makes them a "must die" candidate.
This is in the air during the period of time that svt catches up and makes posts, as their play may or may not make up for the scummy play of their predecessor. The GB hydra has been practically inactive in this game, and it's active lurking. They've posted elsewhere, they have the luxury of being able to talk about the game 24/7, and yet their posting here is lackluster and rare. It feels as if they are deliberately avoiding the thread rather than just being too busy to post.
Balam wrote:Eh? UntrodStranger. I fail to see the relevance of your comment.
Balam wrote:Oh, you said beaverweasle not UB (the actual hammerers) hahahaha. God, I should pay more attention.

We didn't really discuss the hammer past a "That hammer was crap" esque comment from equinox.
My other head can lift this up if he wants to.

Vote: Balam

We ain't discussed it. But this don't pass.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Greymarble »

Lord Fonzi wrote:Balam: Vote. Them. Then. It's like you're willing to do anything to look like you're pressuring them, except the one thing that will actually create pressure on them to either get their act together or ask for replacement.
Switch from coaching to bussing.

It's safer at this juncture.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Greymarble »

Balam wrote:(AGar)

Ok, this is a straight up call-out on Gummybear. It's been almost an entire week since your last post here. You're both in scumchat at similar times. You're hydra has posted elsewhere since then. You guys have the biggest convenience out of any account to co-ordinate reads for a post. I'm beginning to wonder if the lurking is because you can't fake them.

Get to it. Pronto.
SHIT WE JUST SCUMSLIPPED

DEFLECTOR SHIELDS AT MAXIMUM
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

Cancelling V/LA. Situation IRL has gone to complete shit but at least it's given me time today to finish what I staretd Tuesday morning, and I really need the distraction.

Of course I have the most shittastic timing ever.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Greymarble »

"SIR THEY'RE POWERING UP THEIR PHASERS. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY DETECTED OUR CLOAKING FIELD!"

"DECLOAK! SET SHIELDS TO MAXIMUM! POWER UP THE DISRUPTOR ARRAYS!"
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

Greymarble, I don't know what you're doing in post 485, but since it looks to be a response to my 484, let me tell you something: If you were trying to accuse me of cancelling a V/LA for the express purpose of damage control in a Mafia game, you're wrong
and
out of line.
Lord Fonzi wrote:Furthermore, we are somewhat confused by their 'liking our push toward gummybear' and off of FES, and yet they themselves stay on FES. If they think FES is the best lynch, then we can't see why they'd like us moving off, on the other hand if they think Gummy is scummier than FES, we can't see why they wouldn't have followed.
I don't see a problem. I didn't move off Frogito Ergo Sum because the desire for Frogito Ergo Sum's blood in the QuickTopic was pretty high, and I trust AGar's and RayFrost's judgment; I assume neither AGar nor RayFrost moved off because they suspected Frogito Ergo Sum more than GummyBear.

Unicorn Brethren posting head for post 468, where the fuck were you? You should have been here when we were yelling and screaming for you in the dark, scary forest. (I think you're ReaperCharlie, by the way. This looks similar to Newbie 1040.)

I disagree with the Final Destination-Frogito Ergo Sum bussing theory. Your Copper scum read is
bad
Unicorn Brethren wrote:I completely disagree with the "kill the following" list in Balam.Equinox's post #464 at this juncture. Haven't seen what you've seen, apparently. Care to explain your scum reads on FES, SVT, and GB a little more? And yes, 180s are usually bad. Though this hydra seems to do its fair share, I can't exactly control that, and I still feel un-hypocritical in calling you out on yours.
I thought I was clear about my kill list. I have varying town reads on everyone else. I have a scum read on Super Vanilla Townie's slot from BeaverWeasel's posting activity. I agree with Lord Fonzi's read on GummyBear. I have a scum read on Frogito Ergo Sum from my Day 1 reread and I'm sheeping AGar and RayFrost; since I'm here, I'll continue the reread to see how that holds.

Opportunistic 180 is certainly bad, yes. I don't see a problem with doing 180s when they are warranted, however. One should constantly be re-evaluating reads in light of new evidence.

RayFrost wrote:As for svt: it's the terribad hammer by beaverweasle that makes them a "must die" candidate.
:facepalm:

To add to what RayFrost has said already about discussion of the hammer, I basically raged that Unicorn Brethren was acting like a bunch of numbskulls for having such a nice set of 6 heads, but it was too bold of a move for scum. We didn't discuss it after that.

RE post 481: I fail to see how that's a slip. RayFrost was offering his read of the Super Vanilla Townie slot, and it was based on faulty memory. His line about how little we discussed the Untrod Stranger hammer is the truth.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Greymarble »

You're right about the line. It's not your fault that you pulled scum here. Happens to the best of us.

Anyway, you're saying that SVT should hang for... no. reason. at. all.

Meh, I can read RayFrost like an open book. Didn't lynch him in 45 minutes on day 2 because I fail to understand him. He saw a read he didn't understand and grabbed a reason out of midair.

Everything after that was backpeddling.

Ya may have just sunk your scum team. You and Fonzi conspired to kill 2/3rds of you rather nicely.

Fonzi:
First things first:
Unvote: Frogito Ergo Scum; Vote: Gummybear.
Also this head would like to request a Prod on Gummybear.

The Frogito Ergo Scum wagon strikes this head as a contrived day one wagon. Unfortunately for us, it happens to be day two, and this town has already had its silly lynch for the game. This head plays with CES and Shanba a good deal, which is why this hydra was for his lynch earlier. However now this hydra is divided on the issue of his alignment. This head in particular feels that the defense that Frogito Ergo Scum is employing is indicative of town in the cases of both CES and Shanba. Likely what is happening is that Shanba is seeing more air in that hydra, which is doubtless a good thing.

In Post 412 and 415 it strikes me that Balam and Gummybear are teaming up far too readily to attack YosFlavouredCake. The argument in its entirety fails to account for the fact that most of the people who have played with Ether can read her exceptionally easily, especially players such as Yosarian who have played with her extensively. This head thinks that it's a puerile argument to go after someone both for successfully finding town and for the proposition of townhunting in general. If you know that he is being at least moderately successful in his efforts, it ought to undermine your argument that townhunting is an unproductive pursuit. At any rate, this head finds both Yosarian and Cay to be town.

Final Destination needs to calm down fast. At first this hydra was inclined to agree, and my other head may or may not still believe that Final Destination is town, but this head will see any continued lunacy from Final Destination as a scum tell. From experience, one of the best ways to hide alignment is to froth at the mouth. Unless some reasonableness makes an appearance in his posts, this head does not intend to give him a free pass for meta reasons any longer. Also please just end the entirely unnecessary false dialogues.
Now why mention Balam? It just doesn't make any sense.

The earlier post you made?

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p2881327

Asking for a prod.

That's hardly saying "OMG THEY'RE SCUM."

Fuck, that's not worthy of comment. But Fonzi wants to find a reason to find you scummy. And hint where your vote should go. Oh and why would he do this? Yep!

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2893225
Now, lets rewind a little, to one of Copper's earlier posts:
Interestingly, after claiming their heads to help explain their activity failure, it has been exclusively Equinox posting in the thread. The optimistic interpretation is that Equinox has found more time and is going back to being the "posting head." However, now that we know the identities of the involved players,
I’m curious as to why Rayfrost and AGar are not posting in thread
If there's one scum motto RF lives by, it's activity. And look! It's Frosty!

Can't do anything suspicious now, can we? Can't jump on a wagon right after our partners, can we?

Fonzi knows that in THIS crowd, that's worse than sheeping your partner blatantly. Buuuuttt, he committed himself to finding you scummy, now he has to push you over the vote thing. While being like "oh come on, snowman, don't do this to me!"

As I said a while back, "one of these days I'll find a scumteam that DOESN'T want to engage in random distancing from each other, then I'll have to actually try."

BORING

LYNCH TIME

LETS FIND #3
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Balam »

Greymarble wrote:You're right about the line. It's not your fault that you pulled scum here. Happens to the best of us.
Go fuck yourself.

I'll address the rest of that when I'm not thinking about how bloody your murder should be.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Balam »

(That was Equinox, by the way, the less emotionally stable of the bunch.)
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Balam »

(Equinox)

...okay, post 488 from me was out of line, and I apologize for that. It's natural to be suspicious when one of the heads suddenly comes back when the other two heads have caused damage. I don't appreciate the comments from Greymarble, but I think I need to be empathetic with the situation here and realize that my timing was pretty bad, and I wasn't exactly forthcoming about the situation leading up to me having time for this game.

The next post from me is going to be a lot more civil.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Greymarble »

Dun worry, you can't possibly offend me by insulting me :D
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Balam »

Greymarble wrote:Dun worry, you can't possibly offend me by insulting me :D
Oh, wouldn't I know it, GreyICE. Though the aim wasn't so much to insult but more to rage at your insinuations... Eh, I should stop here or else I will explode again. Whether or not you believe me when I say my reappearance was a coincidence isn't relevant.

Response time.
Greymarble wrote:Anyway, you're saying that SVT should hang for... no. reason. at. all.
Not what I said. The slot has been scummy, and the only reason it's getting a pass now is because of the replacement. I'm not one to lynch people as they're in the middle of catching up; whatever they have to say is useful.

There really is nothing more to RayFrost's error than a lapse in memory. I don't see how forgetting that it wasn't BeaverWeasel who hammered is in any way a scum slip, but we're not scum, so eh, of course that blindness is going to be there. Carry on.

You tying us to Lord Fonzi before watching us flip, though, is... hilariously bad. More so because you're dead wrong about us as it is, but I also disagree with your read on Lord Fonzi. That slot's town with the pressure they've applied and the stances they've taken. Their move to Balam-scum was natural. (I'm wasting my breath, aren't I. Kekeke. Keep this for later when we flip, since I know you listen to dead people.)
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:40 am

Post by singersigner »

Balam wrote:(AGar)

Ok, this is a straight up call-out on Gummybear. It's been almost an entire week since your last post here. You're both in scumchat at similar times. You're hydra has posted elsewhere since then. You guys have the biggest convenience out of any account to co-ordinate reads for a post.
I'm beginning to wonder if the lurking is because you can't fake them.

Get to it. Pronto.
First of all. Bullshit. We replaced out of one of our hydra games specifically because we HAVEN'T been able to post together for this game (and AGar of all people should know). Second of all, I don't like being harassed about not posting here OUTSIDE OF THE FUCKING THREAD, so stop it. Third of all, we forgot to say V/LA from last weekend. Our bad.

And I literally don't understand what the bolded means.

We told the mod we'd have a post up before we go out of town tomorrow and we will. Other priorities come first.
*prod avoidance :roll: *

Preview Edit/last several posts: STOP WITH THE FUCKING PISSING CONTEST ALREADY.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Balam
Balam
Goon
Balam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Balam »

(AGar)
Lord Fonzi wrote:Balam: Vote. Them. Then. It's like you're willing to do anything to look like you're pressuring them, except the one thing that will actually create pressure on them to either get their act together or ask for replacement.
FES. is. a. bigger. priority.

It's like we're not allowed to pursue suspicions outside of our main suspect unless that suspicion becomes our main suspect.. Would you like us to tunnel into oblivion?

I'd rather see them force-replaced at this point - 6 days without posting is a flake. But if the mod isn't going to do it, I'll call them out. Meanwhile, FES needs to die first.

If Equinox is back, I'll be back to simply posting in our QT, but this post of idiocy needed to be addressed.

P-Edit:

I haven't harassed you outside of the thread. I said I've seen you online at the same time, and yet no posts here have materialized. You managed a post in another game SINCE your last post here.

The bolded means I think you're lurking because you can't fake a case on someone and don't want to get caught.
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

Post by GummyBear »

FFFFFFFFFFFF,
hydra posting
It wasn't you, but it WAS someone in your hydra. Being online at the same time does not a post make when you're distracted with other things first. We've been able to make ONE POST in another game. Check the time stamps there and chill the fuck out. And Fonzi's right. If you really thought we were lurking because we can't fake a case, then vote us. Done. Scum caught.

But you don't really believe that, do you.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

The "Pooooooost" Vote Count:

FrogErgoSum (3): Final Destination, Balam, DaSpot
SuperVanillaTownie (3): YosFlavouredCayke, Copper, Gummybear
Final Destination (1): FrogErgoSum
Gummybear (1): LordFonzi
Copper (1): Unicorn
Balam (1): Greymarble

Not Voting (1): SuperVanillaTownie

With eleven alive it's six to lynch.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:01 am

Post by GummyBear »

unvote

I've caught up, but quadz hasn't. If he doesn't approve of my catch-up post by tonight, I'll post it anyway because we're going to be
V/LA through Monday
Lord Fonzi
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Lord Fonzi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Lord Fonzi »

Greymarble wrote:Y
Now why mention Balam? It just doesn't make any sense.
I can't see why you wouldn't mention Balam. I mean, top suspect Gummy is doing something scummy (attacking YosC with fail case) and Balam is also doing it, in a manner which might suggest they're in concert. If someone else was attacking something scummy that was being done by two people, but only mentioned one of them, I'd find that to be scummy, and an associative tell with the person they neglected to mention. That you're trying to make out the exact opposite course of action is an associative tell is, frankly, hilarious.
Greymarble wrote:The earlier post you made?

viewtopic.php?p=2881327#p2881327

Asking for a prod.

That's hardly saying "OMG THEY'RE SCUM."
I don't understand what this has to do with anything. Could you explain? I don't believe we commented on that post.

If there's one scum motto RF lives by, it's activity. And look! It's Frosty!
This is worth flagging up, because it's the exact opposite of my admittedly old meta experience of him. Seen him as scum twice I think, and he lurked both times.
Fonzi knows that in THIS crowd, that's worse than sheeping your partner blatantly. Buuuuttt, he committed himself to finding you scummy, now he has to push you over the vote thing. While being like "oh come on, snowman, don't do this to me!"
Or, you know, you see someone talking about another player who's doing scummy things, but seems really strangely reluctant to do anything that would actually put that player in danger or generate any real pressure. You find this odd behavior, and a possible indication of a tie to Gummy, so you press them on it. And lo and behold, it's yielded useful information. Balam has made abundantly clear now that they're willing to generate a lot of noise and heat with regard to Gummy's lurking, but when the chips are down not to actually do anything about it. Gummy flips scum, they get a long hard look. Conversely, FES flips scum, they look pretty good for not taking an out that was obviously available to them.

Preview edit: ANOTHER FREAKING V/LA?
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Greymarble »

I JUST lynched him. In a newbie game. Like 10 minutes ago (okay, a few days, BUT). And I can discuss it.

Fonzi:
Furthermore, we are somewhat confused by their 'liking our push toward gummybear' and off of FES, and yet they themselves stay on FES. If they think FES is the best lynch, then we can't see why they'd like us moving off, on the other hand if they think Gummy is scummier than FES, we can't see why they wouldn't have followed.

I can 'like' someone doing something and disagree with the focus (or not agree enough to move my vote). It's incredibly weak, and I'm not overly impressed.

I have a strong town read on spot, and Gummy is constantly VLA, it feels like you're picking on easy targets.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”