Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 am

Post by bvoigt »

Papa Zito wrote:
Terran
Mafia OP.

lulz

GG all.
Um...what?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Papa Zito wrote:Mafia overpowered.

laugh

Good game all
Translated to English.

BTW, EA I'm cool with sharing our QT if you are.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

Papa Zito wrote:
Terran
Mafia OP.

lulz

GG all.
QFT

Think serial killer

was town power role

Could not believe the flips. Sea of vanilla.

Gimme a town Jailkeeper and a JoAT, and try again.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

Like really.

I replace the mafia watcher. With a role cop. And SK with a Vig. And I think this game is fairly balanced.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:23 am

Post by bvoigt »

Ah, I didn't know OP stood for overpowered.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 am

Post by subgenius »

bvoigt wrote: BTW, what would have been the best way to play in the 1:1:2 endgame?
The consensus in the dead thread was to lynch one of the townies and force the scum into a night scenario where if one shot the other, he would win. Of course, this would require one of the scum to vote for one of the townies, and it's quite possible they would both refuse. With that in mind, I think you and Zito did it right, and were heading towards a good chance of cross-kills until Pod Person suggested no kill. That really was a great move on his part.

Also, hats off to Barry for maintaining a flow of walls of false suspicion towards Bill/Pod for the entire game. I thought it was a screening tactic, and I was right, but I'm quite certain that if it were me, I would have lost my focus at some point and started stirring up trouble where it wasn't needed and drawn attention to myself. You played a good game, and your walls of semantic defenses were too annoying to untangle, so I gave up on continuing to pressure you. Well played.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:44 am

Post by RobCapone »

1. Sorry for my play even though I stand by my defense of myself from zito's list, Ice's lie and refusal to explain was his fault, and hiraki really seemed scummy to me
2. Zito - :facepalm: you did nothing but confuse town, you tried to protect yourself by being purposefully vague to Dave masons, damn more scum hunting (like make convincing arguments) next time pl0x
3. On that note since I'm a man if my word and you guys are way too serious for me, bye bye MS

RobCapone out

(somebody tell furclow that this is how you stand by a promise when you say you will quit)
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Dekes »

Role pms:

Spoiler:
Dekes wrote:Welcome to Averagely Suspicious Mafia,
xxx

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

None

You win when all the threats to the town have been eliminated. Please confirm your role by PM'ing me back.

The game can be found here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16416

Good luck!
xxx

Your are a
Town Tracker

Abilities:

Each night you may PM me the name of a player. You will be told who this person visited during that night.

You win when all the threats to the town have been eliminated. Please confirm your role by PM'ing me back.

The game can be found here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16416

Good luck!
[
xxx

Your are a
Town Mason

Abilities:

You share a masonry with
yyy
who is town-aligned just like you. During the night you may chat in this quicktopic:

Good luck!
xxx

You are a
Ninja Serial Killer

Abilities:

Each night you may PM me the name of the player you want to kill that night.
As a ninja, your actions can neither be watched nor tracked.

You win when you are the last remaining player alive or nothing can prevent this from happening. Please confirm your role by PM'ing me back.

Good luck!
xxx

You are a
Mafia Doc

Your partners are
yyy,
Mafia Watcher
and
zzz,
Mafia Goon
. During the night you may chat in this quicktopic:

Abilities:

Each night one of you may PM me the player you want to kill that night and who executes the kill.

Each night you may PM me the name of a player. This player will be protected from any kills during that night.
Please note: A mafia member cannot use the factional kill and an individual ability in the same night.

You win when the mafia makes up the majority of the remaining players or nothing can prevent this from happening. Please confirm your role by PM'ing me back.

Good luck!
xxx

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are
yyy,
Mafia Watcher
and
zzz,
Mafia Doc

Abilities:

Each night one of your faction may PM me the player you want to kill that night and who executes the kill.

You win when the mafia makes up the majority of the remaining players or nothing can prevent this from happening. Please confirm your role by PM'ing me back.

Good luck!
xxx

You are a
Mafia Watcher

Your partners are
yyy,
Mafia Goon
and
zzz,
Mafia Doc

Abilities:

Each night one of your faction may PM me the player you want to kill that night and who executes the kill.

Each night you may PM me the name of a player. You will be informed of any player who visited that person during the night.
Please note: A mafia member cannot use the factional kill and an individual ability in the same night.

Good luck!

Comments:

So, this was my first modded game and all in all I think I did pretty well for the most part of it.

What went well:
- Activity: Although I had to replace some of the inexperienced players at the beginning, the overall activity was great. Props to all of you!
- Barry Allen: SK is always a tough role to pull of and he went through the game almost unsuspected for the whole time.
- Town play past D2: There was a pretty solid town core (EA, PZ, subgenius) and a pretty solid suspect core (mozamis, AGar, pod), so the townies made themselves very obvious.
- Mason staying hidden for so long. They're a powerful role, especially when it comes to LyLo.

What didn't go well:
- Town play until N2: I believe GreyICE would've been a great asset for the town, but unfortunately he became victim of the random D1 lynch. And it becomes quite apparent again how hard it is to deal with VIs/inexperienced players. Nonetheless I think wikkiden should've gotten a lot more pressure for that glaring contradiction on D1. Very confusing town on the first two days.
- Mason play: Sorry, guys. But you had the scum team already pegged N1. And Hiraki was in your town reads. And you completely let the Hiraki lynch go through on D2 (although Hiraki didn't help his case by doing nothing). You failed to form a vote block that could've pressured the scum more.
- The mafia kill N1: There was a claimed tracker with three scum roles to catch and Papa Zito who had all of you pegged D1 and you go after a moderately townish person? If you can get rid of a town PR N1 you do it, no matter how shady that person looks. Claimed PRs don't get lynched on early days without a cc. Wasted kill.
- End game: Not your fault, but it's not the satisfactory ending I was hoping for.

Regarding the setup:
I don't think the Mafia was overpowered at all if you take into account some things:
- A tracker who claims unprovoked Day 1 is a huge blow for town. He could've tracked all three scum so it'd be in the best interest to stay hidden as long as possible.
- The mafia watcher was basically useless with only one role to catch.
- The mafia doc may be a bit more useful than a town doc, but he is very dangerous for his team if he flips after he has claimed.

I probably would tweak it if I would run it again, but not by much (get rid of the goon/limit the SK in some way).

In the end, the town maybe deserved the win since two mislynches is borderline in a mini and they played overall well for the second part of the game. But as I said in the Dead QT, they got punished for their bad first two days and just weren't lucky enough with cross kills.
Ashblade wrote:Oh, Barry killed me. LOL, no wonder I died.
Sorry, I mixed up Barry and Bill. You were in fact the mafia kill and I fixed it in the other post.
bvoigt wrote:BTW, what would have been the best way to play in the 1:1:2 endgame?
Well, when pod proposed to lynch PZ, the confirmed town, I wish PZ wouldn't have dismissed it right away. Whoever PZ suspected at that moment, it was obivous that the two remaining scum didn't who each other were. Which would've increased the likelihood of an unintentional cross kill and a subsequent town win by a lot. Of course, there's a lot of inside knowledge mod talk in here, but this seemed to be the best way for town to still have a shot at winning.

I hope you still enjoyed the game as much as I did.

Fun fact: Scum hammered all three times. So much for hammers aren't a scum tell ;)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Dekes wrote:So, this was my first modded game and all in all I think I did pretty well for the most part of it.
I agree. I hope you do more modding in the future.

@Rob: Was I really that bad? I didn't think I did badly this game.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Equinox »

High five, Dekes!

This was a fun game to spectate. I don't have much to add, except that I had nothing to do... which is a good thing. :D
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:32 am

Post by RobCapone »

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but i think a good part of the dead thought you were scum until it was revealed you were mason

so what do you think?

@mod - I was at L-2 and I have been hammered without being allowed to claim on this site before

I'm a very paranoid player and I felt that there was nothing I could say to get the wagon off me. If I had gotten to L-1, scum would have hammered me IMO.

My wagon came out of nowhere and was based on nonsense

l-2 in an hour is OMG I'm fucking dying man.
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 am

Post by subgenius »

I will say that I somewhat regretted the Hiraki lynch. I really thought GreyICE had a good chance of being scum, but I wasn't as sure about Hiraki, and I wish that EA or somebody else had made some kind of defense for him. Even as the lynch was going through, I didn't feel great about it, but I couldn't find any good reason to unvote and didn't see any better candidates. I'll admit that I had questions about Bill, but didn't want to give Barry the satisfaction of admitting it. :lol: Also, I would have felt bad lynching Pod Person after he gave a quite thorough read and summary of such a long thread.

I definitely learned not to dismiss VI's as bad town players, but I still don't know how to tell the difference between VI town and VI scum, and I don't feel like we had the any spare lynches to throw at questionable VI's.

I enjoyed the game. I sucked ass the first day, but I'd like to think I progressed from overly enthusiastic and jumpy newbie to decent player fairly quickly. I'm glad I wasn't lynched D1 so that I had chance to somewhat redeem myself.
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Ashblade »

Dekes wrote:
Sorry, I mixed up Barry and Bill. You were in fact the mafia kill and I fixed it in the other post.
I see. Well I repeat the question. Why myself? I thought there were much better mafia targets when I saw who was the scum team.
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Ashblade »

RobCapone wrote:Maybe I'm reading it wrong but i think a good part of the dead thought you were scum until it was revealed you were mason

so what do you think?

@mod - I was at L-2 and I have been hammered without being allowed to claim on this site before

I'm a very paranoid player and I felt that there was nothing I could say to get the wagon off me. If I had gotten to L-1, scum would have hammered me IMO.

My wagon came out of nowhere and was based on nonsense

l-2 in an hour is OMG I'm fucking dying man.
Eh, I thought you were pretty town until you made your hammer threat. Then again I'm not sure I'm the best person to go by.

I still wish in hindsight we had that one more real time day before the Grey hammer. It really would have paid off imo.
I'm back... sorta. Not joining anything else until I know if I have enough time to keep playing. V/LA for most weekends. Apologies for my flake.

WHY ASHBLADE YOU FUCKERS? HE WAS THE LAST ORIGINAL TOWNIE THE LAST YOU KILLED A LEGEND - GreyIce
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 am

Post by mozamis »

we killed you (the highly skilled trio of penpen, barry and myself LOL) because you hadnt fingered any of us. There was no trail back to us. That was the idea anyway. Basically, you were neutral. If we'd killed papa, which was plan b, the feeling was that me or barry would look EVEN MORE dodgy than we already did.
I still say we should have kept Rob and Hiraki alive though. Whilst they were ripping the shit out of each other, i thought scum had a chance.
Still, yet another awful game by me.
Sorry pod and Agar.
But well played pod!
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:08 am

Post by mozamis »

bvoigt wrote:
subgenius wrote:I don't blame you for handing out "I told you so's" on that, but it was still a crappy case. :lol:
I wish a few of you would tone down the wallposts. They're OK once in a while, but an average post doesn't need to be in essay format. I know I'm more willing to read and accept an argument if it's concise.
I SO agree with that. A good argument should be distilled into a few concise points.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Barry Allen »

@ Dekes - you did a GREAT job with the round. Thanks!

@ Subs - you were definitely a worthy opponent. I was worried more than once that you would take me down. Thanks for the compliments, but I hope we're on the same side next time as I do feel very fortunate to have lasted through the game.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
Ashblade
Ashblade
Goon
Ashblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Ashblade »

mozamis wrote:
we killed you (the highly skilled trio of penpen, barry and myself LOL) because you hadnt fingered any of us. There was no trail back to us. That was the idea anyway. Basically, you were neutral. If we'd killed papa, which was plan b, the feeling was that me or barry would look EVEN MORE dodgy than we already did.
I still say we should have kept Rob and Hiraki alive though. Whilst they were ripping the shit out of each other, i thought scum had a chance.
Still, yet another awful game by me.
Sorry pod and Agar.
But well played pod!
Ah. Well, actually killing Zito probably would have been a better idea at the time since not very often town doesn't bother to read to dead, but otherwise I can agree with the sentiment, and it worked for all of you guys during day 2.

Anyway, GG.

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 am

Post by mozamis »

Papa Zito wrote:
Dekes wrote:So, this was my first modded game and all in all I think I did pretty well for the most part of it.
I agree. I hope you do more modding in the future.

@Rob: Was I really that bad? I didn't think I did badly this game.
Personally, i thought you played great and crapped mydelf whenever we had dialogue. Whatever i said you seemed to see that it was straight out of the "NOOB GUIDE TO SCUM" lol
And mod, yeah you're right. ashblade was a mistake. should have killed zito i think. or rob. i still dunno lol
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 am

Post by mozamis »

you should have all gone with your hunches more. there was big pressure to lynch bill, anmd then somehow greyice got lynched, and then likewise with pod, and hiraki got lynched. Props in part to agar for the hiraki lynch. My only criticism of Zito is that he seemed to know who scum was, but was slightly apathetic in actually lynching them, hence grey ice and hiraki.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 am

Post by mozamis »

and well played barry! :) i thought you were town through and through. Another great read from me lol
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

I honestly have no idea how I got lynched.

I get sick with the flu, spend a day vomiting and too tired to even think about logging on, come back, and find out I'm lynched.

Like... whatever. Seriously, all sorts of fucking whatever there.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 am

Post by mozamis »

and thanks Dekes! great game :) I'll shut up now :)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

Post by mozamis »

GreyICE wrote:I honestly have no idea how I got lynched.

I get sick with the flu, spend a day vomiting and too tired to even think about logging on, come back, and find out I'm lynched.

Like... whatever. Seriously, all sorts of fucking whatever there.
apparently, it was cos you "lied" about something. ??? i think it was just a communication failure, and people were worn out by a long day one...towns biggest mistake i guess.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

Nah. I could have been pissy scum. Hiraki was so obvtown it hurt me.

That lynch was painful. Town deserved loss after that.

Though setup meant town loss was inevitable. Run this 100 times, town might win 15
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”