Mini 1135: Deadmines - DONE. PRAISE AZEROTH.

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

If RECK, and RECK ONLY, demands clarification, I will share. My life is in his hands, and I quite honestly don't give a flying fuck about the opinions of people who can't shoot me right now.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Explain. Now.
green shirt thursdays
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

And of course, when she flips scum, I'm going to feel like a total dumbass for putting an even bigger target on my head than actually helping drive the lynch already put there.

Ninja: Starbuck was not lying about the cop investigation. I got a pm very recently (like, within the last few hours) stating that I was supposed to have gotten one as well at the beginning of today. This verifies one of the three possible things that could have confirmed her scum, and also means that I have a cop investigation to use tonight, and thus do NOT want you to shoot me, even if I would have been sacrificed to a bad assumption (if she's town, then the 1v1 was obviously untrue, from my perspective).

Of course, if the scum have a roleblocker, I'm fucked.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

The investigation will be used on Mae, obviously.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Again, when Starbuck flips scum, I'm going to feel like a complete idiot for everything I've just said.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Starbuck will flip town as a Blood Elf Paladin.

Good job in handing this game to the scum, fellow townies.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

You're aware that EVEN IF you flip town, AND Reck shoots a townie (me, for example) in addition to the scum kill, we're still looking at 6 alive, with 2-3 confirmed townies, right? The odds are still in our favor, so either you're just getting pissy because you got lynched for being scummy AS YOU ADMITTED YOURSELF, or you're scum trying to demoralize us, in which case, good luck, because we pretty much can't lose at this point once you flip scum and Reck shoots your buddy ender tonight.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Antihero »

Starbuck wrote:Starbuck will flip town as a Blood Elf Paladin.

Good job in handing this game to the scum, fellow townies.
Oh please, stop with the drama. Even if you are a mislynch it's still probably 7-2 and the list of possible scum is narrow at this point.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Antihero »

Oh, wait, inhim's OP is wrong. It's 9 alive now, so it'll probably be 6-2 tonight. Still...
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

You keep going on and on about being a dumbass if I flip scum. Nobody else has verified that they got a cop investigation yesterday, I even dropped the hint about it by saying that I believed Parama over smargaret. How dense do you have to be? Someone picked up on it and that's exactly why I was blocked.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

...not sure how Kairyuu getting a cop shot clears him and/or Starbuck.
green shirt thursdays
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Doesn't clear me, I'm dead either way.

He seems to not want to be shot though and personally, I'd go with the plan, especially after you see my flip, Reck.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Antihero »

This situation is excruciating because neither starbuck nor kairyuu are scummy (they're actually both pretty townish). The only thing going against starbuck is the sequence of the claims.

If inhim put in a repeat, I will rage.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Planning on it.
green shirt thursdays
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by smargaret »

Antihero wrote: If inhim put in a repeat, I will rage.
QFT
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Antihero wrote:This situation is excruciating because neither starbuck nor kairyuu are scummy (they're actually both pretty townish). The only thing going against starbuck is the sequence of the claims.

If inhim put in a repeat, I will rage.
What do you mean? I claimed before Kairyuu.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Antihero »

/exactlymypoint

Scum. just. don't. flavor. CC. a. VT. claim. while. not. in. LYLO. period.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Well, I can only hope that when my flip shows true to what I'm saying that Reck's vig will be pointed at Kai.

This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and we could have lynched obvscum ender.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Starbuck wrote:You keep going on and on about being a dumbass if I flip scum. Nobody else has verified that they got a cop investigation yesterday, I even dropped the hint about it by saying that I believed Parama over smargaret. How dense do you have to be? Someone picked up on it and that's exactly why I was blocked.
/yawn

1. When you flip scum, I will VERY LIKELY either die or get blocked, depending on whether or not the scum has a blocker remaining (because in the situation where you're scum, you were either blocked by a TOWN blocker, or lied about being blocked). I will NOT get blocked if the scum does not have a roleblocker, because I will be confirmed town by your flip (essentially), and have already CLAIMED to have a cop investigation to use.

2. If you flip town, and scum have a blocker (and Reck shoots a townie that is not me), oh well, I'll have to fight really hard tomorrow to save myself, and I'll probably lose that fight due to a situation beyond my control (the 1v1), resulting in a scum win. I'm ok with that, since I played to the best of my ability. Note that FOUR DIFFERENT THINGS must go wrong tonight to put us in that situation.

3. If you flip town, and scum have a blocker, but Reck shoots one of the scum (ender, if he listens to me about who he should be shooting tonight REGARDLESS OF YOUR FLIP), we'll be looking at 5-1 going into D4. I'll still fight my lynch at least somewhat, but again I don't expect to win. It's a setback, but I've got at least a reasonable amount of faith in the players who will be alive in the 4 player endgame that would result from that, and I'd be rooting for them rooting out the last scum with no hesitation.

4. If you flip town, and scum do not have a blocker, several situations are possible. In the case that I am killed to avoid my cop being used to break the game (I need to run the numbers on that, but it's possible), then Reck shooting a townie puts us in the same situation as in situation 2, except I'm dead, so the lynch of the day has a chance to hit scum and continue the game. It is a second-worst case scenerio, but still WINNABLE if the remaining town plays well.

5. In the case where I am killed by scum and Reck shoots scum, We're looking at a 5-1 on D4, with 2-3 confirmed townies, and no Kairyuu to distract the rest of the town from having TWO MORE chances at lynching the last scum.

6. In the case where I am NOT killed, and Reck shoots town, I'll have a cop result to contribute at the very least before having to fight for my life against a loss. If it's a guilty, then I'll be able to go at another 1v1 with all of the ferocity that I was apparently known for in my early days on site and I might just keep the game going for another Day at least. Maybe even see a town win at the end, alive or dead.

7. In the case where I am NOT killed, and Reck shoots scum, I'll either end up sharing my result and going down to a lynch for a confirmed town win (guilty, or broken game), or fight rather less hard than strictly necessary, and get lynched for a somewhat better situation than 3, since there will be 1 more confirmed townie alive.

8. Reck shooting me plays out exactly like 4, except that there's one more potential mislynch target (because scum aren't going to be nice enough to shoot a townie who it would be possible to get lynched). Definitely not a good shot at winning, but it's preferable to 2 (and ONLY 2).

Those are certainly not the ONLY possible situations (there's a few more situations in which Reck doesn't shoot at all, but he's almost definitely going to shoot, so I'm discounting them), but they're by far the most likely, and of those, only ONE has what I believe to be an almost negligible chance of a town win. Regardless, if you believe that the game will be lost for town by your lynch, you MUST BELIEVE THAT I AM TOWN AS WELL. Thus, your position isn't even close to logical from a town perspective, and if you ARE town, I was probably right, and you're just getting pissy over being lynched. Get over it. It happens.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Antihero »

Hey smarge, starbuck gave her ability the name "Arcane intellect".

Did your tracker come with a name like that?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

xRECKONERx wrote:...not sure how Kairyuu getting a cop shot clears him and/or Starbuck.
It doesn't. It just means that 1 of the three things I was after her for potentially lying about (getting a cop shot during the DAY, having some "arcane intelligence" thing, and claiming Blood Elf Paladin when I am a Blood Elf Paladin) was actually true, which I would have known had I received my own cop shot at the beginning of the day as I was supposed to. However, 1 of the two remaining I know FOR CERTAIN to be a lie (barring mod shenanigans, as mentioned), and the other one could have been proven/disproven with the continuation of the massclaim. She still has the 1-2 lies and her play today and at least part of yesterday counting against her imo though, so I'm still NEARLY certain that she'll flip scum.

@Antihero: Starbuck herself said that she doesn't know what Arcane Intellect was. All she knows is that it "faded or was dispelled" according to her.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Though, of course, the possibility exists that she made up the name to claim it was her cop investigation, and then when I mentioned that my kill came with no such title, she backtracked before having committed to it fully. Such a possibility is irrelevant at this point, as she's already been lynched though.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by smargaret »

Antihero, that's a bit to close to violating the no meta arguments rule for my comfort. I'm suspicious of Starbuck's claim, and that's all I'm willing to say until inHim verifies whether that's safe to reveal or not.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Starbuck »

It's not actually. You can name abilities just not quote directly.

I take this as smargaret refusing to help town.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Antihero »

What?

No, what is it.

P.Edit - Yeah, I kind of do too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”