Cecily (0) -
havingfitz (5) - mikemike778, pappums rat, Jahudo, Idiotking, Cecily
pappums rat (5) - Voidedmafia, havingfitz, andrew94, neil1113, Pine

not voting (2): Bub Bidderskins, P.T. Barnum

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is
Sunday, April 3 at 9:00PM EST

as before, carry on
Last edited by Rhinox on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

P.T. Unvoted

WHO ASKED YOU!!

lol jk thanks for the catch.
Last edited by Rhinox on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by tarsonisocelot »

/confirm
I'll read this thread when I get home from uni.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

My name is Celestia, Princess of Equestria:
Look on my works, ye Mighty and despair!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by andrew94 »

yep, bus your partner please
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:01 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Hm? WHo's bussing who?

tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

Pine wrote:Welcome, tarsonisocelot! Is TIO an acceptable abbreviation?
TO would be better, or ocelot - Tarsonis is a
fictional
place
Anyway, having gone through the thread I should make a fewcomments and observations.

I'll be on mostly in the evening to early morning AEST (GMT+10 I think).
I haven't played enough to really have a playstyle. One completed game so far with three (including this) ongoing. In the completed game I played extremely cautiously for most of the game, then got myself NKed by becoming useful. This game I will be much less cautious though not recklessly so.

From reading the thread (I am not going to go back through and post justifications with each read, if you think I have something wrong just raise it with me):
Jahudo and Pine seem to be town
I think mikemike778 is also town and probably IdiotKing but I'm a little less sure there.
andrew94 is anti-town, but if he is scum they probably want him dead too.
neil1113 seems a little bit scummy
havingfitz seems scummy (the overreaction to pappums rat's "gambit", especially the enlarged and bolded LIES, seemed weird in a non-town way to me)
pappums rat I'm unsure about but despite the gambit/lie i think they are pro-town for now
Haven't yet formed opinions about the others.

Also: UNVOTE:
because I won't vote for someone I don't suspect unless we need to lynch and that's the only way. I'll not put havingfitz at L1 until after the weekend. You have until then to convince me that I should vote elsewhere.
DemonHybrid:Tarson literally took a phallus-shaped knife and fucked my brain with it near the end

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

neil1113 wrote:Lol if you say so Mike and Fitz. Just remember, Fitz is in danger of being lynched, it's only right that he pulls something out against somebody who has called him out as a viable lynch candidate.
Touchy much? Just because by some miracle you do not have a competitive wagon at the moment does not mean you are concensus town and immune from suspicion. If can you admit that your willingness to vote on someone simply because they are being replaced can be found scummy...then what is scummy about people pointing that out? But thanks for pointing out under the immense pressure you are facing that you are town. That's good to know.

And why are people (neil and IK to name at least 2) using 'quickness' as a negative? Is an action deemed quick based on the amount of RL time it takes to react on the number of posts it takes an individual to act? I'll answer for you....neither. It's not a scum tell. If some of you are slooooooooow to form an opinion, take a stance, make a vote, whatever...so be it. Town is as entitled to promptly posting their take/actions on things. <headshake>

@pappums...why take the time to craft such a well played and productive lie (aka gambit for those still catching up) and then basically be a
non-entity the past week?
I have responded to numerous posts by you, asked you questions, made accusations based on my suspicions, and you ignore them and simply say I'm obvscum. Here they are to save you your precious time:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p2887913
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p2891977
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p2892207

havingfitz wrote:@cecily. What? IK and pappums cases on me are pathetic.
Please state yours after you have read theirs and my responses. And why do you state you think pappums is not scum and then follow that up by discrediting his 'gambit' plan? That makes no sense as does (not) your vote on me. Please state your case.
If you are lazy time-consumed town, do town a favor and replace out. Otherwise play to your wincon (which if you are scum you are doing well atm).
Well??????????

Also...regarding your post 329, let me see if I have this right:

You voted neil because of his attacks on others (being disrespectful...ad-hom'ing) and unvoted him because he stopped. ????? Is that what you are saying? Awesome logic. So if someone does something scummy but stops...it's ok. And since he didn't believe me to be scum [Note to Cecily...have you noticed who neil's 2nd ranked lynch candidate is?] in the first place, it's ok that he resorted to names. Yer guuuud.[/sarcasm]

And thanks for explaining your vote. In summary, it appears you are voting me because:

1) My "unwillingness to let the gambit go as simply a way to provoke everyone to talk about things." Annnnd,
2) that I am "so opposed to it [discussion] that he's [me] attacking the one [PR] who started the conversations in the first place."

I would counter those points with:

1) I'm unwilling to let it go because it forms the basis for my suspicions of PR. It is not the only reason my vote is still on him.
2) Are you saying scum can't do things to provoke discussion? Ridiculous. And you are saying I am voting pappums because I do not like discussion and I am holding it against him? That is a faulty analogy. I would also note that you have not mentioned one word of suspicions towards me (that I can find) until the post you decide to vote for me. Despite at various points suspecting Voided (and keeping your vote on him for a few days after the lie was confessed), neil (for saying mean things) and out of nowhere...me. And what was your main reason for voting me again? For being against discussion:
Cecily wrote:that said I don't think we need to wait the entire continuation of this day unless someone is going to admit to being scum, and I think it would be more useful to learn if Voided is actually scum or not
before continuing on with deliberations over who his buddies are. We can always come back and re read these pages tomorrow, and knowing explicitly who is lying would definitely be better than throwing random guesses around.
What? But.....b-b-b-but,
Cecily wrote:Pushing a quicklynch without much information is very scummy.
I call bullshit on you Cecily. I'm committed to pappums att because today looks like its him or me, but whoever among town is still here tomorrow needs to string you up. IK can get in line behind you.

TO...350+ posts in this game and I'm the person you find most scummy (for using
EMPHASIS
)? Please do town a favor and replace out.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
tarsonisocelot
tarsonisocelot
Goon
tarsonisocelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 am

Post by tarsonisocelot »

havingfitz wrote: TO...350+ posts in this game and I'm the person you find most scummy (for using
EMPHASIS
It's not because you used emphasis, it's because your overall reaction to the reveal of the gambit/lie seemed entirely
too
emotional. You reacted more than I would expect someone to react naturally in a forum game, and that does not indicate town to me.

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:27 am

Post by pappums rat »

^^ flailing scum.

and i have either already answered the questions in your impossible to read wall posts or they are completely worthless questions to be answering in the first place.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

pappums rat wrote:^^ flailing scum.

and i have either already answered the questions in your impossible to read wall posts or they are completely worthless questions to be answering in the first place.
^^Uninterested/lazy scum/town. Way to keep up the level of effort there pappum.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 am

Post by havingfitz »

tarsonisocelot wrote:
havingfitz wrote: TO...350+ posts in this game and I'm the person you find most scummy (for using
EMPHASIS
It's not because you used emphasis, it's because your overall reaction to the reveal of the gambit/lie seemed entirely
too
emotional. You reacted more than I would expect someone to react naturally in a forum game, and that does not indicate town to me.
:down:
tarsonisocelot wrote:especially the enlarged and bolded LIES
So town are calm and collected. Scum aren't. Got it.

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:46 am

Post by pappums rat »

fuck you

i dont need walls to convey what i am trying to say. all your walls do is add alot of rehashed bullshit to make it seem like you have more to say than you do.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:24 am

Post by havingfitz »

pappums rat wrote:fuck you

i dont need walls to convey what i am trying to say. all your walls do is add alot of rehashed bullshit to make it seem like you have more to say than you do.
Nice...language like that might force Cecily to bus you. :lol:

Considering all the discussion and scumhunting you advocate you have done amazingly little of both.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

tarsonisocelot wrote:
EMPHASIS
too
Since you are big on normal reactions TO...how do you like pappums little hissy :?:

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Pine »

havingfitz wrote:So town are calm and collected. Scum aren't. Got it.
This is correct. However, the inverse is also true. Town are also emotional and passionate, where scum generally aren't. Sound like a contradiction? It kind of is. But when you think of it from scum's perspective, it makes perfect sense. What's the goal of scum? To
fake
blending in. Real, genuine emotion and passion are
hard
to fake. They usually stick out and smell funny when they try. Scum generally ride the moderate emotional scale, trying not to let anything slide but not over-reacting to anything...unless they think they're
supposed
to over-react.
havingfitz wrote:Since you are big on normal reactions TO...how do you like pappums little hissy :?:
PR's hissy fit just now is a perfect example. It's a classic nuclear over-reaction. Instead of calmly dealing with it or hitting that (very Townie but very difficult to fake) medium between outrage and sensible, he overdoes it and achieves irrational "Fuck you!" scumminess.

UNVOTE: pappums rat
VOTE: pappums rat
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pine wrote:
havingfitz wrote:So town are calm and collected. Scum aren't. Got it.
This is correct. However, the inverse is also true. Town are also emotional and passionate, where scum generally aren't. Sound like a contradiction? It kind of is. But when you think of it from scum's perspective, it makes perfect sense. What's the goal of scum? To
fake
blending in. Real, genuine emotion and passion are
hard
to fake. They usually stick out and smell funny when they try. Scum generally ride the moderate emotional scale, trying not to let anything slide but not over-reacting to anything...unless they think they're
supposed
to over-react.
You do realize I was being sarcastic I hope (I believe you do).

Just as I hope everyone realizes that there are no reactions, comments, scenarios that are explicitly/guaranteed townie or scummy. If they were the game would be a lot less complicated (for some at least).

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Pine »

You do realize I don't care whether you were being sarcastic? My comments don't depend on your sarcasm or seriousness. For the record, Fitz is a moderately-distant second on my scum list. I'd be satisfied with a Fitz lynch, though I haven't put the effort into his case that I have with PR.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:22 am

Post by havingfitz »

Pine wrote:I'd be satisfied with a Fitz lynch, though I haven't put the effort into his case that I have with PR.
Par for the course/this game.

neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 am

Post by neil1113 »

Fitz playing the "look who's Neil second lynch candidate is" card is not fair to myself. You and Pappums are both the only real viable lynches of the day, so you two were included because of that. I said I'd rather see Pappums go then you, because I'm more confident in that lynch then yours. I was not saying you out of EVERYONE is my second guess to being scum.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by havingfitz »

neil1113 wrote:Fitz playing the "look who's Neil second lynch candidate is" card is not fair to myself. You and Pappums are both the only real viable lynches of the day, so you two were included because of that. I said I'd rather see Pappums go then you, because I'm more confident in that lynch then yours. I was not saying you out of EVERYONE is my second guess to being scum.
On the defense again and my comment wasn't even directed at you. What was not fair about my comment? You said:
neil1113 wrote:My vote is Pappums, Fitz, Jerbs in the order of first to last as far as who I feel most comfortable lynching.
I was simply pointing that out as an inconsistency of Cecily's in my response to her terrible post explaining her ~reasons for voting me. If you have people you suspect more than me they should be on your comfortable lynching list. Would you rather lynch me than whoever your #2 suspect is? Your #3? etc etc?

Awfully quiet day. Anyone have any thoughts on my 'case' on Cecily? On pappums coming unglued for no good reason? (At least that wasn't an ad-hom attack...good job PR) :wink:

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

And so, Pappums continues to further my belief that his lynch is a good idea.

As for Cecily:

point 1 (paragraph 3): If his ad-hom-ing was the only reason I voted for Neil, then I'd unvote him once he stopped, too. 'Course, that only assumes that the ad-homs are pretty much the ONLY thing I object to and vote him for, unless you want to go ahead and except barning. Not that much of anything, though, IMO.

point 2 (her reasons for voting): 1.) Likewise, though we both share a few similar reasons (the gambit, Rat's avoidance of said gambit, and his recent blow-up).
2.) Nice job pointing out the contradiction. I personally wouldn't detract anything from her because of it, however, but it's certainly one of those things where, if they continue to be done, they pile up into a giant ball before you know what happens.

So, I think that while that analysis of Cecily makes her look scummy, her actions through the rest of D1 and in D2 will determine if she's the next to be lynched.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Pine »

Question: Does anyone think pappums rat is actually Town?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

First thing:

Hello Cecily. I see you still remember that 3.5 hour lynch :P. Not going to comment on that because that game is still on-going.

Second thing:

Wow, day-cop claim on page four. I'm tempted to believe this claim, though, because claiming day-cop on D-1 is a lot of risk for a scum player to try and get a mislynch when if they just let events take their course they're probably going to get one in anyway. I don't like Voidedmafia's response to the claim at all. Instead of being shocked at it, he immediately tries to discredit pappums rat. It's sort of like saying "Damn it, you caught me!". Not going to vote for him yet because I don't know the current vote count, but I'll
HoS
him for now.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Are you reading through this and commenting as you go?

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Pine »

Apparently. He hasn't gotten to the "Lol just kidding" part yet.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”