Newbie 1072 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Charlie »

Claim: Doctor.

N1 protected Ghostlin.
N2 protected Dazzy.
Not on target, but hey it's my first time doing this job.
I did some amount of goofing around on D1 to avoid attracting the NK, but for D2 that's normal play.
Breadcrumbs were like this: On both occasions where I did VCAs (ISO #6 & ISO #23), I coloured my name in blue. There was no other reason to do this. Coupled by the fact that I know that our mod Vel-Rahn Koon does PR flips in blue, I figured that I could make people go "ah of course that's so obvious now!" kind of feeling.

Last to claim is Dazzy.
Kindness
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Mute »

Charlie what does VCA stand for?
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vote Count 3.2

KingTwelveSixteen - 1 (Ghostlin)
Ghostlin - 1 (KingTwelveSixteen)

Not Voting - 3 (Charlie, Dazzy, Mute)

3 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

VCA is Vote Count Analysis I believe.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Claim: VT

Post coming asap.
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Charlie »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:VCA is Vote Count Analysis I believe.
Dazzy. Post.
Over the next few days, everyone should scrutinize whether Ghostlin is actually cop or is lying scum.
Kindness
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Dazzy »

It's coming, it's a big-un where I've been organising my thoughts.

Hopefully coherently... :shifty:
"They are concerned with matters hidden - under the earthline their altars are;"

ERTW
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Dazzy wrote:
I
guess we're almost done. This next claim will possibly confirm a suspicion I've been having lately. Won't say what it is yet.

Seeing
as we're not done with claims yet, I don't think you guys should be giving out too much info and getting all hyped up, we can still learn from these claims, and more content means more clues for scum on what they should say.

Charlie
, you're up my friend.

M
y day has been pleasant, but now I just want these claims over and done with, and it's upsetting me.
E
xcitement is not something I generally handle well lol.
D
on't keep me waiting =).

So. What does this all mean?

The way I see it, there are a few scenarios. I'll go through each and discuss.

1)Ghostlin and Charlie are scum:
If this is the scenario, then these guys have been planning this basically from Night 0. Their claims match up nicely, and reading Ghost's claim you'll notice that he's very careful to not say outright that Charlie is a "townie", but rather town-aligned or innocent, implying he knew what Charlie was going to claim. Maybe Charlie's role was obvious to you guys... I didn't really figure it out until today, based on some recent things.

My big problem: Most of the scummy notes I made on them in ISO can be at least partly explained by their roles and trying to stay alive.

2) Ghost is lying scum, Charlie is innocent (Was possibly read by Ghost):
I've been leaning for Charlie as town for a little while. On the other hand, Ghost has been leaning scum for a while.
Its entirely possible that Ghost figured out Charlie was Doc, and chose to claim cop. He had a 50-50 chance of being counter-claimed in either scumteam composition, but if he was confident in his reads and his ability to counter anyone, he could claim freely and worry about the consequences (if any) later.

2a) Mute Scumbuddy:
Ghost claimed quite early (and maybe numerous times) that he thinks Mute is town. Mute and Ghost have been acting fairly close all game. Numerous friendly or semi-personal comments, consistently supporting each other's thoughts. They teamed up several times, ie Charlie and Mer (Big time).

2b) King Scumbuddy:
Lately King and Ghost have been (seemingly) at each other's throats. Possible distancing in preparation for a bus which would solidify Ghost as town long enough for scum to win. Beforehand, not seeing much interaction. Will take another look perhaps.

3) Ghost is telling the truth, Mute and King are scum:

In summary, I'm doubting Ghost's claim. The whole Meransiel debacle really left a bad taste in my mouth with him and Mute, and the last little bit I've been seriously doubting his town-ness. The claim (in a mass-claim he proposed) was an easy option for creating dissent, as he's been doing all game.

I would say I am comfortable with Charlie's claim at this point in time.

Most likely scenario in my mind is Ghost/Mute, but my gut doesn't completely agree yet.

@ Charlie: What do you think of Ghost's claim?

@ Ghost: In your opinion, why would a claimed PR not be killed by the Mafia? (In general. I'd really appreciate it if you would avoid using very specific examples from this game).

@ Mute: After Mer's flip, do you still feel your arguments against him were valid? What is your opinion on Ghost's claim?

Hopefully this made sense for the most part. Please ask questions or for clarification if you would like it, I'll do my best to provide. Holding off on the vote for obvious reasons, waiting for more input.

Also, this is an edited version of this post because I felt the first draft was verging on tl;dr. It's still long, but alot of my notes have been removed for convenience, and to keep some of my cards to myself for now. I can bring some of it back if anyone is really interested in a section.

ERTW
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Another quick question:

@ Charlie: You never clarified this as far as I saw (sorry if you did), but why was it clear to you that Tclawren and Ghost could not both be scum?

ERTW
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

King, answer me this. If I and Mer were so scummy you had to point out our blantant rolefishing (and I'll note again, since you're deaf to this, all I did was point to a fallacy (?) in Dazzy's reasoning that he said Mer was the Doctor) why didn't you vote at all Day 2? You tunnelled me for the entire day and didn't cast a single vote on anyone. You almost entirely attempted to keep your hands utterly clean of the Mer lynch while accusing me and not voting.
MULTI-POST-ULTIMATE-COMBO-MATIC-MACHINEGhostlin wrote:
Yes, I was hoping Mer was scum and picked the wrong role to claim. In a 2 Goons setup, that is entirely possible.
Two goons? Oh, I wonder how you know there isn't a roleblocker, hmm?
Because I didn't get Charlie's post yet, obvscum. If Charlie is telling the truth, and I believe he is
since unlike you, I have an innocent on him,
there is in fact a RB and he did draw Mer the first day.

As for the 2 Goons assertion, up until Charlie claimed, I didn't know there was a doctor in the setup, I was kinda guessing since I though Mer was scum at the time, he'd fakeclaim my role and I'd counterclaim. What I meant there, misrepping scumtard, is that if there's a setup with two Goons in it, there's a 50% chance that scum chooses a role that is not occupied by another player. (You even ADMIT THIS in #417, so you know EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.) If you weren't tunnelling so ferciously, you'd know that in your brain of yours or reading the first post that Vel made.

Bluntly, I have nothing to hide: you know as well as I do that you had
no reason for not voting
Day 2. Mer was already a scum suspect, if the vote count of Day 1 was to be believed, but you never went back to him. I imagine you were pissed because he claimed a PR and you couldn't get him to L-1 to claim which one we had, so you went to your next obvious suspect, me, making my hammer look scummy and selectively ignoring the reasons why I cast it in the first place. You also ignored the fact that you had threatened, the beginning of Day 1 to cast TS's hammer, and only stopped when I pointed out that looked horrensously scummy, with less reasons than I, so you're entire case on that hammer is scummy and moot. The rest of the posts you've made are so full of WIFOM and rhetoric we might choke on it.

Thing is, you could only get one vote, so you decided not to ride that wagon to keep your hands clean of the Mer mislynch. (Vc's, end of Day 1 and Day 2).

Should I quote your post where you were willing to lynch TS on Page 6 or 7?

As for your partner: you've just distancted Mute and haven't talked about Dazzy...at all for a while. I'd say Dazzy because you agreed with the thought there was worse thing Dazzy could of done than hammer in agreement with me earlier during Day 1. Mute still reads town to me, frankly, which is why I didn't investigate him. Dazzy's had spurts of activity/inactivity, and so would make a better partner to lurk while King tries to raise fervor on mislynches, but I'm not going to rule out Mute either.

Charlie, if this flips RB, protect me tonight and I'll investigate either Mute or Dazzy. (I'll flip a coin.) I'll know for sure, because scum will have to kill one of us, they must. This'll lock the game. You ARE innocent. You are a confirmed innocent, so I can trust you. In fact, you're the only one in town I can trust 100% right now. Doesn't mean you're right, but I will NOT support a Charlie lynch AT ALL tonight, and you'll have to lynch me for the lose first.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

@ Ghost: In your opinion, why would a claimed PR not be killed by the Mafia? (In general. I'd really appreciate it if you would avoid using very specific examples from this game).
Generally speaking: you either have a roleblocker, or the person claiming the role is scum. The other scenario of 'praying for a mislynch' is loaded with WIFOM, and most scumteams won't optimally go for it: if you let the cop live, there's always a threat of an investigation where the cop clears one or more townies or the cop outs you as scum. Frankly, Doctors are bad too, because good ones can buy town another half a day or even a full day with two protects over the course of the game. The longer a PR survives, the longer you have to entertain it's scum.

I've had a ok record with trying to detect the above. In Newbie 1024; I convinced town to lynch a Doctor who outed himself Day 2 (Mute), and claimed he was blocked N2. Unfortuantely, he was the real doctor.

In Ozzie and Millie I screamed, whined and begged to kill a "Cop" who claimed Day 1 most of the game and then claimed each night he'd been RB. When the Cop was killed by the Vig the last night, he flipped scum.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Mute »

Dazzy wrote:@ Mute: After Mer's flip, do you still feel your arguments against him were valid? What is your opinion on Ghost's claim?
As I said, I trust Ghost's claim. Not enough to make me early-vote for king in case ghost is lying, but enough to make me suspect king. It's late and I'm too tired to go back and do much in ways of an ISO read though, so I'll tackle that tomorrow.
Do I stand by my actions on Meran? Yes. He's a VI (supported by the fact Vel-Rahn had to edit in after Mer posted something, warning Mer to shut up or he'd cost the town the game. =_=) and they are the single worst enemy to town aside from scum. Do I regret hammering him when he turned up town? No in that if he were still here he'd bog down any real scumhunting discussion, and make my head burst from frustration. Did him flipping town get to me? Yeah, I never like seeing town get lynched, but it happens. You accept it and move on to your next scum candidate. Today we should hopefully get one of the two.

On that note of course it is a single breadcrumb, which could easily have been placed by scum to set-up a mislynch today. Ghostlin, do you have any other breadcrumbs for being a cop?

@Ghostlin: Take it from me, when used correctly a doc is just as great an investigative role as cop.
@King: I'll address you tomorrow after reading through where I see the debate beginning between you and Ghost. Specifically, my starting point is post #355. For now: why did you not vote during D2?
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Post by Dazzy »

Ghostlin wrote: ...
I'd say Dazzy because you agreed with the thought there was worse thing Dazzy could of done than hammer in agreement with me earlier during Day 1
Ghost, can you clarify what you mean here please? I can't tell if you're accusing me of something or not, and would like to understand this part of your argument as it relates to King.

ERTW
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Dazzy wrote:
I'd say Dazzy because you agreed with the thought there was worse thing Dazzy could of done than hammer in agreement with me earlier during Day 1
Ghost, can you clarify what you mean here please? I can't tell if you're accusing me of something or not, and would like to understand this part of your argument as it relates to King.
Damn. That might have been GXW. It was GXW. Ignore that. I'm tiredposting.

The relevant point here is that King hasn't accused or praised you of anything. As far as I know, he doesn't have any opinion on you either way, while he believes quite sincerely Mute is my scum buddy....which echoes what you said as well.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin wrote:
Dazzy wrote:
Damn. That might have been GXW. It was GXW. Ignore that. I'm tiredposting.

The relevant point here is that King hasn't accused or praised you of anything. As far as I know, he doesn't have any opinion on you either way, while he believes quite sincerely Mute is my scum buddy....which echoes what you said as well.
EBWOP: As sincerely as a scumtard setting up mislynches can
sincerely believe anything
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Charlie »

Dazzy wrote:@ Charlie: What do you think of Ghost's claim?
I think this:
Dazzy's situation no. 2 wrote:Its entirely possible that Ghost figured out Charlie was Doc, and chose to claim cop. He had a 50-50 chance of being counter-claimed in either scumteam composition, but if he was confident in his reads and his ability to counter anyone, he could claim freely and worry about the consequences (if any) later.
But, subject to change after rereading the game (honestly muddled up a bit here)
Dazzy wrote: @ Charlie: You never clarified this as far as I saw (sorry if you did), but why was it clear to you that Tclawren and Ghost could not both be scum?
Yeah, it was kinda an offhand comment, wasn't it? It was because of a sequence of posting by those two... such in a way it does not feel natural for both to be Mafia. Hard to explain now, but gimme a bit: I'm sure I can put it in better words.
Ghostlin wrote:Charlie, if this flips RB, protect me tonight and I'll investigate either Mute or Dazzy. (I'll flip a coin.) I'll know for sure, because scum will have to kill one of us, they must. This'll lock the game. You ARE innocent. You are a confirmed innocent, so I can trust you. In fact, you're the only one in town I can trust 100% right now. Doesn't mean you're right, but I will NOT support a Charlie lynch AT ALL tonight, and you'll have to lynch me for the lose first.
I know, but... consequences. I worry about them.

-----------

I'll post more after a reread. In the meantime, please don't go throwing votes around. It is LyLo with 2 Mafia & 3 Town.
And Today's lynch is going to be either the claimed cop's scum investigation, or the claimed cop himself.
This much should be clear.
Kindness
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Vote analysis: Formatted with the information I know

Vote Count 1.2

Twistedspoon
- 2 (
gxw
, Dazzy)
gxw - 2 (
KingTwelveSixteen
Twistedspoon
)
Mute - 1 (Ghostlin)

Not Voting - 4 (
Charlie
FarmeriXi
Forseti
, Mute)

5 to Lynch. Click for DeadlineThe Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

** Weekends limited to Modding ONLY! **
Private messageWiki pageAIMMSNM/WLMYIM Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Vote Count 1.3

Twistedspoon - 3 (gxw,
Dazzy
Charlie
)
gxw-
1 (
KingTwelveSixteen
)
Charlie
- 2 (Mute, Ghostlin)

Not Voting - 3 (
FarmeriXi[/quote],
Forseti[/quote],
Twistedspoon[/quote])

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #7 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Vote Count 1.4

[quote=#00BF00]Twistedspoon[/quote] - 3 ([quote=#00BF00]gxw[/quote], Dazzy,
Charlie[/quote])
Charlie[/quote] - 4 (Mute, Ghostlin,
Twistedspoon
KingTwelveSixteen
)
KingTwelveSixteen[/quote] - 1 (
FarmeriXi[/quote])

Not Voting - 1 ([quote=#00BF00]Forseti[/quote])

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #8 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Sorry guys, I was out of town for the weekend and forgot to post the V/LA.

Vote Count 1.5

Twistedspoon
- 4 ([color=00BF00]gxw
, [color=00BF00]Charlie
, [color=00BF00]Forseti
, Mute)
Charlie
- 2 (Ghostlin, [color=00BF00]Twistedspoon[/quote])
KingTwelveSixteen
- 1 (FarmeriXi)

Not Voting - 2 (Dazzy,
KingTwelveSixteen
)

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #10 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:56 am

Vote Count 1.6

Twistedspoon
- 3 (
gxw
Forseti
, Mute)
Charlie
- 1 (Ghostlin)
KingTwelveSixteen
- 1 (
FarmeriXi
)
gxw - 1 (
Charlie
)

Not Voting - 3 (Dazzy,
KingTwelveSixteen
Twistedspoon
)

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:44 am

Vote Count 1.7

Twistedspoon
- 3 (
gxw[/quote],
Forseti[/quote], Mute)
Charlie
- 1 (Ghostlin)
KingTwelveSixteen[/quote] - 1 (color=#00BF00]FarmeriXi[/quote])
gxw - 1 ([quote=00BF00]Charlie[/quote])
[quote=00BF00]FarmeriXi - 1[/quote] (
KingTwelveSixteen[/quote])

Not Voting - 2 (Dazzy,
Twistedspoon[/quote])

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #15 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Vote Count 1.8

Twistedspoon
- 3 (
tclawren
Forseti
, Mute)
tclawren
- 2 (
Charlie[/quote], Ghostlin)
[color=#00BF00]Meransiel
- 1 ((
KingTwelveSixteen
)

No Lynch - 1 ([Color=#00BF000]Meransiel
)

Not Voting - 2 (Dazzy, [Color=#00BF000]Twistedspoon
)

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #16 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Vote Count 1.9

[Color=#00BF000]Twistedspoon - 3[/quote] ([Color=#00BF000]Forseti
, Mute, Dazzy)
Meransiel
- 2 (
KingTwelveSixteen
, [Color=#00BF000]tclawren
)
[Color=#00BF000]Forseti - 1 ([Color=#00BF000]Twistedspoon
)
[Color=#00BF000]Charlie
- 1 (Ghostlin)

Not Voting - 2 ([color=00Bf000]Charlie
, [color=00Bf000]Meransiel
)

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #17 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Vote Count 1.10

[color=00Bf000]Twistedspoon
- 5 ([color=00Bf000]Forseti[/color], Mute, Dazzy, [color=00Bf000]tclawren[/color], Ghostlin)
[color=00Bf000]Meransiel[/color] - 2 (
KingTwelveSixteen[/quote],
Twistedspoon
)

Not Voting - 2 (
Charlie
Meransiel
)

Vel-Rahn Koon

Virginia's Trump

Gender: Male Report this postReply with quote Post #20 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 am

Vote Count 2.1

Meransiel
- 4 (
Charlie
, Mute, Ghostlin,
tclawren
)
Ghostlin - 1 ((
Meransiel
)

Not Voting - 2 (Dazzy, (
KingTwelveSixteen
)

4 to Lynch. Click for DeadlineThe Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

-------

Notes:
Green is town, Red is scum, and I included my investigations in these VCs. I did not highlight myself as town, because it's only obvious to one person, which is me.

Analysis:
The one person who's ridden most of the wagons and was on Day 1 and Day 2 lynches is Mute. This would make him, according to the evidence, most likely to be King's scum buddy at this point, and my investigation target going into Night 3, since most of the time, scum will place at least one of their own members among the wagons. I would call my list like this now looking at this data:

Town: Dazzy, Charlie

Scum: KingTwelveSixteen, Mute (for investigation purposes)
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Well, crap. Half my color tags broke, and that was good stuff too.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Charlie »

Oh em gee, Ghostlin!
Use the preview button next time.
And hold up, I promise (hopefully not to be broken) to do a VCA later. There is no hurry.
Kindness
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:53 am

Ghostlin wrote:King, answer me this. If I and Mer were so scummy you had to point out our blantant rolefishing (and I'll note again, since you're deaf to this, all I did was point to a fallacy (?) in Dazzy's reasoning that he said Mer was the Doctor) why didn't you vote at all Day 2? You tunnelled me for the entire day and didn't cast a single vote on anyone. You almost entirely attempted to keep your hands utterly clean of the Mer lynch while accusing me and not voting.
MULTI-POST-ULTIMATE-COMBO-MATIC-MACHINEGhostlin wrote:
Yes, I was hoping Mer was scum and picked the wrong role to claim. In a 2 Goons setup, that is entirely possible.
Two goons? Oh, I wonder how you know there isn't a roleblocker, hmm?
Because I didn't get Charlie's post yet, obvscum. If Charlie is telling the truth, and I believe he is
since unlike you, I have an innocent on him,
there is in fact a RB and he did draw Mer the first day.

As for the 2 Goons assertion, up until Charlie claimed, I didn't know there was a doctor in the setup, I was kinda guessing since I though Mer was scum at the time, he'd fakeclaim my role and I'd counterclaim. What I meant there, misrepping scumtard, is that if there's a setup with two Goons in it, there's a 50% chance that scum chooses a role that is not occupied by another player. (You even ADMIT THIS in #417, so you know EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.) If you weren't tunnelling so ferciously, you'd know that in your brain of yours or reading the first post that Vel made.

Bluntly, I have nothing to hide: you know as well as I do that you had
no reason for not voting
Day 2. Mer was already a scum suspect, if the vote count of Day 1 was to be believed, but you never went back to him. I imagine you were pissed because he claimed a PR and you couldn't get him to L-1 to claim which one we had, so you went to your next obvious suspect, me, making my hammer look scummy and selectively ignoring the reasons why I cast it in the first place. You also ignored the fact that you had threatened, the beginning of Day 1 to cast TS's hammer, and only stopped when I pointed out that looked horrensously scummy, with less reasons than I, so you're entire case on that hammer is scummy and moot. The rest of the posts you've made are so full of WIFOM and rhetoric we might choke on it.

Thing is, you could only get one vote, so you decided not to ride that wagon to keep your hands clean of the Mer mislynch. (Vc's, end of Day 1 and Day 2).

Should I quote your post where you were willing to lynch TS on Page 6 or 7?
1. Wrong. You didn't point it out as a fallacy, you accused Dazzy of being scummy and then procceded to ignore him as scummy (or anything at all actually) for the entire remainder of the day. I have said this before already, and you have ignored it.

2. I already gave reasons in Day 2 why I didn't vote. To wit: I wanted to know how close Mer was to being lynched before I voted (accidental hammers stink and I wanted to push you that day as well), and then I just didn't want to hammer him since I was busy accusing you. Oh yeah, and I pretty much only got two posts out before Mer got hammered on Day 2. That
might just
have had something to do with me not voting anyone.

3. OH BOY LOOK AT THIS TUNNELING ON GHOSTLIN:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:...
Meransiel wrote:
Ghostlin wrote:@Mer: Full claim. Targets. Now.
Quite simple, really. First, no, I did not target anyone. Actually, I false claimed day 1 to limit the format a bit. Also, to protect the real power roles, if any. I'm Vanilla Townie.

Here's the deal: if I died, it means the mafia doesn't have a rolebloker. But I'm alive, so it's obvious they do.
Now, having that there exists a mafia rolebloker, there are 2 possible settings: no PR or 2 PR.

Charlie's posts look like those of a cop to me, and I guess he is so sure I'm scum he didn't even bother to investigate, so I won't ask.

Also,
Vote: Ghostlin
for hammering.
1. SO SUSPICIOUS. Lying about being a PR is severely scummy.
2. Nice job just making the "Dazzy could be cop" thing so blatantly in-your-face that nobody could miss it even if they tried. Such a townie move there. :igmeou:
3. Mafia could have let you live you try and get you mislynched even if they don't have a roleblocker, I've seen something similiar happen before.
4. Why are you saying that if he is Cop he didn't investigate you? I don't see any way a townie mindset would come up with this, the only way I see that being true is if you are scum, so you know he didn't investigate you because he isn't pushing you like everyone else.
Meransiel wrote:That's not the point, really. Just, blast this site for not having an edit button.

The point IS, that your likeliness of being cop combined with the fact that there must be a doctor, which has been hardly represented, leads to this conclusion: no power roles, at all.

If you wanna lynch me, fine, but do note that if I die, you guys will enter lylo. This is not Appeal to Emotion, it's the goddamned truth :D.
Stop PR fishing! And that is still an AtE, regardless of whether or not you are town. (The site doesn't have an edit button because if it did people could edit away anything scummy they do.)
Meransiel wrote:
tclawren wrote:Oh my God. Meransiel, do you think that your softclaim actually helped the town?
Why are you so sure there is a RB? Why couldn't (if we accept you are not maf) the maf just decide to WIFOM anyway?
And by the even if it is the truth it's still AtE.

Charlie: I don't understand your cop/cat thing. But that just might because I'm tired.
Of course I'm sure. And no, no sane mafia would risk keeping me alive. Case in point, there is a roleblocker.
Also, you saying that sounds like you're accusing me of playing poorly, basically, as a townie. So, pretty much "I'm lynching you because you bring no benefit to the town." Question, and a lylo does?
tclawren isn't voting you. :igmeou:
We don't know if there is a roleblocker for sure yet, as tclawren says right there.
AtEEEeeee
I also said some stuff about Charlie as well.

4. Wait, I am suddenly confused. Are you saying you were using the "2 goons" thing as something from day 2/1 or are you saying it happened day 3? I'm not really sure which you are claiming.

5. Oh boy, pointing out loudly that you got an innocent on Charlie even though we all know you claimed as much and there was no reason to do so. Except for buddying up to a townie of course.

6. "What I meant there, misrepping scumtard" "If you weren't tunnelling so ferciously, you'd know that in your brain of yours or reading the first post that Vel made." That would hurt my feelings if you weren't scum. *sniff* :roll:
Oh, and FYI to all newbies: Now that Ghostlin and me are in a vote-off in LyLo one of us
has
to be scum or the scum would have quicklynched and won the game already.
Especially
since he claimed cop with a guilty on me. Me trying to push someone that
isn't
Ghostlin in this situation except as his partner would be utterly insane.

7. Hahaha, this paragraph (the fourth) is so incredibly wrong, it gets a list-within-a-list:

a) I totally had a reason for not voting day 2, not the least of which being that I didn't get the chance to post much due to my horrible sleeping/checking mafiascum.net patterns around that time.

b) You are stating this as if you have accused my not voting day-2 of being scummy in previous posts and I weaseled out of it. This is the first mention of such an accusation as far as I can remember.

c) And you have selectively ignored my big reason I called the hammer scummy - it stopped people from being able to comment on Mer's claim - this whole time in favor of saying that TS deserved to be hammered. Whether that is true or not is irrelevant to my accusation of that being a bad hammer as I
never
used that as even a
part
of my argument against your hammer. In fact the only thing I said on the subject was that you were to unconcerned when he flipped town. So much misrep here.

d)
When
exactly, did this bit about me being angry I couldn't get him to L-1 so I instead pushed you happen at? During day 2? Impossible, Mer had already revealed his fakeclaim by then. Day 1? Also impossible, you ended the day before I had a chance to push you.

e) HA!
You
stopped me from hammering TS? I could have
sworn
that it was Forseti who did so and that this is just a blatant lie you came up with in order to get townie points.

f) So why don't you point out which points of mine are just WIFOM and rhetoric? And why havn't you mentioned it before? I don't recall you ever doing so. Ctrl+F and his good buddy ISO agree with me almost completly. The only other place you accuse me of rhetoric involves you using it to once again refuse to say something about my actual Re:Dazzy-cop-fishing accusation.

8. The reason the vote-count analysis of day 1 says I was still on the Mer wagon is because you hammered early. I have already said earlier in this post why I didn't get on the Mer wagon early day 2 as well, I didn't want to hammer him yet do that I could push you more.

9. I have thought of Dazzy as obvtown since day 1.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Dazzy
Dazzy
Goon
Dazzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Dazzy »

Ghost I actually tried to read your post at first and gave myself a headache lol.

I didn't realise this at first but Charlie is right, there really is no hurry at this point. A hasty, misplaced vote could (will) end the game. One of Ghost or King are scum, that is certain (or both). We have a bit under three weeks to decide who it is (though it would be nice if it was shorter - moar scumslips plz =D). Gonna run down some ideas, put some stuff together, hopefully post tonight (unless I get drunk... :wink: ). Otherwise I'll have something up tomorrow.

Cheers boys.

ERTW
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

1. Because there's no way he would of known that unless he was trying to get us to accept the Mer as doctor. At the time, Mer hadn't claimed doctor. So there was no reason Dazzy would of known that. Let me repeat this again for you: Dazzy. had. no. reason. to. know. he. was. the. doctor. This was mildly suspicious, so I accused him of information no one, not even the Cop, would have.

You implied much later that Dazzy was probably the Cop, not me. I was accusing him of having information that could quite possibly be scummy. I've not 'ignored' anything about this: I dropped it mostly because of the Mer lynch and your claims.

2. 3 proves that you had plenty of time to place a vote on either me or Mer. That entire block is from Day 2. You're even contradicting yourself, and now you've hedged your bets on no less than three people.

3. You have time for all that wall of text, a wall of text on me, and to 'say some stuff on Charlie' as well, and you can't cast a preliminary vote? Let me teach you how:

Vote: Person X.

All you do is fill in Person's X's name and bold it after posting. There's no reason if you're going to type accusations, you can't back them up with a vote. Not doing so is scumtastic.

4. Day 3's claims. I expected to be the only PR to claim. Which lead me to believe in a Two Goons setup, due to something you said WIFOMY about leaving a softclaimed PR alive for lynch purposes. Since I know you're scum, I thought you we using that bit of BS to explain why you didn't kill Mer when he pretty much said 'I claimed a PR!' It's suboptimal BS, but not impossible. I was surprised when my confirmed Town claimed the only PR remaining. Since I spent most of Day 1 riding Charlie, it makes sense, NOW, tho'.

5. Except it's the truth, and no one's
acutally
put it in dispute....including you. Are you saying that
both
people who claimed PRs are faking it?

6. Go to the wiki. Look up 'bussing'. Realize why this point is WIFOM. Come back when you understand it.

7. a-b) Except you had time to post walls of text. That entire #3 was about how you made accusations on other people and was from...Day 2. If you had time to post that and a few things that day, you could of added another 11-20 characters to vote. It's really not hard, or time consuming.

c) Why would we want Mer's claim? Frankly, at that point, he was either a PR that screwed the pooch, or likely to be a scum. Pretending to be a PR when you're not is so not optimal play, because as a townie, you're expendable for lynch. I personally didn't want Mer to get to L-1 and be forced to claim MOSTLY because a revealed PR is reasonably useless. You get blocked if there is an RB and you get killed if you don't. In fact, this is the reasoning I used to not to attempt to lynch Mer on Day 1.

d) The hyperbole is at Day 2: you were still pissed at us for lynching Mer, a lynch you supported not much before. You then didn't hop on the wagon, or vote me because you thought my hammer was scummy. Let me illuminate what normal people do when confronted with extremely scummy behavior: they vote. You did not vote. You had at least two options. Stop handing me a line about 'didn't have time'. WHY?

e-f) I'll point this out in another post. I'm going to acutally do a full case on you and this post is already getting long.

8) So you had no intentions on seeing the Mer wagon to lynch? Who else would of you voted for.

9) And you accuse -me- of buddying.

e) I'll point this interaction out later. I said that I didn't like your eagerness to hammer and saying we don't have enough info within two posts of each other. That was the first time you contradicted yourself, and you're
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 am

Wow, that is a lot of misrep there.

Ok, finially giving the reason you dropped it, because you wanted to push Mer and I was attacking you, got it. Considering how long it took you to say that though...

Who am I hedging my bets on? The only scumteam that makes sense to me is the Ghostlin-Mute one and
maybe
Ghostlin-Dazzy but that one is very unlikely. I had thought I made it obvious already, what with me saying that exact thing earlier.

There were in fact other reasons besides "I didn't get much chance to post" that I listed. Specifically I gave two reasons. ONE FOR EACH POST I MADE THAT I DIDN'T VOTE.

Ah, so it was something scummy
I
did that made you think there were two goons then? Even though you say that it would have been suboptimal for me to do so and you have never brought it up before now?

Crazy misrep. Let me quote what I said: "5. Oh boy, pointing out loudly that you got an innocent on Charlie even though we all know you claimed as much and there was no reason to do so.
Except for buddying up to a townie of course.
"
What part of that makes it seem like I think Charlie is scum? Answer: None of it.

You realise that the only way that is WIFOM is if we are both scum right? And how stupid it is for you to counter my counter against your "tunneling" accusation with that?

I never said I wanted him to fullclaim. I did not suggest that at all. I said I wanted to comment on his claim before the day ended. Nothing in what I have ever said about that topic has ever had to do with him making a fullclaim. It only had to do with being completely unable to even comment on the softclaim.

I was pissed day 2 about us lynching Mer the day before? We lynched TS day 1.

I wasn't going to immediatly lynch Mer in order to push you Ghostlin. Oh, FYI? I would have still lynched Mer, people who fakeclaim like that are just to scummy and unpredictable to let live in LyLo, regardless of how scummy other players are being. I mentioned this day 2.

Yo Ghostlin you still havn't answered this question from way back when: During day 2 you said you suspected me of trying to defend Mer as his scumpartner, but then said that you would only push me if he turned up town. Why did you say this?
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Wow, that is a lot of misrep there.

Ok, finially giving the reason you dropped it, because you wanted to push Mer and I was attacking you, got it. Considering how long it took you to say that though...

Who am I hedging my bets on?
The only scumteam that makes sense to me is the Ghostlin-Mute one and
maybe
Ghostlin-Dazzy but that one is very unlikely.
(1) I had thought I made it obvious already, what with me saying that exact thing earlier.

There were in fact other reasons besides "I didn't get much chance to post" that I listed. Specifically I gave two reasons. ONE FOR EACH POST I MADE THAT I DIDN'T VOTE.

Ah, so it was something scummy
I
did that made you think there were two goons then? Even though you say that it would have been suboptimal for me to do so and you have never brought it up before now?

Crazy misrep. Let me quote what I said: "5. Oh boy, pointing out loudly that you got an innocent on Charlie even though we all know you claimed as much and there was no reason to do so.
Except for buddying up to a townie of course.
"
What part of that makes it seem like I think Charlie is scum? Answer: None of it.

You realise that the only way that is WIFOM is if we are both scum right? And how stupid it is for you to counter my counter against your "tunneling" accusation with that? (2)

I never said I wanted him to fullclaim. I did not suggest that at all. I said I wanted to comment on his claim before the day ended. Nothing in what I have ever said about that topic has ever had to do with him making a fullclaim. It only had to do with being completely unable to even comment on the softclaim.(3)

I was pissed day 2 about us lynching Mer the day before? We lynched TS day 1.

I wasn't going to immediatly lynch Mer in order to push you Ghostlin. Oh, FYI? I would have still lynched Mer, people who fakeclaim like that are just to scummy and unpredictable to let live in LyLo, regardless of how scummy other players are being. I mentioned this day 2. (4)

Yo Ghostlin you still havn't answered this question from way back when: During day 2 you said you suspected me of trying to defend Mer as his scumpartner, but then said that you would only push me if he turned up town. Why did you say this? (5)
1) WIFOM/Misrep. This post makes the assumption that scum always buddy each other in order to cloud the truth since I've pretty much for 90% of this game have had Mute in my town column. It convientently ignores the convential wisdom of bussing. Also, if I'm buddying Mute because he's my scumbuddy, why didn't I clear him instead of Charlie? While both Mute and Charlie can be town, if you use the correllary that I'm setting townies up by buddying them, then Dazzy must be my partner, right? So why, if your town, do you find it unlikely?

Let me distill the question down simplier: If I'm buddying Mute, and I'm buddying Charlie, how is Mutebuddy different than Charliebuddy?

Let me be blunt: Your premise is flawed, or you're leaving holes in it to adjust to whomever you else you might be able to railroad for being my buddy.

2) I know you're a scumtard, you know you're a scumtard trying to accuse me of being a scumtard. However, from a third party perspective, this is WIFOMsque. So advising the new players that is 100% true is misleading. Fact is, I suspect you already know that.

3) Honestly, what would have you said that either wasn't already said in the thread: should we hang him, or let him go to Night? I didn't think letting scum get their hands on another claim (which usually happens as L-1) was wise, even if it was countered, and in this particular case, it would of been disasterous if Mer took his gambit all the way. Explain to me what ninja insight you would of had in the claim that wouldn't have been forcing the claim. Particularly since I was waiting for a more detailed claim (role, nightaction, blocked or not) or Mer's body.

4) You didn't vote like it. You didn't even leave an FoS or HoS that I remember Day 2. (Just checked. You didn't.) You just sorta accused Charlie, Mer and I of being scum without DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Also, your other reasons kinda read 'well, I thought Mer was scum, but I thought you were scum, so I applied pressure to you.' Which, when you distill it down was passive-aggressive waffling without acutally taking a stand either way. You also had a backburner against Charlie, who you now claim is town.

5) Quote me and I'll tell you what I meant by it.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin wrote:
King will probably get a second look if Mer flips town, but his attack against me almost seemed timed for when Mer picked up suspicion.
If you're refering to this, this is acutally; I think you're scummy for attacking me when Mer picked up steam, however; I'm going to open up myself to the possibilty you're town. Reason why I investigated you, acutally. I thought you were scum, but hoping the investigation would flip town.

Unfortunately, it didn't match my expectations.
Also, how do you know Mer is the Doctor? He didn't claim as much as I read. That's suspicious you'd say so.
My next post was a simple question about information that no one would of known from the information in front of them.
Looks more like an accusation to me. Oh, and also?
The cop would think of the other claimed PR as the doctor. That was, you know, the entire point of my accusation. That cop-Dazzy would think of a softclaimed PR as the doctor.
Saying it is suspicious is also incorrect, as the scum are not aware of what roles the town has at their disposal, so no scum-hunting could come from it.
Since you go on and on and on about me fishing about the Cop, I'd thought I'd dredge this up. I acutally never mentioned Dazzy-cop in my inital accusation/question...you did, posts later. I was just trying to sift if it was a scumslip (Dazzy-Mer were going to claim Doctor for Mer backstage at the time and Mer ended up claiming VT because the opportunity was ruined) since there's no reason for him to know that. But nice try to make it seem like you weren't rolefishing: 'Well, if Dazzy's the Cop, he'd guess Mer was the Doctor...' (Translation: can I get both PRs to admit it, or find out what the other PR is through a soft or counter claim?)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”