AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:00 am

Post by AMP »

1.) EST here, but I'm on at odd hours
2.) This is my second game on here, the other is ongoing, but I've played pretty extensively elsewhere. I'm a pretty decent townie, I love posting huge wall posts where I cover a person post by post, although I tend to do that more in the late game then early on in the game.
3.) I'll post whenever school lets me, which should be every day, assuming there is something to post about, I find that posts that merely say "I agree" are scummy as hell, so if thats all I have to say I'll keep quiet. I'm more used to 48 hour days so having a whole week feels like a huge luxury of time to me

To be blunt, I hate the night zero, I find it really unfair to the poor townie that didn't even get to post at all. As far as text wall go, I like them, I tend to write pretty verbose posts with lots and lots of quotes being analyzed (yes post by post analysis is my favorite scum-hunting technique). Also fair warning I tend to kind of tunnel to see what reactions I get, so expect me to start calling someone out as scum day 2, either because I believe they are scum or because I'm fishing to see how they react to pressure.

Also I assume we are still in the random voting phase? If so VOTE: Erratus Apathos

Oh a last thing, I'm new here so I dont know the meta, I would really appreciate it if you guys would point out the salient points of your play, thanks ^_^
AMP
AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by AMP »

Oh right, I'm playing in this game, it completely slipped my mind, reading now and I'll give my opinions, sorry guys
AMP
AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by AMP »

So things that struck me as I read the thread
ICEninja wrote:
He is lying right now in response to question number 2. Townies don't need to lie.

Do you subscribe to LaL then? Is there ever a time where a townie lying is justified?
I personally don't lie, almost ever, but there are times when it is in the benefit of the town to lie, (e.g. a single shot vig claiming compulsive to attract a scum shot)
DeathRowKitty wrote:Oh, and I forgot to comment on the third thing in the list:

That's just the "congratulating the doctor" tell in a slightly different form. Instead of "doctor saved us!", it was "luck saved us!" Scummy in that regard, plus not something I would expect a town player to be thinking about.
I don't buy into this as a scum tell, sorry, its pretty outdated and I dont see a single off hand comment as inherently scummy. The only point I see as having any merits in your argument is the fact that Lucresia answers the questions while doubting their usefulness, townies don't do things (or shouldn't do things) they dont consider conducive to a town victory

However her OMGUS vote is really, really damn fishy, and makes my scumdar tick, I can see why people started putting pressure on her. I don't know whether I need to put pressure on her or not, you guys seem to be doing a fine damn job of it

Also the whole thing with Pine seems to me to be a waste of time, not scummy, but a waste, we are all friends here, we are here to play mafia and kill scum, no need to get defensive.
Valern wrote:That's not my only post, you know. <.< I've already commented on what I find most interesting, but until there are more posts from Luc there's nothing more for me to say on that front. I try to keep a high content:post ratio. I'm not going to say anything unless I think it's worth saying; anything more is anti-town.
is one of the most true statements I have seen in a while, large content-less posts are the hallmark of scummy play.

and yeah, sorry for forgetting about this game guys, its been an...interesting... week to say the least.
AMP
AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:33 am

Post by AMP »

ICEninja wrote:
AMP wrote: is one of the most true statements I have seen in a while, large content-less posts are the hallmark of scummy play.
I find commenting on as little as possible an alternative effective scum strategy. I find clear, well thought out logical arguments with transparent thinking to be helpful to town. The better I can understand someone's thought processes, the better I can understand someone's true motives. If someone isn't posting enough thoughts on things, it makes me feel like they could be hiding something.

These are just different mindsets when playing, of course. I'm just a verbose person, and get along well with similarly verbose people. I have no problem playing with people who disagree with me on play style.
Oh, I'm not in anyway saying that large posts are bad, I personally enjoy writing long posts, what I'm saying is that one should be wary of posts that are really long but don't actually say anything or commit to anything. Scum love to write wall posts, where the end conclusion is "I don't know, he could be scum, or not". if you are town, you should commit to an opinion even if you are unsure of whether it is right or wrong. I mean the point of a long post is to explain why you came to a conclusion, not to write for the literary merit of your prose (if thats what you are here for you came to the wrong forum).
AMP
AMP
Townie
AMP
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by AMP »

@Mod I have a family emergency and am going to have limited access for the next 48 hour or so, profuse apologies to everyone

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”