Open 272 - Near-Vanilla (Over!)

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Bella »

farside22 wrote:@Regan: I disagree with outing the doctor. I don't care about the statistics. Keeping the doctor save as long as possible would be great, however if the JK saves the doctor the JK dies. I know it's 50/50 chance of this happening.
Considering who the JK is, I'm not sure I see how much of a loss that'd be.
Looker wrote:One of the second because I don't (fully) believe Egg's claim and Magua strikes me as mislynch-happy.
At this point, there isn't anybody who is willing to lynch Egg. Under these circumstances, why would a JK who, who thusly knows egg is almost certainly scum, fail to have counterclaimed by now? I don't think Egg is a credible suspect at this point.
Regfan wrote:
farside22 wrote:How is lurking town? How is posting in other games even considered town and not avoiding a game?
How is it a scum-tell? It's a null-tell. There's no two ways around it.
Context matters. Lurking in one game but not in others is indicative of active lurking, which is a known scum tactic. Lurking by itself isn't a tell, and if anything, the player is more likely to be town than scum. In this case, I believe farside called him out for neglecting this game, but not others.
farside22 wrote:I even have an ace in my pocket and I'm not using it, that is how much I believe in my own theory.
And not using it until it's requested makes you town? Considering it turned out to be WIFOMish stuff that doesn't proove anything... meh. I am distnctly unimpressed.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Regfan »

Also and point of order to Consp who quoted my post. He missed my soft claim (which I did on purpose) which tells me since he received his PM just recently. He doesn't recognize a town PM.
This was actually one of the reasonings you used behind the Consp lynch, if you believed the mod had made a mistake (That being given a certain role out before another in replacements) why would you beleive that he gave all the players the exact same role definition. A VT is a VT, the wording behind and with it means nothing. Therefore you stating that you had a theory along with this part of the previous post is a complete contradiction.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Regfan wrote:
Also and point of order to Consp who quoted my post. He missed my soft claim (which I did on purpose) which tells me since he received his PM just recently. He doesn't recognize a town PM.
This was actually one of the reasonings you used behind the Consp lynch, if you believed the mod had made a mistake (That being given a certain role out before another in replacements) why would you beleive that he gave all the players the exact same role definition. A VT is a VT, the wording behind and with it means nothing. Therefore you stating that you had a theory along with this part of the previous post is a complete contradiction.

Say what? Are you saying VT's don't know (as AntB pointed out that day) don't know all they have is a vote? Consp didn't recognize it, why would I think he wasn't scum at that point?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Bella »

Regfan wrote:
Show
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Regfan »

What? Are you serious here Farside? You're still saying 'Why wouldn't I think he's mafia when he doesn't recognize my role PM'?
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Bella »

goddammit, it posted before I could reply to this...
Bella wrote:
Regfan wrote:
It's an open game and the role PMs that were sent out are posted in the game thread. However, I think farside suspecting ConSpiracy for not picking up on the so-called "soft-claim2 is poor reasoning because while it may be true that all townies have is a vote, it's not necessarily the thing that comes to mind when you think about it and it bore no relationship to the townie PM posted in the thread, pluus since ConSpirady was a replacement, he might not necessarily have been sent the role PM because some mods just send the role to replacements, especially when the PM is already posted in the thread. Likewise, lord_hur calling farside out for not sticking to the wording of the townie PM was stupid for similar reasons. Really, I think this stuff doesn't tell us anything about anybody and more than likely, since softclaims are by their nature vague and ambiguous, it's just a case of people calling someone scummy for little more than miscommunication.
Show
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Regfan »

Bella, if you think it's a plain miscommunication and nothing more, then do you believe Farside is town? Y/N?
If N, who do you think is mafia then?
If Y, who do you think her partner is?
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Bella »

It's clearly plain miscommunication because we lynched ConSpiracy and he flipped town, yet a case was made against him for not recieving a town PM, which he clearly did.

I lean towards farside being scum at the moment, although there's no real certainty behind it. Scum partner would be one of AntB, Magua and you, in that order of preference.
Show
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:18 am

Post by farside22 »

@bella: How is it that Looker is not even on your scum suspect list?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Bella »

Because I'm of the opinion that what you're putting down to scumminess is more due to carelessness and a lack of attention being paid to the game. Particularly the Egg vote, I just don't consider it likely that Lookerscum would make that vote whilst employing a lurkerscum strategy (which is what he's done if he's scum) because it'd draw unnecessary attention to him.
Show
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Magua »

The game -- it's alive! IT'S ALIVE!
farside22 wrote:Magua: Why are you voting Archer? I don't see reason or an explanation there.
I'm blatantly bandwagoning Egg in the hope that something will happen.

Counterquestion: Do you think Archer is scum?
Regfan wrote:1) How has Magua not been
policy lynched
night-killed for being an
awful
awesome player yet?
Fixed that for you. Also, welcome to the game.

And, to head the massclaim off now, basic maths show it's a bad idea. Chance of losing a PR in a mass-claim is 50%; chance of losing a PR without a mass-claim is at worst (if neither of the outted VT claims are mafia) 25% and at best (if both of the outted VT claims are mafia) 16%.
Regfan wrote:1) Why the fuck was Conspiracy lynched yesterday? Sure SSS might have been scummy but ConSpiracy was fucking obvious town, Magua you're better than that. Why would a player replace in, read 20 pages and then attempt to set up a full blown attack on someone who was barely FoS'ed as mafia.
I assume you mean "Why would a
mafia
player replace in..."

Now. Is this a serious question? Because the answer is obvious: to get someone that's not you lynched. Or did you miss all of those vote counts during your reread? Because the farside wagon was the leading wagon up until three days before deadline.

Which is always an odd occurrence for someone "barely FoS'ed as mafia."

The other reason I fought for his lynch was that he essentially copied my reads list verbatim -- even to the point of not including me when he posted his reads.

Regfan/farside interaction is interesting but mind-numbing in its repetition. The part that sticks out for me that I don't like is farside's "If I was mafia, I would've shot Magua." In my experience, people who say "If I was mafia..." tend to be mafia.

However, not liking Archer's vote on farside. It's consistent with D2 read, yes, but for him to post, and respond to posts, and whatnot, without voting, but then vote once Regfan shows up, is just
wrong
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

Counterquestion: Do you think Archer is scum?
I figure scum with Looker at this point. I have a stronger scum read on Looker. Archer just looks like reads scum based on lack of scum suspects and following.

Reads Magua's game theory:

Oh look I get to prove someone's game theory wrong.
God I look forward to this game being over.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'm going to be brutally honest, take from it what you will, I can't tell if you're mafia, playing horribly or just plain trolling Magua. Highly tempted to give you an ultimatium of if you have 2 days to vote farside or convince me of an alternate lynch otherwise I change to you.
Magua:
Now. Is this a serious question? Because the answer is obvious: to get someone that's not you lynched. Or did you miss all of those vote counts during your reread? Because the farside wagon was the leading wagon up until three days before deadline.
At the time there was much more support for other lynch possibilities, Farside was not the easy lynch at the time at all, if he were to read 20+ pages, isn't he more likely to attempt to create a case against someone who was easier to push and more people FoS'ed. On top of that, the case was highly valid it's not as if the occurances of what she did was stretched so in what right is creating a case such as that a scum-tell. Farsides wagon simply because of one thing, and one thing only the fact everything she was saying was highly illogical and absurd as well as the fact she became obvious mafia.

In reponse to his reads, all of them were explained if I remember correctly you had similar reads to that of Lord, would you agreeing with Lords reads be a scum-tell? I don't think so, so why is ConSp having similar reads to you a scum-tell.

Now to progress onto why Farside is mafia and should be lynched

[*]She attempted to push towards Nacho soley due to meta reasons that were clearly wrong.
[*]She changed her vote to Jesse briefly and then jumped of almost the second that Jesse responded defending Jesses lynch until the end. Stated herself that she saw how it could be viewed as a scum-tell but pushed towards ConSp when he mentioned/brought it up.
[*]A great deal of her earlier posts were either fillers/showing fencesitting.
[*]Deep into the game votes someone due to their 'lurking' and nothing else when she stated she had suspects already.
[*]Shows hints of buddying with Egg without posting any logical suggestions to him - In fact asks him to out who he JK'd.
[*]Contradicts herself when she mentioned Egg had an excellent post and then later claims not to know something that was in it.
[*]Pushes towards Consp for very poor reasoning states shes fine being lynched but doesn't show that, meaning her says shes fine is just an emotional ploy.
[*]States she would soft-claim doc as mafia, inists upon it, when that's proven wrong and illogical jumps to 'I would have shot Magua I knew he was doc due to mod actions' which contradicts her pushing towards ConSpiracy.
[*]Changes her opinion on players soley based on how much they beleive shes's town/mafia
[*]States she was sure it was Archer+Looker, but now Archer was only mafia in the list due to lack of suspects when she ruled out AntB as mafia due to strong scum reads.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Magua »

Regfan wrote:I'm going to be brutally honest, take from it what you will, I can't tell if you're mafia, playing horribly or just plain trolling Magua. Highly tempted to give you an ultimatium of if you have 2 days to vote farside or convince me of an alternate lynch otherwise I change to you.
I'll save you the waiting two days.

This is me not voting Farside.

Go.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Regfan »

Unvote, Vote: Magua

Mafia is Looker+Farside. But lets lynch useless town first.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by andrew94 »

regfan, can you explain why the **** i am obvious town (and not in other games).
also why you lynching apparently 'useless town' instead of 'scum'
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Regfan »

Sure, your play here resembles that of frustrated townie, whereas other games not so much (They're ongoing we can't discuss them).

I'm voting useless town because Magua isn't going to help us at all, infact he's going to continue to defend and prevent an obvscum lynch.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Looker »

Bella wrote:Because I'm of the opinion that what you're putting down to scumminess is more due to carelessness and a lack of attention being paid to the game. Particularly the Egg vote, I just don't consider it likely that Lookerscum would make that vote whilst employing a lurkerscum strategy (which is what he's done if he's scum) because it'd draw unnecessary attention to him.
  • I'm paying attention to the game.

• Bella's point
    • I guess it wouldn't be smart to try to find the other scum while simultaneously jailkeeping Egg every night, then. O well, apologies for my stupidity and negligence.
Magua wrote:
Regfan wrote:I'm going to be brutally honest, take from it what you will, I can't tell if you're mafia, playing horribly or just plain trolling Magua. Highly tempted to give you an ultimatium of if you have 2 days to vote farside or convince me of an alternate lynch otherwise I change to you.
I'll save you the waiting two days.

This is me not voting Farside.

Go.
  • You forgot the alternate lynch part.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Bella wrote:Because I'm of the opinion that what you're putting down to scumminess is more due to carelessness and a lack of attention being paid to the game. Particularly the Egg vote, I just don't consider it likely that Lookerscum would make that vote whilst employing a lurkerscum strategy (which is what he's done if he's scum) because it'd draw unnecessary attention to him.
I disagree. Scum not paying attention is an easy ploy.

OMG Regan I swear to God get your fucking vote off the obvious fucking town and put you vote on either archer, looker or me! Are you fucking 3 or something? You don't get your fucking way so you have to put and push a mislynch!

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Regfan »

farside22 wrote: OMG Regan I swear to God get your fucking vote off the obvious fucking town and put you vote on either archer, looker or me! Are you fucking 3 or something? You don't get your fucking way so you have to put and push a mislynch!

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
The balls in Maguas court.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Bella »

Looker wrote:[[*]Bella's point
  • I guess it wouldn't be smart to try to find the other scum while simultaneously jailkeeping Egg every night, then. O well, apologies for my stupidity and negligence.
That would be a pretty poor strategy if you have a confirmed scum we can kill and no chance of stopping a kill through blocking Egg.
Show
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Regfan »

Bella, mind putting your vote up on Farside please.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Bella »

I'll vote when I'm damn well ready to vote.
Show
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:22 am

Post by AntB »

Don't like this "DO OR DIE!" attitude from Regfan, why not move some pressure on to either me or andrew to do your bidding? And the last I checked we don't need a unanimous vote to lynch, nor is a deliberate mislynch better than a scum mislynch...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Regfan »

AntB wrote:Don't like this "DO OR DIE!" attitude from Regfan, why not move some pressure on to either me or andrew to do your bidding? And the last I checked we don't need a unanimous vote to lynch, nor is a deliberate mislynch better than a scum mislynch...
You're going to have to explain this 'do or die' concept you believe that I'm using. I've played with Magua in multiple instances, I generally have a good idea of how his play-style his, his push on CS doesn't fit his good-town meta, that being said I had a town-read on his spot before he filled it. Therefore essentially I'm asking him to pick up his game or I don't need him in here. We don't need a unanimous vote, but with the amount of inactivity in this thread and hesitance of players to vote we need every vote we can get on farside.

Return to “Completed Open Games”