A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Benmage »

Magua wrote:My plan is better in that it will either get us two scummy-lynches, or get us a scummy-lynch and a confirmed-scum-lynch-the-next-day. That is, it makes the duel work to our advantage.
Yes, this is what I suggested only with voting Setael to nom Thor...Who if he doesn't, I will nom. If Set noms Thor we all have my champion whoever it is defeat thor killing both Set and Thor.

ANDRIUS IS UNTOUCHABLE. Magua. Trust me on this my friend.
DrippingGoofball wrote:We need to lynch Zdenek and Thor.
He killed Kast.
Thor665 wrote:Also, I might have killed Kast
:roll:
DrippingGoofball wrote:We could nominate Zdenek to "defend" Thor.
Nah Zden's not in this equation. We are going to RB him again.

Suggest someone better than Set and Thor. Right now that is the best combo I see. Andrius is 100% out of the equation, and Zden is illogical as well.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by Setael »

@Bunnylover: I asked you a question in the wedding QT that you maybe didn't see before the wedding ended. You said you'd had a scum read on Raivann from day 1. If that were the case, why did you avoid voting him yesterday?
Magua wrote:Anyways, trial by combat. Here's how we throw down. We're going to pick two people -- the scummiest person, and the second-scummiest person. In this scenario, I will use Setael as the scummiest person and Andrius as the second-scummiest person, because I can.
What's your read on Andrius? What's your read on me? Did you pick us as your scums for this example "because you can" or because you have scum reads on us both? Seems you were at least serious about thinking Andrius is scum since you voted him. Are we to assume that I am now your #1 scummiest read in the game? Last thing you said about me is that you had a nullread and were only voting me to avoid voting Raivann, so I find this odd.
Benmage wrote:Suggest someone better than Set and Thor.
Magua and BL
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Magua »

Benmage wrote:Andrius is 100% out of the equation
I'm past the point of caring about softclaims. What is the report that you received?

Setael wrote:What's your read on Andrius? What's your read on me? Did you pick us as your scums for this example "because you can" or because you have scum reads on us both? Seems you were at least serious about thinking Andrius is scum since you voted him. Are we to assume that I am now your #1 scummiest read in the game? Last thing you said about me is that you had a nullread and were only voting me to avoid voting Raivann, so I find this odd.
Probable scum. Probable scum. Scum reads on you both. Yes. No, I did not say that, I said that Raivann said that.

And before you ask, and because you obviously couldn't be arsed to look it up, beginning of D3.

Bunnylover is a terrible choice, as she is not Stark. posofctown has this hypocop thing clearing him, so waiting on that. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Andrius is in the same state. That's rather few people left to be the scum: Setael, DGB, Thor, Twilight Sparkle, danakillsu, Benmage is about it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm rather confused.

1. We're pretty sure we don't have a doc, because Kast died.
2. zdenek got roleblocked
3. A kill was missing last night.
4. Kast's death means that zdenek is confirmed modified bulletproof. He cannot be a vigilante because that's a role. He can be a godfather variant because factional nightkill is not a role.
5. Lynching zden and freeing up the roleblock is bad because.....?????????????????????????????????

This isn't SK hunting. This is saying that a lynch with a 20% chance of hitting scum and 80% chance of hitting a neutral is far better than a lynch with a 35% chance of hitting scum and 60% chance of hitting town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

tbclear, only not voting him because i'm still sorting out champion implications, not because im a waffler
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah, rereading Magua it does look like he's properly broken the set up. I was never saying my plan was the optimal strategy, I was just saying we can at the least lynch normally because some people seemed to think we had less than a normal lynch.

A really townie person or at least someone we want lots of info on should start the wagon that causes the lynch, and that's probably not me (tbd rolestuffs etc), so I'll just
FoS: zdenek
"Well, I..."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Setael »

Magua wrote:No, I did not say that, I said that Raivann said that.
Here's where you said it (on March 21, several days after the post you linked to).
Magua wrote:
Setael wrote: I'd love to hear what so fully converted you to my lynch. I find this really suspect since no one has given anything but crap arguments.

Shifting attention to me just seems like a distraction from Raivann. Of those who are listing me as scum with weak/contrived reasons {Raivann, dana, Andrius, zedenek, DGB, magua} at least one is scum (I'm looking at Raivann) and one is probably SK (hi, Zed!).
Nothing has "converted" me to your lynch. I have an anti-Stark read on Raivann, and a nullread on you. If the choice is between lynching Raivann and you, I will lynch you.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Andrius »

Benmage wrote: ANDRIUS IS UNTOUCHABLE. Magua. Trust me on this my friend.
:D

WAIT.
Who was in your Wedding QT?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Andrius »

Because we have ALOT of potential, especially based on the fact you all claimed. /iso hunt
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Andrius »

FFF I don't want to bother translating the morse code stuff, so if anyone who was in the Wedding QT with Benmage can claim that would be GREAT.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
You realize that there is no pro-town explanation for your targeting of Kast.
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:We need to lynch Zdenek and Thor.
He killed Kast.
:roll:
Oh dear gawd, y'know if you read another few words you'll notice a touch of SARCASM in that answer. Both of you are either scummier or...well...silly looking for even requoting that and acting like it means anything. Yes, oh mighty scumhunters, Thor claimed the scum kill in thread - obviously. :neutral:
popsofctown wrote:5. Lynching zden and freeing up the roleblock is bad because.....?????????????????????????????????
In short - continues to verify roleblocker and, if scum, forces scum to deal more with their pro-town angle here.
Double verifies Zdenek as SK because if the SK is willing to wait two nights to not kill someone - lol.
popsofctown wrote:Yeah, rereading Magua it does look like he's properly broken the set up.
...thanks for noticing how I said the same thing...earlier. :neutral: But, yes, Magua's plan is good. Though probably there should be some talk prior to "hammer" about who is actually the #1 scumspect (or even just 1-2 acceptable scum choices. Since all of the champion stuff is done via PM.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Andrius - Ben, TS, Kast, Shadow.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Andrius »

O_o Not quite what I was expecting. lol
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Benmage wrote:ANDRIUS IS UNTOUCHABLE. Magua. Trust me on this my friend.
Is this a verified town result?

Yes/no?

Because if it's just your "I'm Benmage, I'll Govern him" then Pffft.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wasn't gonna support Magua's plan until I understood it.

The heck does "continuing to verify the roleblocker" mean? Please explain how that tells us what Nexus's alignment is.
"Well, I..."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Setael wrote:
Benmage wrote:Suggest someone better than Set and Thor.
Magua and BL
Try again.
Magua wrote:
Benmage wrote:Andrius is 100% out of the equation
I'm past the point of caring about softclaims. What is the report that you received?
Is it massclaim time? If not, stop being antitown.
Magua wrote: That's rather few people left to be the scum: Setael, DGB, Thor, Twilight Sparkle, danakillsu, Benmage is about it.
Actually Dana is very likely town due to Kasts results. And I can mod confirm myself...Sooo yeah...lol

WHY NOT SET/Thor?? Clearly our best two...PoE.
popsofctown wrote:Wasn't gonna support Magua's plan until I understood it.

The heck does "continuing to verify the roleblocker" mean? Please explain how that tells us what Nexus's alignment is.
-A killing entity could've chosen not to kill to frame Zdenek.
--There could've been overkill
---We RB'd the SK...lets double confirm this by RB him again, harming?? Noone.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Benmage »

BTW.....is it massclaim time?

I'd be ok with it.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sounds like half the players have claimed to their QTs anyway.

Has anyone actually explained this hypocop thing properly? I feel like I should know why we're completely excluding some players before we decide who the scummiest/second scummiest are.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Magua wrote:That's rather few people left to be the scum: Setael, DGB, Thor, Twilight Sparkle, danakillsu, Benmage is about it.
Except Benmage is town. And I am too.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:56 am

popsofctown wrote: 5. Lynching zden and freeing up the roleblock is bad because.....?????????????????????????????????
EXACTLY.

Zdenek has to die.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:57 am

Thor665 wrote:Yes, oh mighty scumhunters, Thor claimed the scum kill in thread - obviously.
No I'm claiming you did the scum kill.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:02 am

Post by LimMePls »

Magua's 2162 is the most optimal plan I can think of.
popsofctown wrote:I'm rather confused.

1. We're pretty sure we don't have a doc, because Kast died.
2. zdenek got roleblocked
3. A kill was missing last night.
4. Kast's death means that zdenek is confirmed modified bulletproof. He cannot be a vigilante because that's a role. He can be a godfather variant because factional nightkill is not a role.
5. Lynching zden and freeing up the roleblock is bad because.....?????????????????????????????????

This isn't SK hunting. This is saying that a lynch with a 20% chance of hitting scum and 80% chance of hitting a neutral is far better than a lynch with a 35% chance of hitting scum and 60% chance of hitting town.
I have to agree. Missing kill plus RB on Zdenek + obv no doc = Zdenek-scum.

I'm fine with massclaim.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Zdenek »

Based on DGB's post, I'm going to assume that we are considering Thor to be the scummiest, and assuming that we are going with Magua's plan to deal with the competition, I won't be voting him under the assumption that he'll be chosen as one of the champions.
Benmage wrote: Actually Dana is very likely town due to Kasts results.
You're assuming no vanilla scum?

I'm operating under the assumption that the real SK decided to no kill last night, and would like to have another chance to be role-blocked.

Vote Setael
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Most people seem to understand the mechanic but there's been a few "almost there"s that I'd like to avoid. So here is a definitive example based on the books.

Lady Lysa accuses Tyrion of murder (and thus is the first vote on the wagon). The wagon is successful and would otherwise "lynch" Tyrion. However, Tyrion calls for trial by combat. He nominates Bronn to champion him. Lady Lysa nominates Ser Vardis Egen to be her champion.

Ser Vardis Egen and Bronn duel to the death (secret vote). If Bronn loses the duel and dies, Tyrion is found guilty and is executed.
If Ser Vardis Egen loses the duel and dies, Tyrion is found innocent and is released.
Lady Lysa is not on trial and thus is in no risk of death. Although she is at high risk of being a stupid crazy bitch who deserves to die.
Ok, so given this clarification, first on the wagon simply gets to choose who duels scum's champion. Scum is obviously going to pick a townie, or someone who looks town, whereas first on wagon gets to pick Towns. Obviously, we have an awesome opportunity in taking two scumspects, lynching either, and nominating the other as a champion. Because of WIFOM, we can't be certain who scum would pick to champion them, so killing a random town to get to a lynch like that may not be the best course of action currently. Obviously, it seems that we need to have Benmage choose a champion who town (the majority player) can easily vote dead. This gives the other scum a day, but whatever there.

Still catching up past this post.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Andrius »

I don't see the need to massclaim right now. I'm not OPPOSED, but I don't see the need, other than making it apparantly obvious who the bros are and who are the outsiders.
Zdenek wrote: I'm going to assume that we are considering Thor to be the scummiest,
:lol:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”