Newbie 1081: Showdown in Newbtown (Game Over, Mafia win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Fatso »

h3ll0 wrote:
sarahfish89 wrote:
Vote: lynchking
, more posts/thoughts please.
I'm not liking this. You look like you are imitating Bulvious/Fatso simply to look town.

Unvote, Vote sarahfish89
Imitating? Maybe. Is that scummy? Not really. People imitate what they see others doing all the time, it's questionable as to whether or not she was even imitating.
"Don't shuffle that deck, it's stacked!"

-Fatso
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Fatso »

Sorry for the multi-posting people, but I think this is necessary:
Vote: lynchking

You've been inactive for almost three days now, and I just looked back and realized (how the hell did I miss this before??) that you practically proposed the town quick lynch me, something I never like (especially if it's me, but, you know, anyone else too :roll: ).

-Fatso
alnkpa
alnkpa
Townie
alnkpa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:13 am

Post by alnkpa »

While agreeing to your aversion against quick-lynching, where did he say that?
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Fatso »

lynchking wrote:There really isn't much reasoning to my vote for you. I think RVS is as good as any strategy right now with the little amount of information we have to go on. However, my vote wasn't random because I felt you should of held your ground and not waiver when confronted. Again, not much to go on, so hopefully this will yield some info next day.
Notice the part about
next day
. He's assuming I'm going to be lynched (probably).

-Fatso
alnkpa
alnkpa
Townie
alnkpa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:53 am

Post by alnkpa »

True, although I personally think that you over-interpret it a little bit. Maybe he meant that with info we allotted over the course of this day to the next we may be able to have a clearer understanding of what was going on today. (Hopefully my crazy thoughts weren't to confusing for you as I see that the preceding sentence is a little bit confusing)
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Fatso »

Perhaps, yes (and I was able to understand your crazy thoughts). But there's still the bit about him being inactive for nearly three days. I think he's a good vote right now.

-Fatso
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Fatso »

Oh, wow, we haven't had a vote count in a while. I just realized that my vote puts him at L-2.

-Fatso
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:17 am

Post by bv310 »

In today's BV Vote Count notes, I hate when people use different formats for their vote counts. In the interests of keeping it consistent, I'm going to follow AH's format.

Vote Count #2

Banana Stickers - 2 (startransmission, Zdenek)
Fatso - 1 (lynchking, Fatso)
h3ll0 - 1 (Bulvious)
lynchking - 1 (sarahfish8)
sarahfish8 - 1 (h3ll0)
Zdenek - 2 (alnkpa9)

Not Voting: Banana Stickers

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is April 12th.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Fatso »

bv310 wrote:Fatso - 1 (lynchking, Fatso)
Um, I'm
pretty
sure I didn't self vote. Cause, you know, that would be weird...

-Fatso
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Zdenek »

Sarahfish's posts detailing how she feels on each player was fairly pointless and I could see scum feeling the need to make a post like that in order to try to appear helpful. I'm also concerned that she has no scum reads because it's often hard for scum to fake scum reads.
Bulvious wrote: Sarah, obviously it's early in the day and making a choice based on three pages of info is difficult, but - if you had to place a hammering vote right now - where would it be? On a lurker? No lynch?
Everyone else is free to answer this, also.
I'd pick BS, I found her post scummy, plus she's been inactive.

Alnkpa, I think you misunderstood Bulvious' question. No lynch means voting for a no lynch. Of course I might have misunderstood your post.
Hello wrote: Fair enough. While the pressure was probably unnecessary, there is nothing wrong with voting purpose of asking a question.
A small amount of advice: Don't do that. Your vote should indicate where your suspicion lies. Voting someone when you are asking them a question could indicate that you don't care about their answer, and will find them scummy regardless of what they say, which can lead to people being suspicious of you.
Sarah wrote:Lol, bad wording. What I meant to say was: They didn't even post a reason for voting whereas most people did
If you are talking about my vote on BS, I do have a reason. It was in one of my earlier posts.
Fatso wrote: Imitating? Maybe. Is that scummy? Not really. People imitate what they see others doing all the time, it's questionable as to whether or not she was even imitating.
I disagree. Imitating is scummy. Scum have to try to pretend to act like town, and what better way than to mimic townies. Needless to say, Sarah is not looking good in my eyes at the moment.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Fatso »

By the way, does anyone know what the point of setup no.1 would be? The RB can't do a darn thing.

-Fatso
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Zdenek »

Fatso wrote:By the way, does anyone know what the point of setup no.1 would be? The RB can't do a darn thing.
The point is that if the scum have a role blocker, they don't know if there are no town power roles or both a cop and a doc.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Fatso »

The mafia is at a HUGE disadvantage then, aren't they?

-Fatso
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by startransmission »

Fatso wrote:The mafia is at a HUGE disadvantage then, aren't they?
Considering the advantages they already possess, no, not really. Keep them guessing.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by h3ll0 »

sarahfish89 wrote:I was? Oh I see what you mean, I guess I was doing this without realising but you did need to post more.
Question: Apart from me, who do you think is the most scummiest at the moment? Same with townie. (other people can answer too)
LOL, the pot calling the kettle black. I call bs on this. While it is true that I needed to post more content, I don't see how is it even relevant in this discussion, especially since I called you out on voting lynchking. I don't buy the fact that you can vote without realising what you just voted for. You are just trying to change the topic, aren't you?
alnkpa
alnkpa
Townie
alnkpa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by alnkpa »

Zdenek wrote:Alnkpa, I think you misunderstood Bulvious' question. No lynch means voting for a no lynch. Of course I might have misunderstood your post.
I don't think so. The question was the following:
Bulvious wrote:Sarah, obviously it's early in the day and making a choice based on three pages of info is difficult, but - if you had to place a hammering vote right now - where would it be? On a lurker? No lynch?
Everyone else is free to answer this, also.
And I think you mean the part of my answer in which I say that me hammering would render the vote for a no lynch void. I mean that if I hammered the vote for a no lynch wouldn't mean anything as this hypothetical situation would enable me to kill one of those two.
sarahfish89
sarahfish89
Townie
sarahfish89
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 am

Post by sarahfish89 »

Zdenek wrote:Sarahfish's posts detailing how she feels on each player was fairly pointless and I could see scum feeling the need to make a post like that in order to try to appear helpful. I'm also concerned that she has no scum reads because it's often hard for scum to fake scum reads.
I see what you mean about the pointless bit, but I didn't really know how to start posting or anything. It was kinda pointless on page 3 though and I do have minor scum reads on BS and lynchking for inactiveness, but not enough to make a full case.
Zdenek wrote:
Sarah wrote:Lol, bad wording. What I meant to say was: They didn't even post a reason for voting whereas most people did
If you are talking about my vote on BS, I do have a reason. It was in one of my earlier posts.
No, your first vote I meant, should have had a quote with that.
Zdenek wrote:
Fatso wrote: Imitating? Maybe. Is that scummy? Not really. People imitate what they see others doing all the time, it's questionable as to whether or not she was even imitating.
I disagree. Imitating is scummy. Scum have to try to pretend to act like town, and what better way than to mimic townies. Needless to say, Sarah is not looking good in my eyes at the moment.
I can see that, yes imitating is scummy because it's an easy way to make your self look townie. (I have read up about the game) I didn't know I was imitating them though
h3ll0 wrote:
sarahfish89 wrote:I was? Oh I see what you mean, I guess I was doing this without realising but you did need to post more.
Question: Apart from me, who do you think is the most scummiest at the moment? Same with townie. (other people can answer too)
LOL, the pot calling the kettle black. I call bs on this. While it is true that I needed to post more content, I don't see how is it even relevant in this discussion, especially since I called you out on voting lynchking. I don't buy the fact that you can vote without realising what you just voted for. You are just trying to change the topic, aren't you?
The questions was just to see who you thought was scummy and that's what we're meant to be doing, talking and asking questions to find scum. I didn't realise that I had imitated Fatso and Bulvious. I wasn't trying to change the subject away from me, no.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Fatso »

Mod, has lynchking been prodded? It's been like four days...

-Fatso
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Fatso »

sarahfish89 wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
I can see that, yes imitating is scummy because it's an easy way to make your self look townie. (I have read up about the game) I didn't know I was imitating them though
Ok, maybe I spoke too soon here. Imitating can be scummy, but in this case (if it was even imitating, which I doubt) it wasn't really IMO. For instance, in my last game just about everyone was making lists that they would post going from who they considered the towniest person in the game to the scummiest. Imitating is scummy if it has to do with an actual opinion, but imitating techniques for posting and (in this case) getting others to talk isn't.

-Fatso
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Bulvious »

sarahfish89 wrote:

I don't like this question, at all. To me, this is a question scum would ask in order to find out who the night kill needs to be and who to turn people against. That's... Bad.

sarahfish89 wrote:

I see what you mean about the pointless bit, but I didn't really know how to start posting or anything. It was kinda pointless on page 3 though and I do have minor scum reads on BS and lynchking for inactiveness, but not enough to make a full case.
Also horrible. I understand that she's new, but I posted previously in the topic referencing 'scumhunting'. She's not doing it. She's not engaging people, not asking questions (ones that help town anyway). Scum tend to not really have much to do if they aren't busy trying to throw people off via acting like town. High chance of noobscum in this case. Vote pending.

Additionally, Fatso, you say I'm the scummiest - fair enough. But why? You don't include any reasoning and I doubt you could. So I have to question - am I the most scummy to you because you know you're town and so when someone attacks you, the move seems scummy? Or do you ACTUALLY have a reason? Because you've yet to provide any insight, questions, or comments in regards to my play, while you have been commenting on others.
This seems like a pretty strong contradiction between what you say and what you do.
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by Fatso »

Bulvious wrote: Additionally, Fatso, you say I'm the scummiest - fair enough. But why? You don't include any reasoning and I doubt you could. So I have to question - am I the most scummy to you because you know you're town and so when someone attacks you, the move seems scummy? Or do you ACTUALLY have a reason? Because you've yet to provide any insight, questions, or comments in regards to my play, while you have been commenting on others.
This seems like a pretty strong contradiction between what you say and what you do.
Correction: said. I said you were the scummiest. That was when I wasn't really seeing anyone as that scummy. Now I'm looking more at BS and lynchking (I don't really find sarah that scummy at the moment, but I'll do some re-reading. Not really sure on that point).

-Fatso
Bulvious
Bulvious
Goon
Bulvious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Bulvious »

You said it a day ago. Lynch nor BS has said anything that should significantly change your point of view, especially considering they haven't said anything at all. What, then, altered your viewpoint? Was it an epiphany? Or are you following the crowd on this one just as you did when pressured to RVS amongst other things?
h3ll0
h3ll0
Townie
h3ll0
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:50 am

Post by h3ll0 »

Fatso wrote:
Ok, maybe I spoke too soon here
. Imitating can be scummy, but in this case (if it was even imitating, which I doubt) it wasn't really IMO.
Jumpiness noted. What do you mean you spoke too soon?
Imitating is scummy if it has to do with an actual opinion, but imitating techniques for posting and (in this case) getting others to talk isn't.
I beg to differ. In this case, what sarahfish89 did was to "imitate techniques for getting others to talk", all while
not posting
any actual content. This is a clear cut example of what we call active lurking, which is extremely scummy.
sarahfish89 wrote:The questions was just to see who you thought was scummy and that's what we're meant to be doing, talking and asking questions to find scum. I didn't realise that I had imitated Fatso and Bulvious. I wasn't trying to change the subject away from me, no.
Except that your question is a one-way flow of information. It does not tell us more about you stance on anything, all while digging for information, which as Bulvious said, benefits mafia greatly.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Zdenek »

Startransmission is scum for active lurking.
Unvote
Vote: startransmission
Fatso
Fatso
Goon
Fatso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:46 am

Post by Fatso »

Bulvious wrote:You said it a day ago. Lynch nor BS has said anything that should significantly change your point of view, especially considering they haven't said anything at all. What, then, altered your viewpoint? Was it an epiphany? Or are you following the crowd on this one just as you did when pressured to RVS amongst other things?
Ok, first off that was 5 (I think, maybe 4) days ago. Are you in a time warp or something? I realize they haven't said anything, and that's actually my reason for being suspicious of lynchking (actually, we should just replace him. But until we do, I consider his play spot suspicious). The reason I'm suspicious of BS actually has to do with one of your posts (I'm not quoting it because I can't find it at the moment, but when I do, I'll put it up.) Whatever it was in that post got me thinking, and at the moment, I'm suspicious of her because she defended me in her first post, which always comes across as distinctly scummy to me. I realize that wasn't your reasoning in the post you made (I don't even remember what your reasoning was), but it got me thinking like "what if BS was scum..."
So, sort of an epiphany, and sort of following the crowd. I guess.

-Fatso

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”