A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

DAY 4 VOTECOUNT 3

Setael (2) Benmage, Zdenek
Hasdgfas (1) Andrius
Andrius (2) Magua, Thor665

Not voting (11) Shadow1psc, Twilight Sparkle, Setael, DrippingGoofball, Popsofctown, Hasdgfas, Danakillsu,Locke Lamora, Nexus, LynchMePls, Bunnylover

*With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
*Deadline is here
*Point out mistakes you see and you shall be rewarded with love. Such love.
*It's Faraday's scumday. He's a great person. Wish him well. This is not Faraday. Seriously.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

actually i voted raivann because he said feysal was town day 1 and then switched to scum day 2. I'm even more tunnelled than you think I am.

And zdenek could be scum. From my PoV. I say that because so many different people have said "y u wanna lynch pure sk" by now that I'm really starting the think at least one of the objecters is confused by zdenek not being in their role pm.

Your slot is a rather close second, iff you must know. All the ponies posting this game has seemed like it's about disagreeing with people, which is game related, but sometimes you need to see someone no one else sees and make a case and be a townie. I don't need a burden of proficiency fallacy to see something's wrong.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Twilight Sparkle wrote:Thor, why did you tell Andrius he "owed us better" for his catch-up post, but not comment on pops' slow start to the game?
As I recall it was because he tossed up a bunch of random comments and didn't actually work to show how they connected into anything, yet drew conclusions off of it as though he had. His case on me is still a giant wall of wet tissue paper and he seems fine with that and it still concerns me.

I didn't get on pops because pops was already in my town list and also I tend to draw conclusions of what I should expect from various slots. I wanted Andrius to actually explain his conclusions because I believed him to be capable of that. I didn't with pops, and so didn't bother.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Lemme help you with that.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:
The Rest
(3/7 scum?)
Magua
danakillsu
popsofctown

Bunnylover
DGB

Thor
Setael
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Andrius »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Lemme help you with that.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:
The Rest
(3/7 scum?)
Magua
danakillsu
popsofctown

Bunnylover
DGB

Thor
Setael
I endorse this product and/or service.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Eddard Stark wrote:
Andrius (1) Magua

Not voting (12) Shadow1psc, Twilight Sparkle, Setael, DrippingGoofball, Popsofctown, Hasdgfas, Danakillsu,
Thor665
, Locke Lamora, Nexus, LynchMePls, Bunnylover

Point out mistakes you see and you shall be rewarded with love. Such love.

*It's Faraday's scumday. He's a great person. Wish him well. This is not Faraday. Seriously.[/mech]
*cough*

Also, happy day of scummy womb escapage. Now where's my love?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Andrius - I've got a secret for ya buddy, that list of scum you endorse? Has isn't on it...
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Andrius »

I endorse it, but that doesn't mean its complete.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

preview-edit: No, seriously. I am so confused by the hypocop fiasco. I'd thought it was just bluster. If DGB is gambiting out of overconfidence in her read, pissed off will not begin to describe me. And although I've been uneasy with the slot since GreyICE flipped scum in BotW, some of the D1 interactions I'm reading now make pops close to certainly a non-Stark (more on that later). But anyway, I'm going to post this, because regardless of his alignment, pops could use a fire under his ass.

Is there anyone here who's familiar with pops' town and scum meta? Is this par for the course for him?
Your slot is a rather close second, iff you must know. All the ponies posting this game has seemed like it's about disagreeing with people, which is game related, but
sometimes you need to see someone no one else sees and make a case and be a townie
. I don't need a burden of proficiency fallacy to see something's wrong.
Okay, no. You are not going to get away with this.

Never mind that we made a case on Raivann (although lots of people suspected him), mini-cases on MoI and Thor, and called people like Magua on aspects of their play. (This isn't me trying to say, "Look how townie we are for scumhunting!" It's proving that you're talking out of your ass.)

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CALL THIS?

No one had looked sideways at Zdenek until we wrote that novel that spearheaded a wagon on him. How is that not "seeing something no one else sees and making a case"? Whether or not you agree with that case or think it was town-motivated, the simple fact that you missed something so ginormous means that you're either twisting the facts to prove a point, or you actually cheated and never really read the thread all that closely after replacing in.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt for about two minutes. Maybe you're just having trouble expressing yourself. So try it again. Why don't you give specific examples of quotes from Twilight Sparkle that you think were just us disagreeing with people rather than giving our own observations? Why don't you see what no one else sees in our play, be a townie, and make a case on us?

pops, do you have your notes from catching up? The ones you said you were making in your first post of the game?

What are your reads? Why don't you sort players into Town, Neutral, and Scum, at the very least? Also, do you still suspect Nexus? I mean, since you said you'd found scummy stuff from her, although you couldn't remember what? Do you still want to lynch DGB for no other reason than to see if she's telling the truth about her hypocop?

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:Also, Ben, if you can mod confirm yourself...um...do it?
Whenever we're ready to massclaim.
Magua wrote:
Bemnage wrote: ANDRIUS IS UNTOUCHABLE. Magua. Trust me on this my friend.
See how I have you in "the dwindling list of people who could be scum"? So, no, I'm not going to just take your word for it. Out the report you received.
Don't care where you put me. I'll wait till the massclaim.
popsofctown wrote:@benmage. Every single Stark has had a power. Traditionally, one player, one night action. We know zdenek's night action is passive. scumzdenek is totally plausible if his partner has a neat power to try and use at the risk of losing the kill.

In any case, if it's not town, you lynch it. Townzdenek is so far gone. It's just a legend now. The legend of the bulletproof townie that is rewarded for lynching his mates.
Scum could potentially both use their power and also kill. See Simpson's Mafia which just recently ended. REGARDLESS...there is no nifty ability that is better than KILLING.

I'm 99.9repeating % sure Zdenek is the SK....but an SK is miles away from a victory. I want to deliver a fatal blow to the scum today. And that's what we are doing.
Twilight Sparkle wrote:What is the penalty of massclaiming here? Are you seriously suggesting that scum are pining for want of good nk targets right now?

-hito
QFT... I am seriously thinking this is the MOST LOGICAL course. I mean...we want two dead right....those 2 will be claiming anywyas... WE MIGHT ASWELL CLAIM.
Thor665 wrote:Is it really that "common" I've never seen it happen.
It is retardely uncommon. KmD hosted one just to spite the idea that it's an always town roll.... Could these mods support that anti-standard theory...possibly. I reference KmD earlier this game. You can find his game linked in his iso in Gorrad's recently finished large theme game (i dont feel like searching it)
Magua wrote:I guess my main problem here is, if you have Hasdgfas-scum who has already claimed to be a dayvig, why does he shoot Xtoxm instead of Raivann or Zoraster?
Yeah, there were plenty of VI's for him to shoot...but who would ever question a scumdayvig who shoots scum?? LOL does cow have the balls to force his scum team to do that??? I don't think so,
he's no Benmage
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Benmage »

MINA maybe jack of some trades roleblocked or doc'd the kill.

At this point...seeing a dead Kast. I am ready for a full claim. A doc would've/should've doc'd Kast...Even over my awseomeself...(well maybe not)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

Massclaim in the makings... I will start *give me a second*
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Andrius »

NO
I AM AGAINST MASSCLAIM
WHY DO WE NEED TO DO THIS?!?

THERE WILL BE TOO MUCH TOWN POWER TO PROTECT AND WE CANT COVER IT ALL.

I WILL CLAIM FOR CLARIFICATION, BUT THIS IS UNNECESSARY
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Going to ISO flipped scum before writing cases, so as to approach them with no preconceptions of who's most likely guilty.

I'm cheating and doing by far the easiest one first. Odds are I'll give up halfway through diddin. I don't even want to begin processing MoI's walls. ;_; But oddly, I think this one might be more useful than a MoI analysis would be, both because he's a weaker player and because the signal-to-noise ratio is higher:

Xtoxm

This will virtually quote all his content, because it's not like there's much to work with.
Xtoxm wrote: On the whole, liking GreyICE. But if we want to simply remove the power from the game (which i'm thinking is probably the best option), then we just raise the person who is being lynched today, after a concensus has been made. The power cannot be used on oneself.

Hi DGB!
I am going to say something crazy, although Sotty agrees with me as well. (I probably should have waited for pops to respond to my last post before revealing this, but I'm tired and impatient.)

This almost confirms GreyICE/pops as town (or at the very least, non-Stark).

No, seriously.

I have a rule of thumb that scumbuddies are LESS likely to say something positive about a teammate unprompted. Sure, sometimes they vaguely defend a player under heat so as to justify why they aren't moving their vote there, and sometimes they put them in the town category to blend them in. But that's not how these posts feel. This is a guy who has posted four one-liners. But he's decided to devote all his breath to saying, "My only opinion of the game is wow, look how smart my scumbuddy is." This reads like scum buddying up to a townie.

Maybe
I'd buy that he was trying to take GI's side when people were divided on him (although at this point, popular opinion was already swaying in favour of GreyICE), but this trend continues in later posts:
Sad to see GreyICE and DGB go like that, but I can't blame either of them.
I've read more of the thread and my opinions have changed somewhat.

Why are you calling GreyICE scum? That's part of why I voted Xvart.
(Interestingly, that last one was in response to his scumbuddy MoI. He treats MoI very differently from GreyICE.)

Now I know LMP attacked Feysal for doing to Xtoxm essentially the same thing Xtox did to GreyICE (although in this case, Xtoxm openly sheeps Grey multiple times). But Feysal flipped town. My tell has still not been proven wrong.

I will treat the "Hi, DGB" as null either way. DGB, have you ever played with Xtoxm before?

-In his second post is the list that everyone and their mothers made a big deal about (probably because it was the only thing that stood out in that post):
Xtoxm wrote:Townly
GreyICE
Magua
Twighlight
Chesskid
Feysal
Zoraster

Scummy
Mikujin
Benmage
Shadow
Will get back to this list when I do MoI's posts.

This is somewhat self-serving when I'm on that town list, but I was never fond of the idea that there has to be at least one scum in each list. If anything, I'd say there's at most one player in each list who's scum, but more likely 0-1 scum overall. But given that Magua and Miku are the only non-cleared players on either list, anyway... (Based on their posts in the wedding thread, Benmage and Shadow are both town.)

Given that he doesn't vote in this post despite having scumreads, I'm neutral on whether his listing Mikujin as a scum read is distancing or attacking a townie. It's such a short scumlist that I don't know if he'd mention his buddies on it.

Conclusions
:

1) popsofctown is not a Stark.
2) pops and Magua are not Starks together (assuming I'm inexplicably wrong about 1).
3) I'd guess only one of Magua and Setael are scum, but it's really not conclusive.

Now if only the other two could be this short. :(

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Benmage wrote:MINA maybe jack of some trades roleblocked or doc'd the kill.

At this point...seeing a dead Kast. I am ready for a full claim. A doc would've/should've doc'd Kast...Even over my awseomeself...(well maybe not)
Even if we don't know 100% if there's a living doc, scum have to act as though there is one. Otherwise, they risk botching another kill.

And I don't even know if I'd have protected Kast. Not to feed Benmage's ego some more, but he'd possibly be a better target.

Also, why should you start? If there is a massclaim, you should go last, because other people know your role anyway.

(I'm still arguing about this with hito. I still think we will not confirm any more "semi-confirmed" players by knowing "X player with a vig kill" also has a cool flavour and conditions to his role. I'd be okay with the top lynches claiming. But we'll get back to you when we make up our minds.)

~Mina
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Andrius »

Yeah. IF we massclaim (for whatever god-awful reason) benmage certainly won't start.
Scummiest to towniest, IMO.

Don't leave Mina, else the sanity leaves with you! :(
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Benmage »

Our Beloved King Joffrey Baratheon I is dead. Tommen is but a boy. Not yet old enough to rule.

I am the Hand. I speak with the king’s voice. I command the king’s armies, draft the king’s laws. I sit upon the Iron throne and dispense the king’s justice. I and the realm are one.

I am Ser Osfryd KettleBack, brother to Osney Kettleback
(Andrius. He and I are modconfirmed brothers to one another…not masons because we don’t have a qt.."brothers"…plethora of crumbing all game)
knighted at the battle of Blackwater, forever a servant to the realm, the rightful king, and House Lannister.

We have had 91 days of discussion
(pages).
The time for talk is over. Everyone shall claim their allegiance to the realm, the true king, and house Lannister.(massclaim time) The Seven’s will show us who the remaining wolves are by trial by combat. Pray to the Mother for mercy

Benmage
- Ser Osfryd KettleBack brother modconfirmed town
Andrius
- Osney Kettleback brother
Hasdgfas
-Ser Ilyn PR dayvig (Payne Not hung enough to be scum)
Nexu
s- Margaery Tyrell RB
Shadow1psc
- Ollena Redwyne VT/The designer of the wedding tables.
TwilightSparkle- Ser Loras Tyrell VT
popsofctown- Jaime Lannister (told to me by the mods last night …oh Hai Magua)(also apparently alignment confirmed town to DGB via the mods)
Locke Lamora
- The Mountain the Moves Gregor Clegane
Zdenek
- Tywin Lannister BP
LynchMePls- 1 shot vig (need a nameclaim)
Danakillsu- VT (need nameclaim)
Thor665
Setael

Bunnylover
DrippingGoofball
Magua
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Benmage »

There is no order. Go.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Nice job taking initiative (and sparing me the continued argument with Mina). Let's ride the tempo train all the way to victory.

-hito
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Unvote: Andrius
Vote: Dripping Goofball

Are you popcorning this thing, or are we all just stumbling around with silly looks on our faces and claiming as we will?

Claim: Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort - VT
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Twilight Sparkle wrote:Image

Nice job taking initiative (and sparing me the continued argument with Mina). Let's ride the tempo train all the way to victory.

-hito
This is the first time all game I've been tempted to use a pony reaction picture. :cry:

Mind you, I didn't realize you had pops as confirmed as well (although goddamn it, that means my whole Xtoxm analysis was for nothing).

~Mina
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Okay, I think todays lynch should work thusly:
  • Everyone unvotes.
  • Benmage picks todays lynch by being first on their wagon. We'll call this person A.
  • Everyone else votes on scumbags B and C - their next two likely scum.
  • We demand that A chose B as their champion.
  • Benmage picks C as his champion.
  • If A does not choose B, we all vote for C to die and lynch A tomorrow.
  • If A choses B, we all vote for B and get the double-lynch.
That plan check out with everyone?

-hito
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Well since were all claiming, time for the idiot to claim :D!

I am Grandmaster Pycelle: Doctor

The most stupidest idiotic doctor to ever be able to have this role for not fucking protecting Kast who was A FUCKING COP.
Yes, me, everything makes sense now.
My flavor is ‘The spear was poisoned. No man could have saved him'
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

By the way, I will go absent now so you all can yell, scream, and beat the shit out of me for letting Kast die (emo)
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Andrius »

Well met Benmage. Well met, brother.

I hereby confirm that I am Osney Kettleblack. (Its Kettleblack, Benmage. I went to the wiki page and was like "LOL FARADAY WIKI SAYS KETTLEBLACK WHEN YOUR PM SAYS "KETTLEBACK". He was like "LOL DRUNK IRISHMAN TYPO" and so yeah.)
I can confirm one other player as town, Osmund Kettleblack.

So yeah. Should I claim our third brother? Because if I die it may die with me. (Not like the scumbags would try to fakeclaim mason, but.)

Oh yeah. And I banged Cersei apparently, so that's why I've been hitting her up. :P

Flavor in a sec'.

I TOLD YOU BUNNYLOVER WAS TOWN.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”