Road to Wrestlemania: Game over - WWF wins - BANG BANG!

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Sweet Chin Music: Jedi

Unvote

Shining Wizard: SottyRulez

I'm totally parroting KK. I've disliked SR after all the claims yesterday. After Snake/EmpKing's flip, we know that there
should
be multiple killing roles in this game but we keep getting just one death every night phase. (Plus, this started as a what, 27 player game? Lots of deaths is almost a requirement.). Especially since Emp flipped Million Dollar corporation roleblocker. With this, I'm looking for bigger fish to fry. If I was scum and we roleblocked GMan who was ordered to vig or die, I'll gladly attack GMan as soon as I get on the thread. Hey guess who did that?
PS
vez's death flavor seems to point to Triple H. Maybe Evolution?
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I actually think it is relevant who jedi targetted last night and would go a long way toward figuring out what is going on with the NKs. The fact that Furc was supposedly targeted and yet survived means he was either doc'ed (highly unlikely imo) or Gman was roleblocked (much more likely, regardless of his alignment). I don't forsee a town roleblocker targeting Gman since his kill is something that town wanted to go through. To me, that means that if Gman is town, then a potential scum roleblocker did not stop a second kill last night. That leaves us with the most likely options of town doc or town roleblocker/jailkeeper.

jedi should reveal every day if he's town because he's essentially living on borrowed time as a claimed power role and we don't want to have to guess at his information if he happens to die.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:21 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Unvote

Spinebuster: Jediknight

Unvote

---

Hadn't really thought about another scum roleblocker since Emp flipped one, assumed town wouldn't RB GMan and Furc didn't look like a very good doc target. But the potential for one to be there on a mirrored scumteam is there. So.

GMan, if your vig fails for whatever reason, are you out now completely or do you get to try again?

---

DDD: You think Emp pegged IS scum and IS pegged Emp scum? It's possible. But why would IS ask specifically to get killed last night if he was scum? It seems risky.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:51 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I didn't ask specifically to be killed. I thought that gman was going to kill me last night for sure based on how the day went and comments from the peanut gallery. I think VP and a few others asked gman to kill me. I was reflecting those thoughts. Gman must have changed his mind after the flip. The fact remains that I called out Emp as scum and Emp was scum, so I'm awesome.

Another explanation could be that gman lies, attacked me, but I was protected. But I don't know why gman would lie in that scenario.

Are we artificially smacking Jedi around for roleblocking or for him to get the vig kill?

I don't know why DDD is so paranoid about me. How many more scum do I need to deliver to satisfy the bloodlust of this silly white knight?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:05 am

Post by Furcolow »

AV if you look back in my iso you will see that I pushed for Empking multiple pages before his wagon even formed, even urging people to join me on it.

unvote: JK
Rolling German Suplexes: GMan
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:10 am

Post by AurorusVox »

So you think you WERE a good doc target? If you think that's why you survived, why are you claiming that
not knowing you were attacked
means GMan is lying?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Dropkick: Jedi
DDT: GMan

I can understand why Jedi would want to keep his target under wraps,but the downfall of keeping this to himself is if he dies overnight then we'll never know. Seeing as he is already out with his role, claiming the night action just makes sense to me. That way if we do ever get a second scum team flip we have some place to potentially start.

Jedi was it your responsibility to keep track of the votes on you so you knew what ability to use, or did the mod PM you? Also, when you were forced to claim yesterday, why not just ask for the extra vote so you could have vigged?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Furcolow »

your wording is confusing as fuck, and I wasn't even referring to that. I was referring to where you were talking about the Empking wagon forming, which should go back to when I tried to push on him, hence my reaction at the end of the wagon.

It was pretty obvious GMan would target me, and I expected something...different... to happen
it didn't happen, which is why I had to PM Locke. He told me that nothing happened to me, so either I was doc protected, or he is a liar.

I'm leaning towards the latter
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 am

You're right. I forgot that the mechanic in this game is for the victim to know they were attacked. I think it was Kise that claimed that. I'm used to a more classic mechanic were the victim isn't aware of the night action.

In that case, its very possible that gman is telling the truth.
As I said earlier, I also believe Jedi and his claim. I still want to know who he blocked last night too.

My favored lynch for today is still Sotty and I am willing to hammer accordingly.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 am

Post by bristep123 »

Sotty - "As for KK's claims we're linked to emp it's all subjective. Why he passed us his belt we don't know, it's WIFOM and nothing we can defend against. I don't see why emp explicitly stating that he passed us the belt makes us more likely scum with him. If anything I think the opposite is true and that he went out of his way to say it to make a link with us. I'd like more explanation of that reasoning."

Actually I think he said it at the time because KK had assumed that I passed the belts to him and yourself. Emp came in and said that he chose you. Thing is, I know that Emp had very little time to decide who to switch the belt to, less than 24 hours in fact. Either he chose you at random, or the scum in his team told him who to pass it to via QT. The latter is definitely more likely now that we know he was scum, I doubt the scum would want the belt to move outwith their team if they could at all help it.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Furcolow »

I don't see how GMan is telling the truth, unless I had a doc on me.

It's also possible the doctor found my breadcrumb from yesterday, so there is always that.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:50 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Okay, so with you claiming you passed the belt at random Bristep, why wouldn't emp say the same thing? It was a potentially easy out for him and us, his hypobuddy. Instead, he came right out and laid our name right on the block. Why would scum do that to his supposed buddy? I'm not seeing it.

I can understand the argument that scum want to keep the neighbourhood in their group a little more. The potential for obtaining more info from unknowns over night is good, however I believe that it is harder to look town in a QT than it is in thread. Unless a scum is in a comfortable position in game and feels that can transition over to a QT I think it is more of a risk than a boon for scum to be forced to post in a QT. Even more so when you consider our overall position in the game at the time emp passed us the belt.
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:01 am

Post by GMan »

Furc appears to be limiting the possible options of what happened in the night to suit his argument. It's especially intriguing given the speculation of non-doc protect scenarios.

I don't think there's much in the tag-title part of KK's case on Sottyrulez, but their apparent change of mind on Empking is much stronger. Particularly why they chose not to pursue bristep instead when the wagons were fairly even after having said Empking was null. It's seems consistent with bussing.

AV: I assume I don't get a second chance. I "shot", despite not killing.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:08 am

Post by bristep123 »

I didn't pass the belt at random, I didn't pass it at all. I missed the PM so it was moved on at random for me. I had no involvement in the process.

Empking might not have thought anything of saying that he passed the belt to you, after all KK had already revealed the you and he had been given the belts, so it was probably more likely that he saw a way to discredit what KK had said about me moving the belts to the two of you being a town thing (I think that's what he was driving at anyway) and keep the wagon on me driving. After all at that point the wagons were Jedi or myself, he was following behind and wasn't a strong contender.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Furc: the current thinking is that if there are 2x scumteams, GMan could also have been scumRB'd. My problem with your logic is that you're suggesting you'd make a good doc target ("I started the Emp wagon, I crumbed") but also suggesting it's unlikely you were doc'd.

---

Sotty: Emp has already flipped scum, and scum interactions are never random since they know who is town for the most part. I don't see why Emp would pass it to TownYou, especially if he hadn't read up and had little time to deal with it. I can maybe buy the scum concocting a plan in the scumQT, but even then, it makes more sense for scum to keep it out of town hands. Having a mole is better than being blind to it.

Your response reads as being angry you got caught as getting the belt from Emp. If you were town, the first thing I'd expect you to argue would be scumWIFOM, not that it makes no sense for scum to pass it to you, because objectively, it does make sense for scum to pass it to you, and you know it.

Bronco Buster: Sottyrulez
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@SR - I don't get what you're saying about Emp passing the belt. What other choice would he have than to name you? Also, how would you describe your 'position in the game' at the time of emp's passing the belt?
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:26 am

Post by sottyrulez »

AV, you're reaching. I'm not angry and haven't posted as such, maybe a little frustrated that people actually believe this is a valid link, but I'm biased. Plus I have argued it is WIFOM. You seem to be padding your vote there.

Also I never said scum interactions are random, I said if we were buddies with Emp why not claim he let the belt be randomized like Bristep did? He had the perfect excuse as well, he
had
just replaced in. Instead he came out and said out and out that he gave us the strap. He wanted to make a link with us.

VP: We were under some suspicion Triple D drew heat our way about trying to lynch Snake at the end of day one. We weren't very present in the thread early and I don't think we were anyone town reads. If scum wanted to keep the belt in their group I would think they would pass to a better “buddy” than us.

Also, if this belt link is so good why has no one asked who we passed our belt to?
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:41 am

Post by jediknight »

Furc- Yes I know what it means. "Oh my god you suck" cause you didn't respond to me IMMEDIATELY. So there!

Sotty- I keep track but so does Locke. I get a PM that tells me.

There wasn't enough time to get the votes I needed to vig although I came close. My issue since the beginning was how to get votes but not get lynched by you wagon happy fools. ;) and not get killed at night. It's hard to play this poorly...lol

Here are my thoughts on the belts. It would make good town sense to disclose if you have a belt and allow the group to suggest passing options right? If you're keeping it secret then you must be scum. I might be in the minority but its open to discuss. At least with the tag belts anyway.

Also I don't buy the Bristep, missed the deadline crap. Even if he did then it's just poor play and scummy.

I will announce my night move towards the end of the day.
And I'm spent...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

punch: jedi
Leg drop: furcolow

You mean the end of the day today or the end of the game day?
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:54 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Let's recap this...

For people to think we're scum with emp they would have to believe that:

1. Emp passed us the titles because we're his scumbuddy. (An analysis that vastly overvalues the importance of a neighborhood power to a scumteam.)

2. That we in turn chose to bus our roleblocker on d2 with other lynch options that we could have easily put momentum behind.

3. That we chose to bus our roleblocker with number 1 in play.

It's one thing to be critical of the way we've played the game, but if you're suspecting us largely on the above, you really need to rethink things.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 am

Post by jediknight »

End of game day. 10pm EST the night before. Sound familiar? ;)

Seriously...I will disclose it at some point. I just feel that it right now I wanna hold it for a bit.

The last two days has been dominated by the same five-six people. Where are the rest of our fellow rasslers? Time for a lumberjack match?
And I'm spent...
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

@AV, I think it’s certainly possible that Empking pegged IS as scum and IS will OMGUS/vote/lynch anyone who thinks he might be scum. And don’t be obtuse there are plenty of reasons where scum-IS could ask to be night-killed (which he’s now denying doing) knowing that he wouldn’t be killed but it could secure him town cred to make it seem like he was willing to take a bullet for the greater good.

@IS, You know it’s funny when you whine about my alleged paranoia when I’ve been one of the few people willing to gloss over your behavior.

Also we should clearly be getting JK to the vig level since that ability is most readily verifiable and most useful since kills gives flips and thus straight information.

Unvote
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

@DDD we've been doing that already lol. Also, I'm not saying there aren't reasons for IS to ask for someone to target him, but it looks mighty risky for scum. Unless, like you're suggesting, he's bulletproof. Hmm. Actually...that might make sense. I wonder if IS is third party...I've noticed he's always trying to get the Hammer vote. Third party that gets better powahz with each hammer?

Unvote

Hip Toss: Jediknight

Unvote

@Sotty
Hmm. I agree bussing with #1 in play is poor scumplay. I'll revisit you after Bristep, Jedi or GMan flip (i.e. it is better play to bus Emp if any the alternative lynches are very valuable scum members.)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:23 am

The points on Sotty are good, but I like his defense. Im looking at previous vote counts and Sotty had ample of opportunity to vote for Jedi when Jedi was at 10 votes and the gman wagon was losing steam.

Which is funny because Jedi is one of his biggest attackers now. If there is any protection and bussing going on, it would be between Sotty and Jedi.
I think if we are to find any Empking connections, we would have to look somewhere else. Empking made sure he didnt say much and didnt connect himself to people, which was how I figured him out to be scum in the first place. In other words, I doubt we will find any connections through Empking other than analyzing wagons.

Im not so sure about EA anymore as he appears to be making attempts to contribute more now after I called him out. I think im back to square one now, so ill have to start looking around for new scum to fry.
Show

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:46 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I hate the claim because
RBer is more powerful than doc lolwut.jpg?

Kick: Jedi

Unvote
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”