camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by camn »

Toogeloo wrote:So you want to spend the days only looking for the Gang Leaders of Metropolis? I mean, we could Hospitalize all the other Mafia and not know it with your plan.
YOu have a better idea?

Cuz the way I see it, eventually we are going to be in LYLO, and we aren't going to have shit. We are going to get beat by one of the scum factions... probably the first one to see its IC member get killed.

Thats what will happen if we dont get a plan together now.
Mine is just what I came up with.. I am into any suggestions?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Awright FUCK this shit who's ready to strike?

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:26 pm

I don't like either kagelord OR Friend as today's casualty.....Let's fucking get rid of a lurker those damn presumptious silent ones always scum...........
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Friend hurry the fuck up and catch up or some crazy gorilla gonna jump on you and the rest will be history
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Exe is town to me any way I read it.

MagnaofIllusion...another valiant town soldier.

Magua much like myself had a very strong Day 1 showing. I say town.

Kagelord. Much of the case around him stems from him mistakenly assuming the scum necessarily RB'd each other.

Friend. Doesn't make long posts and easy target.

Now everyone else.

I don't know which one to strike first, I just know that I'm gonna strike SOMEONE before I get killed in plain sight by a shadow like Tupac Shakur or Kennedy.

UGHH I Hate going off on my own like I "own the place" but nothing is getting done!

/strike Kublai Khan

I'm sorry buddy I think you are either a serial killer or inner circle scum.

I know at least BS and Nachommama, possibly Kise, will be behind this...everyone else I'm sorry. It must be done. It must be done. Criticize me after the game but god damn it I have to strike Kublai Khan.

OMGUSing bunnylover then tunnelling him for the rest of the day...jumping on Kagelord for "PR fishing"...what kind of unsuccessful rolefishing is that anyway, you know better than that KK...

He is far too concerned with himself. He is too survival-oriented. He must be scum.

It is impossible for him to jump from all his reasons (OMGUSy as they may be) to attack bunnylover, to a cakewalk rolefishing case on Kagelord. I don't buy it one bit. I spent the last two hours reading this game so please, if you're going to strike me, do so with a better reason than "Albert leading the town durr".

Peace
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Strike KK

Yeah ABR, I'm behind you here.

Plum, just quickly but of those six, you're the one that seemed to have a real reason, a real case. The others either didn't give anything or their reasons felt forced.
Hell you seemed to actually get into an arguement about/with DGB
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Post by Kise »

You rang?

I'd say I'm a 'maybe' on giving KK a blow. I'm seeing him as a good bet for DSK instead of Toog, actually. His odd posting style is good enough to keep himself from being a prioritized NK, while at the same time he's hypothetically able to DK anyone he may suspect will go after him during the day.[/babble that means nothing since I'm not a rolecop]

For better understanding, your DGB vote (
"I agree!"
) comes across as an attempt to paint yourself as a bandwagoner. Also, your stance on BL and non-existent Wraith appear to be safe ways to further avoid getting on the bad side of
more obvscummers
that are likely to possess a killing ability.
Kublai Khan wrote:I acknowledge that I was bullying bunnylover, but I strongly deny that I'm "behaving differently". Neither you nor Kise (nor anyone else who has said it) has enough of a meta on me to make that call.
Then to you, what does that say about us using meta against you - as in, are we scum for our attempts, or ignorant in general and thus null indication of alignment? I take notice of recent playstyles. Let's say
on one hand
[REDACTED], I can make a reasonable guess as to why you make certain actions, say certain comments, ask certain questions, etc. On
the other hand
(and my other hand happens to be named Metropolis: Revisited), you strangely have non-identical mannerisms that I feel could be due to a secret objective that does not include eliminating all threats to citizens. From a speculation standpoint, I try my best to determine which alignment and/or role will best explain your need to behave this way.
Kublai Khan wrote:
Plum wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Magua wrote:Hrezs: Claim.
What happens if the claim is accurate, yet they are a Inner Circle member?
Then we've locked the turncoat scum into a claim early at the very least, yeah?
A townie with a Inner Circle WC wouldn't be fakeclaiming though...

I'm just bringing it up because I'm hoping someone cleverer then me has put some thought into it.
Viewing you as anti-town of some sort, I would see your posts as a way to either put distrust in claims, keep non-VT roles on the table to be lynched, feign ignorance, or all of the above, frankly. You never offered your own solution for what should be done with accurate role claims, which is always odd for someone not to do if they present a question to the public.

The Citizen within the inner circle cannot kill from my understanding, so I wouldn't put much thought into removing them during the day - Especially not any power Citizen claims. This goes in line with why I say Hrez should be left to the sharks tonight rather than being gang banged.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

/strike: kagelord

Competing strike wagons ftw.

p.s. I know a lot has been said recently. I will respond to all that stuff later. Busy now.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Magua »

Hrezs' "lol I confused security guard with mixmaster" has that tinge of just-so-scummy-it-has-to-be-true. "Limited use" part of his claim seems legit, the sort of thing that's not easily made up, or if it were made up, I'd expect a real security guard to start pushing, which I'm not seeing.

Camn: Our chance of blocking a nightkiller at this point is 2/21. After three days of following a doubleblock plan, *best case scenario*, we have lost 6 people and cleared 6 other people (again, best case) of being the gang leader. Hooray, we know that the gang leaders are 2 out of 9 people, and we have *nothing else* for the other *6* gang members.

What we do is what you do in any other mafia game: we scumhunt, we look at interactions, and we compare past behavior with what we know from present flips. This game is *not* in any way different from other mafia games. It's no different than a mafia game with a usurper, no different than White Flag mafia. Stop pretending like it's not.

Friend/Kage: I can't even be bothered to try to untangle this, but I'll tell you what I
don't
like:
ThAdmiral wrote:@ everyone: kagelord or friend - pick a side.
False dichotomy right there. But, on the other hand, if ThAdmiral is scum, KageLord and Friend are not buddies of his.

ABR waits almost two hours between "Hai guyz let's strike someone" and actually doing it. I admire his willpower.

That said, I disagree with his strike. ThAdmiral and camn are much better targets.

Since we've got 21 people, we can (once the DSK kills) lynch and roleblock. I think Toogeloo is right about the DSK not going to kill until the lynch is irreversible.

Obviously, Kublai Khan is now going to be either killed or roleblocked. I'm going to make sure that ThAdmiral is the other.

/strike: ThAdmiral

PEdit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ThAdmiral
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Kise »

I'm up for striking ThAdmiral - And this feeling just popped up. ThAd has no town read of KK that I can visibly find, so I don't understand the need to preserve him. Yes, it's worth suspecting Kage for the whole "find teh bulitproofz" as it was possibly inspired by something that went wrong during the night - if he's scum and his kill missed, I mean.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2876529
^your comments about Toog's strike make it clear you're more in line with gathering sufficient voters > impulsive strikers, but correct me if I'm wrong and explain the motivational difference in your strike and Toog's strike yesterday(?).

We need 12 strikes, correct?

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Kise »

Magua wrote:Obviously, Kublai Khan is now going to be either killed or roleblocked. I'm going to make sure that ThAdmiral is the other.

/strike: ThAdmiral

You also intended to rush a strike.. your townread of KK is a good excuse via mindset to explain as much, but this strike-rush is senseless when there's no guarantee a wagon has 12 supporters.

About the other good suspect you mentioned: I have nothing to really piece together against camn. It's merely a guess that she could be influenced by a non-town role. If it ever came down to a near-lylo situation, I'd probably let my gut play and eliminate her. It's nothing more than a nagging feeling for me. Her latest "idea" was shot down, rightfully, but her intent is null as far as I can make out.

Yet…
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Your evidence isn't what I was looking for. Why am I testing waters as opposed to voting someone I think is scum?
I'll answer this later. Possibly tomorrow, depending.
On whether you can make up an answer? Or do have a genuine reason.
Genuine reason. I wanted to see if the two people voting me would deny the charge. Nachomamma8 denied it, but Baby Spice didn't acknowledge it at all despite it becoming a topic of conversation. ... And now she's voted me, all the while not acknowledging anything.
KageLord wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:

Kast wrote:-He (KageLord)'s clearly not doing that. What happened to your other thoughts/suspects?
He clearly is. Saying "Durr, why only 1 kill?" and speculating on why, but not including the existence of doctors and jailkeepers is a scummy scummy way to goading those power roles to speak up about their roles. If you think that KageLord isn't powerrole-trolling, then you are saying that you think KageLord is so stupid that he forgot about the existence of pro-town power roles.
Er... read my post after the whole speculation thing (I think it was soon after MoI's response to it). I admitted that I was being incredibly stupid. And what kind of idiot PRs would say "Nah, you're wrong. I'm a doc/jk and I saved ____."? That would have to be one of the stupidest scum plans ever. >.>
Appeal to absurdity? I could maaaaaybe buy you forgetting about the existence of one or the other. But to forget both?

And I'm not suggesting that a PR would bluntly forget everything they know about mafia to out themselves, but generally it's likely that the first person to correct you on your shitty game analysis is probably that power role that they are reminding you about.

ThAdmiral and Albert B. Rampage may be scum-buddies. (Post 664 reads like a signalling post to start competing strikewagons)

camn's hypo-claiming plan is probably a good one. Although, it would have to be a hypo-claim of every potential pro-town action.
Kise wrote:Then to you, what does that say about us using meta against you - as in, are we scum for our attempts, or ignorant in general and thus null indication of alignment? I take notice of recent playstyles. Let's say on one hand [REDACTED], I can make a reasonable guess as to why you make certain actions, say certain comments, ask certain questions, etc. On the other hand (and my other hand happens to be named Metropolis: Revisited), you strangely have non-identical mannerisms that I feel could be due to a secret objective that does not include eliminating all threats to citizens. From a speculation standpoint, I try my best to determine which alignment and/or role will best explain your need to behave this way.
Fucking hell, Kise. Really? A "you're playing differently in another on-going game in which I believe you're town" argument?

How the hell can I even begin to respond to that?
Albert B. Rampage wrote:UGHH I Hate going off on my own like I "own the place" but nothing is getting done!

/strike Kublai Khan

I'm sorry buddy I think you are either a serial killer or inner circle scum.

I know at least BS and Nachommama, possibly Kise, will be behind this...everyone else I'm sorry. It must be done. It must be done. Criticize me after the game but god damn it I have to strike Kublai Khan.

OMGUSing bunnylover then tunnelling him for the rest of the day...jumping on Kagelord for "PR fishing"...what kind of unsuccessful rolefishing is that anyway, you know better than that KK...

He is far too concerned with himself. He is too survival-oriented. He must be scum.

It is impossible for him to jump from all his reasons (OMGUSy as they may be) to attack bunnylover, to a cakewalk rolefishing case on Kagelord. I don't buy it one bit. I spent the last two hours reading this game so please, if you're going to strike me, do so with a better reason than "Albert leading the town durr".
Really? That's the best case you can come up with for striking me? Less than 2 hours after saying you want to get rid of a lurker? And
apologizing
while doing it?

Plus you're just stealing bits and pieces of other people's cases to do it? At least your DrippingGoofball case was original.

Oh, hey. Look who jumped on the bandwagon without a moment's thought. It's scum-Baby Spice!

Good lord. What a shitty play, ABR.

I'm
/striking: KageLord
obviously.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Post by Kise »

It is what it is, Khan. Nice catch regarding ThAd's possible signaling for counterwagons, IF we find out these two were indeed orchestrating to have counterwagons.

Kage should probably claim... I'd rather put my strike on him than KK due to more solid reasoning.

Yet…
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I am not sure where the KK hate is coming from...also dont like that there are so many people under the fucking radar right now...

in other news: I put my stamp on the Kagelord wagon..

/strike Kagelord
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:10 am

Don't buy into it, there are people with vested interests who are striking Kagelord to save inner circle scum KK. Striking ThAd, really? Keep that one for tomorrow I promise I will strike ThAd with you. We have to finish KK off today.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 am

I am glad ABR got internet connection at his meth lab.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:18 am

Post by camn »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Don't buy into it, there are people with vested interests who are striking Kagelord to save inner circle scum KK. Striking ThAd, really? Keep that one for tomorrow I promise I will strike ThAd with you. We have to finish KK off today.
YOu are against my plan then?
Your plan is to.... randomly kill as many people as possible, and let god sort them out?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:19 am

ie, so far I agree with 0% of your(EDIT ABR's) leanings in this game..

MOI, Exe, Kagelord not scummy??? we are reding the same game right?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:19 am

Magua wrote:Camn: Our chance of blocking a nightkiller at this point is 2/21. After three days of following a doubleblock plan, *best case scenario*, we have lost 6 people and cleared 6 other people (again, best case) of being the gang leader. Hooray, we know that the gang leaders are 2 out of 9 people, and we have *nothing else* for the other *6* gang members.

What we do is what you do in any other mafia game: we scumhunt, we look at interactions, and we compare past behavior with what we know from present flips. This game is *not* in any way different from other mafia games. It's no different than a mafia game with a usurper, no different than White Flag mafia. Stop pretending like it's not.
This ^
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 am

Post by camn »

(camn admits she hasnt played those kinds of games)

ok, then.
It doesn't work without everyones agreement.

/strike Kublai Khan
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 am

22 players alive means 14 needed to reach 60%, let's not go crazy with 3 competing wagons.

KK (3) Rampage, Baby Spice, camn
Kagelord (3) KK, ThAd, CKD
ThAd (1) Magua

15 players left. There can be exactly 4 more players off the main wagon for us to have a lynch, that means the next few strikes will determine who dies.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 am

If you're going to strike ThAd today, just realize that if 2 people don't agree with you, he's going to the hospital tonight. In reality, the only possible wagons now are KK and KL.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 am

EBWOP

3 actually
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:13 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Kast wrote:
ThAd wrote:I don't believe it is a misrepresentation, let alone an extreme one. Look back on who people have said they are happy to lynch/scummy. You will find more people willing to lynch friend or kagelord than not.
You are evading the point. Some people have expressed suspicion of Kage and of Friend. There's LOTS of other candidates who are just as if not more suspected. You arbitrarily picked your own suspects and completely arbitrarily tried to force/persuade everyone to vote or strike one of your two suspects.
So I did. Why shouldn't I?
If people really didn't want to pick sides they should have said they didn't want to pick sides, but as you can see most people have been happy choosing one or the other.
Kast wrote:Instead of using your BS, arbitrary scheme for forcing a lynch between Kage or Friend; post a case for either or both of them and convince people to vote your suspect. As it is, you're pressing people to give you cases and ignore all other players; this gives your preferred lynch candidates more pressure and more focus while letting you appear to be active but keeping you "safe". It's scummy as hell.
I can see how it would come across this way.
All I can say is that I am certainly happy to have my lynch targets receiving more pressure and focus.

As for the cases:
Kagelord - had several posts consisting of almost 100% night-action speculation. It was fluff and arguably pr hunting. Also participation in dgb lynch was highly suspect. Especially considering the wagon was driven by his apparent biggest suspect: abr.
Friend - Constantly going after people I deem soft targets: wraith, hrez etc. Hasn't contributed much and generally posts one liners. Also jumped on the dgb wagon in a suspect way that seemed to deny any personal responsibility for the lynch outcome.
Kast wrote:
ThAd wrote:Well I am certainly for the dsk killing someone if they would be so willing to oblige, but we can't rely on them to do what is best for the town.

How long are you prepared to wait for the daykill?
More misrepresentation. Your objection has 2 major holes in it.
-DSK has absolutely no incentive to not kill. He/she will definitely and obviously kill someone today. Acting as if DSK won't kill is as bad as thinking scum are just going to claim in thread.
They probably will kill. But if they have such incentive they will kill regardless of whether we have started to wagon someone or not. The daysk killed someone yesterday when the dgb wagon was well under way. EDIT: in fact this was when dgb was at -1. That would indicate that
the best way to ensure the daysk kills someone is to start a wagon
Kast wrote:-Nothing I posted has anything to do with waiting for the DSK before picking targets. We decide who is getting lynched and who is getting roleblocked. We can use our votes for it and take the runner up as the RB target. DSK's best interests would be to kill after seeing who is likely to be lynched, especially if DSK is a potential lynch candidate and his/her kill can be used to affect that.
Fair enough, but that is exactly my point. We start a wagon, the daysk finds out who the likely lynch is going to be and then shoots someone based on that.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:17 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Dear god another Day where ABR starts the strike-fest out of the blue and people begin jumping on left and right with little reason. Only today ThAd opportunistically jumps with a counter-wagon strike.

I’m holding my strike for the moment as I want to make sure we make the right decision. I’d much prefer ThAd or Toog be beaten to the death today over either of those with 3 strikes.

UNVOTE: Hrezs
VOTE: ThAd

Since we have already breached a number of strikes I’d much prefer for people to continue to use votes to cast their suspicions. We still have the chance to make sure we have a kill everyone just doesn’t ‘settle’ for.

--
Toog wrote:I meant to get around to this... I just got sidetracked. Now I've kind of lost motivation to do it. Maybe later.
You lost your motivation to scum-hunt? I understand … it’s difficult to pretend to scum-hunt even in a multi-faction game.

Toog is Scum … no need for further discussion.

--
Camn wrote:I propose an open-target-claiming system, combined with dual town roleblocks for retrospective analysis.
I think there has been plenty of reasons professed as to why this isn’t a fantastic idea so I’ll just add my two cents.

Going with this plan sacrifices Town’s ability to kill. We have no Vigs. You can’t rely on scum to kill of each other necessarily via cross-kills. It certainly can happen but counting on it this early in the game is too big on the Risk / Reward scale for my tastes.

That said later in the game after a possible mass-claim this could be a very workable way to PoE the Mafia scum into oblivion.

--
Plum wrote:Lady Lambda is scummish but for the fact that her friend case is carrying over from yesterday, which traditionally would be a good sign . . . wheedling with ABR over the friend and ThAd cases is pushing it, though.
What about her strong suspicion of Hrezs that magically vanished overnight? What do you think about that?

--
ThAd wrote:/strike: kagelord

Competing strike wagons ftw.
Self fucking preservation FTL.

Hey look I’m ThAd!! People are suspecting my play. What should I do? I know … immediately form a Counterwagon that assures there is zero chance a succesfull Kill / Block action by Town hits anyone but KK or Kagelord.

--
Magua wrote:/strike: ThAdmiral
Why on God’s Green Earth would you leave that strike in the post when there is even the slightest chance that Reaper will ignore the strike-through and count it as a valid strike?

If he does it assures we have NO shot at the possible Kill / Block combo
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”