Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

I'm getting more of a generic newb feeling regarding Meransiel (generic newb meaning not newb-town or newb-scum).
Witness the man who raves at the wall
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:27 am

Post by singersigner »

Way to ineffectively fence-sit. :roll:
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Meransiel »

Oh deary me, how really good I am at dying...seems to happen every time, no matter my alignment...meh, my fault completely, though.

Ts, how's that about "wanting to lynch me from the very start"? Most arguments against me have been based on things I said after you voted me.

People that want to rush it, may I pretty please ask why? We're nowhere near deadline, it's not like there's anything to lose.

@singer: what made you suspicious of nacho, exactly? Seemed you did give quite some reasons, but a summarizing and highlight of the most important stuff would be nice. I mean, him being the 2nd top wagon after all, it would be sad to have 2 towns lynched day 1...
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote Count

Meransiel - (5) bvoigt, Klazam, Twistedspoon, silverbullet999, pod person
Nachomamma - (3) Apokalyptika, HackerHuck, Nobody Special
Apockalyptika- (3) Hiraki, Number58, Furcolow
Number58 - ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon - singersigner
Hiraki - Pim
singersigner - nachomomma8

Not Voting - Meransiel

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.
The current deadline is Monday, April 4th, 8PM EST.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
pod person
pod person
Goon
pod person
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:02 am

Post by pod person »

mod: the voting order for votes on meran is out of order. i voted before silver. and yes, it does matter.

I agree. -- Steph
Last edited by Stephoscope on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on hiatus.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

singersigner wrote:I’M SORRY I FORGOT TO POST V/LA IN THIS ONE GAME. BAH.
I can back this up
in our other open game, singer posted V/LA. I guess she just forgot to do it in this one
it's genuine v/la as far as I can tell

anyways
singersigner wrote:NACHO EXPLAINS. Yay. : )
…Nacho’s town.
singersigner wrote:EBWOP: VOTE: Nachomamma8
Assuming you were serious when you said 'Nacho's town' this makes no sense to me

care to explain
singersigner wrote:You also note it’s a scumslip AFTER he gives an explaination, but don’t vote? How come?
My vote was already on meransiel at that moment in time
I had voted him a while before then
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 am

Post by singersigner »

Ah yes. Simply put, the explanation for why he was doing what he was doing made sense, giving me a town read, then as he started posting, he fell victim to inconsistencies and scummier behavior.

Re: vote...it seemed as though you felt you had legitimately found a scumslip indicative of scum, but chose not to switch your vote. Why was Meransial a better vote at the time?

I like tomatoes.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Meransiel »

That seems...fair enough. Ok, I believe you.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 am

Post by bvoigt »

Apokalyptika wrote:I've never played with Nacho before, but has he ever pulled a gambit like this as town?
Well, has he ever pulled a gambit like this as scum?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Apok. Why are you fucking ignoring me, and being scummy?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I would prefer a Nacho lynch over a meran lynch. I don't see how meran is being all that scummy (and I think he's kinda new) but Nacho is being very actively anti-town, and should die.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Nobody Special wrote:I would prefer a Nacho lynch over a meran lynch. I don't see how meran is being all that scummy (and I think he's kinda new) but Nacho is being very actively anti-town, and should die.
What happened to your case on #58?

@pod person: I meant I like that particular JEEP tell. People still FoS their partners while voting other people D1 all the time. It's referred to as distancing, nowadays. It doesn't just have to be constrained to the RVS, but it is easiest to detect there.

At any time I would hammer ConfidAnon simply for that.

"why are popular lynches bad"
they're not, but you're sort of snatching that out of context. In fact, I am only suspicious of bvoigt for that, not klazam. I detailed how Klazam's furthering of those reads was much better than bvoigt simply listing them as scum.

@Silver: not understanding how I'm #1, go read a game I played as scum, then get back to me. Ok?

@singer: you responded to it by quoting yourself, which made me feel a lot better. I've seen you make excuses way more as scum than town, in the newbie game where I had a flawless town win as a doctor, and I've seen you lurking as gummybear where my play in my hydra helped lead to another solid town win. I've seen you as scum, and you lurk as scum. You have been lurking here, and only make a dedicated post when called out to do so, much like what I just saw from you in Metropolis. How can you not understand that? It is pretty simple, and you know it.

There is no irony in me reading him a dumb townie. Nice backhanded insult. I am not dumb, though I am a townie. I had a near MENSA level IQ the last time I was tested, so I am nearly a genius. Get off of that,
now

Your post is ridiculous, and shows that YOU are the dumb one.
You say Nacho caught up, posted now, is town. Did you not? I will quote it if need be.
You then go on to vote Nacho
This is pretty bad standing alone, but it is WAY worse considering you called Meransiel town, then went on to say "Meransiel is the only obvious lynch for today", THEN vote Nacho.
singersigner wrote: NACHO EXPLAINS. Yay. : )
…Nacho’s town.
-cut-
Meransiel is definitely town
-cut-
Merasiel’s the only viable lynch for today
-cut-
I would rather lynch Nacho, though. He’s not acting in a pro-town manner anymore.
Look at these blatant contradictions.
Are you really that much of an idiot? I'll give a disclaimer that you said "though you're against it, Meransiel is the only viable lynch", but when you fucking say someone is the only viable lynch or something is the only viable option, that's what you fucking do.
singersigner wrote:
Ah yes. Simply put, the explanation for why he was doing what he was doing made sense, giving me a town read, then as he started posting, he fell victim to inconsistencies and scummier behavior.

Re: vote...it seemed as though you felt you had legitimately found a scumslip indicative of scum, but chose not to switch your vote. Why was Meransial a better vote at the time?
This contradicts you saying he was town when he was posting in your previous post which I highlighted.

If it's between Meransiel and Nacho, I am definitely wanting to keep the better player alive. I am open to a wagon on Singersigner/confidanon/nobody special/bvoigt. Confid for the RVS bit with the JEEP tell, the others for their interactions with Meransiel. I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER LYNCH AS VIABLE, BUT I'M GOING TO ACTUALLY VOTE THE VIABLE LYNCH, UNLIKE FLIPPY FLOPPY SINGER.
unvote;
vote: Meransiel
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote Count

Meransiel - (6) bvoigt, Klazam, Twistedspoon, pod person, silverbullet999, Furcolow
Nachomamma - (3) Apokalyptika, HackerHuck, Nobody Special
Apockalyptika- (2) Hiraki, Number58
Number58 - ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon - singersigner
Hiraki - Pim

Not Voting - Meransiel

I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Furcolow wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:I would prefer a Nacho lynch over a meran lynch. I don't see how meran is being all that scummy (and I think he's kinda new) but Nacho is being very actively anti-town, and should die.
What happened to your case on #58?
Nothing. He's just not a viable wagon right now. I'll see what happens later. He's still scummy, though.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by singersigner »

*twitch* Furc is open to wagon->lynch five different players today? What's the purpose in that?

Re: My post...I had spent one day catching up from V/LA. What about that needs to be "called out"?
Re: My meta...you should read up the rest of my meta, and be a little more accurate when you call upon your own.
Re: Nacho...as made obvious by my notes in my catch-up post (and again in the post you yourself quoted), it should be clear that I felt Nacho was town when he finally explained his "restriction" gambit
Re: Meransiell...when one player develops so much discussion and generates controversy in wagons, then gets to L-1/L-2, I believe that keeping them around later in the game will create more WIFOM than town can handle.

We DO have two lynches for today seeing as it's a double day open game, so you should probably think about that before you accuse me of calling out for the lynch of two people at two different times for two different reasons.
Furcolow wrote:You say Nacho caught up, posted now, is town. Did you not? I will quote it if need be.
You then go on to vote Nacho
This is pretty bad standing alone, but it is WAY worse considering you called Meransiel town, then went on to say "Meransiel is the only obvious lynch for today", THEN vote Nacho.
-I said Nacho explained his gambit, was town, caught up, was scum. I will quote it if need be.
-I also never said that I felt Meransiel was scum, in fact still quite the opposite. But this early in the game, we can only find out information from her flip. Since you're all about meta, you can also find that I will advocate for mislynches on D1 not being the worst thing that could happen to town.
-THEN I said I'd rather lynch Nacho now, because I DO feel as though he's scum.
-Your need to go into story-time discrediting me AND trying to make yourself feel better is satisfying and indicative of fluff in place of scumhunting.
-Your blatant misrep in cutting the parts of the posts that explain where my reads were coming from, and why, is duly noted.

You'd better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

@mod: I did place my vote on Nacho at the bottom of page 16

I like tomatoes.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

^
THE CALLOUT
^
... People were right it seems....
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by singersigner »

Huh?

I like tomatoes.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I don't need to blatantly misrepresent you, I gave a disclaimer about Meransiel.
I am voting you for flip flopping on reads on the second cycle, and you can call it fluffery all you want, but you are just butthurt that you flip flopped so badly and got called out on it.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by singersigner »

But I...didn't...get called out on it?

I very explicitly explained my reads and who I'd be ok with lynching. I can't help it if you didn't read my post in order. Though I will apologize for not explaining why I felt Meransiel needs/should be lynched today. That did come across as ambiguous.

I like tomatoes.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote Count

Meransiel - (6) bvoigt, Klazam, Twistedspoon, pod person, silverbullet999, Furcolow
Nachomamma - (4) Apokalyptika, HackerHuck, Nobody Special, singersigner
Apockalyptika- (2) Hiraki, Number58
Number58 - ConfidAnon
Hiraki - Pim

Not Voting - Meransiel

Will try for replacements again.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Apokalyptika »

bvoigt wrote:
Apokalyptika wrote:I've never played with Nacho before, but has he ever pulled a gambit like this as town?
Well, has he ever pulled a gambit like this as scum?
You're the one saying he didn't do this as scum. If he does this as town, it would be a town-tell. If he doesn't do this as town, then it means nothing more than that he's decided to try something different in this game, and you clearing him on that basis is scummy.
Hiraki wrote:Apok. Why are you fucking ignoring me, and being scummy?
Again, "You're scummy because you disagree with me" is not a logical argument. You think Nacho's town, I think he's scum. If you look at the votecounts, you'll see people who agree with me. Do you think they're all scum?
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

singersigner wrote: Re: vote...it seemed as though you felt you had legitimately found a scumslip indicative of scum, but chose not to switch your vote. Why was Meransial a better vote at the time?
I'm sorry but I don't understand

My vote was on mer
I felt That mer had made a scumsli
Since my vote was already on mer, I didn't have to switch my vote.

Is that your question?

~Screwtape
pod person
pod person
Goon
pod person
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:33 am

Post by pod person »

noteable notes from 16/17:
would you mind building a case yourself instead of asking others for some meta?
silverbullet999 wrote:-Fur
I'd like to see Confid/silver/singer/pim/nacho give reasoning for not being on the top wagons
At the risk of being hated, you are still my number 1.

I don't see the fur lynch happening, and he's won some slight town points.
thus i'll move it to one of the bigger wagons... and my pick is...
what won him these slight town points? you don't specify in your post, and the top of your post has him listed as your #1 suspicion and best vote. both of which seem to change over the course of the post.
Number58 wrote:@PP - You do realize that was supposed to say "anyone
else
" right? Especially as it was immediately preceeded by me saying that I would be happy with a lynch of Mer or DBC. And it was in a post that contained a case on CA which I had been pushing for a long time.
i don't care. it doesn't say "anyone else", it says "anyone". and scum lie, so nobody's word can be taken as the truth. it's called reasonable doubt.
Apokalyptika wrote:I'm getting more of a generic newb feeling regarding Meransiel (generic newb meaning not newb-town or newb-scum).
singersigner wrote:Way to ineffectively fence-sit. :roll:
yes. this.
Meransiel wrote:Oh deary me, how really good I am at dying...seems to happen every time, no matter my alignment...meh, my fault completely, though.
nitpick time - "my alignment" doesn't imply either town or scum.
pod person wrote:
mod: the voting order for votes on meran is out of order. i voted before silver. and yes, it does matter.

I agree. -- Steph
then you are a good mod.
Furcolow wrote:@pod person: I meant I like that particular JEEP tell. People still FoS their partners while voting other people D1 all the time. It's referred to as distancing, nowadays. It doesn't just have to be constrained to the RVS, but it is easiest to detect there.
so it's the "fos: scumbuddy, vote: town" tell then? i do agree that it's quite common, but it required having at least one scumflip to be valid.
Furcolow wrote:
singersigner wrote: NACHO EXPLAINS. Yay. : )
…Nacho’s town.
-cut-
Meransiel is definitely town
-cut-
Merasiel’s the only viable lynch for today
-cut-
I would rather lynch Nacho, though. He’s not acting in a pro-town manner anymore.
Look at these blatant contradictions.
look at all these quotes taken out of context.

updated reads:

number58 - scum
confidanon - town
twistedspoon - null
hiraki - town
apokalyptika - scum
nobody special - town
hackerhuck - null leaning town
silverbullet999 - town
bvoigt - scum, mutually exclusive from meran
nachomamma8 - null leaning scum
furcolow - null leaning town
singersigner - town
pim - scum
klazam - null leaning town
meransiel - scum, mutually exclusive from bvoigt

great. 4 scum reads in a 3-scum game.
on hiatus.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

pod person wrote: great. 4 scum reads in a 3-scum game.
well since you have a mutually exclusive pair, your reads still make sense, as you're expecting one of mer and bvoigt to flip town

~Screwtape
Number58
Number58
Townie
Number58
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Number58 »

pod person wrote:
Number58 wrote:@PP - You do realize that was supposed to say "anyone
else
" right? Especially as it was immediately preceeded by me saying that I would be happy with a lynch of Mer or DBC. And it was in a post that contained a case on CA which I had been pushing for a long time.
i don't care. it doesn't say "anyone else", it says "anyone". and scum lie, so nobody's word can be taken as the truth. it's called reasonable doubt.
Are you just dense or scum? Or maybe both. It would be the equivilant of defending someone that ends with "I think PLAYER is scum" accidently leaving out the "dont". There are slips, and there are miswordings.

Actually given that you are throwing away your vote in a scenario where you have two scum reads up for lynch means you probably are scum in this scenario, not sure if you are trying to avoid lynching a partner or just keeping options open though. You replaced DBC, which backs that up. I would love to see you die here after your buddy Apoc does. You wouldnt give us all of your buddies as reads, so that means its you-Apoc and one of your town reads. I am going to say one of Hikari or NS since I dont think you work with CA as much I would have liked you to be with him.

My vote is done moving for the day. We need to lynch Apoc, nacho is so obviously town it hurts here.

Return to “Completed Open Games”