Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Plum »

No, no - I'm actually interested in seeing this.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Friend wrote:Hrezs is scummy.

UNVOTE: Wraith
VOTE: Hrezs

Ok, here's a problem. I know I'm in no position to tell anyone about posting content, but this vote is entirely baseless and opportunistic.
He NEVER gives a reason for voting Hrezs

Furthermore, he jumps around from wagon to wagon, looking for solid ground to stand on. Wraith, Hrezs, Exe, ThAdmiral, KageLord, BL, DGB.

It's like he's reaction testing to see which wagons are the safest for him to be on.
Friend wrote:
Exe wrote: Hrezs is posting nothing more than the most basic levels of analysis. Classic scum-strat there. I pretty much agree with what has been said.
Vote: Hrezs
Not to defend Hrezs, but I find this quote hilariously hypocritical.

You are in no position to be saying this, considering you are doing the same thing. (As was I, before this post.)
Friend wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
Exe wrote:@LOL at ThAd.
Are you going to claim that you and Agar are exactly alike? Because unless you can prove that, there is no inconsistency.
You had me as scum because I was defending wraith's position on not wanting to break the game, right? If anything AGar was defending wraith's position
more strongly
than I was.

@ everyone:
Check out friend, he's done a bunch of weird stuff so far including:
- voting wraith for playstyle choice (obv he wasn't the only one guilty of this)
- defending toogeloo because the action was "anti-town but not scummy" (not actual quote, paraphrased)
- claiming gummy had been lurking after 2 days
- thinks bunnylover is "scum most likely" (actual quote) but keeps his vote on hrezs. Reason he voted hrezs in the first place? Hasn't supplied one.
- In fact points out that others (such as exe) have been contributing just as little as hrezs. Still keeps vote on hrezs.

vote: friend
ABR basically said what I had to say in response to this. This is a pretty baseless case. I also didn't call out Gummy for lurking - it was more towards ObliviousDruidMuncher and Baby Spice. I still think it was a valid concern.

Am I not allowed to scumhunt if my vote on is on another player? That's also not the problem I have with Exe, by the way. It seems like you're just skimming the thread.

You never actually refute any of the points made here. All you do is say "I'm not allowed to scum hunt?"

Well, you ARE allowed to think people are scum. However, what YOU are doing is not scum hunting. It's reaction testing for a safe lynch.
Friend wrote:I think it's a dumb idea. But DGB wants it...so...

/strike: DrippingGoofball

If you think it is such a bad idea, why didn't you fight to avoid it, or voice your opinion earlier? This reads to me as scum posting this, so they can go back and use it as town points when DGB flips.

It's just a bad vote all around.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:03 pm

For a clear 3 line case:

1) Very limited explanation for votes
2) Reaction testing to find a "safe lynch".
3) the DGB strike was scummy as hell, as aforementioned.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:06 pm

EBWOP: Forgot to mention that his DGB strike is further evidence that he was looking for the safest, easiest lynch around.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Uh. Cool.

Everyone is posting while I make my case, and the second I post it, everyone leaves...

>.>

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by camn »

I already struck. BEsides.. she is clearly a vig target.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

LLD wrote:Ok, here's a problem. I know I'm in no position to tell anyone about posting content, but this vote is entirely baseless and opportunistic. He NEVER gives a reason for voting Hrezs.
Kind of like you never gave a reason for voting for Friend until just now?

Derp.
Friend wrote:You are in no position to be saying this, considering you are doing the same thing. (As was I, before this post.)
Ah, the classical scum defense: "If you're doing it why can't I?!?! Wahh wahh!"

Yeah - not buying it, but I'm not going to spend my strike unless others are on board as well. CAMN: ATTACK?

PEdit: Apparently, you can't. See this is why we don't burn strikes early. x____x.

Vote: LLD
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Um. That's not what I was saying AGM. I was saying, I know I have been doing many of the same things he has been doing, and I admit they are scummy.

It's just that I'm not scum.

And he is.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 pm

So no, I dot blame anyone for putting suspicion on me. I have really had a hard time finding interest in this game. I just look at it, and the mechanics make for a lot of work and effort when trying to play. I am now trying to commit more to the game. I don't want to be a waste of a slot. That's not my style.

So yes, I've bee horrible thus far.

Yes, I deserve these votes.

But even still, it doesn't mean all the points I just made about Friend aren't true.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Um. That's not what I was saying AGM. I was saying, I know I have been doing many of the same things he has been doing, and I admit they are scummy.

It's just that I'm not scum.

And he is.
You have to admit that this sounds incredibly scummy.

You HAVE to.

You're basically arguing that you are scum except with an unwarranted addendum at the end that "you're not." And why not? Nobody knows!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:37 pm

I know because I have the confirmation bias.

That's all I can afford you.

I can't say, "Oh, I have acted town", because honestly, I haven't. I haven't been putting effort into this game. I haven't been trying and I haven't been scumhunting as I should.

That is the best I can offer you because all your accusations are correct. My only defense is that I did them out of apathy, and not scum intent. This can't be proven, so it's the same problem.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 pm

And I know that last post is horrible too.

I don't have anything better though.

I've dug myself a deep hole in this game, and I can't explain any of my actions.

Because they don't have a reason behind them. Or the reason behind them was lazyness.

So all my defenses are going to suck AGM, simply because I can't climb out of this hole.

If you're willing to let me live for the moment, maybe I can prove my town worth to you by actually playing this game.

If you want me dead, I can't blame you, but I certainly won't go down without a fight. We can't afford town mislynches this game.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by camn »

Hmm.
Well, DayKiller.. I think Lady L might actually be town. WHich makes her a not-so-great shot for you as far as eliminating threats goes, hmm?

How about FRIEND? He is lurking scum, I think. Trying to lay low. Stay out of the way. Avoid attention.

Kill him.
Please.
Kill him now.
For me.
For the Children.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Friend »

Hey guys. I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you guys to look at my past games. Yeah, succession mafia. Yeah, Vi's Mafia on Holy Orders. Yeah, a couple ongoing ones where I've been lynched. All as town.

And you'll see that the way I put forth my scum targets is not really in cases. I call out people. I say people are scummy without really putting it into concrete words. But it's just the way I play, and I've seen too many scum-driven wagons go through on me because of it. It's total bullshit.

I want LLD dead, but with all the strikes it's not worth it. Of the two competing wagons, KageLord is the scummier. If you really want I can try and organize my thoughts on him, but it's really not the way I play.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Don't buy into it, there are people with vested interests who are striking Kagelord to save inner circle scum KK.
Why the "inner circle" focus? One of your scum buddies defending me?

@camn - WTF is your reason for striking me? What about my play did you find so scummy that you had to burn your strike so quickly?

Hey Plum posted! Hi Plum! Are you in this game, too?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Friend wrote:Hey guys. I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you guys to look at my past games. Yeah, succession mafia. Yeah, Vi's Mafia on Holy Orders. Yeah, a couple ongoing ones where I've been lynched. All as town.

And you'll see that the way I put forth my scum targets is not really in cases. I call out people. I say people are scummy without really putting it into concrete words. But it's just the way I play, and I've seen too many scum-driven wagons go through on me because of it. It's total bullshit.

I want LLD dead, but with all the strikes it's not worth it. Of the two competing wagons, KageLord is the scummier. If you really want I can try and organize my thoughts on him, but it's really not the way I play.

Scum claim, right here.

"Go read my other games! Check my meta!"

Because, you know, meta is SO reliable.

It's even more reliable when people tell you to go check it.

It's like the Godwin's law of Mafia. You have no better arguments remaining, and so you resort to Meta claims.

Scum. Needs death, asap.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Friend »

And it's happening again. Scum pushing me on shitty cases because my playstyle's brief.

I swear to god people ignore what I'm actually saying just because it comes in one/two line format. Points can be summed up in shorter sentences and they're still just as goddamn valid.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:22 pm

"it's happening again"

Seriously, you can't be this bad.

Look, I'm pushing your case because you are scum. Plain and simple, even if we ignore the lack of cases, you are still looking for the easiest lynch to hop on, and your DGB strike is horrible. Even ignoring your playstyle, your scum intent is clear.

So don't give me this meta bullshit.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Plum »

Kublai Khan wrote:Hey Plum posted! Hi Plum! Are you in this game, too?
Shhh - issa
secret

No, really, my V/LA got screwed up and I'm trying to find time to reintegrate properly, and am kinda ticked that strikefest has gone down before that, but well.

Lambda is Townier (at least I detect high sincerity in a lot of the recent stuff - stuff that others have been ragging on).

Kagelord should probably die; more on that later buuuut yeah.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

While reading LLD case, basically all I got was "reaction fishing" is what Friend is doing. Not really making the connection that = scum.
But my read on Friend is that he is scum.
Post number 763 convinces me of that. Basically what Friend is saying is that because he is playing to his town meta, he must be town.
Well it couldn't be that any scum would say, "OH WAIT I CAN'T BE SCUM IM PLAYING TO MY TOWN META LOL."
Dumbest shit I've ever read on this site, and I say a lot of dumb crap in my games.

How many strikes have been put already?
Read KageLord ISO, not really finding what scummy about him.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Friend »

Bunnylover / LLD are both scum, probably on the same team too.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by Kast »

There's 21 players still alive. Based on RC's clarification (strike % ONLY checks # of living players and ignores ALL ELSE)
we can STILL block and strike.
However, we can ONLY do that if Kage and KK are the targets.

(1) We have 21 players for a total of 21 possible strikes.
(2) DSK will kill someone before the day ends. Anyone objecting to the contrary is just spouting nonsense/anti-town distractions.
(2.1) After DSK's kill, the lynch threshold will drop from 13 to 12.
(2.2) After DSK's kill, the block threshold will drop from 9 to 8.
(3) Current strike situation (with Toog being a potentially wasted strike AGAIN), allows us to make an 8 strike-12 strike split between Kage and KK (1 + 8 + 12 = 21).
(4) If everyone, or at least a large majority of players, thinks it is worthwhile to do this, then we need to decide which of Kage/KK should be lynched and which should be blocked.
(5) After deciding, we should strike until the Block target is at 6 strikes and the lynch target is at 11 strikes.
(6) We give DSK a deadline to kill and if not the remaining 3 players strike the lynch target (this prevents DSK from screwing the lynch by daykilling someone who has not struck yet).
(6.1) DSK has no incentive to screw with this UNLESS he is the lynch candidate. If he is, then he gets lynched even if he tries screwing with town.

THAT SAID, I'm not sure that it is better to get both a block and strike if it means scummy players like ThAd and others get a free pass for today. I think there's a reasonable enough chance of at least one of them being scum, that we'll learn something (we also learn some about the crazy premature strikers). I'll go along if majority of players want to do it. If not, the ThAd wagon looks best of the three.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

When I said the that Kill + Block wasn't viable, I meant in the sense that getting everyone to play nice and agree on 2 strikes for the even dispersal was asking a bit much. This is mafia, not a tea party. What people are asking is to orchestrate 21 people in unison, including the people put out by it.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Kast »

To clarify-
-When I put block and strike, it should be read as block and lynch.

-I would like everyone who has not yet struck to EXPLICITLY state whether they think we should Block AND Lynch among KK/Kage OR whether it would be better to ignore that and just Lynch the top suspect.

-For reference, I think it would be pretty close. It would probably be slightly better to just Lynch the top suspect; however, I am willing to go along with Block AND Lynch of KK/Kage IF a majority of non-strikers decides to go with that.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Has it even been addressed yet what happens if the DSK kills a target with Strikes?

To do a Lynch and Block day today, my thought is that DSK would have to kill me for it to work.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”