I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

I'm back. And, o.O

Wow.

Yeah, I badly misworded that--I could have sworn I put "he knew that town knew" in there, but that it is what I get for posting a stream of consciousness from the airport waiting area while jet-lagged. I realize using RL as an excuse is potentially sketch, but it's what I got.

But--look, Setael was the first to suspect I was scum, and her case on me was basically, "he's been so cautious and thought-out, he must be scum." I think this was reflected somewhat by Neko. If I were scum, writing a post like that in circumstances like that would be hella out of character for me. Why take that kind of risk at what presumably is LyLo?

Not sure why everyone else seems to be buying Swift's claim wholesale unless it is because of the change of perceptions on me.

I'll have more later.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Zdenek wrote:...
KTS wrote: What? Where did you get that from?
Then please explain why Setael's early vote made you want him to claim first?
First off, you didn't answer the question.

Secondly: Because he
haphazardly voted,
in LyLo
on the person I have a big town read on.
Without giving time for him to respond. Using a poor case that is entirely from day 1. Also included in that same post he made a far more solid case on neko-scum (including the statement: "I don't see a possibility of this post being made by town"!) than his Yoshi-scum case
but he still voted for Yoshi
. All of that is suspicious.

Current scum-team suspicion: Setael, neko, Zdenek/implosion.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:46 am

Post by implosion »

I'm going to be
V/LA from tomorrow (Monday) until Friday.
I'm going to be in California. I'm not sure if I'm going to have access at all (I PROBABLY will, but no guarantee) and even if I have access it's unlikely I'll be able to post frequently.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Imp, all I'm saying is we can't take anything for granted. If you can't see why, fine, but stop trying to convince people that the scum are going to make this easy for us.

Here's what really, really super irks me:
implosion wrote:
Darth wrote:Swift can come up with the convenient excuse of being roleblocked now that he knows, with a doc and cop having flipped, that there is almost certainly a scum roleblocker in the setup.
This phrasing looks scummy. You seem to imply both that Swift is town and that Swift is mafia in the same sentence; scum by saying that he can come up with a convenient excuse, and town by saying that he knows "almost certainly" that there's a scum roleblocker. It would make sense if you inserted "from town's view" before there being a scum roleblocker, but you didn't.
I specifically asked for nobody to comment on what Yoshi said for this very reason. You fed him an answer, which he took up. Why say what you think he should have said before he had a chance to explain himself? It's still not the answer I was expecting if he were town, though.

Yoshi's response is pretty well what I expected if he were scum. I think the mistake swift pointed out could have come from town not thinking things entirely through. It seems like Yoshi is trying to salvage his argument here, and while I suppose it's feasible he's telling the truth, it just seems so contrived to me. This is definitely just a gut feeling, but I'm not inclined to believe him. I also feel that the way he mentioned the roleblocker suggested that he's got inside info. Actually, quick poll: who would have guessed there could be a mafia roleblocker before Swift and Yoshi mentioned it? I didn't, but I wasn't really thinking about it, so I want to know if anyone else found Yoshi's comment strange.

I think Swift and Yoshi have both been caught in a lie, and I think implosion is trying to cover for Swift and coach Yoshi. I'm feeling comfortable voting for any one of these.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:24 am

Post by Zdenek »

Anyway, I didn't want to comment on Yoshi's potential slip before because I didn't want to feed him answers, and I hoped to get a better read off of him if he was town under the pressure of perhaps having cost his team the game with it, but it didn't help.
KTS wrote: First off, you didn't answer the question.
I didn't realize that you felt so strongly about Setael's early vote, and I can definitely see someone being a power-role with information as being a reason to vote someone immediately in LYLO.
Neko wrote: Actually, quick poll: who would have guessed there could be a mafia roleblocker before Swift and Yoshi mentioned it?
No, but I'd have said yes after the vig-claim because I've played in a similar set-up before.
Setael wrote: The mod's post made me realize that scum's best bet is actually to stall. If they can get us to just talk until deadline without coming to a consensus, they win. This is clearly what they're doing with so little activity here. It would also make it much easier to pull off a mislynch if they can stall for a few days, because votes could pile on quickly if it's really close to deadline.
This is more BS from Setael. She's casting a blanket of doubt over everyone with this accusation.

At the moment, I'd most like to lynch Setael, and if we are going to lynch someone based on a potential scum-slip, I'd lynch Swift over Yoshi because I think that the way Swift claimed is worse than what could have been a slip from Yoshi.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Setael »

zdenek wrote:This is more BS from Setael. She's casting a blanket of doubt over everyone with this accusation.
And what would be my scum motivation for that? Deadline is in 4 days. We need to come to a consensus so we're not trapped into a quicklynch which would be easier for scum to control. Do you feel that activity on this thread is reasonable for a deadline-in-4-days-lylo? Your attempt to cast suspicion on me for this is ludicrous. And scummy.
zdenek wrote:I can definitely see someone being a power-role with information as being a reason to vote someone immediately in LYLO.
Terrible reasoning. If the reason I voted Darth was because I'm a PR with information on him, don't you think I'd have said so at this point? Your reasons for suspecting KTS for wanting me to claim first are weak and contrived. I also find it hard to believe that you didn't realize KTS "felt so strongly" about my early vote when he had made it abundantly clear.

I'm most comfortable with a zdenek lynch at this point. Every one of his posts today have been really scummy. I'm actually wary of a Zdenek-Neko scum pairing which would mean Darth is prob town.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Zdenek »

Setael wrote: And what would be my scum motivation for that?
So that you can change your mind about who you want to lynch at the drop of a hat.
Setael wrote: Do you feel that activity on this thread is reasonable for a deadline-in-4-days-lylo?
More would be better, but things are always slow over weekends, and it should pick up.
Setael wrote: If the reason I voted Darth was because I'm a PR with information on him, don't you think I'd have said so at this point?
Not if you thought you could push the lynch and avoid a night kill.
Setael wrote: I also find it hard to believe that you didn't realize KTS "felt so strongly" about my early vote when he had made it abundantly clear.
Before he basically said that you shouldn't have voted.
Setael wrote: right now I'm leaning toward a scum team of darth, neko and zed.
Setael wrote: I'm actually wary of a Zdenek-Neko scum pairing which would mean Darth is prob town.
Changing opinions for no apparent reason, and this happened after Yoshi's apparent slip to which Setael had to say:
Setael wrote: This sentence really points to Darth being scum.
Regarding Swiftstrike's claim:
Setael wrote: Yeah... I don't believe you.
But Swift doesn't appear as a suspect of Setael's later.

Setael's play has been inconsistent all day.

Vote Setael
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Twenty-Ninth:

Setael (1): Zdenek

Not voting: Darth Yoshi, neko2086, implosion, KingTwelveSixteen, Setael, Swiftstrike

It takes 4 to lynch, 4 to no lynch. The deadline is 3pm (GMT) on the 1st April 2011. (That's 4 and a bit days)
Trans rights are human rights.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:49 am

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Setael you shouldn't have voted. Your evidence of Yoshi-scum is entirely from day 1 and you didn't even give him a chance to counter it before you voted, and you just flat out ignored his counter with your most recent post.
Setael wrote:I'm not worried about votes piling on you because I think your scum buddies will fight against your lynch. If you really thought I was scum, you'd vote me knowing it'd be extremely tough to pull off my lynch with my buddies highly motivated to mislynch today.
The only reason to NOT vote is if you actually think I'm town, in which case the worry that all the scum would jump on and mislynch me

Activity around here is minimal, and talking things out is no longer so helpful since almost half the living players are scum who can lead the town pretty easily. The best plan seems for me to choose the person I'm most confident is scum and stick with that. That happens to be you.
Underlined reasoning only works if Yoshi is a
townie
player, so your mindset is that he is a townie then?
I know which one of you two I'm gonna vote for if Yoshi doesn't get quicklynched.

Also voting without giving anybody a chance to answer to your accusations is not the correct move in LyLo.
I thought it was obvious I thought that his vote was scummy. I underlined it in this quote.

If I had to choose between the two of them, I think Zdenek is the more likely town here, but I'm gonna wait a bit more (because its LyLo) before voting one of them.

Since it has been polled: At the end of the last day I actually thought that there was a one-shot daykill vig and a roleblocker in the set-up, since doc+cop is a crazy powerful combo and doc+cop+roleblocker with this amount of players is a bit unbalanced towards scum. I actually thought that Swift was either the day-kill vig or the roleblocker since he seemed to be trying to lay low, as it were, but his claim of one-shot night-kill vig totally messed that one-or-the-other thing I was thinking of.
...Should have mentioned that earlier.

@Setael: Here are some accusations for 'ya: Why did you vote for Yoshi when you claimed that you thought it was impossible that neko was town? Why did you vote without letting Yoshi give a counter? Why did you ignore the first accusation listed here when I made it last post? What the heck were you talking about with this: "You're right, I didn't think that through obviously. There's no reason for darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum." That was not even close to what I meant in the post you responded to.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

KTS wrote:Also included in that same post he made a far more solid case on neko-scum (including the statement: "I don't see a possibility of this post being made by town"!) than his Yoshi-scum case but he still voted for Yoshi.
This is a great catch.

And it ties in well with what Zdenek looks to basically be saying--that Setael is trying to get anyone other than her lynched today, which, if this is LyLo, makes a lot of sense for scum, because scum want anyone but them to be lynched, and they win. I'm beginning to think her entire suspicion on Implosion during D3 was a scripted bus--she articulated no suspicion of him beforehand, and afterwards, today, he is basically off her radar as she is trying to get me, Swift, or Z lynched. Her reaction to Z's stated desire to lynch her looks like more OMGUS--suddenly, her top suspect switches again, this time from me to Z.
neko wrote:Yoshi's response is pretty well what I expected if he were scum. I think the mistake swift pointed out could have come from town not thinking things entirely through. It seems like Yoshi is trying to salvage his argument here, and while I suppose it's feasible he's telling the truth, it just seems so contrived to me. This is definitely
just a gut feeling
, but I'm not inclined to believe him. I also feel that the way he mentioned the roleblocker suggested that he's got inside info. Actually, quick poll: who would have guessed there could be a mafia roleblocker before Swift and Yoshi mentioned it? I didn't, but I wasn't really thinking about it, so I want to know if anyone else found Yoshi's comment strange.
Emphasis mine. This is a paragraph of complete fluff, surrounding what is basically an admission that, despite nearly 900 posts in, a scumread on me is basically just on gut.

Also, the poll thing is ridiculous. I think it is a fairly accepted principle on the site as a whole regarding setup construction that if there is a sane cop and a doc in the setup (and in normal games, I think the cop is required to be sane), then there has to be a scum roleblocker to prevent the town from breaking the setup and playing follow-the-cop.

@Setael: You were unhesitant in voting for me--why are you not voting for Z if you are most sure in having him lynched? How you answer this question will play a factor in whether or not I decide to vote for you.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by Setael »

When I voted you I was in a position to keep an eye on the thread and unvote if anyone jumped on too quickly. I didn't expect that to happen for reasons I've already given but I wanted to be prepared in case I was wrong. I wasn't in the same position today. I'm headed to a funeral and have been driving all day with patchy cell reception. I'll be V/LA the next few days. I should be able to check in and vote but I'm not going to be able to do much else.
KTS wrote:@Setael: Here are some accusations for 'ya: Why did you vote for Yoshi when you claimed that you thought it was impossible that neko was town? Why did you vote without letting Yoshi give a counter? Why did you ignore the first accusation listed here when I made it last post? What the heck were you talking about with this: "You're right, I didn't think that through obviously. There's no reason for darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum." That was not even close to what I meant in the post you responded to.
I'll try to get to this tomorrow.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by Swiftstrike »

neko2086 wrote:Imp, all I'm saying is we can't take anything for granted. If you can't see why, fine, but stop trying to convince people that the scum are going to make this easy for us.

Here's what really, really super irks me:
implosion wrote:
Darth wrote:Swift can come up with the convenient excuse of being roleblocked now that he knows, with a doc and cop having flipped, that there is almost certainly a scum roleblocker in the setup.
This phrasing looks scummy. You seem to imply both that Swift is town and that Swift is mafia in the same sentence; scum by saying that he can come up with a convenient excuse, and town by saying that he knows "almost certainly" that there's a scum roleblocker. It would make sense if you inserted "from town's view" before there being a scum roleblocker, but you didn't.
I specifically asked for nobody to comment on what Yoshi said for this very reason. You fed him an answer, which he took up. Why say what you think he should have said before he had a chance to explain himself? It's still not the answer I was expecting if he were town, though.

Yoshi's response is pretty well what I expected if he were scum. I think the mistake swift pointed out could have come from town not thinking things entirely through. It seems like Yoshi is trying to salvage his argument here, and while I suppose it's feasible he's telling the truth, it just seems so contrived to me. This is definitely just a gut feeling, but I'm not inclined to believe him. I also feel that the way he mentioned the roleblocker suggested that he's got inside info. Actually, quick poll: who would have guessed there could be a mafia roleblocker before Swift and Yoshi mentioned it? I didn't, but I wasn't really thinking about it, so I want to know if anyone else found Yoshi's comment strange.

I think Swift and Yoshi have both been caught in a lie, and I think implosion is trying to cover for Swift and coach Yoshi. I'm feeling comfortable voting for any one of these.
Neko I'm trying to understand how you see me and Darth teaming here if this was the case what is the scum play for end game here? Because otherwise this just seems to be a way to keep your options open for a lynch if one person votes the wrong way. Also how is Implosion giving a answer that would help Darth answer that question trying to cover for me?

--
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Setael you shouldn't have voted. Your evidence of Yoshi-scum is entirely from day 1 and you didn't even give him a chance to counter it before you voted, and you just flat out ignored his counter with your most recent post.
Setael wrote:I'm not worried about votes piling on you because I think your scum buddies will fight against your lynch. If you really thought I was scum, you'd vote me knowing it'd be extremely tough to pull off my lynch with my buddies highly motivated to mislynch today.
The only reason to NOT vote is if you actually think I'm town, in which case the worry that all the scum would jump on and mislynch me

Activity around here is minimal, and talking things out is no longer so helpful since almost half the living players are scum who can lead the town pretty easily. The best plan seems for me to choose the person I'm most confident is scum and stick with that. That happens to be you.
Underlined reasoning only works if Yoshi is a
townie
player, so your mindset is that he is a townie then?
I know which one of you two I'm gonna vote for if Yoshi doesn't get quicklynched.

Also voting without giving anybody a chance to answer to your accusations is not the correct move in LyLo.
I thought it was obvious I thought that his vote was scummy. I underlined it in this quote.

If I had to choose between the two of them, I think
Zdenek
is the more likely town here, but I'm gonna wait a bit more (because its LyLo) before voting one of them.
Reading the quote that your talking about it seems your giving an opinion on either Darth or Setael and yet in your reply you put Zdenek as more likely town, so more likely than which out of Setael and Darth and why introduce Zdenek at this point where your discussion is not about him?

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Since it has been polled: At the end of the last day I actually thought that there was a one-shot daykill vig and a roleblocker in the set-up, since doc+cop is a crazy powerful combo and doc+cop+roleblocker with this amount of players is a bit unbalanced towards scum. I actually thought that Swift was either the day-kill vig or the roleblocker since he seemed to be trying to lay low, as it were, but his claim of one-shot night-kill vig totally messed that one-or-the-other thing I was thinking of.

...Should have mentioned that earlier.

@Setael: Here are some accusations for 'ya: Why did you vote for Yoshi when you claimed that you thought it was impossible that neko was town? Why did you vote without letting Yoshi give a counter? Why did you ignore the first accusation listed here when I made it last post? What the heck were you talking about with this: "You're right, I didn't think that through obviously. There's no reason for darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum." That was not even close to what I meant in the post you responded to.
Going a little bit off game here possibly but why would it make a big difference to the set up if it was day vig or night vig?
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 am

Setael wrote:...
The mod's post made me realize that scum's best bet is actually to stall.
If they can get us to just talk until deadline without coming to a consensus, they win. This is clearly what they're doing with so little activity here. It would also make it much easier to pull off a mislynch if they can stall for a few days, because votes could pile on quickly if it's really close to deadline.
Setael wrote:When I voted you I was in a position to keep an eye on the thread and unvote if anyone jumped on too quickly. I didn't expect that to happen for reasons I've already given but I wanted to be prepared in case I was wrong. I wasn't in the same position today. I'm headed to a funeral and have been driving all day with patchy cell reception.
I'll be V/LA the next few days.
I should be able to check in and vote but I'm not going to be able to do much else.
KTS wrote:@Setael: Here are some accusations for 'ya: Why did you vote for Yoshi when you claimed that you thought it was impossible that neko was town? Why did you vote without letting Yoshi give a counter? Why did you ignore the first accusation listed here when I made it last post? What the heck were you talking about with this: "You're right, I didn't think that through obviously. There's no reason for darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum." That was not even close to what I meant in the post you responded to.
I'll try to get to this tomorrow.
:igmeou:

@Swift: Because I wasn't expecting it and needed to think about it a bit.

Then you said you hadn't used it yet, then turned it around and said you used it but got role-blocked. :shifty:
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:38 pm

...Nobody else has anything to say right now? :(
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Thirtieth:

Not voting: Darth Yoshi, neko2086, implosion, KingTwelveSixteen, Setael, Swiftstrike

It takes 4 to lynch, 4 to no lynch. The deadline is 3pm (GMT) on the 1st April 2011. (That's 2 days)
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Yoshi-- nah, not really fluff. We have to assess the believability of people's statements, excuses, and yours sounds contrived. Gut is not the most reliable tool in this game, but it is certainly a valid one IMO.

Swift--I think Yoshi was trying like hell to bus you to make it through end game. I don't at all understand your last question. Imp fed yoshi an answer and he's defending you. I don't see what more I can say to make that clearer.

I'll have some time later to look over arguments against set, bit I'm pretty certain I would rather lynch one of the three I've already mentioned.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Neko how much more end could we be at than lylo? Which we seem to agree that we are at. And if scum just need to not lynch scum this day surely bussing a scum buddy hard at the start makes no sense in fact bussing them makes no sense surely it's more likely just to not mention the buddy at all and see if you can cause a mislynch of a townie or to split the vote and get a no lynch?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:35 am

Post by Setael »

I've been going back and forth about Darth, but I'm now pretty confident both zdenek and Darth are scum based on zdenek implicating me for "trying to get anyone but myself lynched" and then Darth for agreeing with it when it's an outright lie and is not a conclusion town would make about my statement.

When I voted you I was in a position to keep an eye on the thread and unvote if anyone jumped on too quickly. I didn't expect that to happen for reasons I've already given but I wanted to be prepared in case I was wrong. I wasn't in the same position today. I'm headed to a funeral and have been driving all day with patchy cell reception. I'll be V/LA the next few days. I should be able to check in and vote but I'm not going to be able to do much else.

KTS wrote:Why did you vote for Yoshi when you claimed that you thought it was impossible that neko was town?
I thought they were scum buddies. I voted Darth because I thought he was scum and because he had flown under the radar, his play had been careful and cautious all day and I thought he needed the spotlight.
KTS wrote:Why did you vote without letting Yoshi give a counter?
I didn't think about it. I was sure he was scum and therefore confident it'd take a real fight to get anyone else to vote him. Even if town I was sure scum wouldn't just jump on since no one had expressed suspicion of Darth so it'd look fishy. I did keep an eye on the thread though so I could unvote if I was wrong and that happened.
KTS wrote: Why did you ignore the first accusation listed here when I made it last post?
I'm not sure. I do remember seeing it so I was either really short on time and/or forgot to answer it when I posted.
KTS wrote: What the heck were you talking about with this: "You're right, I didn't think that through obviously. There's no reason for darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum." That was not even close to what I meant in the post you responded to.
You're right that I did not think that through well enough. Just like you said, the statement only made sense if I thought Darth was town, which was not the case (though of course there's always a chance he's town, I just don't think so). So that sentence where I said "the only reason for Darth to not vote me is if he's town and thinks I'm scum" makes no sense and therefore there is no reason for Darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum.

Your whole argument that scum would jump on a mislynch wagon has been proven wrong anyway by zdenek's vote of me not quickly attracting scum (but if you're a townie you won't know that until the game's over so I guess it's only proven to me).

I think 2 scum are working up a wagon on me - darth and zdenek. Their 3rd buddy will eventually give his reasons and vote me and then they'll just have to convince a townie.

I don't think KTS is the 3rd buddy - his suspicion of me is reasonable and townish. Zdenek and Darth on the other hand, not so much.

I'll be at funeral services most the day but after it's over I'll be voting zdenek. I should be able to be more active then.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:40 am

Post by neko2086 »

Swift, surely that's the easiest move. But, I think Yoshi believed that nobody would believe your claim, that you would inevitably be lynched, and that he best be on the wagon early in order to sail through the rest of the game. If he were to try to defend you, you could both be lynched. Thus, easiest move does not equal best move.

I still prefer swift-Yoshi-Implosion as lynch options, in that order. If this comes down to Zed and Set, I'll vote Zed. I was suspicious of him earlier, and I think there's a better chance of him being scum. I need to run again, but I should be able to check in again this afternoon.
In Tartiflette We Trust
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:41 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The reason I asked Setael the question about her hesitation in voting Z was twofold—one, to see if she would continue the same pattern of not putting a vote out but expressing suspicion of basically everyone else, which would allow her to plausibly jump on almost any wagon at almost any time.

But the other reason was because in #872, on Saturday, she would vote for me “tomorrow” (Sunday). But didn’t. And in her most recent post, she says she’ll vote for Zdenek. She calls out the scum for dragging their feet, and expresses concern about having votes out before deadline, but isn’t walking the walk. KTS hints at this in his #887, and I think there is even more to it than what he points out.

That being said, I still don’t believe Swift’s vig claim for a nanosecond. I think it is fairly standard vig play to shoot on N1, but Swift held off both N1 and N2, but NOT on N3, when misfiring and hitting town would create a 3-3 split with a three-person scumteam, which would basically mean game over—scum could force a no-lynch, then NK and win. Swift’s explanations of his behavior don’t match up with what a pro-town vig would be doing.

I’m equally happy voting for either, but I think people should start putting votes out now. So, for the moment, I’m putting my vote on Swift and seeing what happens. I will check back late tonight or tomorrow morning to re-allocate my vote if need be in order to prevent a no-lynch.

@Neko: You’re giving no reasons beyond gut for my explanation being “contrived.” You’re just saying it’s contrived over and over. Not helpful, especially when that is what your entire bussing theory is based on as well.

Vote: Swiftstrike.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Setael »

I'm most confident about zdenek being scum.

vote: zdenek
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Thirty-First:

Swiftstrike (1): Darth Yoshi
Zdenek (1): Setael

Not voting: neko2086, implosion, KingTwelveSixteen, Swiftstrike

It takes 4 to lynch, 4 to no lynch. The deadline is 3pm (GMT) on the 1st April 2011. (That's tomorrow)
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Setael wrote:...
KTS wrote:Why did you vote for Yoshi when you claimed that you thought it was impossible that neko was town?
I thought they were scum buddies. I voted Darth because I thought he was scum and because he had flown under the radar, his play had been careful and cautious
all day
and I thought he needed the spotlight.
KTS wrote:Why did you vote without letting Yoshi give a counter?
I didn't think about it. I was sure he was scum and therefore confident it'd take a real fight to get anyone else to vote him. Even if town I was sure scum wouldn't just jump on since no one had expressed suspicion of Darth so it'd look fishy. I did keep an eye on the thread though so I could unvote if I was wrong and that happened.
KTS wrote: What the heck were you talking about with this: "You're right, I didn't think that through obviously. There's no reason for darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum." That was not even close to what I meant in the post you responded to.
You're right that I did not think that through well enough. Just like you said, the statement only made sense if I thought Darth was town, which was not the case (though of course there's always a chance he's town, I just don't think so). So that sentence where I said
"the only reason for Darth to not vote me is if he's town and thinks I'm scum" makes no sense and therefore there is no reason for Darth not to vote me if he's town and thinks I'm scum.

Your whole argument that scum would jump on a mislynch wagon has been proven wrong anyway by zdenek's vote of me not quickly attracting scum (but if you're a townie you won't know that until the game's over so I guess it's only proven to me).
1. So Setael voted for the inferior and harder-to-get-town-to-lynch scum-choice because he had flown under the radar the whole game? Instead of both pushing Yoshi whilst pushing and voting for neko as well?
Underlined item is ridiculous, it is LyLo. You are cautious in LyLo or you lose in LyLo. Also pretty much nothing had happened before Setael voted Yoshi for Yoshi to be cautious about.

2. Nobody should ever be 100% sure that somebody is scum, especially with only a lackluster case behind the accusation. Also, Setael already mentioned that neko was also 100% scummy. Also, also, Setael showed no suspicion of Yoshi previous to the vote on him.

3. That counter completely ignores giving the reason why scum-Yoshi wouldn't vote for Setael, Setael just repeats himself instead of giving one. Underlined item makes no sense at all.

4. Argument is faulty 'cause it is basically just saying my point is wrong because something that can't be proved says it is.
Setael wrote:I'm most confident about zdenek being scum.

vote: zdenek
What happened to neko "No chance of town making this post"?

The deadline is tommorow.
We gotta step it up.

Vote: Setael
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

I have to fly to Nashville today for a conference for school, so I may not be able to post again today (I should have internet access while I'm there, though it may be limited). Deadline is in about 24 hours. Nobody else (except presumably Neko) seems that interested in lynching Swift. I still think Setael is a good vote, and to prevent a no-lynch,
Unvote. Vote: Setael.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:52 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

EBWOP: That's L-1.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”