Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Setael »

Well done, scum. So the team was zdenek - Darth - neko eh? Swiftstrike's terrible claim threw me off some and I wish I'd had time/access to be more active these last few days, reread and make better cases.

Glad this game is over.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:30 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Just a head's up, everyone....

Setael has just correctly called the scumteam. Yup.

This has been a friendly PSA from your local service-oriented scumteam.

Lovies,
DY
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 am

Post by Setael »

Probably the only thing I did right all game.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:50 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

BOOO!!!

Wow I sucked there, I would have picked Darth as a vote and possibly Neko for his weird logic way of keep trying to link me and Darth, but really the only thing I picked up on Zdenek was the completely unrelated to scum thing with Emp. I guess a well done to Scum is in order.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount the Thirty-Second:

Setael (1): Zdenek, KingTwelveSixteen, Darth Yoshi, neko2086 LYNCHED.
Zdenek (1): Setael

Not voting: implosion, Swiftstrike

It takes 4 to lynch, 4 to no lynch. The deadline is 3pm (GMT) on the 1st April 2011. (That's tomorrow)

Zdenek points at Setael. "He's one of the scumbags. Let's take him out, and then we can get his buddies tomorrow. KingTwelveSixteen nods his agreement, and goes to fetch some rope. Darth Yoshi and neko2086 look at one another, and then with a nod, grab the rope off of KingTwelveSixteen and wrap it around Setael's neck. Carrying him to the gallows, Darth Yoshi, Zdenek, KingTwelveSixteen and neko2086 string Setael up and let him go. His neck snaps, and you quickly go and search his house, hoping to find a gun of some kind. Sadly not. Turns out, Setael was:

Setael - Vanilla Town

Swiftstrike, implosion, KingTwelveSixteen all look at one another, as they check Setael's room one more time. They turn to hear the sound of three guns cocking. Zdenek, neko2086 and Darth Yoshi all look at one another, before smiling, and pulling the triggers. The three remaining town members are killed:

KingTwelveSixteen - Vanilla Town

implosion - Vanilla Town

Swiftstrike - Town-aligned One Shot Vigilante

The three remaining people leave the house, before burning it down and rubbing their hands with glee. Nexusville had three new mayors:

Zdenek - Mafia Roleblocker

neko2086 - Mafia Goon

Darth Yoshi - Mafia Goon

Thoughts, role PMs and QT link incoming.
Trans rights are human rights.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:57 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Me in the dead QT back on March 16th: "Set/Neko/Zdenek with King as vig? That's my bet."

Almost called the scumteam. :(

Two things though:
A) Why was I killed?
B) I blame Saint. And/or Empking.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Nexus »

Role PMs:

Scum:

Zdenek, you are a Mafia Roleblocker, your partners are Darth Yoshi (Goon) and neko2086 (Goon), and you may talk to them during confirmation and at night in here: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/QaVwzN3gYgDbH

Abilities:
Roleblock-Once per night, you may send me the name of a player that you wish to roleblock.

One of the goons must send in the kill, however, if you are the only member of your team left, then you may kill and roleblock in the same PM.

You win when you and your team mates control town, or nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16263

Post confirmation of participation in thread when I open it.
neko2086, you are a Mafia Goon, your team mates are Darth Yoshi (Goon) and zdenek (Roleblocker), and you may talk to them during confirmation and at night in here: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/QaVwzN3gYgDbH

Ability:

Kill - Once per night you may PM me the name of a player who you will attempt to kill with your gun.

Only one of the two goons can send a kill in, and the first one I receive will be the one that goes through. You should decide amongst yourself who should send it in.

You win when you and your team mates control town, or nothing can prevent the same.

Darth Yoshi, you are a Mafia Goon, your team mates are neko2086 (Goon) and zdenek (Roleblocker), and you may talk to them during confirmation and at night in here: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/QaVwzN3gYgDbH

Ability:

Kill - Once per night you may PM me the name of a player who you will attempt to kill with your gun.

Only one of the two goons can send a kill in, and the first one I receive will be the one that goes through. You should decide amongst yourself who should send it in.

Town:

mongoose
Empking, you are the Town Doctor. You have the ability to protect one of your town from death each night.

Ability:

Protect - Each night while you are alive, you can PM me the name of one person who you can protect from a night-kill.The person you target will not be killed that night.

You win when all threats to the town are removed.

ICEninja, you are the Town Cop. You have the ability to investigate one of your town each night.

Ability:

Investigate - Each night while you are alive, you can PM me the name of one person who you wish to investigate. You will then find out whether they are guilty or innocent in a return PM. You're unsure of the reliability of your results.

WeaponsofMassConstruction
Swiftstrike, you are a town-aligned one shot vigilante. You have the ability to use your gun once to eliminate another player.

Ability:

Shoot - One night you can decide to take matters into your own hands, and attempt eliminate another player from the game. You only have one bullet, so you have to make it count. Just PM me that night with your action, and your target will be shot. Once you have used it, whether or not it's successful, you then basically turn into a normal, vanilla townie.

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Nexus »

The VT PMs were all the same as the one in the opening post.

Night Actions:

Night 1:

Zdenek Roleblocks nameless
ICEninja Investigates Empking (Innocent)
Darth Yoshi kills InflatablePie
Empking fails to submit an action
Swiftstrike doesn't shoot.

Night 2:

Zdenek roleblocks nameless
Darth Yoshi kills ICEninja
ICEninja investigates implosion, but is killed. (innocent)
Empking and Swiftstrike don't submit actions

Night 3:

Zdenek roleblocks Swiftstrike
Darth Yoshi kills nameless
Swiftstrike shoots implosion but is roleblocked.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Nexus »

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/x24SSXbgpu4A - Dead Thread

Right.

Well done to the scum team. You did well. I think you were helped by the fact there were no replacements on your team.

As far as Day 1 was concerned, I was worried all the replacements would disrupt the game, and noone would care about it. mb53 being lynched wasn't surprising. Night 1 went fairly straightforwardly, with ICEninja submitting an action. I was concerned at Empking not submitting a protect, and it turns out he had forgotten his role.

Day 2, Saint's self-hammer was pointless. It had only just been a week, and he stunted the day and probably cost the town a lot. Furc, you're a jerk, and if you ever pull a stunt like that again I will blacklist you. There is no pro-town reason for a town member to self hammer. What the hell were you thinking? The scum got lucky Night 2 in shooting ICEninja, and that basically messed up any chance the town had of winning.

Day 3, Empking's gambit bit him on the ass. It's ironic, he had been being spared because he was a mason. Therefore, if he had remembered to a) protect, and b) admit his role on Day 3 having breadcrumbed elsewhere, he would've survived, and perhaps town wouldn't have ended up in LYLO. His gambit itself was successful up until he revealed it as a gambit. Night 3, the scum shot themselves in the foot by roleblocking Swift. If they hadn't, they would've won.

Day 4, it was an inevitable result really. I actually expected it to go to a no lynch, and then the game end, but mislynching Setael works as well.

So yes, all in all, the town was screwed over by bad play. The scum played well, avoiding suspicion for the most part until Day 3, which is good.

Thoughts on my modding? And the game itself? Be honest.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 am

Post by neko2086 »

That was fun, though this last day didn't go quite as I was expecting. Swift's claim changed everything.

Sorry to Yoshi and Z for going after you. The town really wasn't expecting scum to attack each other in lylo, so in the case one of us was going to go down, I didn't want it to be so obvious who to lynch next.

Implosion--I really really meant what I said earlier about not taking things for granted. Trying to force a quick lynch would seem to be the easiest thing to do, but for a 3-person scum team to try to do that right away would have raised suspicions immensely, and out us all. Thus, if we weren't careful, we could have lost the game in lylo as well. I would have explained it better, but then I was afraid someone would say that only scum would have wanted to think that through so much.

IP, you'll see it in the QT thread, but that was more about who we wanted to keep around than who to get rid of. I don't know that Saint could be blamed for anything, but possibly Emp. It's really unfortunate he didn't know what his role was.

Nexus, I enjoyed having you as a mod very much. This is the second game in which the mod had to deal with a ton of replacements, and I'm impressed again by patience. Thanks for a great game!
In Tartiflette We Trust
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:22 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh yes, thanks to everyone who a) replaced and b) stuck around until the end.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Zdenek »

IP, you were basically killed because other people were arguing with each other and keeping them alive was useful.

I think that town was hurt tby the number of early replacements; that really kept them from getting good town reads on each other and working together. Saint's self-hammer and Empking's gambit hurt the town immensely as well.

Neko, you have nothing to apologize for your play in LYLO. I was definitely trying to fake distancing with Implosion in case I got lynched.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
KingTwelveSixteen
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
KingTwelveSixteen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 am

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

Good job to scum-team, especially Yoshi. Thought he was town the whole way through.
Nexus wrote:...
Empking fails to submit an action
Empking and Swiftstrike don't submit actions
What is this Empking. What is this.
Show
Win-Loss Ratio
2-3 Town
1-0 Scum
0-0 Third Party
3-3 overall
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Nexus »

Empking forgot his role. He says so in the dead thread. He thought he was a VT.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

A few notes from the scum side of the game…much of which you could get from reading the QT, but whatever :) (as an aside, I have no objections to releasing the QT if Neko and Zdenek are okay with it as well).

Setael, you actually got a fair bit right throughout the game. Like, you hit the nail on the head on why I had moved my vote from Empking to Implosion to Empking at the end of D1. I wanted town cred, but also wanted a claimed mason lynched. Badly. Mmmm, cake and eating it, too.

We were convinced that ICENinja was Emp’s mason buddy, and I thought that ICE was actually dropping hints that he was mason, not cop, throughout D2, and that is why we had him killed. I suspected him as potentially being a PR, but never seriously thought he was the town cop. We considered offing him on N1, but decided he was more useful alive.

Neko and I were practically doing cartwheels in the QT after Saint self-hammered. That was a bad, bad, bad move on Saint’s part. I'm with Nexus...not sure if I want to play mafia with Saint again solely on the basis of that…I think that self-hammer alone is worthy of Saint/Furc being put on a blacklist.

However, I'm willing to believe Emp that he forgot his role, but still, lamesauce for the town.

As the two above comments allude to, I think my scumchums and I played well, but we were certainly aided by some pretty egregious town errors. If Saint hadn’t self-hammered and Emp hadn’t fake-claimed while actually being a different PR, I doubt this would have been a perfect scum win.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

EBWOP: Aside from Saint/Furc, I'd love to play mafia with any of y'all again. This may just be me, I dunno—but it helped to act pro-town because, by and large, y’all were such nice people to play mafia with. Seriously—aside from the Emp/KTS noise on D1, I never got irritated or upset with anyone in this game, so pretending to be helpful to all of you was pretty easy. Not saying y’all should be jerks—I like playing mafia with nice peoples when I’m town too—but it was nice.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am

Post by implosion »

My second-to-last post wrote:I'd guess the scumteam is neko/Darth/one of KTS|Zdenek, at this point.
:(.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Nexus »

DY I already released the QT x]
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Derp. I missed that, Nexus. I should stop posting from airports.

Neko--yeah, I was fine with you bussing me on D4, and really, after what I said, you probably should have. Like Z said, nothing to apologize for.

Nexus--thought you did a good job modding. The only minor criticism I might offer is that when WoMC replaced out, I would personally have not replaced him right before D1 ended--he had one more day on his prod, at which point the game would have been in Night, and just replaced him overnight and given his replacement the three days of Night to catch up. That may just be me, I don't know what other folks might do in that circumstance?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Yeah, I always just assume the qt will be made available. I echo yoshi in that regardless of alignment this was a very good group of ppl to play with. Ice rubbed me the wrong way at first, bit I actually really enjoyed playing with him. Same with Set--I like your playstyle. My scumbuddies were pretty awesome too. I hope to play with you again.

Yeah, imp, you pretty much had it right too.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Setael »

Thanks Darth & Neko (though it's embarrassing that scum are the ones complimenting me. Of course scum love my play because I'm an easy mislynch!). One thing I'd actually love to have answered - in the QT a few different dead townies thought I was scum (and KTS obviously). I know why KTS did - he had good reason as that first post where I voted Darth I didn't word carefully and hadn't had time to read enough of the thread before making a case. But why did the rest of you think I was scum? I'm finding lately that a lot of people find my play scummy when I'm town so I'd love advice on how to fix that (or at least lessen that.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Setael »

Also neko I just read in the scum qt that you're in French linguistics. I teach college French. :)
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by mb53 »

Nice job, you 3 were by biggest town reads :oops:

Town pretty much sucked this game xD
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by ICEninja »

I gave Yoshi way too much of a town cred this game, which is a bummer. You played fantastically.

I was really screwed by Empking. I investigated him, got a town read so I was SO SURE he was a mason. I said that I would want to lynch him on day 3 and pretended that I found a cop tell to distract scum when night killing to keep both of us alive. After getting an innocent on Implosion (which I wasn't expecting, but whatever) I would have asked both masons to claim, cleared Emp thus clearing both masons beyond much doubt. That would have left 4 town cleared moving in to day 3, and would have blown the game wide open.

Pity I died before that came to fulfillment for reasons beyond what the actual game mechanics should have caused. Emp's forgetting of his own role and us having furc really shot town's chances.

It was fun, though. Sorry I rubbed you the wrong way at first, Neko, I'm glad things worked out. With the exceptions I noted, I enjoyed playing with all of you.

The modding was great, Nexus. Thanks a lot!
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”